Game is too easy with ascended/legendary gear

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to make the lower level maps more challenge then just create a new character from scratch and level up just like old times. Scaling is not going to have a true 1-1 match to the exact lower level because of armor stats and don’t forget you have traits and elite specs also the lower levels don’t. You can’t scale that stuff.

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> what is the point of downscaling if with ascended gear people can stomp everything with one skill? one of the reason of old maps are empty are because they are too easy, ascended/legendary should have more nerfs on the downscaling state.

>

> i renember my first time at hot with my bad gears, the game felt way more alive and fun

You might think so, but I have seen people spending upward of 10 secs fighting one regular mob. Nearly a minute fighting a veteran. people still complain about HoT to this day. I am saying this second hand, but supposedly, on avg. a skilled veteran player can deal close to 10x damage of the average player. Considering what I see in OW, I am not surprised at all.

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> what is the point of downscaling if with ascended gear people can stomp everything with one skill? one of the reason of old maps are empty are because they are too easy, ascended/legendary should have more nerfs on the downscaling state.

>

> i renember my first time at hot with my bad gears, the game felt way more alive and fun

Feel free to equip blues and greens again if you want a challenge. Problem solved.

Low lvl zones are balanced for lvling players with a miss-matched gear of blue and green quality, lack of talents let alone a coherent build. No runes, no sigils.

It's not a problem of ascended gear you would probably have similar results with rares if you equip runes and have a semi functional build.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> If the game is to easy **for you** with the best gear, just use worse gear, or none at all.

>

> Let others have their fun mowing down enemies.

The problem is that they all know they can do that, cheaply, they just don't want to. This is the same thing on the warframe forums, no one want to make their own difficulty.

In fact, there is a thread there now where someone tells the truth, called: it makes zero sense to use the most OP loadouts/builds/frames/rivens/arcanes imaginable and then turn around and complain that warframe is too easy or we're too powerful.

> @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> The problem is that they all know they can do that, cheaply, they just don't want to.

If others want it easy, let them have it easy.

If you want a challenge, make it yourself.

There is not a single benefit to force even more down scaling on people who don't want it.

You can equip all NPC Berserker whites from the merchant and it still won't be a challenge. Its not even a challenge to newbies, people are getting confused because they leveled their chars before all the nerfs to Central Tyria during the NPEs.

Run around Queensdale for a few hours and count how many downs you see.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> You can equip all NPC Berserker whites from the merchant and it still won't be a challenge. Its not even a challenge to newbies, people are getting confused because they leveled their chars before all the nerfs to Central Tyria during the NPEs.

>

> Run around Queensdale for a few hours and count how many downs you see.

I think I'll count how many people dancing on fenceposts I see. Or will be an equally valid benchmark for whether or not core Tyria has any challenge.

Nobody ever told you that Queensdale is the human newbie area, I suspect. Maybe, just maybe, it isn't supposed to be littered with dying newbies?

Maybe, just maybe, that's probably a good thing?

Why in all existence are you or anyone looking for challenge in bloody Queensdale anyway?

You want challenge? I will walk with you on foot across all the HoT maps, and you're going to kill everything we come across while I watch.

You get downed, we start over at the beginning of the map.

How long do you suppose it'll take us to get to DS?

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > The problem is that they all know they can do that, cheaply, they just don't want to.

>

> If others want it easy, let them have it easy.

> If you want a challenge, make it yourself.

> There is not a single benefit to force even more down scaling on people who don't want it.

That is what i said, right?

> @"naiasonod.9265" said:

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > You can equip all NPC Berserker whites from the merchant and it still won't be a challenge. Its not even a challenge to newbies, people are getting confused because they leveled their chars before all the nerfs to Central Tyria during the NPEs.

> >

> > Run around Queensdale for a few hours and count how many downs you see.

>

> You want challenge? I will walk with you on foot across all the HoT maps, and you're going to kill everything we come across while I watch.

>

> You get downed, we start over at the beginning of the map.

>

> How long do you suppose it'll take us to get to DS?

