And of course. They ruin warriors.

Varnix.5204

> @"nthmetal.9652" said:

> I am not saying that warrior is now super weak, by the way. You can still achieve many strips, ESPECIALLY if the fights last, if your support is at least okay, if you position correctly. Thanks to the way warrior strips work, thanks to reduced CD on break enchantments, thanks to warrior survivability skills, it is still valuable. The CC skills may be weak in terms of damage, but they are highly disruptive. Support is still okay, especially since you will be able to bring your support even under high pressure.

> That warrior is high damage is something I cannot confirm. I almost never see warriors in top damage spots, and when I do, they are for the most cases berserkers and are not top consistently as they are very glass cannon. I still see revs up there very consistently.

>

> The only thing I am saying is: The bubble, for an elite skill, is too weak. Maybe it should be replaced with something different altogether, something that is worth a 90s CD. Or keep it and lower the CD.

Only high dps build for warrior is a meme gunflame build that's only effective vs noobs and very bad players, once in a while a good player may be caught off guard by it but rarely. Warrior is low tier damage class right now.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"nthmetal.9652" said:

> > I am not saying that warrior is now super weak, by the way. You can still achieve many strips, ESPECIALLY if the fights last, if your support is at least okay, if you position correctly. Thanks to the way warrior strips work, thanks to reduced CD on break enchantments, thanks to warrior survivability skills, it is still valuable. The CC skills may be weak in terms of damage, but they are highly disruptive. Support is still okay, especially since you will be able to bring your support even under high pressure.

> > That warrior is high damage is something I cannot confirm. I almost never see warriors in top damage spots, and when I do, they are for the most cases berserkers and are not top consistently as they are very glass cannon. I still see revs up there very consistently.

> >

> > The only thing I am saying is: The bubble, for an elite skill, is too weak. Maybe it should be replaced with something different altogether, something that is worth a 90s CD. Or keep it and lower the CD.

>

> Only high dps build for warrior is a meme gunflame build that's only effective vs noobs and very bad players, once in a while a good player may be caught off guard by it but rarely. Warrior is low tier damage class right now.

Point blank Gunflames hit everyone :wink:

That being said, if someone is complaining about warrior damage at this point they need to stop QQing on the forum, go record their fights with warriors, and watch them with the benefit of hindsight. I guarantee that a lightbulb will go off and they will go "Oh... Why did I do that dumb move... I really do suck that bad..."

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> Lol. Warrior bubble was the most op skill in the whole game mode. Making them back to their static version is a good thing.

>

> Also they forgot to nerf warrior damage, which makes warrior one of the strongest melee damage dealers in WvW blob fights right now

LOL. Warrior damage has literally been the lowest of all melee classes for a long time now.

> @"Loffels.5934" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > Lol. Warrior bubble was the most op skill in the whole game mode. Making them back to their static version is a good thing.

> >

> > Also they forgot to nerf warrior damage, which makes warrior one of the strongest melee damage dealers in WvW blob fights right now

>

> LOL. Warrior damage has literally been the lowest of all melee classes for a long time now.

See...This is what I don't get, nimon is a necro main no? The reaper is a far stronger melee class than warrior yet warrior is the predictable melee weapons master of the game yet a player on a necro using reaper spec will call out warriors as being top melee all while playing a class with far better melee prowess.

Warrior is pretty much the weakest melee class right now and there are still players stating the opposite.

Reaper-better melee

Holo-up better melee

Soulbeast/core better melee(not op just better)

Dh isveven more effective these days in melee range with traps etc.

Thief- I have a easier time on d/p DD and s/d core & dd in melee than on warrior and that's messed up.

The numbers themselves are good if:

- you build for it

- you gear for it

- your party is on point

- your squad actually goes melee

- you manage to pull a rotation off

- you're not dead

It's just an out of wack risk vs reward ratio to for the kind of damage a rev puts out with 2 skills from a 1200 range.

