Better previews?

I'll never understand the Gw2 preview window. It is a shame you can not zoom in and out, or even move the camera.

The other part I can not understand is the fact that the menu can be reflected onto the preview window (seriously some weapons can reflect the menu).

Since the menu is reflected, this suggests to me that the menu is another overlay (like a 2nd version of the game running at the same time), if this is the case then camera controls could in theory be added to the menu system, allowing you to zoom in and out, or even moving the camera up and down, see the FFXIV preview window as a key example here.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > >

> > > or just starting with a larger window

> > >

> > > the preview window isn't even large enough for some daggers

> >

> > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

>

> The size of the preview and TP windows are unaffected by resolution so that is a very stupid comment.

then why is it a non-issue for me?

the suggested improvement would improve it in one go, a bigger preview doesn't solve anything so don't start with stupid with me.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > > >

> > > > or just starting with a larger window

> > > >

> > > > the preview window isn't even large enough for some daggers

> > >

> > > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

> >

> > The size of the preview and TP windows are unaffected by resolution so that is a very stupid comment.

>

> then why is it a non-issue for me?

> the suggested improvement would improve it in one go, a bigger preview doesn't solve anything so don't start with stupid with me.

You are using norn and charr characters and have no issues?

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

> >

> > The size of the preview and TP windows are unaffected by resolution so that is a very stupid comment.

>

> the suggested improvement would improve it in one go, a bigger preview doesn't solve anything so don't start with stupid with me.

Changing resolution wouldn't solve the issue. The preview window would render within the same space but at a different ratio.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

because you haven't bothered to understand the issue before posting?

The image OP posted in the very first post is 2,560px × 1,440px

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> You are using norn and charr characters and have no issues?

Issue still exist on asura. Less but the tops of staffs still get cut off.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

You never answeerd my previous question. You can see all the character+weapon in the preview without the borders cutting the weapon off?

EDIT: Can you post a screenshot?

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > > > >

> > > > > or just starting with a larger window

> > > > >

> > > > > the preview window isn't even large enough for some daggers

> > > >

> > > > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

> > >

> > > The size of the preview and TP windows are unaffected by resolution so that is a very stupid comment.

> >

> > then why is it a non-issue for me?

> > the suggested improvement would improve it in one go, a bigger preview doesn't solve anything so don't start with stupid with me.

>

> You never answeerd my previous question. You can see all the character+weapon in the preview without the borders cutting the weapon off?

>

> EDIT: Can you post a screenshot?

i did answer your question but you don't want to accept any, but if you really need prove, here you go.

https://i.postimg.cc/j5V9vnmk/gw006.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/FsPB8BwS/gw007.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/RZybVnSV/gw008.jpg

oh and actually thinking of the improvement i suggested would help your argument, you're complaining without accepting improvements.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > or just starting with a larger window

> > > > > >

> > > > > > the preview window isn't even large enough for some daggers

> > > > >

> > > > > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

> > > >

> > > > The size of the preview and TP windows are unaffected by resolution so that is a very stupid comment.

> > >

> > > then why is it a non-issue for me?

> > > the suggested improvement would improve it in one go, a bigger preview doesn't solve anything so don't start with stupid with me.

> >

> > You never answeerd my previous question. You can see all the character+weapon in the preview without the borders cutting the weapon off?

> >

> > EDIT: Can you post a screenshot?

>

> i did answer your question but you don't want to accept any, but if you really need prove, here you go.

> https://i.postimg.cc/j5V9vnmk/gw006.jpg

> https://i.postimg.cc/FsPB8BwS/gw007.jpg

> https://i.postimg.cc/RZybVnSV/gw008.jpg

>

> oh and actually thinking of the improvement i suggested would help your argument, you're complaining without accepting improvements.

Wait, what are you talking about, what improvements?

The only thing you suggested is to "play the game in a resolution higher than 800X600 - which all of us do, i don't think anybody plays the game in 800x600 and changing the resolutions doens't change previews.

