My honest feelings about map mob difficulty in PoF

> @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> "I hope there won't be as many stupid mobs in EoD. It's somewhat discouraging to fight mobs and when you might be done with them they just respawn and you gotta kill them and hope you catch a window to mount up and kitten off. I love easy modes, but if the whole map is a minefield... I don't want to do that map again. I thought they are meant to be replayed later again. HoT had some annoying monsteries but for some reason PoF are worse. There doesn't seem to be your generic weak meatball mob that you can kick out of your way, no. Everything is out there to get you. kitten everything and it's so strong. And numerous. If they weren't as numerous it wouldn't feel so horrible.

> **I am bullied by pre-programmed game monsters.** It needs to be a little easier, **this isn't the right difficulty**. And what about those Joko minions? They gonna slap all the conditions on you, even if you roll out of their red circles. Did you just cleanse a condition? Why here, have another one. So you were smart enough to bring another condi cleanse? Yup, here you go. You're welcome. There are places in PoF like the Dwarf Dungeon Rune kitten thing? I could have never had the nerve to do it alone within a day. And even if I had a partner, we still died and downed a lot. I had majority of trailblazer stuff, and still got kicked in the kitten. Like holy kitten. Normally I like to do this alone. But what the actual kitterino. It's too much. Maybe I got another break time coming."

>

> I am terribly sorry, but I just feel that dear Anet devs need to at least take a glance at this. I already regret that I developed care and love for this game by now. And a few monthly investments... But it's worth trying at least.

> **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

You think PoF have a hard difficult?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they make the open world mobs harder - I find HoT mobs (which are harder than PoFs by far) to be easy to kill, as long as I am paying attention to them.

I honestly don't see the appeal of easy open world mobs. You have Core Tyria for that. Core Tyria is there to each you how to play. Once you know how to play, you should have absolutely no issues with HoT and PoF.

Yeah, if you don't pay attention - you'll die. Yeah, if you just try to breeze through and end up aggroing a bunch of mobs - you'll die. That is good. What is the point of even playing the game if it doesn't make you earn victory in a fight. What is the point of playing if you can just zoom through on cruise control without a care in the world? If the game doesn't engage you, isn't that a shitty game?

I want GW2 to engage me. PoF and HoT do just that. They could start to be harder. . .but at-least they do engage the player. They don't just leave you going through the motions. Why would any gamer want that? That just seems. . .boring. Which is the worst thing a video game can do.

If you do have trouble with them and want to improve. . .hit me up in game. Send me some mail. Tell me what your favourite profession is (the one you play as). I'll try and make you a build, I'll show you how to dodge enemies. No profession - given a semi-decent player with an attention span and a willingness to try to play well - will have trouble in the open world.

Why ask the game to sink down to below mediocrity - instead of rising up to meet the game at its level? That just seems. . .insane.

There is a genre if you have moods where you just want to zone out and click something mindless to watch numbers go up. . .clickers.

Well, clickers and Core Tyria's Pre-Orr open world, anyway.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > >

> > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> >

> > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

>

> It's not?

> OP:

>

> > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

>

> So... not sure about that.

Perhaps for the OP, but you've been going back and forth with a few of us discussing aggro ranges and respawn rates. Heck the OP's request wasn't even in this string of posts.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > >

> > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > >

> > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> >

> > It's not?

> > OP:

> >

> > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> >

> > So... not sure about that.

>

> Perhaps for the OP, but you've been going back and forth with a few of us discussing aggro ranges and respawn rates. Heck the OP's request wasn't even in this string of posts.

Yeah and suddenly it is not related to difficulty when someone can't be bothered to clear the mob (or a few) after demounting/before re-mounting? If it's not hard (I agree, it's not), then I don't know what your issue here is. The fact that you need to interact with the game in an mmorpg? You want the post-pof maps to be equalized with the pre-pof maps despite the player getting stronger and having a MUCH easier time grouping/cleaving the mobs or avoiding the fights altogether. But when I write about it, it somehow doesn't count, "because you have to kill a mob before re-mounting". Yes, you have to kill a mob. This is not anything out of ordinary. And the moment I got the answer that it's not even about some specific annoying/unfair/overtuned location, but just pof maps in general, I can't empathise at all, because for me that's just a ridiculous claim.

