common sense suggestions to improve pvp

Stand The Wall.6987

list your own too

- get rid of d/c dishonor, add /resign 3/5 majority vote

- fix other modes, add them to map select vote screen process

- only rewards for winning, gives incentive to try and halves bot gold farm

- allow option to join matches in progress to help curb 4v5s

- lock professions 1 minute before match begins

- create team wide emotes (help, i'm ok etc.)

- let team see their mates amulets

- allow unlimited people to spectate ATs

- shorten respawn timer to make games less snowbally

- add come back map event for losing team only on all maps (i guess replace the dumb map events)

- finally move pvp q pop to side of screen and make it so it doesn't mess up keyboard while playing or typing

Bots always end up winning , the only way to get rid of bots would be cut rewards on low ratings (wich is unfair) or make pvp rewards rewards bounded , so all rewards would be skins , equip etc but never gold or stuff u can sell and win gold .

Joining a unraked match wich is 4v5 its ok , but a ranked match its not a healthy option.

You already have map signals. When i need help i target my support , you have too a second target option wich is visibld for a moment and doenst break team target.

Reroll is a skilled thing too , a multi classer can win games by adaption and filling a needed team role . It is fair and skillful in ny opinion.

Respawn time is 15s u want it shorter?, meta has greatly changed and there is not a "snowball" meta anymore like in post feb . When ppl respawns abd suicides 1v3 it is a l2p issue.

> @"wevh.2903" said:

> Bots always end up winning , the only way to get rid of bots would be cut rewards on low ratings (wich is unfair) or make pvp rewards rewards bounded , so all rewards would be skins , equip etc but never gold or stuff u can sell and win gold .

>

>

> Joining a unraked match wich is 4v5 its ok , but a ranked match its not a healthy option.

>

> You already have map signals. When i need help i target my support , you have too a second target option wich is visibld for a moment and doenst break team target.

>

>

>

> Reroll is a skilled thing too , a multi classer can win games by adaption and filling a needed team role . It is fair and skillful in ny opinion.

>

>

> Respawn time is 15s u want it shorter?, meta has greatly changed and there is not a "snowball" meta anymore like in post feb . When ppl respawns abd suicides 1v3 it is a l2p issue.

>

>

theres easier way.. let me think about it.. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... .. Ban the bots? O.o

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> list your own too

>

> - get rid of d/c dishonor, add /resign 3/5 majority vote

Dishonor is standard in pvp in every game but in Gw2 it still triggers even when you come back from a DC this needs to change . Surrender vote 3/5 I'm also with you(standard feature) but for this to be happen they need to change the way how they calculate the matchup score => add to the list

> - fix other modes, add them to map select vote screen process

Well I would love to play all the maps which aren't in ranked also the champion mode in ranked

> - only rewards for winning, gives incentive to try and halves bot gold farm

This is not easy and like the others said good bots will win also from time to time you can only try to push them in another rank then where most players are until the get banned = better / more aggressive scoring system

> - allow option to join matches in progress to help curb 4v5s

I'm also there with you standard feature in other games besides GW2 but also here the scoring mechanic strikes again. Gw 2 decided on the point in the running match up how many points you get so when somebody new joins this hasn't to do anything with him/her.

> - lock professions 1 minute before match begins

To be true I can't even decide what I want here

1.) When you start the legendary backpack from PvP you are forced to play actively 3 different classes but over time all those builds got nerfed into the ground

2.) Hardly anyone does this at least under platin because Arena.NET killed their alternative builds

3.) But it is awesome when you can do it

4.) You can really read you win chances very accurate by looking what classes are with you so re rolling is the difference between losing by default or not often

> - create team wide emotes (help, i'm ok etc.)

Like they other said we can paint on the map also I saw people abuse this to stop their own team by scrippling over the map and blocking so the mini-map

> - let team see their mates amulets

This is only really useful when you can reroll but yes it also says you what you can expect from your team . I also sugget this a long time ago.

> - allow unlimited people to spectate ATs

No pros /no cons but I know in LOL and other games you can enter a spectator mode to watch such stuff.

> - shorten respawn timer to make games less snowbally

This is not the problem the problem is nodes ticking faster in Gw 2 in compare to other pvp games with the control nodes mode a bit slower would help with this problem also Revenge of the Capricorn map meta is too overbearing in this regard the points should be 25% less . It also worth mention you can't win on this map with having more then 1-2 PhewPhew /roamer builds when the enemy doesn't have this disadvantage becaue this map force you to ball up for the event

> - add come back map event for losing team only on all maps (i guess replace the dumb map events)

No clue what you want here those map events are already for this but another dumb map meta is those one of Temple of the Silent Storm its really hard to know where and when the meta start with out knowing it beforehand and it also too strong.

> - finally move pvp q pop to side of screen and make it so it doesn't mess up keyboard while playing or typing

About the scoring there was somewhere a thread about how this should work and works in other games.

> - allow option to join matches in progress to help curb 4v5s

Ive seen this been mentioned a few times but this can only be put into unranked tbh, this was basically hotjoin (when pvp was more alive) but you cant just yeet a completely different player into ranked or ATs and even then unranked is rarely played just due to the lack of rewards that ranked provides.

> - lock professions 1 minute before match begins

In order to do this you would need to increase the time before the match begins then, at least personally i have 1-2 min loading screens and that would instantly lock me into the class even if i wanted to swap.

> - let team see their mates amulets

Id say their whole build, not just the amulets so you can understand the builds role etc.

> - allow unlimited people to spectate ATs

This shouldnt be allowed as it would encourage spying enemy builds to counter comp and lead to a toxic competitive stage and overall just a rerolling competition.

> - shorten respawn timer to make games less snowbally

This aspect of pvp is why its risky to lose, it encourages skill to some extent if you had 5 second respawn timers its unfair to those who live due to lack of cooldowns and a constant bombardment of players coming from base.

> - add come back map event for losing team only on all maps (i guess replace the dumb map events)

"give the losing team an advantage" this doesnt really need explaining (but if so then here we go, the matches now, even though not entirely, they show the skill level of players and better players should win, giving the losing team an advantage is simply unfair.

The rest i agree with just these ones im a bit sketchy on.