[Feature Request] Allow us to salvage Mystic Tributes for the raw materials

Vaga.5174

I support OP in this request simply based on the precedent that we can salvage Gifts of Fortune. However, there may be some technical limitations for why this hasn't been implemented yet.

Gift of Fortune salvages into 10 total inventory slots; this skips the intermediate steps of reverting to Gifts of Might/Magic and goes straight to the raw materials.

Salvaging a Mystic Tribute in the same manner would require 42 total inventory slots:

1 slot of 77 Mystic Clovers

1 slot of 250 Mystic Coins

8 slots of Tier 6 materials

16 slots of Tier 5 materials

8 slots of Tier 4 materials

8 slots of Tier 3 materials

This could be reduced if we allow Mystic Tribute to salvage to its intermediate stages for Gifts of Condensed Might/Condensed Magic and/or Gifts of Blood/Venom/Totems/Dust/Claws/Scales/Bones/Fangs. However, this is now adding the salvage functionality to up to 11 items (10 Gifts + Mystic Tribute). As with any new feature, this does take a non-zero amount of developer time to implement and test.

Good points well made Malice.

I guess the intermediate stages would be the best route for this - although worth noting that if you did get the raw materials from 1 salvage, and your inventory isnt able to fit all 42 items and gives you the pop up window for those items, you can just press the 'deposit all' button if you have sufficient space in your bank as they are all materials.

Why would you want to salvage a Mystic Tribute? The only way to get one is to make it in the Mystic Forge and the recipe to do so isn't random, it will always and only make the Mystic Tribute, so there's no way you could end up with one you don't want.

I don't know for sure but I assume the Gift of Fortune can be salvaged because it's a possible prize from the PvP Tournament of Legends, meaning players who have no intention of making a legendary could end up with one, and a useless item is a pretty disappointing prize. Making it salvagable means if someone wins one and can't use it they can at least get the materials to use or sell. But since Mystic Tributes can't be obtained any other way except making them yourself that's not an issue.

Why would it be a problem to have the option to salvage one?

In my circumstance i was a long way along the process to making a legendary on an alt account a couple of years ago - which i no longer want to create it on that account and want to retrieve the materials, which i can not do. I see absolutely 0 harm in at least having the option?

> @"Vaga.5174" said:

> Why would it be a problem to have the option to salvage one?

>

> In my circumstance i was a long way along the process to making a legendary on an alt account a couple of years ago - which i no longer want to create it on that account and want to retrieve the materials, which i can not do. I see absolutely 0 harm in at least having the option?

You could argue that, since it requires so much materials to make, they made sure that it was intentional to make, and since it's account bound, they tried to discourage multi accounting.

I mean, your problem seems very specific to you - it's your time that you spent in your alt account, why is Anet's responsibility to reimburse you or anyone else who wants to get back the materials and switch them up on accounts... You knew what you were doing, the fact that you changed accounts since then is kind of irrelevant.

Don't get me wrong, i don't have a horse in this race, and don't care if it should be salvageable or not.

It's just a thought to why they maybe didn't make it salvageable.

@"Danikat.8537" makes a good argument. The only salvageable legendary "gift" type items is from a reward and it's only salvageable because someone might not have a use for it.

You on the other hand needed to make Mystic Tribute intentionally, you didn't just get it as a reward, so the time and materials you spent are kind of your responsibility, don't you think?

Again - i don't really care if they should make it salvageable or not.

But the problems of it not being salvageable seem very specific.

Again - i said only a few players would be affected by this. I agree its very niche, and yes, my scenario isnt common - but IF this situation does happen, you now have a very expensive item collecting dust.

The point is, if it can be made salvageable it would be nice for these niche situations. I don't claim that Anet has done anything wrong, nor do i believe this is anyone elses fault but mine. But! Its just a request.

> @"Vaga.5174" said:

> Again - i said only a few players would be affected by this. I agree its very niche, and yes, my scenario isnt common - but IF this situation does happen, you now have a very expensive item collecting dust.