Did you just challenge Hannelore to the newly founded naiasonod-challenge? xD

Please stream if so.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"naiasonod.9265" said:

> > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > You can equip all NPC Berserker whites from the merchant and it still won't be a challenge. Its not even a challenge to newbies, people are getting confused because they leveled their chars before all the nerfs to Central Tyria during the NPEs.

> > >

> > > Run around Queensdale for a few hours and count how many downs you see.

> >

> > You want challenge? I will walk with you on foot across all the HoT maps, and you're going to kill everything we come across while I watch.

> >

> > You get downed, we start over at the beginning of the map.

> >

> > How long do you suppose it'll take us to get to DS?

>

> Did you just challenge Hannelore to the newly founded naiasonod-challenge? xD

>

> Please stream if so.

I don't get it. Is the assumption that he's going to die repeatedly to trash? Or are we going to like stop by the octovine event and ask him to solo it?

> > You can equip all NPC Berserker whites from the merchant and it still won't be a challenge. Its not even a challenge to newbies, people are getting confused because they leveled their chars before all the nerfs to Central Tyria during the NPEs.

> >

> > Run around Queensdale for a few hours and count how many downs you see.

>

> I think I'll count how many people dancing on fenceposts I see. Or will be an equally valid benchmark for whether or not core Tyria has any challenge.

>

> Nobody ever told you that Queensdale is the human newbie area, I suspect. Maybe, just maybe, it isn't supposed to be littered with dying newbies?

>

> Maybe, just maybe, that's probably a good thing?

>

> Why in all existence are you or anyone looking for challenge in bloody Queensdale anyway?

>

> You want challenge? I will walk with you on foot across all the HoT maps, and you're going to kill everything we come across while I watch.

>

> You get downed, we start over at the beginning of the map.

>

> How long do you suppose it'll take us to get to DS?

First of all, I've been playing the game for many years and have over 22 Gifts of Exploration. I've been through all the core maps many different types on all kinds of different characters, classes, and builds, including just random items I looted.

I've done everything both easy mode and "hard mode" to keep it fresh while getting GoE, so I have a good understanding of it all.

One of the number one complaints about the game from new players is that its boring because the core maps are very generic in difficulty. This is partially justified by the fact that part of the game is F2P, but people who buy the game they have a slow time getting to HoT/PoF and often just boost and jump straight to the expansions because while Central Tyria is full of wonderful amounts of lore, secrets and other gems, no one wants to spend 80 levels facing basically no challenge. Its also why people are so easily overwhelmed the first time they go to dungeons or Fractals because they mentally go "Wait, the game's actually like this? Then what've I been playing all this time?"

Same for expansion areas, adventures, etc. There's a huge difficulty gap between it all.

I understand the starter zones are supposed to be easy. But the entire game from 1-80 is a tutorial-not-tutorial. It suceeeds at being so easy for players that it doesn't actually teach them anything, either. Just how to autoattack to win.

Add in high-level players with bad downscaling and the "difficulty" becomes even worse, with newbies unable to even touch a mob and get credit before some downscaled player annihilates it in 1-2 hits with their mount and autoattack. This is one of the reasons why people avoid Event Completer dailies at all costs, unless there's no other daily to do to complete the set of three.

And if you think I'm alone on this, use forum search to find very long threads about NPE nerfs and other related issues.

And I spend most of my free time either running T3/T4 Fractals with only two people (often soloing the bosses myself), or commanding squads in WvW, so I'd advice you not to challenge me to anything. Besides, the things I'm saying here aren't just my personal experiences but those of guildmates and friends I invited to the game but left for these same reasons.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > You can equip all NPC Berserker whites from the merchant and it still won't be a challenge. Its not even a challenge to newbies, people are getting confused because they leveled their chars before all the nerfs to Central Tyria during the NPEs.

> > >

> > > Run around Queensdale for a few hours and count how many downs you see.

> >

> > I think I'll count how many people dancing on fenceposts I see. Or will be an equally valid benchmark for whether or not core Tyria has any challenge.

> >

> > Nobody ever told you that Queensdale is the human newbie area, I suspect. Maybe, just maybe, it isn't supposed to be littered with dying newbies?

> >

> > Maybe, just maybe, that's probably a good thing?

