What runes do you people use there days?

Fat Disgrace.4275

Depends on build. On sword builds I tend to use speed runes, for dagger builds I use scholar or daredevil runes (depends if I build glassy or tanky), for staff builds I use speed or durability runes and for hybrid I use aristocracy runes. Other useful runes are brawler, fireworks, thorns, antitoxin, and tormenting, depending on what you want from your build.

I run Diviner's gear with Pack runes, since its the only set that gives you good criticals without losing Power.

But someone might ask "Why Boon Duration in WvW?", because Thief is one of the few classes who benefit from it there, since its really hard for enemies to steal, corrupt or otherwise remove boons while you're in stealth.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> I run Diviner's gear with Pack runes, since its the only set that gives you good criticals without losing Power.

>

> But someone might ask "Why Boon Duration in WvW?", because Thief is one of the few classes who benefit from it there, since its really hard for enemies to steal, corrupt or otherwise remove boons while you're in stealth.

Plus some boon steal sources take the whole stack like Larcenous Strike and Rending Shade which is nice with better duration, especially with bonus damage per a boon on Premeditation trait. Not much reason to steal much though since you have to use them while they're up but it's nice if you need to load up on resistance, protection, whatever to stealth up real quick and scramble out of a zerg and their circles.

My own daredevil has a high crit chance so eagle runes a bit redundant. I use Wyrm runes. This in Conjunction with Sigils that add power (force and sigil of night with an alternate weapon for the day)

That said I have several builds and each use different runes. IE I still in leadership runes for boon duration on one and so on. Yes stealing boons is a thing with these.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"kash.9213" said:

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > I run Diviner's gear with Pack runes, since its the only set that gives you good criticals without losing Power.

> >

> > But someone might ask "Why Boon Duration in WvW?", because Thief is one of the few classes who benefit from it there, since its really hard for enemies to steal, corrupt or otherwise remove boons while you're in stealth.

>

> Plus some boon steal sources take the whole stack like Larcenous Strike and Rending Shade which is nice with better duration, especially with bonus damage per a boon on Premeditation trait. Not much reason to steal much though since you have to use them while they're up but it's nice if you need to load up on resistance, protection, whatever to stealth up real quick and scramble out of a zerg and their circles.

Asked a few people about boon duration builds and they all say it seems a waste of stats. Not really tried boon duration build in a long time now

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"kash.9213" said:

> > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > I run Diviner's gear with Pack runes, since its the only set that gives you good criticals without losing Power.

> > >

> > > But someone might ask "Why Boon Duration in WvW?", because Thief is one of the few classes who benefit from it there, since its really hard for enemies to steal, corrupt or otherwise remove boons while you're in stealth.

> >

> > Plus some boon steal sources take the whole stack like Larcenous Strike and Rending Shade which is nice with better duration, especially with bonus damage per a boon on Premeditation trait. Not much reason to steal much though since you have to use them while they're up but it's nice if you need to load up on resistance, protection, whatever to stealth up real quick and scramble out of a zerg and their circles.

>

> Asked a few people about boon duration builds and they all say it seems a waste of stats. Not really tried boon duration build in a long time now

They're talking about boon removal. Its not a problem if you know how to avoid it, and you won't encounter much boon removal in most small fights anyway, most of it only coming from Necro or Warrior on specific builds.

> > @"kash.9213" said:

> > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > I run Diviner's gear with Pack runes, since its the only set that gives you good criticals without losing Power.

> > >

> > > But someone might ask "Why Boon Duration in WvW?", because Thief is one of the few classes who benefit from it there, since its really hard for enemies to steal, corrupt or otherwise remove boons while you're in stealth.

> >

> > Plus some boon steal sources take the whole stack like Larcenous Strike and Rending Shade which is nice with better duration, especially with bonus damage per a boon on Premeditation trait. Not much reason to steal much though since you have to use them while they're up but it's nice if you need to load up on resistance, protection, whatever to stealth up real quick and scramble out of a zerg and their circles.

>

> Asked a few people about boon duration builds and they all say it seems a waste of stats. Not really tried boon duration build in a long time now

I don't worry about the duration that much, usually the base few seconds is enough to get off what I'm trying to do, and I keep lining them up anyway. Still, even just some duration increase can make feeding that line more of a background thing I'm doing and less worrying about it.

• 2 weeks later...

> > @"Heizero.9183" said:

> > If youre already using Eagle I highly recommend Infiltratuon runes. Really great synergy with thief and good stats while still retaining Eagle's damage increase to low health .

>

> Ooh, i forgot all about that rune.

I use it on my Steady Sniper build.