How to define unwinnable games

Crozame.4098

As title mentioned. To me, the final score serves a quite objective measure. Of course, it has issues. But:

if a lost is 400or more - 500, then maybe it can be carriable but did not perform well.

On the other hand, if games are 250 or less - 500, then to me it is an uncarriable/unwinnable game.

I think we can talk about the first sign of an unwinnable situation when you get +1ed somewhere, survive through kiting, bind them and your team still manages to lose the rest of the map in a 4v3. But then again, every game can be winnable - happens all the time that a team gets a grip halfway through the match in games that most would consider unwinnable

> @"Avatar.3568" said:

> Not Tru, when game ends 250 to 500 its because your team started hard snowballing

Thats one possible explanation, but if you are in a team that does not understand regrouping, doesn't this mean its uncarriable?

Also snowballing is relatively subjective, and need to be reviewed after the match. But the final score is objective.

You say not 250, what about 200 - 500? 100 - 500?

> @"snoow.1694" said:

> I think we can talk about the first sign of an unwinnable situation when you get +1ed somewhere, survive through kiting, bind them and your team still manages to lose the rest of the map in a 4v3. But then again, every game can be winnable - happens all the time that a team gets a grip halfway through the match in games that most would consider unwinnable

I disagree that every game can be winnable. But its off topic.

Yes, kiting 1v2 for a long time, yet you team still looses. But this is maybe because the other team also has a very good sidenoder and maybe kiting 1v3 for a long time. And in this case, maybe rotating to TFs might be a better option. Kiting 1v2 and still loosing can also be the fact that the opponent has a supporter (Thanks ANET for ignoring core support guard~) but you do not. In this case, that supporter can very well offset your effort in 1v2ing. IN this case, maybe also do something else.

i think best way to tell is recording your matches and watching them after, when you carried by emotions more games will look uncarriable.

Sometimes a small tweak on your build would have done it, sometimes a build that you play but not so well was better fit for that game giving you a more favorable results.

Sometimes you pile up small mistakes that made you lose the game.

A few days ago i was playing ranked, i've made a poor choice of playing lightning rod LR, after first duo lost against a DH it was clear i should've played fire. But some games are not easy to tell what went wrong.

I consider any game unwinnable if :

The enemy is snowballing with double our score and at least one member already gave up and is afk in spawn.

I've won games where the score seemed pretty skewed early at 200 - 100 and then we turned it around and won with 300~ - 500

It's not impossible to win games from an initial loss, but when ranked matches can easily tilt in any side's favor based on a good +1 which asserts dominance or good rotation with decaps, having one dude which goes afk will lower yur chances of winning drastically.

> @"Crozame.4098" said:

> > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > i think best way to tell is recording your matches and watching them after, when you carried by emotions more games will look uncarriable.

> >

>

> Thats true and impractible.

>

lol, what, i stream pvp just to watch it later and not fill up my ssd with 1gb files

> @"snoow.1694" said:

> I think we can talk about the first sign of an unwinnable situation when you get +1ed somewhere, survive through kiting, bind them and your team still manages to lose the rest of the map in a 4v3. But then again, every game can be winnable - happens all the time that a team gets a grip halfway through the match in games that most would consider unwinnable

I hate this when I’m on a point and manage to kill 2 of their team after a 3 minute fight then smiling to myself and look at the map expecting a full cap and see my team are all dead and the map is for the enemy team haha.