Cut Centaur Plotline?

TeeracK.3601

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> The thing is, Krytan Centaurs suddenly joining Humans and other races after years of xenophobia and no lead in would be even more jarring. People are already criticising the recent releases for rushing through dialogue and plot points too quickly as some kind of tick box exercise. If Centaurs suddnely became an allied faction, then that would really give fuel to that.

>

> When I saw them in the trailer, I had expected them to be more of a flavour in a map out that way. Something to give a map a bit of extra layering instead of fully focussed on just the icebrood. But, that never came to pass.

Well that's not exactly correct. A lot of centaur are warmongers but others are more peaceful. The different centaur tribes have very different philosophy and some of the tribes do value peace. We met a friend tribe back in drytop. I wouldn't think centaur changing their attitudes would be any different from the flame legion suddenly being the most noble char legion in IBS.

> @"TeeracK.3601" said:

> Well that's not exactly correct. A lot of centaur are warmongers but others are more peaceful. The different centaur tribes have very different philosophy and some of the tribes do value peace. We met a friend tribe back in drytop. I wouldn't think centaur changing their attitudes would be any different from the flame legion suddenly being the most noble char legion in IBS.

The Centaurs in the trailer were warmongering and slavering centaurs.

We have seen the human slaves in the trailer.

If the trailer had referred to peaceful Centaurs, there wouldn't have been slaves.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"TeeracK.3601" said:

> > Well that's not exactly correct. A lot of centaur are warmongers but others are more peaceful. The different centaur tribes have very different philosophy and some of the tribes do value peace. We met a friend tribe back in drytop. I wouldn't think centaur changing their attitudes would be any different from the flame legion suddenly being the most noble char legion in IBS.

>

> The Centaurs in the trailer were warmongering and slavering centaurs.

> We have seen the human slaves in the trailer.

> If the trailer had referred to peaceful Centaurs, there wouldn't have been slaves.

>

>

>

If we got centaurs it would have been both most likely since they were already set up to be an allied faction they probably would have had them as an enemy but with some of them as our allies. We fought evil charr and had charr allies, evil dwarf and had dwarf allies, evil norn and had norn allies, etc.

> @"TeeracK.3601" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > The thing is, Krytan Centaurs suddenly joining Humans and other races after years of xenophobia and no lead in would be even more jarring. People are already criticising the recent releases for rushing through dialogue and plot points too quickly as some kind of tick box exercise. If Centaurs suddnely became an allied faction, then that would really give fuel to that.

> >

> > When I saw them in the trailer, I had expected them to be more of a flavour in a map out that way. Something to give a map a bit of extra layering instead of fully focussed on just the icebrood. But, that never came to pass.

>

> Well that's not exactly correct. A lot of centaur are warmongers but others are more peaceful. The different centaur tribes have very different philosophy and some of the tribes do value peace. We met a friend tribe back in drytop. I wouldn't think centaur changing their attitudes would be any different from the flame legion suddenly being the most noble char legion in IBS.

That’s why I specifically mentioned Krytan Centaurs who have yet to show any tolerance or tendencies to peace unlike their Maguuma Wastes cousins

It is unclear how many tribes even exist elsewhere given their species was seriously under threat from all sources and devastated by war and we know the Silverwsstes tribe was wiped out. Any others in the area are unlikely to be numerous enough or inclined enough to ally with us

An alliance could work, but not without set up and there are no known peaceful tribes yet introduced

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > The thing is, Krytan Centaurs suddenly joining Humans and other races after years of xenophobia and no lead in would be even more jarring. People are already criticising the recent releases for rushing through dialogue and plot points too quickly as some kind of tick box exercise. If Centaurs suddnely became an allied faction, then that would really give fuel to that.

> > >

> > > When I saw them in the trailer, I had expected them to be more of a flavour in a map out that way. Something to give a map a bit of extra layering instead of fully focussed on just the icebrood. But, that never came to pass.

> >

> > Well that's not exactly correct. A lot of centaur are warmongers but others are more peaceful. The different centaur tribes have very different philosophy and some of the tribes do value peace. We met a friend tribe back in drytop. I wouldn't think centaur changing their attitudes would be any different from the flame legion suddenly being the most noble char legion in IBS.

