Please Anet, remove suppression for editing LFG.

This has made it extremely hard and irritating to manage and find proper groups in LFG. Not sure if it's new, but I have been getting suppressed from editing my LFG way too often. I focus on fractals, so im constantly having to edit out which classes join and also when someone leaves the group. Now I constantly have to be asking the new players to edit out their class from LFG because why? I can't think of a good reason why they would add this feature to LFG.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> Yeah, this is so annoying when you are looking for players in Strike Missions (or Raids). You get a certain role, you want to change the LFG entry - but after three or so changes, you can't, unless you switch maps/instances. Logic?

you can easy avoid that issue - put comm tag on you mate and let edit lfg

> @"Critical Delay.9184" said:

> This has made it extremely hard and irritating to manage and find proper groups in LFG. Not sure if it's new, but I have been getting suppressed from editing my LFG way too often. I focus on fractals, so im constantly having to edit out which classes join

ask someone esle edit lfg

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Yeah, this is so annoying when you are looking for players in Strike Missions (or Raids). You get a certain role, you want to change the LFG entry - but after three or so changes, you can't, unless you switch maps/instances. Logic?

> you can easy avoid that issue - put comm tag on you mate and let edit lfg

>

> > @"Critical Delay.9184" said:

> > This has made it extremely hard and irritating to manage and find proper groups in LFG. Not sure if it's new, but I have been getting suppressed from editing my LFG way too often. I focus on fractals, so im constantly having to edit out which classes join

> ask someone esle edit lfg

>

>

What if no mate have com tag?

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Yeah, this is so annoying when you are looking for players in Strike Missions (or Raids). You get a certain role, you want to change the LFG entry - but after three or so changes, you can't, unless you switch maps/instances. Logic?

>

> > @"Critical Delay.9184" said:

> > This has made it extremely hard and irritating to manage and find proper groups in LFG. Not sure if it's new, but I have been getting suppressed from editing my LFG way too often. I focus on fractals, so im constantly having to edit out which classes join

> ask someone esle edit lfg

>

>

If you read the next sentence, thats exactly what I said. As the group organizer, you should not have to constantly be bothering your group to edit your LFG. This is just a bad feature that has no place in LFG.

> > @"lare.5129" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > Yeah, this is so annoying when you are looking for players in Strike Missions (or Raids). You get a certain role, you want to change the LFG entry - but after three or so changes, you can't, unless you switch maps/instances. Logic?

> > you can easy avoid that issue - put comm tag on you mate and let edit lfg

> >

> > > @"Critical Delay.9184" said:

> > > This has made it extremely hard and irritating to manage and find proper groups in LFG. Not sure if it's new, but I have been getting suppressed from editing my LFG way too often. I focus on fractals, so im constantly having to edit out which classes join

> > ask someone esle edit lfg

> >

> >

>

> If you read the next sentence, thats exactly what I said. As the group organizer, you should not have to constantly be bothering your group to edit your LFG. This is just a bad feature that has no place in LFG.

Edit

Dident read whole sentence please delete

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > What do me having plenty of friends who got no commander tag, have anything to do with the mmo game concept?

> find one more guild, and on squad creation already have some members for who you can delegate that. I do it always.

>

Even with that it's just a "fix" on a broken feature that shouldn't be there at the first point, the commander should be able to recruit everyone by himself, and what happend when he is playing wiht pug ? this should be fixed

> @"WindBlade.8749" said:

> > @"lare.5129" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > What do me having plenty of friends who got no commander tag, have anything to do with the mmo game concept?

> > find one more guild, and on squad creation already have some members for who you can delegate that. I do it always.

> >

>

> Even with that it's just a "fix" on a broken feature that shouldn't be there at the first point, the commander should be able to recruit everyone by himself, and what happend when he is playing wiht pug ? this should be fixed

Agreed, for 300g it should work properly without workarounds and having to rely on others...

> @"lare.5129" said:

I _was_ talking about being Comm. The issue occurs _when_ you are being the Commander.