> >

> > Why in all existence are you or anyone looking for challenge in bloody Queensdale anyway?

> >

> > You want challenge? I will walk with you on foot across all the HoT maps, and you're going to kill everything we come across while I watch.

> >

> > You get downed, we start over at the beginning of the map.

> >

> > How long do you suppose it'll take us to get to DS?

>

> First of all, I've been playing the game for many years and have over 22 Gifts of Exploration. I've been through all the core maps many different types on all kinds of different characters, classes, and builds, including just random items I looted.

>

> I've done everything both easy mode and "hard mode" to keep it fresh while getting GoE, so I have a good understanding of it all.

>

> One of the number one complaints about the game from new players is that its boring because the core maps are very generic in difficulty. This is partially justified by the fact that part of the game is F2P, but people who buy the game they have a slow time getting to HoT/PoF and often just boost and jump straight to the expansions because while Central Tyria is full of wonderful amounts of lore, secrets and other gems, no one wants to spend 80 levels facing basically no challenge. Its also why people are so easily overwhelmed the first time they go to dungeons or Fractals because they mentally go "Wait, the game's actually like this? Then what've I been playing all this time?"

>

> Same for expansion areas, adventures, etc. There's a huge difficulty gap between it all.

>

> I understand the starter zones are supposed to be easy. But the entire game from 1-80 is a tutorial-not-tutorial. It suceeeds at being so easy for players that it doesn't actually teach them anything, either. Just how to autoattack to win.

>

> Add in high-level players with bad downscaling and the "difficulty" becomes even worse, with newbies unable to even touch a mob and get credit before some downscaled player annihilates it in 1-2 hits with their mount and autoattack. This is one of the reasons why people avoid Event Completer dailies at all costs, unless there's no other daily to do to complete the set of three.

>

> And if you think I'm alone on this, use forum search to find very long threads about NPE nerfs and other related issues.

>

> And I spend most of my free time either running T3/T4 Fractals with only two people (often soloing the bosses myself), or commanding squads in WvW, so I'd advice you not to challenge me to anything. Besides, the things I'm saying here aren't just my personal experiences but those of guildmates and friends I invited to the game but left for these same reasons.

Queensdale 2 ez, needs moar tuff. I can eat six burritos at once, so you know I'm a credible source of information on this subject.

> > > @"naiasonod.9265" said:

> > > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > You can equip all NPC Berserker whites from the merchant and it still won't be a challenge. Its not even a challenge to newbies, people are getting confused because they leveled their chars before all the nerfs to Central Tyria during the NPEs.

> > > >

> > > > Run around Queensdale for a few hours and count how many downs you see.

> > >

> > > I think I'll count how many people dancing on fenceposts I see. Or will be an equally valid benchmark for whether or not core Tyria has any challenge.

> > >

> > > Nobody ever told you that Queensdale is the human newbie area, I suspect. Maybe, just maybe, it isn't supposed to be littered with dying newbies?

> > >

> > > Maybe, just maybe, that's probably a good thing?

> > >

> > > Why in all existence are you or anyone looking for challenge in bloody Queensdale anyway?

> > >

> > > You want challenge? I will walk with you on foot across all the HoT maps, and you're going to kill everything we come across while I watch.

> > >

> > > You get downed, we start over at the beginning of the map.

> > >

> > > How long do you suppose it'll take us to get to DS?

> >

> > First of all, I've been playing the game for many years and have over 22 Gifts of Exploration. I've been through all the core maps many different types on all kinds of different characters, classes, and builds, including just random items I looted.

> >

> > I've done everything both easy mode and "hard mode" to keep it fresh while getting GoE, so I have a good understanding of it all.

> >

> > One of the number one complaints about the game from new players is that its boring because the core maps are very generic in difficulty. This is partially justified by the fact that part of the game is F2P, but people who buy the game they have a slow time getting to HoT/PoF and often just boost and jump straight to the expansions because while Central Tyria is full of wonderful amounts of lore, secrets and other gems, no one wants to spend 80 levels facing basically no challenge. Its also why people are so easily overwhelmed the first time they go to dungeons or Fractals because they mentally go "Wait, the game's actually like this? Then what've I been playing all this time?"