>

> That’s why I specifically mentioned Krytan Centaurs who have yet to show any tolerance or tendencies to peace unlike their Maguuma cousins

>

> As for the Dry Top ones, they are wiped out and it’s unclear what tribes even exist elsewhere given their species was seriously under threat from all sources and devastated by war

>

> An alliance could work, but not without set up and there are no known peaceful tribes yet introduced

Again let me just point out they did a complete 180 on the flame legion making them the more peaceful and noble legions when they were the most evil one up to IBS. They had no set up for it we went to Grotmar after no flame legion lore since 2013 and they were just like "yep a ton of flame legion charr are actually great guys."

> @"TeeracK.3601" said:

> > > @"TeeracK.3601" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > The thing is, Krytan Centaurs suddenly joining Humans and other races after years of xenophobia and no lead in would be even more jarring. People are already criticising the recent releases for rushing through dialogue and plot points too quickly as some kind of tick box exercise. If Centaurs suddnely became an allied faction, then that would really give fuel to that.

> > > >

> > > > When I saw them in the trailer, I had expected them to be more of a flavour in a map out that way. Something to give a map a bit of extra layering instead of fully focussed on just the icebrood. But, that never came to pass.

> > >

> > > Well that's not exactly correct. A lot of centaur are warmongers but others are more peaceful. The different centaur tribes have very different philosophy and some of the tribes do value peace. We met a friend tribe back in drytop. I wouldn't think centaur changing their attitudes would be any different from the flame legion suddenly being the most noble char legion in IBS.

> >

> > That’s why I specifically mentioned Krytan Centaurs who have yet to show any tolerance or tendencies to peace unlike their Maguuma cousins

> >

> > As for the Dry Top ones, they are wiped out and it’s unclear what tribes even exist elsewhere given their species was seriously under threat from all sources and devastated by war

> >

> > An alliance could work, but not without set up and there are no known peaceful tribes yet introduced

>

> Again let me just point out the did a complete 180 on the flame legion making them the more peaceful and noble legions when they were the most evil one up to IBS. They had no set up for it we went to Grotmar after no flame legion lore since 2013 and they were just like "yep a ton of flame legion charr are actually great guys."

To my understanding, it’s a splinter faction of the flame legion that had joined the United Legions. I imagine there are still some unaccounted for flame legion with the old ideals.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > The thing is, Krytan Centaurs suddenly joining Humans and other races after years of xenophobia and no lead in would be even more jarring. People are already criticising the recent releases for rushing through dialogue and plot points too quickly as some kind of tick box exercise. If Centaurs suddnely became an allied faction, then that would really give fuel to that.

> > >

> > > When I saw them in the trailer, I had expected them to be more of a flavour in a map out that way. Something to give a map a bit of extra layering instead of fully focussed on just the icebrood. But, that never came to pass.

> >

>

> That’s why I specifically mentioned Krytan Centaurs who have yet to show any tolerance or tendencies to peace unlike their Maguuma cousins

>

> As for the Dry Top ones, they are wiped out and it’s unclear what tribes even exist elsewhere given their species was seriously under threat from all sources and devastated by war

>

> An alliance could work, but not without set up and there are no known peaceful tribes yet introduced

When did the Dry Top centaurs get wiped out? Are you thinking of the ones that used to live in the Silverwastes?

> @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> > > > The thing is, Krytan Centaurs suddenly joining Humans and other races after years of xenophobia and no lead in would be even more jarring. People are already criticising the recent releases for rushing through dialogue and plot points too quickly as some kind of tick box exercise. If Centaurs suddnely became an allied faction, then that would really give fuel to that.

> > > >

> > > > When I saw them in the trailer, I had expected them to be more of a flavour in a map out that way. Something to give a map a bit of extra layering instead of fully focussed on just the icebrood. But, that never came to pass.

> > >

> > > Well that's not exactly correct. A lot of centaur are warmongers but others are more peaceful. The different centaur tribes have very different philosophy and some of the tribes do value peace. We met a friend tribe back in drytop. I wouldn't think centaur changing their attitudes would be any different from the flame legion suddenly being the most noble char legion in IBS.

> >

> > That’s why I specifically mentioned Krytan Centaurs who have yet to show any tolerance or tendencies to peace unlike their Maguuma cousins

> >

> > As for the Dry Top ones, they are wiped out and it’s unclear what tribes even exist elsewhere given their species was seriously under threat from all sources and devastated by war

> >

> > An alliance could work, but not without set up and there are no known peaceful tribes yet introduced

>

> When did the Dry Top centaurs get wiped out? Are you thinking of the ones that used to live in the Silverwastes?

