Ability to Hide All Armor

It's come to my attention that while you can hide gloves, shoulder items, backpacks, and helmets, you cannot hide chest gear, leg gear, or footwear. Considering the fact that areas such as Pearl Islet completely remove your armor, it doesn't seem like theres a reason we can't do it ourselves.

My main issue was with footwear since I think they look weird on Charr sometimes. I then found that there are invisible footwear items that sell for over two thousand gold on the trading post.

I propose that it be possible to hide every armor piece, and in the case of the invisible footwear item, have a scenario similar to town clothes where you can trade them for something of equal value.

(If possible, an option to see toggled armor could be enabled if you’d prefer to see the hidden armor someone has on, and not see people possibly running around in their underwear.)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Mutisija.5017" said:

> imagine the riot from the people who paid a small fortune for the invisible footwear

We've already had competing items since then; Tribal Walkers (for Light), and Raven Ceremonial Sandals.

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> I would rather see skimpier outfits offered than have people running around in their underwear. Shrug.

This literally doesn't happen in any game that offers these features, its a myth. And a very outdated one, at that. I remember seeing these kinds of comments all the way back in the Everquest era, and nothing ever came of it.

@ Thread:

The reason its not implemented in GW2 is the devs are known for not implementing things if it'll create visual distortions despite that most players don't actually care that much. Its part of the reason they switched from armor skins to outfits.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> This literally doesn't happen in any game that offers these features, its a myth.

What are you saying doesn't happen? People running around in their underwear? It happens now in cities. I regularly see norn with no shirts on, etc. You don't think it would be much more prevalent if clothing were optional?

It's seems strange to me that you can't, the only problem I see with making all armor have a toggle is the invisible feet they decided to add as a very rare drop, They kind of shot themselves in the foot there.

Maybe they could use the invisible feet as an ingredient to dyeable glowing feet or something if they were to finally introduce this feature since they kind of made a second pair with the light tribal walkers, If you dye the paint to your skin tone they become invisible feet with some ankle feathers.

I'd like to have my male ranger be bare chest since medium armor is so clunky but it's impossible. I don't understand the complaints about people going around in their underwear, You can already do that. And besides, there's already very skimpy armor in the game, I doubt seeing a bra as apposed to a bra and an armband is going to make much of a difference.

> We've already had competing items since then; Tribal Walkers (for Light), and Raven Ceremonial Sandals.

Due to the white dirt, the Tribal Walkers only resemble competition to the invisible shoes for characters with blighted, pale skin.

The sandals are, as the name implies, sandals. They are **not** barefoot. Most of it can't even be dyed, so they work against fashion wars.

> @"Solanum.6983" said:

> It's seems strange to me that you can't, the only problem I see with making all armor have a toggle is the invisible feet they decided to add as a very rare drop, They kind of shot themselves in the foot there.

> Maybe they could use the invisible feet as an ingredient to dyeable glowing feet or something if they were to finally introduce this feature since they kind of made a second pair with the light tribal walkers, If you dye the paint to your skin tone they become invisible feet with some ankle feathers.

since we already have a hide helmet/gloves/shoulders option and the invisible slippers, they can just add "invisible shirt" and "invisible trousers" item... make them as rare or half as rare as the slippers and that solves the concern and issue of some players seeing everyone running around the openworld or instanced pve "naked" brought about by a "hide all armour" option -- this way, not everyone can do it because it's a rare thing and it'll be expensive (on par or a bit cheaper than the invisible slippers) and it wont devalue the slippers in any way and the hide helmet/gloves/shoulders can continue existing as they are

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

make them as rare or half as rare as the slippers and that solves the concern and issue of some players seeing everyone running around the openworld or instanced pve "naked" brought about by a "hide all armour" option -- this way, not everyone can do it because it's a rare thing and it'll be expensive (on par or a bit cheaper than the invisible slippers) and it wont devalue the slippers in any way and the hide helmet/gloves/shoulders can continue existing as they are

And then you'd have people be angry and disappointed at Arenanet **again.**

You know that there **still** are people waiting for Arenanet to do the **right thing** and convert those slippers into a proper toggle, right?