I welcomed the changes, but from a roaming perspective warrior has only 2 viable builds and they are meta (whether thas good of bad). zerging is different from roaming as everyone knows and despite the changes, no i cant see a warrior being able to easily counter 1)perma stealth SD thief, 2)Condi Rev, 3)Stun Reaper, 4)Boonbeast, 5)Burn Guard (if ambushed), 6)Meele Holo etc. Core is squishy to play due to the lack of a 'mechanic' if i may say, Berserker only needs to get blinded consistently and run total jokes of builds (100% dmg) which Spellbreaker survives (same build as core) due to the innate defensive mechanic of the spec.

i have played through all the classes in the past 3 months while roaming. warrior ive been playing for 2 years and only at high effort to i finish fights. reapers needs some good positioning, guard can have a lot of defense, and almost any other class has more range. and gunflame or condi longbow are not the answer to that.

perhaps it is that i despise condi builds, but power warrior with 1 cleanse, stab, stun and some mobility (the whole package needed for roaming) cannot simply survive against the other enemies.

In wvw bubble is just a joke right now, the first bubble implementation was stationary and had instant pulses (more duration, more target cap, etc et) and was obviously OP, than we got trough different adjustments one of those was litteraly the same of today but with 10 target cap (and at the time zerg started to drop warrios), then the last one (before the patch) was kinda ok imho, beside the huge casting time and the time needed for the first pulse you still could follow the enemy, but with the risk of being interrupted. Now you drop your bubble, the dome appears and stand still, and the enemy has an entire second for just dodging out and chill, it's just crap (and don't forget about the telegraphed casting animation). Also comparing it to wells in a blob fights it may be hard to recognize wells with all those red rings on the ground, bubbles are just to easy to see and avoid. I'm a main warrior with thousands of hours, and after i red the patch notes i just suggested my guild to drop the class. It's sad, but other classes do the same things way better, except cc.

> @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> I welcomed the changes, but from a roaming perspective warrior has only 2 viable builds and they are meta (whether thas good of bad). zerging is different from roaming as everyone knows and despite the changes, no i cant see a warrior being able to easily counter 1)perma stealth SD thief, 2)Condi Rev, 3)Stun Reaper, 4)Boonbeast, 5)Burn Guard (if ambushed), 6)Meele Holo etc. Core is squishy to play due to the lack of a 'mechanic' if i may say, Berserker only needs to get blinded consistently and run total jokes of builds (100% dmg) which Spellbreaker survives (same build as core) due to the innate defensive mechanic of the spec.

>

> i have played through all the classes in the past 3 months while roaming. warrior ive been playing for 2 years and only at high effort to i finish fights. reapers needs some good positioning, guard can have a lot of defense, and almost any other class has more range. and gunflame or condi longbow are not the answer to that.

>

> perhaps it is that i despise condi builds, but power warrior with 1 cleanse, stab, stun and some mobility (the whole package needed for roaming) cannot simply survive against the other enemies.

What is stun reaper?

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > I welcomed the changes, but from a roaming perspective warrior has only 2 viable builds and they are meta (whether thas good of bad). zerging is different from roaming as everyone knows and despite the changes, no i cant see a warrior being able to easily counter 1)perma stealth SD thief, 2)Condi Rev, 3)Stun Reaper, 4)Boonbeast, 5)Burn Guard (if ambushed), 6)Meele Holo etc. Core is squishy to play due to the lack of a 'mechanic' if i may say, Berserker only needs to get blinded consistently and run total jokes of builds (100% dmg) which Spellbreaker survives (same build as core) due to the innate defensive mechanic of the spec.

> >

> > i have played through all the classes in the past 3 months while roaming. warrior ive been playing for 2 years and only at high effort to i finish fights. reapers needs some good positioning, guard can have a lot of defense, and almost any other class has more range. and gunflame or condi longbow are not the answer to that.

> >

> > perhaps it is that i despise condi builds, but power warrior with 1 cleanse, stab, stun and some mobility (the whole package needed for roaming) cannot simply survive against the other enemies.

>

> What is stun reaper?

>

>

RS 5 and "CTTB!", things only bad players get hit by. Unless he meant Fear Chaining, that is an issue, but then that is Necro's thing, just like CC chaining is the Warrior's thing.

I really miss any direction they are heading. A year ago they seemed to have a plan: slowing down combat to feature ore strategic and skillful play, and more build diversity. Now the support role of the warrior is gone, the strategic component of the scourge (deciding to use shades or have effects around yourself) was removed months ago, other changes also were reverted, but in total not towards a previous kind of balance. The changes during 2020 look erratic. Maybe if they would care to explain their reasoning behind this patch ... unfortunately, I fear there is no reasoning.

I don't know much about tempest, but from what I read it's similar with builds there.

We are heading back towards firebrand/scrapper/scourge with a revenant every now and then in wvw.