Yes I am, apologies

I’ll edit my error

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"TeeracK.3601" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > The thing is, Krytan Centaurs suddenly joining Humans and other races after years of xenophobia and no lead in would be even more jarring. People are already criticising the recent releases for rushing through dialogue and plot points too quickly as some kind of tick box exercise. If Centaurs suddnely became an allied faction, then that would really give fuel to that.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I saw them in the trailer, I had expected them to be more of a flavour in a map out that way. Something to give a map a bit of extra layering instead of fully focussed on just the icebrood. But, that never came to pass.

> > > >

> > > > Well that's not exactly correct. A lot of centaur are warmongers but others are more peaceful. The different centaur tribes have very different philosophy and some of the tribes do value peace. We met a friend tribe back in drytop. I wouldn't think centaur changing their attitudes would be any different from the flame legion suddenly being the most noble char legion in IBS.

> > >

> > > That’s why I specifically mentioned Krytan Centaurs who have yet to show any tolerance or tendencies to peace unlike their Maguuma cousins

> > >

> > > As for the Dry Top ones, they are wiped out and it’s unclear what tribes even exist elsewhere given their species was seriously under threat from all sources and devastated by war

> > >

> > > An alliance could work, but not without set up and there are no known peaceful tribes yet introduced

> >

> > Again let me just point out the did a complete 180 on the flame legion making them the more peaceful and noble legions when they were the most evil one up to IBS. They had no set up for it we went to Grotmar after no flame legion lore since 2013 and they were just like "yep a ton of flame legion charr are actually great guys."

>

> To my understanding, it’s a splinter faction of the flame legion that had joined the United Legions. I imagine there are still some unaccounted for flame legion with the old ideals.

Yeah it is a splinter faction, the same way the dominion was a splinter of all the bad charr in all the other legions as well, same with sons of svonir, same with the modern crescent, the inquest, etc, but thats sort of my point. ALL of a group of people are never evil. They could easily explain centaurs being allies if some of the centaur just dont want to fight anymore. if the people of ebonhawk can make peace with the charr i dont see why its so out of the question for the people of kryta.

> @"TeeracK.3601" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"TeeracK.3601" said:

> > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > The thing is, Krytan Centaurs suddenly joining Humans and other races after years of xenophobia and no lead in would be even more jarring. People are already criticising the recent releases for rushing through dialogue and plot points too quickly as some kind of tick box exercise. If Centaurs suddnely became an allied faction, then that would really give fuel to that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When I saw them in the trailer, I had expected them to be more of a flavour in a map out that way. Something to give a map a bit of extra layering instead of fully focussed on just the icebrood. But, that never came to pass.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well that's not exactly correct. A lot of centaur are warmongers but others are more peaceful. The different centaur tribes have very different philosophy and some of the tribes do value peace. We met a friend tribe back in drytop. I wouldn't think centaur changing their attitudes would be any different from the flame legion suddenly being the most noble char legion in IBS.

> > > >

> > > > That’s why I specifically mentioned Krytan Centaurs who have yet to show any tolerance or tendencies to peace unlike their Maguuma cousins

> > > >

> > > > As for the Dry Top ones, they are wiped out and it’s unclear what tribes even exist elsewhere given their species was seriously under threat from all sources and devastated by war

> > > >

> > > > An alliance could work, but not without set up and there are no known peaceful tribes yet introduced

> > >

> > > Again let me just point out the did a complete 180 on the flame legion making them the more peaceful and noble legions when they were the most evil one up to IBS. They had no set up for it we went to Grotmar after no flame legion lore since 2013 and they were just like "yep a ton of flame legion charr are actually great guys."

> >

> > To my understanding, it’s a splinter faction of the flame legion that had joined the United Legions. I imagine there are still some unaccounted for flame legion with the old ideals.

>

> Yeah it is a splinter faction, the same way the dominion was a splinter of all the bad charr in all the other legions as well, same with sons of svonir, same with the modern crescent, the inquest, etc, but thats sort of my point. ALL of a group of people are never evil. They could easily explain centaurs being allies if some of the centaur just dont want to fight anymore. if the people of ebonhawk can make peace with the charr i dont see why its so out of the question for the people of kryta.