They should just release new tier 4 culture armors that are stat selectable.

Think more about the culture and physical practicality unique to each race.

Essentially shoeless armor for charrs.

Practically shirtless armor for norn.

Etc. etc.

Or yeah, just make hard to get "invisible" armor pieces for those that really want that.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> make them as rare or half as rare as the slippers and that solves the concern and issue of some players seeing everyone running around the openworld or instanced pve "naked" brought about by a "hide all armour" option -- this way, not everyone can do it because it's a rare thing and it'll be expensive (on par or a bit cheaper than the invisible slippers) and it wont devalue the slippers in any way and the hide helmet/gloves/shoulders can continue existing as they are

>

> And then you'd have people be angry and disappointed at Arenanet **again.**

> You know that there **still** are people waiting for Arenanet to do the **right thing** and convert those slippers into a proper toggle, right?

>

>

yup i am aware. it's just that you can't please everybody so you have to meet halfway or reach a compromise. if Arenanet gave a proper toggle for all slots, then you'd have people complaining here on the forums why there's so many players running naked and it ruins their game/immersion/they want to uninstall.

if you gave the solution of having invisibile slippers/chest/trousers then you'd have people complaining it's too rare/expensive.

literally no one wins.

> > @"Mutisija.5017" said:

> > imagine the riot from the people who paid a small fortune for the invisible footwear

>

> We've already had competing items since then; Tribal Walkers (for Light), and Raven Ceremonial Sandals.

>

> > @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> > I would rather see skimpier outfits offered than have people running around in their underwear. Shrug.

> This literally doesn't happen in any game that offers these features, its a myth. And a very outdated one, at that. I remember seeing these kinds of comments all the way back in the Everquest era, and nothing ever came of it.

>

> @ Thread:

> The reason its not implemented in GW2 is the devs are known for not implementing things if it'll create visual distortions despite that most players don't actually care that much. Its part of the reason they switched from armor skins to outfits.

anet dont like creating visual distortions hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha laughs in infusion

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> it's just that you can't please everybody so you have to meet halfway or reach a compromise.

Selling a toggle for over 3000 gold is not a compromise and nowhere near a compromise or even anywhere remotely close to a halfway point.

It's just them trying to boost gem sales via an item horribly inflicted by the sickness called artificial scarcity.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > it's just that you can't please everybody so you have to meet halfway or reach a compromise.

>

> Selling a toggle for over 3000 gold is not a compromise and nowhere near a compromise or even anywhere remotely close to a halfway point.

> It's just them trying to boost gem sales via an item horribly inflicted by the sickness called artificial scarcity.

>

and that's why i said there will never be a situation where everyone will win when it comes to things like these... someone will always be mad/angry/triggered because of something

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> and that's why i said there will never be a situation where everyone will win when it comes to things like these... someone will always be mad/angry/triggered because of something

And I don't see how anyone would have felt negative emotions, if invisible shoes had been introduced as a toggle to begin with (instead of an pointlessly rare drop).

Unless you count those people that just feel happy when others can't have what they want.

I don't count those.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > and that's why i said there will never be a situation where everyone will win when it comes to things like these... someone will always be mad/angry/triggered because of something

>

> And I don't see how anyone would have felt negative emotions, if invisible shoes had been introduced as a toggle to begin with (instead of an pointlessly rare drop).

>

> Unless you count those people that just feel happy when others can't have what they want.

> I don't count those.

>

oh we had a little misunderstanding.. i was pertaining more to the hide chest/legs (be it a toggle or a skin you can transmute) not invisible shoes..

people would always find something to complain about -- like if it was a toggle: "it ruins my immersion" or "i hate seeing people playing a video game and their character is naked" or "it's not realistic to fight naked" etc etc.

or if it was a skin to transmute you'd have people complaining: "it's too rare" or "it's too expensive" etc etc.

hence why i said you can never please everyone