EXP3 End of dragon, release date prediction?

Yeah, my guess would be sometime in the fall, August/September, or maybe November. If it's released in August it would be fitting as it would be a year from now and around the anniversary. It would also fill up September.

Right now we're still in the saga which seems like it has quite a bit left and we're heading into two of the largest festivals in October and December. So I imagine we'll have MAYBE a vision or a map released before the end of the year with the story concluding in between the summer festivals leading to the fall release.

Could be wrong though.

> @"Konrad Curze.5130" said:

> Q4 2021 if lucky

> considering the amount of actual ingame work the teaser shows, that is absolutly none, it wouldnt surprise me if it is way more than 1 year away.

The devs said they have been working on it for a long time (probably started planning as PoF was getting ready to release), and showing almost nothing is kind of what teasers are all about.

I agree with your guess though. I'd say mid-2021 is the absolute earliest possibility, and only if covid doesn't plunge the world into absolute chaos. Well, more than it is, anyway.

> @"yefluke.3168" said:

> HoT announced in Jan 2015 - Release Oct 2015

> PoF announced roughly 3 months before release.

>

> What is your expected release date and your prediction.

>

> I hope they release around Q1,2021 but my predcition is late august 2021.

18 months. You don't create a page to get newsletter updates for something that is 3 months out.

I think that having us wait that long after announcing it, wouldn't be in their style, also think about it, they release the underwater skimmer, then they tell us they are putting gw2 on steam, if they release the expansion on the same time or just a few months after it it would make it explode with new players. Releasing an already old game on steam with no "here is the new stuff" strategy would be completely dumb, it would have been better at this point to push the release on steam forward until the expansion is ready.

Two ways :

December 2021 (best way) if :

Vision october 2020

Episode 5 december 2020

Episode 6 february 2021

Vision april 2021

Episode 7 june 2021

Episode 8 august 2021

Epilogue october 2021

so expansion 3 for december 2021

OR

August 2021 if :

Episode 5 october 2020

Episode 6 december 2020

Episode 7 February 2021

Episode 8 april 2021

Epilogue june 2021

And expansion 3 for august 2021

> @"Kalythsu.8350" said:

> Two ways :

>

> December 2021 (best way) if :

>

> Vision october 2020

> Episode 5 december 2020

> Episode 6 february 2021

> Vision april 2021

> Episode 7 june 2021

> Episode 8 august 2021

> Epilogue october 2021

> so expansion 3 for december 2021

>

> OR

>

> August 2021 if :

>

> Episode 5 october 2020

> Episode 6 december 2020

> Episode 7 February 2021

> Episode 8 april 2021

> Epilogue june 2021

> And expansion 3 for august 2021

There's no evidence of an epilogue, so I'd guess October 2021

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Kalythsu.8350" said:

> > Two ways :

> >

> > December 2021 (best way) if :

> >

> > Vision october 2020

> > Episode 5 december 2020

> > Episode 6 february 2021

> > Vision april 2021

> > Episode 7 june 2021

> > Episode 8 august 2021

> > Epilogue october 2021

> > so expansion 3 for december 2021

> >

> > OR

> >

> > August 2021 if :

> >

> > Episode 5 october 2020

> > Episode 6 december 2020

> > Episode 7 February 2021

> > Episode 8 april 2021

> > Epilogue june 2021

> > And expansion 3 for august 2021

>

>

> There's no evidence of an epilogue, so I'd guess October 2021

Yes but it is a saga :D and in a saga there are one prologue and one epilogue :D so I deduce that there will be a prologue in the Icebrood Saga ^^

> @"Kalythsu.8350" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > @"Kalythsu.8350" said:

> > > Two ways :

> > >

> > > December 2021 (best way) if :

> > >

> > > Vision october 2020

> > > Episode 5 december 2020

> > > Episode 6 february 2021

> > > Vision april 2021

> > > Episode 7 june 2021

> > > Episode 8 august 2021

> > > Epilogue october 2021

> > > so expansion 3 for december 2021

> > >

> > > OR

> > >

> > > August 2021 if :

> > >

> > > Episode 5 october 2020

> > > Episode 6 december 2020

> > > Episode 7 February 2021

> > > Episode 8 april 2021

> > > Epilogue june 2021

> > > And expansion 3 for august 2021

> >

> >

> > There's no evidence of an epilogue, so I'd guess October 2021

>

> Yes but it is a saga :D and in a saga there are one prologue and one epilogue :D so I deduce that there will be a prologue in the Icebrood Saga ^^

I hope you're right as I'd like there to be more to the story and an epilogue/bridge between icebrood and EoD, but we have evidence that there's only the prologue and 8 episodes. So if there is an epilogue it likely won't have a new map at least, though I'd still like to see one

August/Sept of next year likely. I mean we still have the saga to go through; And perhaps the skimmer upgrade is a sign they intend to use all the mastery points they have left over to inspire people to continue to play older content. With It hitting steam in November and that likely being a huge bump in both revenue and potential new players; Its very likely that they are going to let some of the dust settle before they decide to pump out an expansion. More than likely as well, we will have a ton of QoL to help move us into the expansion and fix issues that have been longstanding.

1. The mystic forge change is QoL which has been needed for years

2. Legendary armory will likely come before Expansion

3. They are probably going to do a ton of work on Underwater content and combat to get ready for cantha

4. Living world has to set up us heading that way, which it has not done yet

5. Balance patches are likely to being streaming out, to make room for the new E-specs.

6. Visual upgrades for skills, effects and maps might be likely

7. A new player expierence ontop of the tutorial might be added

8. We might see something big come prior to the expansion, for new and vet players

9. They said they are fixing up the code so sky is the limit

10. Seems they are interested on bringing the game together as a whole; End of Dragons is supposed to be the culmination of all guild wars 2 has led too. Likely this expansion will be larger, flashier and all the way around more comprehensive than the last two. I think this will truly be our first glimpse of what modern A-net's design for the game going forward will likely be. (Here is hoping they rework Core maps, and give em a face lift with modern day quality. They aren't bad but I think that before the Steam release or during they need to touch up those maps and bring everything full circle.)

> @"ApocSoul.4528" said:

> December 2020!

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> Q4 2021 if they want to make it adequate.

> Q2 2022 if they want to make it great.

> @"Croc.1978" said:

> I just hope they take their time, don't rush things and give us an awesome expansion in the end. So, sometime in 2022 would be perfectly fine for me.

>

> But I think end of 2021 is more realistic (Black Friday, Holiday Sales etc.).

They stated it'll be in 2021, we just don't know when exactly.

Didn't they say 2021 release?

It's hard to say for me, they announced it was in development 5 months ago, so by the start of 2021 it'll be in development almost a year. If I had to guess, with how things are in the world right now my guess would be mid 2021.

Just speculation but I think the teaser kind of confirms it coming within the year, I don't think they would've announced it at this years anniversary if they didn't expect it to be released by next years.