My pet peave is the people that complain about wanting harder open world combat...but then go out to the open world with an optimized open world build, full optimized gear, and full infusions.

If you want a challenge. Downgrade your gear when doing open world combat. If you want hard content with maximum gear., do a raid... If you take that part away from the non-hardcore players, this game is dead.

End of rant.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > >

> > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > >

> > > It's not?

> > > OP:

> > >

> > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > >

> > > So... not sure about that.

> >

> > Perhaps for the OP, but you've been going back and forth with a few of us discussing aggro ranges and respawn rates. Heck the OP's request wasn't even in this string of posts.

>

> Yeah and suddenly it is not related to difficulty when someone can't be bothered to clear the mob (or a few) after demounting/before re-mounting? If it's not hard (I agree, it's not), then I don't know what your issue here is.

So, yeah, I suppose some of us hijacked the original intent of the thread where we disagreed with the OP that the difficulty was our issue with PoF. Sorry for opining with what I find unappealing with PoF maps.

>The fact that you need to interact with the game in an mmorpg? You want the post-pof maps to be equalized with the pre-pof maps despite the player getting stronger and having a MUCH easier time grouping/cleaving the mobs or avoiding the fights altogether.

I never said any of this.

>But when I write about it, it somehow doesn't count, "because you have to kill a mob before re-mounting". Yes, you have to kill a mob. This is not anything out of ordinary. And the moment I got the answer that it's not even about some specific annoying/unfair/overtuned location, but just pof maps in general, I can't empathise at all, because for me that's just a ridiculous claim.

It's not about PoF maps in general. I made a very specific observation about PoF maps and why they do not appeal to me. Several others have as well.

People seriously treating open world mobs like Raid Bosses...ok

I am a solo player and I do not share the same issues on 'difficulty'. No mob is as unpredictable as an enemy player and when swarmed it is usually up on you for staying somewhere for too long. Learn to dissengage.

All opinions matter, but this topic is kinda stupid to begin with (discussing about mob difficulty in PvE that is)...

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > --snip --

> For me, it's not a condi-cleanse issue. I can defeat a mob but the game considers me to still be "in combat" so I can't mount, SB can't swap pets, other professions can't swap weapons, etc... Players end up having to travel a significant distance from the encounter before they are no longer locked in combat... but then are subjected to the vast aggro range of other mobs or if they remain in-place and wait for the "timer" to let them out of combat, the mob re-spawns.

>

If we understand how we interact with the game world, or how it interacts with us, then we can plan for those eventualities.

If you are in combat, then there must be a reason. Is there an enemy attacking you? Is there a condi on you? Is there a ground aoe you are in or close? Did you just take fall damage? There are many more questions one can ask about the game state they are in, and exploring those questions will help with understanding the game and having confidence in entering any situation that may arise.

Personally, I haven't had the same game experience that some have raised here. Occasionally I get stuck in a situation I can't just escape, but occasionally, not always. If the same sticky situation happens to me reliably, then I have learned to expect it, and adjust my gameplay when applicable.

I may be a sadist, but I would like, (and this is personal taste), GW1 style mobs. That took skill, pull just right, HAD to have a team, (b4 heros grumble grumble), and strategize. I love GW2 and like its little quirks, but mobs IMO are fine as they are, if anything add a few more. With mounts now its all to easy to get around, and with the skill tree our toons have, I dare say easy to overpower most mobs with a little patience. I am not going to say this is a L2P issue, but I will say that GW2 as it sits now with the enemies we face, it has a decent balance for a more casual game of its caliber.

> @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > > @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > > --snip --

> > For me, it's not a condi-cleanse issue. I can defeat a mob but the game considers me to still be "in combat" so I can't mount, SB can't swap pets, other professions can't swap weapons, etc... Players end up having to travel a significant distance from the encounter before they are no longer locked in combat... but then are subjected to the vast aggro range of other mobs or if they remain in-place and wait for the "timer" to let them out of combat, the mob re-spawns.

> >

>

> If we understand how we interact with the game world, or how it interacts with us, then we can plan for those eventualities.