Edit: Oh, reading the following responses, you meant "Put the Comm tag one (one of) you**r** mate(s)." Sorry for the misunderstanding. And as already said by others, that's no valid solution. It's ridiculous to have to go through such lengths just to edit the LFG entry.

They do this this way because you can potentially DDoS the game.

Everytime you change something like LFG message, it sends it to database for a change.

So if you was really mad,

made like 50 accounts, program to change lfg message.

It's gonna flood the server and bring it down.

Have to think of this from a architectural point of view.

Seems silly, but it makes the game more secure and less vulnerable to attacks.

What they could do, is add something like captcha, where you have to solve to show you are not a robot.

> This has made it extremely hard and irritating to manage and find proper groups in LFG. Not sure if it's new, but I have been getting suppressed from editing my LFG way too often. I focus on fractals, so im constantly having to edit out which classes join and also when someone leaves the group. Now I constantly have to be asking the new players to edit out their class from LFG because why? I can't think of a good reason why they would add this feature to LFG.

OMG had the same issues organizing strikes. Won't provide queues that auto-construct appropriate comps, won't let you modify comp requests at will. FML.

> @"uberkingkong.8041" said:

> They do this this way because you can potentially DDoS the game.

>

> Everytime you change something like LFG message, it sends it to database for a change.

> So if you was really mad,

> made like 50 accounts, program to change lfg message.

> It's gonna flood the server and bring it down.

>

> Have to think of this from a architectural point of view.

> Seems silly, but it makes the game more secure and less vulnerable to attacks.

>

> What they could do, is add something like captcha, where you have to solve to show you are not a robot.

Then perhaps they should consider giving us proper queues and own the fact there's roles in this game instead of denying it but constantly releasing new content that require them.

> @"Firebeard.1746" said:

> > @"uberkingkong.8041" said:

> > They do this this way because you can potentially DDoS the game.

> >

> > Everytime you change something like LFG message, it sends it to database for a change.

> > So if you was really mad,

> > made like 50 accounts, program to change lfg message.

> > It's gonna flood the server and bring it down.

> >

> > Have to think of this from a architectural point of view.

> > Seems silly, but it makes the game more secure and less vulnerable to attacks.

> >

> > What they could do, is add something like captcha, where you have to solve to show you are not a robot.

>

> Then perhaps they should consider giving us proper queues and own the fact there's roles in this game instead of denying it but constantly releasing new content that require them.

Why you quote that and talk about roles?

Funny, in a different thread, people wondering why nobody does DRM

Then they quote me saying what's roles have to do with it.

This thread explains it crystal clear.

Yes this game defiantly has roles. Healerbrand chrono, druid whatever it is, flavor of the month.

Dungeons, Fractals, and yes DRM is in that category, you need those roles.

Aint a traditional trifecta, rather than its a different trifecta.

1. Healer

2. Boons

3. DPS

Trifecta

Some cases Tank

Thankfully its not like some other MMORPGs, where monsters you know roam.

In that kind of case, you'd need someone to CC

Actually there is breakbars, but I don't think its that bad yet.

Maybe if it gets bad

Worst case scenario

1. Healer

2. Boons

3. DPS

4. Tank

5. CC

Unless I think its Firebrand that is flavor, they do heals and boons? Everybody HAS to have 1 of them in the group.

As of this post, I am currently unable to advertise a fractal party because of message suppression. I am in 99 CM @ Arkk. Whenever I try to advertise, the message field is blank. Nobody is joining because they don't know W.T.F. I'm doing.

I've had this problem many times and it's annoying AF. I have Comm Tag, but it's useless in Fractals and nobody does what I say when I tell them I cannot edit the party message. Lately they just leave if I say I cannot edit message and need them to change it.

EDIT: I have been suppressed for over 30 minutes and still cannot advertise a message. I have even changed the wording of the message and am still being suppressed.

**The message suppression system is bullshit**.

E2: I was able to finally post a message, but it was a GD struggle.