There's a few diferences to keep in mind

- The Charr are in general, a more civilised species -ancestrally warlike perhaps, but a more well rounded society. Yes, the Flame Legion were barbaric and religious, but a splinter group rejoining civilisation (and that's what Efraam etc did when they were invited back into the fold) is more likely here compared to the centaurs who have no such place to turn to. There's no advanced society of centaurs that we are aware of for them to turn to or be invited back to. And to just join the other races would be very very weird. The centaurs now are more akin to the flame legion in GW1 and it took a long revolution for that to change

- The centaurs haven't shown any tendency for peace inKryta. They were still making war on humans as recently as LS3. I would have no doubt the bloodstone infection on them has not improved their outlook towards humanity either

- No centaur tribe has shown any tendency to care about the dragon threat to want to ally with anyone. The splinter Flame Legion group understood the threat of Jormag at least

- The centaurs took a considerable kicking in the war. I suspect there is not much left for them to give. The flame legion aren't an allied faction - they are part of a now united Charr race

There is at least good reason why the Flame Legion group reunited with the World to do what they did. It may be a little jarring, but the nuances of their race allow it to happen. No such nuance for the centaurs exist... yet. Could an alliance exist? In theory, but it needs to be seeded. There needs to be something substantial for that to happen first. So for the writers to decide it wasn't going to work without the correct build up is the right call. They get a lot of criticism for not giving over time for things and rightfully so, but here it is the correct decision. The time for establishing Centaur relations can happen later when they have the time and scope to develop it

For them to have brought the centaurs in in Champions would have at least required some earlier focus on them in the Icebrood Saga.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"TeeracK.3601" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > @"TeeracK.3601" said:

> > > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > The thing is, Krytan Centaurs suddenly joining Humans and other races after years of xenophobia and no lead in would be even more jarring. People are already criticising the recent releases for rushing through dialogue and plot points too quickly as some kind of tick box exercise. If Centaurs suddnely became an allied faction, then that would really give fuel to that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When I saw them in the trailer, I had expected them to be more of a flavour in a map out that way. Something to give a map a bit of extra layering instead of fully focussed on just the icebrood. But, that never came to pass.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well that's not exactly correct. A lot of centaur are warmongers but others are more peaceful. The different centaur tribes have very different philosophy and some of the tribes do value peace. We met a friend tribe back in drytop. I wouldn't think centaur changing their attitudes would be any different from the flame legion suddenly being the most noble char legion in IBS.

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s why I specifically mentioned Krytan Centaurs who have yet to show any tolerance or tendencies to peace unlike their Maguuma cousins

> > > > >

> > > > > As for the Dry Top ones, they are wiped out and it’s unclear what tribes even exist elsewhere given their species was seriously under threat from all sources and devastated by war

> > > > >

> > > > > An alliance could work, but not without set up and there are no known peaceful tribes yet introduced

> > > >

> > > > Again let me just point out the did a complete 180 on the flame legion making them the more peaceful and noble legions when they were the most evil one up to IBS. They had no set up for it we went to Grotmar after no flame legion lore since 2013 and they were just like "yep a ton of flame legion charr are actually great guys."

> > >

> > > To my understanding, it’s a splinter faction of the flame legion that had joined the United Legions. I imagine there are still some unaccounted for flame legion with the old ideals.

> >

> > Yeah it is a splinter faction, the same way the dominion was a splinter of all the bad charr in all the other legions as well, same with sons of svonir, same with the modern crescent, the inquest, etc, but thats sort of my point. ALL of a group of people are never evil. They could easily explain centaurs being allies if some of the centaur just dont want to fight anymore. if the people of ebonhawk can make peace with the charr i dont see why its so out of the question for the people of kryta.

>

> There's a few diferences to keep in mind

>

> - The Charr are in general, a more civilised species -ancestrally warlike perhaps, but a more well rounded society. Yes, the Flame Legion were barbaric and religious, but a splinter group rejoining civilisation (and that's what Efraam etc did when they were invited back into the fold) is more likely here compared to the cenaturs who have no such place to turn to. There's no advanced society of centaurs that we are aware of for them to turn to or be invited back to. And to just join the other races would be very very weird. The cenaturs now are more akin to the flame legion in GW1 and it took a long revolution for that to change

> - The centaurs haven't shown any tendency for peace inKryta. They were still making war on humans as recently as LS3. I would have no doubt the bloodstone infection on them has not improved their outlook towards humanity either

> - No centaur tribe has shown any tendency to care about the dragon threat to want to ally with anyone. The splinter Flame Legion group understood the threat of Jormag at least

