Icebrood Saga Mastery points available to needed ratio is a bit tight

> @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> Not the ratio of the points, but the repetition/grind required to get them.

> For something that is intended as character progress to support map play, these really shouldn't be locked behind such unfun tasks. Once the player has completed something once, something the game should be guiding them toward, give them the point *then*. Finish *one* meta. Finish *one* special area weapon. ...not 15. Not an entire expensive collection.

The weapon collections require 4(Tengu and Stormcaller) or 5(Restored Boreal) weapons not 15

It seems more like the biggest problem is the UI's constant failure to present information in a way that gets interpreted correctly.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> 3 require you to craft weapons (luckily not a whole set since that would be over 100 gold each. Ouch.) and 3 require instanced group content. And a whopping 5 require you to grind 5000 commendations in drizzlewood each.

You don't want to do solo content, you don't want to do group content and you dont want to spend gold.

What is Anet supposed to do in your opinion? Put them into the log in rewards?

> @"DirtyDan.4759" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > 3 require you to craft weapons (luckily not a whole set since that would be over 100 gold each. Ouch.) and 3 require instanced group content. And a whopping 5 require you to grind 5000 commendations in drizzlewood each.

>

>

> You don't want to do solo content, you don't want to do group content and you dont want to spend gold.

>

> What is Anet supposed to do in your opinion? Put them into the log in rewards?

>

I do not know where you got the idea that I do not want to do any of these things. I play pretty much all aspects of the game. (The only thing I dont do regularly is sPvP since my teammates aren't online as much anymore) That does not mean that I can not find fault with the way some content (in this case: mastery points) was implemented. And you are obviously missing the point of this thread.

> @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> I probably have the unpopular opinion here - so be it.

>

> In my opinion a more difficult to obtain MPs are better. PoF, central and HoT MPs all felt way too easy to obtain especially in retrospect where now we have tons of overloaded MPs with no use for them whatsoever.

> Of course having enough alternatives for MPs is good , but IMO the current system is fine. I still manage to get excess points while avoiding some achievements I wish to do later.

There's a difference between difficult content to get a MP and MP's that need to be bought with gold or with repeating the same thing over and over and over again. I had some problems with the HoT points as well, because, as somebody said, I wasn't too good at some of the adventures. But those are generally not too long so you can repeat and get better at them (or even get lucky at one point :p) and finally get that point.

But for the latest series, I need a lot of gold (for example Master of the Ancestral Forge), spend a lot of time doing a meta (that I've only seen fail) several times (such as Raven's Favor) or even worse, only be able to get mastery points by doing strike missions (sorry, I bought GW2 because I don't like forced group content).

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Most of the content that players do is group content so I’d say you’re going to have a rough time if you don’t like it.

Although most do not require explicit grouping.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> I think they intended it to be this tight making it important to do the content AND the grindy money sinks.

that would be OR not AND.

The 3 weapon collections which are the biggest of the money sinks can be skipped. These are the cost of getting the point from each.

29g - [Master of the Ancient Forge](https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-92354;1-92367;1-92230;1-92298;1-92290) - need to substract the cost of the Eitrite Ingots, much cheaper to get them from various content than to craft

34g + 4g(for the etching paper) - [Tengu Weapon Collector](https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-93454;1-93397;1-93351;1-93410)

59g - [stormcaller Armaments Collector](https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-93359;1-93353;1-93524;1-93628)

At least 2 of the 5 grindy Drizzlewood achievements can be skipped as well.