>

> If you are in combat, then there must be a reason. Is there an enemy attacking you? Is there a condi on you? Is there a ground aoe you are in or close? Did you just take fall damage? There are many more questions one can ask about the game state they are in, and exploring those questions will help with understanding the game and having confidence in entering any situation that may arise.

>

> Personally, I haven't had the same game experience that some have raised here. Occasionally I get stuck in a situation I can't just escape, but occasionally, not always. If the same sticky situation happens to me reliably, then I have learned to expect it, and adjust my gameplay when applicable.

>

>

Nope. The in-combat session just lingers much longer than in other zones. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have experienced it. /shrug

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > Meta for what? You understand there's a difference between solo play and squad play, right? :D

> >

> > I'm not _that_ casual, thanks.

>

> Ok, but then what condi sb meta build were you talking about?

I'm basically using [this](https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condition_Skirmisher), with the torch variant and a warthog, and carrion instead of viper's.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Nope. The in-combat session just lingers much longer than in other zones. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have experienced it. /shrug

Yes, sometimes I have the same, only in the PoF maps. There're no enemies around, no lingering conditions, nothing unusual.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > >

> > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> >

> > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

>

> It's not?

> OP:

>

> > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

>

> So... not sure about that.

Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

> @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > Meta for what? You understand there's a difference between solo play and squad play, right? :D

> > >

> > > I'm not _that_ casual, thanks.

> >

> > Ok, but then what condi sb meta build were you talking about?

>

> I'm basically using [this](https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condition_Skirmisher), with the torch variant and a warthog, and carrion instead of viper's.

Carrion is a bad combination, especially for Soulbeasts that do more than enough power damage. Assuming full exotic, Carrion provides 1289 Condition Damage, 899 Power and Vitality, while Viper provides 1091 Power and Condition Damage, 592 Precision and Expertise, leading to higher overall damage. Dagger+Torch/Shortbow is fine.

> @"zistenz.1945" said:

> I'm basically using [this](https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condition_Skirmisher), with the torch variant and a warthog, and carrion instead of viper's.

Well condi builds have dmg ramp up and in general kill stuff slower. There are some exceptions (condi FB for example, builds that are heavy on burning). You have also a tankier setup compared to something like full viper so it will only take longer. So it is more likely you will get mobs to respawn compared to a burstier power build.

I don't have first-hand experience with condi SB though and also am not familiar with it's cleave, aoe ability.

That is the reason I prefer power builds over condi for open world. While you can get almost invincible with some condi builds in trailblazer or similar they are just to slow for me. I prefer glass power builds and by just adapting some utilities and/or traits you can often kill even the hardest stuff with just using more active defences, movement and knowing your terrain (los).

> @"Josiah.2967" said:

> My pet peave is the people that complain about wanting harder open world combat...

Not really, a lot of people just don't want it easier, because there's no reason to make it easier.

>but then go out to the open world with an optimized open world build, full optimized gear, and full infusions.

"optimized build"? I don't know, I'd say self-made, but we can call it optimized, because it's not just randomly clicking any trait based on nothing I guess.

Full optimized gear and full infusions? Nope. A lot of my characters have literally "glass" exotics for OW, which obviously throws the infusions right out of the equasion as well. There's not a huge difference between ascended and exotic gear in open world anyways.

> If you want a challenge. Downgrade your gear when doing open world combat. If you want hard content with maximum gear., do a raid... If you take that part away from the non-hardcore players, this game is dead.

It's not even about some "OW challenge", it's about the current state of pve being reasonable considering the tools players have at their disposal. Not for "fully infused ascended optimized gear", but straight up berk exotics. Trying to compare current OW to raids is just another huge unjustified stretch.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > > >

> > > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > > >

> > > > It's not?

> > > > OP:

> > > >

> > > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > > >

> > > > So... not sure about that.

> > >

> > > Perhaps for the OP, but you've been going back and forth with a few of us discussing aggro ranges and respawn rates. Heck the OP's request wasn't even in this string of posts.

> >The fact that you need to interact with the game in an mmorpg? You want the post-pof maps to be equalized with the pre-pof maps despite the player getting stronger and having a MUCH easier time grouping/cleaving the mobs or avoiding the fights altogether.

> I never said any of this.