I asked you this:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

>

> I play on 1440p and i can't see most weapons fully when in the shop preview.

> So, how exactly are you seeing them fully? Is there a trick or something?

Theese are all your posts in this thread. Please tell me which one answered my question.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> >

> > or just starting with a larger window

> >

> > the preview window isn't even large enough for some daggers

>

> or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

> > > >

> > > > The size of the preview and TP windows are unaffected by resolution so that is a very stupid comment.

> > >

> > > the suggested improvement would improve it in one go, a bigger preview doesn't solve anything so don't start with stupid with me.

> >

> > You never answeerd my previous question. You can see all the character+weapon in the preview without the borders cutting the weapon off?

> >

> > EDIT: Can you post a screenshot?

>

> i did answer your question but you don't want to accept any, but if you really need prove, here you go.

> https://i.postimg.cc/j5V9vnmk/gw006.jpg

> https://i.postimg.cc/FsPB8BwS/gw007.jpg

> https://i.postimg.cc/RZybVnSV/gw008.jpg

>

> oh and actually thinking of the improvement i suggested would help your argument, you're complaining without accepting improvements.

I don't see an answer to the question "i play in 1440p - how do i fit the entire character in the preview window". If the "solution" is "don't play in 800x600 - i don't, i play in 1440p which is why i asked you how do i fit a Norn or a Charr in that window and preview greatswords and staffs fully.

Also, what are the characters on the screenshot, are they human or norn?

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > or just starting with a larger window

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > the preview window isn't even large enough for some daggers

> > > > > >

> > > > > > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

> > > > >

> > > > > The size of the preview and TP windows are unaffected by resolution so that is a very stupid comment.

> > > >

> > > > then why is it a non-issue for me?

> > > > the suggested improvement would improve it in one go, a bigger preview doesn't solve anything so don't start with stupid with me.

> > >

> > > You never answeerd my previous question. You can see all the character+weapon in the preview without the borders cutting the weapon off?

> > >

> > > EDIT: Can you post a screenshot?

> >

> > i did answer your question but you don't want to accept any, but if you really need prove, here you go.

> > https://i.postimg.cc/j5V9vnmk/gw006.jpg

> > https://i.postimg.cc/FsPB8BwS/gw007.jpg

> > https://i.postimg.cc/RZybVnSV/gw008.jpg

> >

> > oh and actually thinking of the improvement i suggested would help your argument, you're complaining without accepting improvements.

>

> Wait, what are you talking about, what improvements?

> The only thing you suggested is to "play the game in a resolution higher than 800X600 - which all of us do, i don't think anybody plays the game in 800x600 and changing the resolutions doens't change previews.

>

> I asked you this:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > I play on 1440p and i can't see most weapons fully when in the shop preview.

> > So, how exactly are you seeing them fully? Is there a trick or something?

>

> Theese are all your posts in this thread. Please tell me which one answered my question.

>

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

>

>

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

> > >

> > > The size of the preview and TP windows are unaffected by resolution so that is a very stupid comment.

> >

> > then why is it a non-issue for me?

> > the suggested improvement would improve it in one go, a bigger preview doesn't solve anything so don't start with stupid with me.

>

>

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > or just starting with a larger window

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > the preview window isn't even large enough for some daggers

> > > > > >

> > > > > > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

> > > > >

> > > > > The size of the preview and TP windows are unaffected by resolution so that is a very stupid comment.

> > > >

> > > > then why is it a non-issue for me?

> > > > the suggested improvement would improve it in one go, a bigger preview doesn't solve anything so don't start with stupid with me.

> > >

> > > You never answeerd my previous question. You can see all the character+weapon in the preview without the borders cutting the weapon off?

> > >

> > > EDIT: Can you post a screenshot?

> >

> > i did answer your question but you don't want to accept any, but if you really need prove, here you go.