> >

> > Same for expansion areas, adventures, etc. There's a huge difficulty gap between it all.

> >

> > I understand the starter zones are supposed to be easy. But the entire game from 1-80 is a tutorial-not-tutorial. It suceeeds at being so easy for players that it doesn't actually teach them anything, either. Just how to autoattack to win.

> >

> > Add in high-level players with bad downscaling and the "difficulty" becomes even worse, with newbies unable to even touch a mob and get credit before some downscaled player annihilates it in 1-2 hits with their mount and autoattack. This is one of the reasons why people avoid Event Completer dailies at all costs, unless there's no other daily to do to complete the set of three.

> >

> > And if you think I'm alone on this, use forum search to find very long threads about NPE nerfs and other related issues.

> >

> > And I spend most of my free time either running T3/T4 Fractals with only two people (often soloing the bosses myself), or commanding squads in WvW, so I'd advice you not to challenge me to anything. Besides, the things I'm saying here aren't just my personal experiences but those of guildmates and friends I invited to the game but left for these same reasons.

>

> Queensdale 2 ez, needs moar tuff. I can eat six burritos at once, so you know I'm a credible source of information on this subject.

>

>

You're the one challenging people to things that aren't challenging. Just be glad you didn't embarrass yourself by going through with it. LoL

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > @"naiasonod.9265" said:

> > > > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > > You can equip all NPC Berserker whites from the merchant and it still won't be a challenge. Its not even a challenge to newbies, people are getting confused because they leveled their chars before all the nerfs to Central Tyria during the NPEs.

> > > > >

> > > > > Run around Queensdale for a few hours and count how many downs you see.

> > > >

> > > > I think I'll count how many people dancing on fenceposts I see. Or will be an equally valid benchmark for whether or not core Tyria has any challenge.

> > > >

> > > > Nobody ever told you that Queensdale is the human newbie area, I suspect. Maybe, just maybe, it isn't supposed to be littered with dying newbies?

> > > >

> > > > Maybe, just maybe, that's probably a good thing?

> > > >

> > > > Why in all existence are you or anyone looking for challenge in bloody Queensdale anyway?

> > > >

> > > > You want challenge? I will walk with you on foot across all the HoT maps, and you're going to kill everything we come across while I watch.

> > > >

> > > > You get downed, we start over at the beginning of the map.

> > > >

> > > > How long do you suppose it'll take us to get to DS?

> > >

> > > First of all, I've been playing the game for many years and have over 22 Gifts of Exploration. I've been through all the core maps many different types on all kinds of different characters, classes, and builds, including just random items I looted.

> > >

> > > I've done everything both easy mode and "hard mode" to keep it fresh while getting GoE, so I have a good understanding of it all.

> > >

> > > One of the number one complaints about the game from new players is that its boring because the core maps are very generic in difficulty. This is partially justified by the fact that part of the game is F2P, but people who buy the game they have a slow time getting to HoT/PoF and often just boost and jump straight to the expansions because while Central Tyria is full of wonderful amounts of lore, secrets and other gems, no one wants to spend 80 levels facing basically no challenge. Its also why people are so easily overwhelmed the first time they go to dungeons or Fractals because they mentally go "Wait, the game's actually like this? Then what've I been playing all this time?"

> > >

> > > Same for expansion areas, adventures, etc. There's a huge difficulty gap between it all.

> > >

> > > I understand the starter zones are supposed to be easy. But the entire game from 1-80 is a tutorial-not-tutorial. It suceeeds at being so easy for players that it doesn't actually teach them anything, either. Just how to autoattack to win.

> > >

> > > Add in high-level players with bad downscaling and the "difficulty" becomes even worse, with newbies unable to even touch a mob and get credit before some downscaled player annihilates it in 1-2 hits with their mount and autoattack. This is one of the reasons why people avoid Event Completer dailies at all costs, unless there's no other daily to do to complete the set of three.

> > >

> > > And if you think I'm alone on this, use forum search to find very long threads about NPE nerfs and other related issues.