This was more-or-less my understanding (which doesn't mean it was ultimately correct, I just feel it wasn't exactly unwarranted):

"**I don't like that a mob aggros on me**" (after I de-mounted zooming past the main threats to safety to loot *whatever*) because "**I need to kill it before re-mounting**" -> I don't like that I have to interact with mobs when I'm in open world while playing an mmorpg.

If that's not what you're saying, then what are you saying? Because pretty sure that's exactly what some of the people you happen to be answering for (from time to time, in this thread) mean. I'm not necessarily saying that "YES THAT'S WHAT YOU MEAN!!1", I'm asking: if that's not what you mean, then what is it?

I asked you if it's about some bugs keeping you in combat for no apparent reason, but you didn't answer if that's what it is (or maybe I've missed it):

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1383002/#Comment_1383002

But then that's not exactly about the range.

> >But when I write about it, it somehow doesn't count, "because you have to kill a mob before re-mounting". Yes, you have to kill a mob. This is not anything out of ordinary. And the moment I got the answer that it's not even about some specific annoying/unfair/overtuned location, but just pof maps in general, I can't empathise at all, because for me that's just a ridiculous claim.

> It's not about PoF maps in general. I made a very specific observation about PoF maps and why they do not appeal to me. Several others have as well.

I've asked in this thread [which spots are so problematic](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1382890/#Comment_1382890) and **the only answer I've got** was... ["all of them"](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1382892/#Comment_1382892). So, uh, sorry for somehow not understanding it's not about PoF maps in general, but I don't see how else I was supposed to understand that.

> @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > Meta for what? You understand there's a difference between solo play and squad play, right? :D

> > >

> > > I'm not _that_ casual, thanks.

> >

> > Ok, but then what condi sb meta build were you talking about?

>

I've played similar build mainly for single target dmg, you could try swapping to axe for better cleave too.

If you didn't already do that, the description even says it's a solo dmg build, which implies weaker multi-target dmg.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > >

> > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > >

> > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> >

> > It's not?

> > OP:

> >

> > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> >

> > So... not sure about that.

>

> Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

I was under the impression that aggro range impacts difficulty and it's related to players gaining mounts, their speed +abilities. Apparently, for some reason, some people try to claim that mounts don't matter or w/e. If it's not difficult (and I already said above that I agree- it's not. And that's partially the point), then clear the mob/s and move on.

There's a few issues that I noticed lately that might be a problem you run in to that I think are bugs

AoE fields no longer are accurate. Not even by a LONG shot. This somehow started (I guess) about half a year ago? You can even dodge out of one, and be WAY out of it and still get hit by the conditions. This is not by design this is a bug that Anet is ignoring. My most clear example that I have was a Mordant throwing something to me, it is mid air, AoE of where it will land appears... I shadowstep out of it... double the distance of the AoE diagonal... and STILL get the Condi's on me as if I was hit. (120 ping)

2. The other issue I see a lot, is that in some locations, for some reason, mobs started to insta-respawn. Chest guarded by Veteran Harpy... yeah no problem but I kill the harpy and get shot in the back by... the Veteran Harpy... kill it quickly and... veteran harpy shows up... Litterly within a second of one dying. I seen this happen more and more often in any maps. Even the core maps. (again this is a location I visited often in the past, to kill the vet harpy and it's 4 non-vet companions to loot the chest... this insta respawn never happened.

I don't find the mobs too difficult or too easy. I am just starting to become more and more annoyed by Anet ignoring these bugs.

(I do use the ingame bug report often when this happens. Not always cause I want some play time as well lol)

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> Carrion is a bad combination, especially for Soulbeasts that do more than enough power damage. Assuming full exotic, Carrion provides 1289 Condition Damage, 899 Power and Vitality, while Viper provides 1091 Power and Condition Damage, 592 Precision and Expertise, leading to higher overall damage. Dagger+Torch/Shortbow is fine.