> > https://i.postimg.cc/j5V9vnmk/gw006.jpg

> > https://i.postimg.cc/FsPB8BwS/gw007.jpg

> > https://i.postimg.cc/RZybVnSV/gw008.jpg

> >

> > oh and actually thinking of the improvement i suggested would help your argument, you're complaining without accepting improvements.

>

>

> I don't see an answer to the question "i play in 1440p - how do i fit the entire character in the preview window". If the "solution" is "don't play in 800x600 - i don't, i play in 1440p which is why i asked you how do i fit a Norn or a Charr in that window and preview greatswords and staffs fully.

>

> Also, what are the characters on the screenshot, are they human or norn?

uhmm so you're just going to ignore the whole zoom part?

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > or just starting with a larger window

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > the preview window isn't even large enough for some daggers

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The size of the preview and TP windows are unaffected by resolution so that is a very stupid comment.

> > > > >

> > > > > then why is it a non-issue for me?

> > > > > the suggested improvement would improve it in one go, a bigger preview doesn't solve anything so don't start with stupid with me.

> > > >

> > > > You never answeerd my previous question. You can see all the character+weapon in the preview without the borders cutting the weapon off?

> > > >

> > > > EDIT: Can you post a screenshot?

> > >

> > > i did answer your question but you don't want to accept any, but if you really need prove, here you go.

> > > https://i.postimg.cc/j5V9vnmk/gw006.jpg

> > > https://i.postimg.cc/FsPB8BwS/gw007.jpg

> > > https://i.postimg.cc/RZybVnSV/gw008.jpg

> > >

> > > oh and actually thinking of the improvement i suggested would help your argument, you're complaining without accepting improvements.

> >

> > Wait, what are you talking about, what improvements?

> > The only thing you suggested is to "play the game in a resolution higher than 800X600 - which all of us do, i don't think anybody plays the game in 800x600 and changing the resolutions doens't change previews.

> >

> > I asked you this:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I play on 1440p and i can't see most weapons fully when in the shop preview.

> > > So, how exactly are you seeing them fully? Is there a trick or something?

> >

> > Theese are all your posts in this thread. Please tell me which one answered my question.

> >

> > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> >

> >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > > > > an option to remove armor (like in the make-over shop) would fix this, able to zoom a bit further out could be a small change that helps tons.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > or just starting with a larger window

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > the preview window isn't even large enough for some daggers

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > or play the game on a higher resolution than 800X600, i can see everything just fine on my 2715x1527 resolution.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The size of the preview and TP windows are unaffected by resolution so that is a very stupid comment.

> > > > >

> > > > > then why is it a non-issue for me?

> > > > > the suggested improvement would improve it in one go, a bigger preview doesn't solve anything so don't start with stupid with me.

> > > >

> > > > You never answeerd my previous question. You can see all the character+weapon in the preview without the borders cutting the weapon off?

> > > >

> > > > EDIT: Can you post a screenshot?

> > >

> > > i did answer your question but you don't want to accept any, but if you really need prove, here you go.

> > > https://i.postimg.cc/j5V9vnmk/gw006.jpg

> > > https://i.postimg.cc/FsPB8BwS/gw007.jpg

> > > https://i.postimg.cc/RZybVnSV/gw008.jpg

> > >

> > > oh and actually thinking of the improvement i suggested would help your argument, you're complaining without accepting improvements.

> >

> >

> > I don't see an answer to the question "i play in 1440p - how do i fit the entire character in the preview window". If the "solution" is "don't play in 800x600 - i don't, i play in 1440p which is why i asked you how do i fit a Norn or a Charr in that window and preview greatswords and staffs fully.

> >

> > Also, what are the characters on the screenshot, are they human or norn?

>

> uhmm so you're just going to ignore the whole zoom part?

See this is what i'm talking about, what zoom part?

You can zoom your character in the preview window?

Cause i never found a way to do it...

Is this common knowledge or something?

If you're going to call me out on something can you please then elaborate on what you mean?