> > >

> > > And I spend most of my free time either running T3/T4 Fractals with only two people (often soloing the bosses myself), or commanding squads in WvW, so I'd advice you not to challenge me to anything. Besides, the things I'm saying here aren't just my personal experiences but those of guildmates and friends I invited to the game but left for these same reasons.

> >

> > Queensdale 2 ez, needs moar tuff. I can eat six burritos at once, so you know I'm a credible source of information on this subject.

> >

> >

>

> You're the one challenging people to things that aren't challenging. Just be glad you didn't embarrass yourself by going through with it. LoL

Queensdale 2 ez, needs more tuff.

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > > @"naiasonod.9265" said:

> > > > > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > > > You can equip all NPC Berserker whites from the merchant and it still won't be a challenge. Its not even a challenge to newbies, people are getting confused because they leveled their chars before all the nerfs to Central Tyria during the NPEs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Run around Queensdale for a few hours and count how many downs you see.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think I'll count how many people dancing on fenceposts I see. Or will be an equally valid benchmark for whether or not core Tyria has any challenge.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nobody ever told you that Queensdale is the human newbie area, I suspect. Maybe, just maybe, it isn't supposed to be littered with dying newbies?

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe, just maybe, that's probably a good thing?

> > > > >

> > > > > Why in all existence are you or anyone looking for challenge in bloody Queensdale anyway?

> > > > >

> > > > > You want challenge? I will walk with you on foot across all the HoT maps, and you're going to kill everything we come across while I watch.

> > > > >

> > > > > You get downed, we start over at the beginning of the map.

> > > > >

> > > > > How long do you suppose it'll take us to get to DS?

> > > >

> > > > First of all, I've been playing the game for many years and have over 22 Gifts of Exploration. I've been through all the core maps many different types on all kinds of different characters, classes, and builds, including just random items I looted.

> > > >

> > > > I've done everything both easy mode and "hard mode" to keep it fresh while getting GoE, so I have a good understanding of it all.

> > > >

> > > > One of the number one complaints about the game from new players is that its boring because the core maps are very generic in difficulty. This is partially justified by the fact that part of the game is F2P, but people who buy the game they have a slow time getting to HoT/PoF and often just boost and jump straight to the expansions because while Central Tyria is full of wonderful amounts of lore, secrets and other gems, no one wants to spend 80 levels facing basically no challenge. Its also why people are so easily overwhelmed the first time they go to dungeons or Fractals because they mentally go "Wait, the game's actually like this? Then what've I been playing all this time?"

> > > >

> > > > Same for expansion areas, adventures, etc. There's a huge difficulty gap between it all.

> > > >

> > > > I understand the starter zones are supposed to be easy. But the entire game from 1-80 is a tutorial-not-tutorial. It suceeeds at being so easy for players that it doesn't actually teach them anything, either. Just how to autoattack to win.

> > > >

> > > > Add in high-level players with bad downscaling and the "difficulty" becomes even worse, with newbies unable to even touch a mob and get credit before some downscaled player annihilates it in 1-2 hits with their mount and autoattack. This is one of the reasons why people avoid Event Completer dailies at all costs, unless there's no other daily to do to complete the set of three.

> > > >

> > > > And if you think I'm alone on this, use forum search to find very long threads about NPE nerfs and other related issues.

> > > >

> > > > And I spend most of my free time either running T3/T4 Fractals with only two people (often soloing the bosses myself), or commanding squads in WvW, so I'd advice you not to challenge me to anything. Besides, the things I'm saying here aren't just my personal experiences but those of guildmates and friends I invited to the game but left for these same reasons.

> > >

> > > Queensdale 2 ez, needs moar tuff. I can eat six burritos at once, so you know I'm a credible source of information on this subject.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You're the one challenging people to things that aren't challenging. Just be glad you didn't embarrass yourself by going through with it. LoL

>

> Queensdale 2 ez, needs more tuff.

Hurr durr HoT hard. I challenge you to walk through it!

Am I speaking your language now, champ?

