why do we have so few actual interiors?

coso.9173

most houses can't be entered, other than the few that were in base game. we absolutely lack houses, castles, palaces, or any interiors mostly.

the few places that have an interior, it's mostly a HUGE open area, and doesn't even feel like an interior at all, like the vaults in LA, the blood keep in Grothmar valley, the Eye of the north, Sun's refuge, Amnoon city, and a long list of similar places. it's really weird to see.

If you've ever played caudecus' manor dungeon you might remember how awful the camera is in small confined spaces, combine that with all the spell effects and you basically cant see anything at all. It would probably explain why most interiors that are intended for actual gameplay are huge and open.

I wouldn't mind more interiors that are scaled appropriately but only for purely exploration or treasure hunt quests. I imagine that's less of a priority to anet when designing maps, so that's why we have very few of them.

there are open and furnished buildings in lake doric, so while they can, i can also imagine it takes too much time making that. and exept the small pr community, noone would visit such places more than twice.

> @"zombyturtle.5980" said:

> If you've ever played caudecus' manor dungeon you might remember how awful the camera is in small confined spaces

ever did that with a max height male norn? fun times.

HoT doesn't have a lot of interiors, because there's not a lot of buildings in general, and a lot of the ones we see are hylek homes which are pretty open. There's the underground and interior portions of Tarir of course, but that's about it.

But PoF has many buildings which can be entered. You're right that there's a lot of locked doors too, but I think every town has at least a couple of buildings you can go into. There's usually not a lot in there, but what's there can be interesting. There's some nice visual story telling with the tents in Amnoon - looking at the combinations of items each person or family took with them. As well as houses there's also places like the mines around Glint's Legacy and the dwarven ruins in Desert Highlands.

Here's some random examples I found running around a couple of maps today:

![](https://i.imgur.com/mUwBNE4h.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/JeqJYp5h.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/2DvKfFyh.jpg "")

Even the houses do tend to have very high ceilings, but I think that's necessary because the game is designed to be played in 3rd person and it's pretty awkward when the camera is in close, even if you don't have motion sickness.

> @"zombyturtle.5980" said:

> If you've ever played caudecus' manor dungeon you might remember how awful the camera is in small confined spaces, combine that with all the spell effects and you basically cant see anything at all. It would probably explain why most interiors that are intended for actual gameplay are huge and open.

> I wouldn't mind more interiors that are scaled appropriately but only for purely exploration or treasure hunt quests. I imagine that's less of a priority to anet when designing maps, so that's why we have very few of them.

This. I do not know if it is the official reason, but I shudder at the thought of interior playable content with the current camera issues. That said, interiors can be fun for exploration. I have had a decent amount of fun exploring castles and villages in other games even when there wasn't any combat to be had.

I'm more bothered by triples, quadruples and other tuples walking around town next to each other.

Literally several NPCs with the same face, hair, outfit walk around the same area, especially in DR home instance.

Like, you could have at least changed their hair type/color/face, anything really instead of making carbon copies.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> most houses can't be entered, other than the few that were in base game. we absolutely lack houses, castles, palaces, or any interiors mostly.

> the few places that have an interior, it's mostly a HUGE open area, and doesn't even feel like an interior at all, like the vaults in LA, the blood keep in Grothmar valley, the Eye of the north, Sun's refuge, Amnoon city, and a long list of similar places. it's really weird to see.

It would be great if they changed how personal housing works and that 1 personal instance we now have became many! If you have the gold you could buy different types of homes in different maps and they'd all be instanced. Your nodes in your house might be special as they would appear in all your homes and you could place them where ever you want(notice these are just ideas- it's not set in stone). Crafted decs would have to be duplicated for all your homes or you'd have to move them from house to house. This could also eliminate the need to party with others to view their house. It could be based on what guild you are in instead. Simply ckilcik on a guild members name and select "view personal house" ( or something) and be teleported directly to their house. This would allow people like myself who like to look at decorations and be inspired without having to party with them if they are not online. It gives people that open world access without being in the open world. Of course you could have house locks so no one can mess with your stuff by default or set 1 of your 20 homes to primary so only that house can be visited by others. Lots of options to be thoughout here.

This would then allow players to have that a apartment/home/mansion/castle in DR or a house out in the rural part of Queensdale. It could scale from small to huge and could be a new fun, gold sink/ end game content for the game.