[Discussion] Thief Balance Christmas 2020 Edition (Now with Shortbow)

saerni.2584

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> Regarding daredevil. Adding the 3rd dodge was meaningless, even if it was only 2 Dodges, dash would still be crazy good and a lot of people would pick daredevil just for dash.

I am not so sure, tbh. I was always fan of core d/p, tripple dash (hey, decap bot) is only reason why i still pick DD. If dodges were reduced to 2 i might drop DD altogether. Once again though, i am sure they will murder everything thief (and other classes) have to try to force us to buy xpac. The new elite will be OP compared to the rest of the builds for 6-12 months then the nerf bat will be swung again. "Been there, done that". Just don't feed them more ideas if you want this class be somehow playable til next xpac. They are (and never were) interested in balance.

> @"Cynz.9437" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > Regarding daredevil. Adding the 3rd dodge was meaningless, even if it was only 2 Dodges, dash would still be crazy good and a lot of people would pick daredevil just for dash.

>

> I am not so sure, tbh. I was always fan of core d/p, tripple dash (hey, decap bot) is only reason why i still pick DD. If dodges were reduced to 2 i might drop DD altogether. Once again though, i am sure they will murder everything thief (and other classes) have to try to force us to buy xpac. The new elite will be OP compared to the rest of the builds for 6-12 months then the nerf bat will be swung again. "Been there, done that". Just don't feed them more ideas if you want this class be somehow playable til next xpac. They are (and never were) interested in balance.

I'd like to suggest in the vein of "Acrobatics" as something that was nerfed by Anet to make way for Daredevil—that we make suggestions for how to revitalize the line without being duplicative or overpowered.

I've added a category in the OP. I'll start off by suggesting that Acrobatics could provide boons for evading outside of swiftness. It could also be a line designed around extending the effectiveness of defensive boons (while under protection gain + 200 toughness for example).