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > @"naiasonod.9265" said:

> > > > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > > > @"naiasonod.9265" said:

> > > > > > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > > > > You can equip all NPC Berserker whites from the merchant and it still won't be a challenge. Its not even a challenge to newbies, people are getting confused because they leveled their chars before all the nerfs to Central Tyria during the NPEs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Run around Queensdale for a few hours and count how many downs you see.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think I'll count how many people dancing on fenceposts I see. Or will be an equally valid benchmark for whether or not core Tyria has any challenge.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nobody ever told you that Queensdale is the human newbie area, I suspect. Maybe, just maybe, it isn't supposed to be littered with dying newbies?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe, just maybe, that's probably a good thing?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why in all existence are you or anyone looking for challenge in bloody Queensdale anyway?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You want challenge? I will walk with you on foot across all the HoT maps, and you're going to kill everything we come across while I watch.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You get downed, we start over at the beginning of the map.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How long do you suppose it'll take us to get to DS?

> > > > >

> > > > > First of all, I've been playing the game for many years and have over 22 Gifts of Exploration. I've been through all the core maps many different types on all kinds of different characters, classes, and builds, including just random items I looted.

> > > > >

> > > > > I've done everything both easy mode and "hard mode" to keep it fresh while getting GoE, so I have a good understanding of it all.

> > > > >

> > > > > One of the number one complaints about the game from new players is that its boring because the core maps are very generic in difficulty. This is partially justified by the fact that part of the game is F2P, but people who buy the game they have a slow time getting to HoT/PoF and often just boost and jump straight to the expansions because while Central Tyria is full of wonderful amounts of lore, secrets and other gems, no one wants to spend 80 levels facing basically no challenge. Its also why people are so easily overwhelmed the first time they go to dungeons or Fractals because they mentally go "Wait, the game's actually like this? Then what've I been playing all this time?"

> > > > >

> > > > > Same for expansion areas, adventures, etc. There's a huge difficulty gap between it all.

> > > > >

> > > > > I understand the starter zones are supposed to be easy. But the entire game from 1-80 is a tutorial-not-tutorial. It suceeeds at being so easy for players that it doesn't actually teach them anything, either. Just how to autoattack to win.

> > > > >

> > > > > Add in high-level players with bad downscaling and the "difficulty" becomes even worse, with newbies unable to even touch a mob and get credit before some downscaled player annihilates it in 1-2 hits with their mount and autoattack. This is one of the reasons why people avoid Event Completer dailies at all costs, unless there's no other daily to do to complete the set of three.

> > > > >

> > > > > And if you think I'm alone on this, use forum search to find very long threads about NPE nerfs and other related issues.

> > > > >

> > > > > And I spend most of my free time either running T3/T4 Fractals with only two people (often soloing the bosses myself), or commanding squads in WvW, so I'd advice you not to challenge me to anything. Besides, the things I'm saying here aren't just my personal experiences but those of guildmates and friends I invited to the game but left for these same reasons.

> > > >

> > > > Queensdale 2 ez, needs moar tuff. I can eat six burritos at once, so you know I'm a credible source of information on this subject.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You're the one challenging people to things that aren't challenging. Just be glad you didn't embarrass yourself by going through with it. LoL

> >

> > Queensdale 2 ez, needs more tuff.

>

> Hurr durr HoT hard. I challenge you to walk through it!

>

> Am I speaking your language now, champ?

You died trying to do it, didn't you. Don't be bitter.

One sad thing with the newest map is that you can attack a vet mob press auto attack. Then take your hands off your keyboard, no dodges no heals and beat the vet mob with the 1 skill alone.

Vet mobs should make you use your dodges and use your other skills to beat it.

I'd love to have a reason to take a mace/hammer into open world pve, currently there is no reason to.

> @"Ultramex.1506" said:

> And have you tried fighting Elite or even Champion solo instead of trash mob? Fight the champion bandit in queendale, even with full ascended gears, you will loose if you face tank all of it's attacks instead of dodging.

i can face tank any champ/legendary without moving a finger as firebrand, i think the only "hard" mob on core game is the spider queen

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"Ultramex.1506" said:

> > And have you tried fighting Elite or even Champion solo instead of trash mob? Fight the champion bandit in queendale, even with full ascended gears, you will loose if you face tank all of it's attacks instead of dodging.

>

> i can face tank any champ/legendary without moving a finger as firebrand, i think the only "hard" mob on core game is the spider queen

And what about other classes?

