(Early) Celebratory Birthday Enrichment Appreciation thread

I was expecting a huge dragon in the shape of a 2 or something flashy (see Frost Legion Infusion) but we actually obtained something subtler. The effect is a small bluish square confetti infusion sparkle (no streamers) with an aurora borealis effect that shifts from bluish to purplish.

The picture on the official site ( https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/celebrating-guild-wars-2s-eighth-anniversary/ ) doesn't do the animation justice

It's so subtle you can't even see it on asura and barely see it on charr...

It looks good on human, norn, and sylvari, but it seems like they didn't do much or any testing on asura or charr given the bad anchor point on both of them—asura are in the body and charr are in the neck. As a result you get hints of it on charr (assuming you don't have a large mane) and every few seconds you see a flicker on asura (assuming you don't have hair and don't have any particle effects or auras).

I didn't realise they were out already, I thought it was the 25th (I forgot leap years mess up the date).

I'm glad it's fairly subtle, although I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with it. I wish there was a way to preview infusions in the game, so I could decide which character to use it on before putting it into an amulet. As it is I used it on my charr because he's the one who picked it up, but I'm probably going to end up swapping it to someone else.

Edit: It combines well with the rock from last year, although you need a dark background to get the full effect:

![](https://i.imgur.com/kBvGAETh.jpg "")

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I didn't realise they were out already, I thought it was the 25th (I forgot leap years mess up the date).

>

> I'm glad it's fairly subtle, although I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with it. I wish there was a way to preview infusions in the game, so I could decide which character to use it on before putting it into an amulet. As it is I used it on my charr because he's the one who picked it up, but I'm probably going to end up swapping it to someone else.

>

> Edit: It combines well with the rock from last year, although you need a dark background to get the full effect:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/kBvGAETh.jpg "")

>

>

Jennah seems unimpressed ;)

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Jennah seems unimpressed ;)

I can't say I blame her.

I'm glad someone noticed though. I took so many screenshots trying to catch the fireworks and the logo from the 'chair' together and that was the best one, then I realised what she was doing and considered re-doing it, but decided it worked better this way. :D

It's neat, but I'll never use it. I'm just not a fan of infusion effects. I mean, I don't expect every birthday present to be something I'm in love with since you can't please everyone all the time, lol. And objectively, an infusion was a good idea since a lot of people do like this stuff.

For me, personally, the Birthday Blaster and Victory Rock are still my favorites.

I also got mine earlier today and am mostly disappointed with it:

* The draw-weapon effects are _cool_, I love them. <3 However, ...

* ...the main effect looks _stupid_. :-1: The silver confetti is so-so, but that purple light field around the shoulders and the head - what's _that_ even supposed to be?? :s

Not going to use it. What a shame.

P.S. I suggested an infusion a year ago that mimics the **Teal Branded Mist effect** - now, _that_ would have been a worthy "birthday shiny"!

The upward pulsing blue-purple streams are so annoying to look at all the time. If that doesn't show on charr and asura, I sure hope they don't fix that. It would be nice to have some races I could use this on.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> P.S. I suggested an infusion a year ago that mimics the **Teal Branded Mist effect** - now, _that_ would have been a worthy "birthday shiny"!

Huh, I completely missed that. Must've been a thing when I was on one of my breaks.