>

> The point is, if it can be made salvageable it would be nice for these niche situations. I don't claim that Anet has done anything wrong, nor do i believe this is anyone elses fault but mine. But! Its just a request.

Yeah, i know. Nothing wrong with a request. :smile:

Anyway, good luck i guess, we'll see what Anet decides to do.

Personally, i'd like Gift of Battle to be salvageable. Playing WvW, you get more of those than you need, and would be nice if we can salvage it for mystic coins or something.

And that's not even nieche, everyone who plays WvW is sitting on tons of GoB lol.

I think there would be a higher demand for being able to salvage the "Shards of"-Items into Curios, Ingots and Planks again. this way you could switch the path of you legendary crafting midway, e.g. if you switched you main profession and just want to pursue another legendary.

PS: You only have a lot of GoBs in WvW if you keep running that track. Salvaging a GoB into 2 Clovers I would find more exciting than into Mystic Coins.

> @"Vaga.5174" said:

> Again - i said only a few players would be affected by this. I agree its very niche, and yes, my scenario isnt common - but IF this situation does happen, you now have a very expensive item collecting dust.

>

> The point is, if it can be made salvageable it would be nice for these niche situations. I don't claim that Anet has done anything wrong, nor do i believe this is anyone elses fault but mine. But! Its just a request.

Why dont you just finish the legendary on alt account and mail it to main account?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Vaga.5174" said:

> > Again - i said only a few players would be affected by this. I agree its very niche, and yes, my scenario isnt common - but IF this situation does happen, you now have a very expensive item collecting dust.

> >

> > The point is, if it can be made salvageable it would be nice for these niche situations. I don't claim that Anet has done anything wrong, nor do i believe this is anyone elses fault but mine. But! Its just a request.

>

> Why dont you just finish the legendary on alt account and mail it to main account?

Account bound...

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Vaga.5174" said:

> > > Again - i said only a few players would be affected by this. I agree its very niche, and yes, my scenario isnt common - but IF this situation does happen, you now have a very expensive item collecting dust.

> > >

> > > The point is, if it can be made salvageable it would be nice for these niche situations. I don't claim that Anet has done anything wrong, nor do i believe this is anyone elses fault but mine. But! Its just a request.

> >

> > Why dont you just finish the legendary on alt account and mail it to main account?

>

> Account bound...

No the finished legendary aint account bound, the gift is sure but thats not what my post said.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Vaga.5174" said:

> > > > Again - i said only a few players would be affected by this. I agree its very niche, and yes, my scenario isnt common - but IF this situation does happen, you now have a very expensive item collecting dust.

> > > >

> > > > The point is, if it can be made salvageable it would be nice for these niche situations. I don't claim that Anet has done anything wrong, nor do i believe this is anyone elses fault but mine. But! Its just a request.

> > >

> > > Why dont you just finish the legendary on alt account and mail it to main account?

> >

> > Account bound...

>

> No the finished legendary aint account bound, the gift is sure but thats not what my post said.

Mystic Tribute is used for the second generation legendary weapons. The second generation legendary weapons are account bound on acquire

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Vaga.5174" said:

> > > > > Again - i said only a few players would be affected by this. I agree its very niche, and yes, my scenario isnt common - but IF this situation does happen, you now have a very expensive item collecting dust.

> > > > >

> > > > > The point is, if it can be made salvageable it would be nice for these niche situations. I don't claim that Anet has done anything wrong, nor do i believe this is anyone elses fault but mine. But! Its just a request.

> > > >

> > > > Why dont you just finish the legendary on alt account and mail it to main account?

> > >

> > > Account bound...

> >

> > No the finished legendary aint account bound, the gift is sure but thats not what my post said.

>

> Mystic Tribute is used for the second generation legendary weapons. The second generation legendary weapons are account bound on acquire

oh I see my bad.