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > @"naiasonod.9265" said:

> > > > > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > > > > @"naiasonod.9265" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > > > > > You can equip all NPC Berserker whites from the merchant and it still won't be a challenge. Its not even a challenge to newbies, people are getting confused because they leveled their chars before all the nerfs to Central Tyria during the NPEs.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Run around Queensdale for a few hours and count how many downs you see.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think I'll count how many people dancing on fenceposts I see. Or will be an equally valid benchmark for whether or not core Tyria has any challenge.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nobody ever told you that Queensdale is the human newbie area, I suspect. Maybe, just maybe, it isn't supposed to be littered with dying newbies?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Maybe, just maybe, that's probably a good thing?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why in all existence are you or anyone looking for challenge in bloody Queensdale anyway?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You want challenge? I will walk with you on foot across all the HoT maps, and you're going to kill everything we come across while I watch.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You get downed, we start over at the beginning of the map.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How long do you suppose it'll take us to get to DS?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > First of all, I've been playing the game for many years and have over 22 Gifts of Exploration. I've been through all the core maps many different types on all kinds of different characters, classes, and builds, including just random items I looted.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've done everything both easy mode and "hard mode" to keep it fresh while getting GoE, so I have a good understanding of it all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > One of the number one complaints about the game from new players is that its boring because the core maps are very generic in difficulty. This is partially justified by the fact that part of the game is F2P, but people who buy the game they have a slow time getting to HoT/PoF and often just boost and jump straight to the expansions because while Central Tyria is full of wonderful amounts of lore, secrets and other gems, no one wants to spend 80 levels facing basically no challenge. Its also why people are so easily overwhelmed the first time they go to dungeons or Fractals because they mentally go "Wait, the game's actually like this? Then what've I been playing all this time?"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Same for expansion areas, adventures, etc. There's a huge difficulty gap between it all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I understand the starter zones are supposed to be easy. But the entire game from 1-80 is a tutorial-not-tutorial. It suceeeds at being so easy for players that it doesn't actually teach them anything, either. Just how to autoattack to win.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Add in high-level players with bad downscaling and the "difficulty" becomes even worse, with newbies unable to even touch a mob and get credit before some downscaled player annihilates it in 1-2 hits with their mount and autoattack. This is one of the reasons why people avoid Event Completer dailies at all costs, unless there's no other daily to do to complete the set of three.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And if you think I'm alone on this, use forum search to find very long threads about NPE nerfs and other related issues.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And I spend most of my free time either running T3/T4 Fractals with only two people (often soloing the bosses myself), or commanding squads in WvW, so I'd advice you not to challenge me to anything. Besides, the things I'm saying here aren't just my personal experiences but those of guildmates and friends I invited to the game but left for these same reasons.

> > > > >

> > > > > Queensdale 2 ez, needs moar tuff. I can eat six burritos at once, so you know I'm a credible source of information on this subject.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You're the one challenging people to things that aren't challenging. Just be glad you didn't embarrass yourself by going through with it. LoL

> > >

> > > Queensdale 2 ez, needs more tuff.

> >

> > Hurr durr HoT hard. I challenge you to walk through it!

> >

> > Am I speaking your language now, champ?

>

> You died trying to do it, didn't you. Don't be bitter.

Strange, did I miss the part where this thread turned towards general animosity? Wow, you are even less likeable than my own forum persona - and that says a lot. Grats on that I guess.

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"Ultramex.1506" said:

> > And have you tried fighting Elite or even Champion solo instead of trash mob? Fight the champion bandit in queendale, even with full ascended gears, you will loose if you face tank all of it's attacks instead of dodging.

>

> i can face tank any champ/legendary without moving a finger as firebrand, i think the only "hard" mob on core game is the spider queen

That's only because of the pass/fail web attack. You can't tank that. But she has very little health so if you take a high damage build instead of a tanky one you can just burn her down and maybe have to dodge one web.

Edit: I like to use video examples, so I made up a demo!

Any class can do this. Just go in there and deal as much damage as possible, dodge/invuln as needed, and down she goes! No tankiness or specific skills required.