> - The centaurs took a considerable kicking in the war. I suspect there is not much left for them to give. The flame legion aren't an allied faction - they are part of a now united Charr race

>

> There is at least good reason why the Flame Legion group reunited with the World to do what they did. It may be a little jarring, but the nuances of their race allow it to happen. No such nuance for the centaurs exist... yet. Could an alliance exist? In theory, but it needs to be seeded. There needs to be something substantial for that to happen first. So for the writers to decide it wasn't going to work without the correct build up is the right call. They go a lot of criticism for not giving over time for things and rightfully so, but here is the correct decision. The time for establishing Centaur relations can happen later when they have the time and scope to develop it

>

> For them to have brought the centaurs in in CHampions would have at least required some earlier focus on them in the Icebrood Saga.

Anet left information on the centaur and the entire region of the woodland cascade pretty blank for a reason. The centaur haven't cared about the dragons because the dragons are all pretty far from them but in this patch we here dialog about destroyers pushing centaurs out of their land and we know jormag's influence crept into the north side of the woodland cascades. We haven't gotten really any lore about the centaurs and their tendencies since the launch of the game and a lot of time has past.

You're saying this and that wasn't show with the centaurs before not to the aid of your point, but to it's detriment. They haven't given us really any information or updates on the centaur. They can do anything they want just like how redeeming the Flame Legion was completely out of no where after almost a decade or no lore.

You're trying very hard to come up with reasons for why the writers are back into a corner but they have done a good job at making sure they aren't. They are super free to do what ever they want with the centaur. We already know from that_shaman's data mining that they centaurs were going to be allied races, so idk how you can argue all these reasons for how it couldnt work.

And just in terms of how the centaurs arent an advanced society the centaur are an ancient race with strong shamanistic ties, and we have hardly seen the lands most of them live in now north of kryta. The Harathi Hinterlands for example is as close as we get and half the zone is a massive centaur city. It may not be in the same style or as industrial as a charr but that is just because of their strong physicality, size, and culture not because they are primitive. Would you say the olmakhan charr just because they choose to live more off the land?

We really haven't gotten much information on the centaur from the devs in years and years so they can really do anything they want.

We literally teamed up with the frost legion last patch because we are that desperate to stop primordus. The centaurs likely would have been in a situation where they had no choice to accept our aid and it be those kind of actions like how the charr saved ebonhalk that would lead to future lasting changings to centaur relations with other races.

We'll just have to disagree then. They cut it for a reason and as far as I'm concerned, that was the right call. After the angle of aligning with the Frost Legion which was also jarring to me, I'm glad they chose to hold off on this one and not just cram in an alliance which doesn't really fit

Agree that the centaur storyline probably wouldn't add much to the story at this point and would need to be too rushed. Also, if they went the route of Jormag trying to corrupt warmongering centaurs, it would have just been the exact same plot already done with the Charr civil war/Bangar. However, I do hope we get to visit more of the centaur homelands, see some of their more peaceful settlements in the Woodland Cascades, and see a conclusion to their war with the humans in the future (maybe in LWS6?).

> @"Poormany.4507" said:

> Agree that the centaur storyline probably wouldn't add much to the story at this point and would need to be too rushed. Also, if they went the route of Jormag trying to corrupt warmongering centaurs, it would have just been the exact same plot already done with the Charr civil war/Bangar. However, I do hope we get to visit more of the centaur homelands, see some of their more peaceful settlements in the Woodland Cascades, and see a conclusion to their war with the humans in the future (maybe in LWS6?).

Press F to doubt on there being any 'more Peaceful Settlements" in the Woodland Cascades. Too close to the Modniir to _not_ get subjugated by them. Only reason there were still peaceful tribes in Dry Top and (formerly) in the Silverwastes is that those regions had been cut off from the other more aggressive tribes.

> @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> > @"Poormany.4507" said:

> > Agree that the centaur storyline probably wouldn't add much to the story at this point and would need to be too rushed. Also, if they went the route of Jormag trying to corrupt warmongering centaurs, it would have just been the exact same plot already done with the Charr civil war/Bangar. However, I do hope we get to visit more of the centaur homelands, see some of their more peaceful settlements in the Woodland Cascades, and see a conclusion to their war with the humans in the future (maybe in LWS6?).

>

> Press F to doubt on there being any 'more Peaceful Settlements" in the Woodland Cascades. Too close to the Modniir to _not_ get subjugated by them. Only reason there were still peaceful tribes in Dry Top and (formerly) in the Silverwastes is that those regions had been cut off from the other more aggressive tribes.