I'm not sure about this. Sb base dagger dmg is very weak itself. I did some math, and every +10 power only get about +4 dmg (dagger 1), so +192 power gives only about +76 dmg. That's insignificant in PoF/HoT when we are talking about ~300 base dmg with carrion. Also, the dagger 1 chain is too long and has too few targets (only 2) for wait the 4th skill, Deadly Delivery and it's double damage. Yes, the precision increase could give me more stable crits, but that's also not too big: it's about +9-10% difference (~35%), and I would lose a huge chunk of health (~17k vs 20k). I'm using Vicious Quarry with Live Fast, and dagger 3 to proc Essence of Speed, so when I'm joined with my warthog, my Primal Cry (F3) combined with Moa Stance (or weapon switch to proc Furious Grip and Sigil of Battle for 5 stacks of might) and dagger 3 quickness gives me ~10-12 secs of fury, regen, and swiftness, with about 55-60% crit chance (if I'm timing the whole thing properly). I have Sharpening Stone and Quickening Zephyr too, so every utility (practically every survival skill because of Wilderness Knowledge) gives me fury. I know, condi dmg doesn't crit, but my other damage skills (like F1 Maul) do much better with this.

Inceasing condi dmg gives my torch 5 about 15k damage over ~4 secs and ~8k dmg bleeding on dagger 2, for example (using Undead runes and Smoldering sigil).

I'm using only viper accessories, and it seems better for that (+20% condi duration). Maybe later, when I feel more confident about my skills, I will convert all the Occam's to Yassith's, but I think I need the extra vitality now as I done most of my battles in melee.

But I think this sub-thread starts to divert from the original suggestion.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > >

> > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > >

> > > It's not?

> > > OP:

> > >

> > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > >

> > > So... not sure about that.

> >

> > Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

>

> I was under the impression that aggro range impacts difficulty and it's related to players gaining mounts, their speed +abilities. Apparently, for some reason, some people try to claim that mounts don't matter or w/e. If it's not difficult (and I already said above that I agree- it's not. And that's partially the point), then clear the mob/s and move on.

Not everyone finds moving past trash mobs on a mount challenging. I guess the devs really thought we'd be missing out on the intense difficulty of clearing trash. But I hope they back off of that and return to HoT aggro range in future.

Each expansion is the NEWest end-game content for PvE.

It is difficult on purpose to remain challenging. It's either that or resort to killing 10,000 rats ...

Bring a group if you need support. Otherwise, as solo, you have to be able to kill fast and dance around the clusters while killing.

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > > >

> > > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > > >

> > > > It's not?

> > > > OP:

> > > >

> > > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > > >

> > > > So... not sure about that.

> > >

> > > Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

> >

> > I was under the impression that aggro range impacts difficulty and it's related to players gaining mounts, their speed +abilities. Apparently, for some reason, some people try to claim that mounts don't matter or w/e. If it's not difficult (and I already said above that I agree- it's not. And that's partially the point), then clear the mob/s and move on.

>

> Not everyone finds moving past trash mobs on a mount challenging.

Yup, but I'm answering to what I see in this thread and this thread was about pof mob difficulty.

Also this is what you initially wrote:

> PoF mob density is no worse than HoT. However, the aggro range on many PoF/LS4 mobs is far longer. **The overall effect is that moving around without being harassed by every mob within a square mile of your position is significantly more difficult in these later maps.** Personally, I can't stand it. I find it really irritating and wish they'd reduce the aggro range to the way it was in HoT.

And for me it would be pretty weird to pretend having mounts is irrelevant here. So I don't.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not?

> > > > > OP:

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > > > >

> > > > > So... not sure about that.

> > > >

> > > > Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

> > >

> > > I was under the impression that aggro range impacts difficulty and it's related to players gaining mounts, their speed +abilities. Apparently, for some reason, some people try to claim that mounts don't matter or w/e. If it's not difficult (and I already said above that I agree- it's not. And that's partially the point), then clear the mob/s and move on.

> >

> > Not everyone finds moving past trash mobs on a mount challenging.

>

> Yup, but I'm answering to what I see in this thread and this thread was about pof mob difficulty.

>

> Also this is what you initially wrote:

> > PoF mob density is no worse than HoT. However, the aggro range on many PoF/LS4 mobs is far longer. **The overall effect is that moving around without being harassed by every mob within a square mile of your position is significantly more difficult in these later maps.** Personally, I can't stand it. I find it really irritating and wish they'd reduce the aggro range to the way it was in HoT.

>

> And for me it would be pretty weird to pretend having mounts is irrelevant here. So I don't.

Mounts are very relevant. But not for the reasons you seem to think. I don't want to talk another circle though. Agree to disagree.