It's entirely possible. In the core game, we did see that [at least some centaurs](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Outcast_Qindova) were realizing the war was a pointless endevour. With Ulgoth's death, the Modniir's grip would weaken, and with Caudecus no longer giving them opportunities via white mantle-ran-bandits, their opportunity for success would lower more.

So we could easily see some Efram-esque individuals popping up among the Harathi and Tamini, as those two tibes, while hating humans, were forced into the escalated war by the Modniir and particularly Ulgoth.

It would have been interesting to see the repercussions of Ulgoth's death and the Bloodstone-Crazed addictions among the Harathi...

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> > > @"Poormany.4507" said:

> > > Agree that the centaur storyline probably wouldn't add much to the story at this point and would need to be too rushed. Also, if they went the route of Jormag trying to corrupt warmongering centaurs, it would have just been the exact same plot already done with the Charr civil war/Bangar. However, I do hope we get to visit more of the centaur homelands, see some of their more peaceful settlements in the Woodland Cascades, and see a conclusion to their war with the humans in the future (maybe in LWS6?).

> >

> > Press F to doubt on there being any 'more Peaceful Settlements" in the Woodland Cascades. Too close to the Modniir to _not_ get subjugated by them. Only reason there were still peaceful tribes in Dry Top and (formerly) in the Silverwastes is that those regions had been cut off from the other more aggressive tribes.

>

> It's entirely possible. In the core game, we did see that [at least some centaurs](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Outcast_Qindova) were realizing the war was a pointless endevour. With Ulgoth's death, the Modniir's grip would weaken, and with Caudecus no longer giving them opportunities via white mantle-ran-bandits, their opportunity for success would lower more.

>

> So we could easily see some Efram-esque individuals popping up among the Harathi and Tamini, as those two tibes, while hating humans, were forced into the escalated war by the Modniir and particularly Ulgoth.

>

> It would have been interesting to see the repercussions of Ulgoth's death and the Bloodstone-Crazed addictions among the Harathi...

Perhaps if the Modniir's dominion over the other tribes is collapsing, otherwise I just don't see the Modniir's letting any _groups_ of Centaurs within their reach to be allowed to not serve as part of their war effort. Individuals like Qindova perhaps (whatever happened to him?) and I suppose its vaguely possible for a handful to do so, though I'd still say it'd be more likely if said groups were _not_ anywhere near the Woodlands.

One can only hope lol.

We hardly got any view on how Smodur's death affected the Legions, so we will probably _never_ see how a minor villain like Ulgoth affected the world after his death. At this point the story only centers around Aurene doing stuff, being hesitant to do stuff, or the Commander being the local cop of the neighbourhood, answering to calls to deal with threats (basically DRMs).

• 2 weeks later...

The exalted are finally here as a faction and im a little salty at my bad luck. Been doing old content trying to complete stuff and i just waste 3k arrullium on most of the recipes for the weapons in tarir, but now you can just buy them easy for 5 tokens in the EotN and they are also decently common in the supply boxes. Im happy ill finish the collection easy now but it sucks i wasted so much map currency.

Kind of makes me wonder/sad about if we did get Centaur if we could have maybe gotten an easy alternative to the Ambrite Weapon Collection.

> @"TeeracK.3601" said:

> Kind of makes me wonder/sad about if we did get Centaur if we could have maybe gotten an easy alternative to the Ambrite Weapon Collection.

I think Centaurs would have just given the generic vanilla Modniir weapon set, which is available from karma vendors (like the Ebon Vanguard weapons).

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > Kind of makes me wonder/sad about if we did get Centaur if we could have maybe gotten an easy alternative to the Ambrite Weapon Collection.

>

> I think Centaurs would have just given the generic vanilla Modniir weapon set, which is available from karma vendors (like the Ebon Vanguard weapons).

that_shaman had pulled up the loot table from the gw.dat (it's all in there), and yes, centaurs would have given the modniir set.

They haven't forgotten about the centaur aspect of the trailer its just a dragons response mission where you have to kill the centaurs and take their trebs so you can use them on primordus forces in lake doric. I am just speculating but that is something along the lines of what they would do since its mainly just repurposing content while they figure out how they are going to be able to keep people interested long enough to make another expansion. The trebs will then reload water balloons that will extinguish the destroyers.