You know you've played too much Guild Wars 2 when....

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> You don't want to log into the game anymore.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> * You stop playing GW2.

> @"CedarDog.9723" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > * You stop playing GW2.

>

> Yeah, that kind of stuff about game burnout went through my mind.

>

> You don't find any particular enjoyment in the festivals any more and slug through as much of it as possible.

> You find dailies an unbearable grind.

> You stare at and think about clicking on the Guild Wars 2 shortcut for a little while and feel a dull sense of malaise, then decide to click on a shortcut to a different game.

> You log in to do various activities/events with friends/guildies during the week out of a sense of obligation.

> You find that any small source of annoyance seems to affect you immensely.

> You notice that when you DO log in, you tend to just AFK.

> You also notice that you find that looking at the forums is much more interesting to you than playing the game.

>

Way to dampen the fun guys.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"CedarDog.9723" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > * You stop playing GW2.

> >

> > Yeah, that kind of stuff about game burnout went through my mind.

> >

> > You don't find any particular enjoyment in the festivals any more and slug through as much of it as possible.

> > You find dailies an unbearable grind.

> > You stare at and think about clicking on the Guild Wars 2 shortcut for a little while and feel a dull sense of malaise, then decide to click on a shortcut to a different game.

> > You log in to do various activities/events with friends/guildies during the week out of a sense of obligation.

> > You find that any small source of annoyance seems to affect you immensely.

> > You notice that when you DO log in, you tend to just AFK.

> > You also notice that you find that looking at the forums is much more interesting to you than playing the game.

> >

> That's me right now. I mean like point per point.

> Usually the only reason i play GW2 is because it's the only game i have on my pc that i can and will play split screen with a movie, series or youtube video, so when i'm watching something, and feel like my hands are restless, then i might pop into gw2. But then i do dailies and tend to log of.

> I barely played the Halloween festival, although it has **always** been my favourite content in gw2. It's not just burn out, but also i'm largely disappointed in the direction the game has taken in it's development.

> Living world has been largely just the story. The maps kinda blend together into forgetfulness, and even stuff like the Sun's Refuge that was so hyped woefully under delivered, at least in my opinion. So i can't find a reason to play, even when there's stuff, like Reaper's Rumble, that i was excited about playing, i just can't bring myself to even start.

> Of course the fact that i once had a guild of 120 guys of which pretty much only 2 are still playing (me being one of them), does add to that unwillingness to play, since most of my friends aren't there any more. And they're not there because Arena Net failed to meet expectations once to many times for all of us, if you look at their manifesto back in 2012, most of what's there has been completely reversed.

> No grind, that was broken very early on.

> No Holy Trinity... Will not be a reality for years the way they are delivering elite specs. And that's only if they ever manage to get support specs in all professions that can rival with chrono (not going to happen), healers that can rival with Druid, and anything that can be as good as warrior banners. I doubt they'll ever be able to do this, so we'll always be left with the holy trinity of chrono, banners and dps.

> Always be able to revisit old maps, through the down-level system and through new events. The first part still applies, but there's no real reason to do so outside maps with World bosses, and the random champ. Especially starting zones. And since the Living world has completely departed from core tyria, it's unlikely we'll ever revisit old content, and will always and forever be left with a ton of hanging plot points.

>

> It saddens me, really.

This game was marketed in a way that removed the classic Holy Trinity kind of system where you pick a class and they kind of stick to that particular role.

Anyone can be whatever they want to, even if some of those things sound a bit ridiculous. Like you know, a full healing warrior for example. Fun to try but sounds really weird.

And there is no real purpose to the holy trinity when enemies in the open world and across the world all have different aggro mechanics, like aggro-ing off precision or most damage done. This kind of thing makes Holy Trinity kind of, pointless.

When it is easy to make everyone run full DPS, while two chronos give out a crap ton of boons (some of the best boons in the game) while one tanks and the other DPSes and then you have two druids keeping the team up. There is no real need to run much else. Guardian was designed similar to some sort of classic tank or even tank support or just plain support but yet you don't run it because it can't match the boons that a chrono brings (alacrity is a gift that not enough classes do) and they can't tank as well no matter how much aegis and blocks and shields they bring.

The game needs to redesign enemies to actually bother paying attention to toughness more often.

And then redesign what we already have to some degree to give them the potential to output like those other classes.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You try to press Y on the dinner table to find out which family members are online.

You're on a road trip and you think, "Wait, why don't I just open the map and waypoi- oh.."

You start having dreams about the next content release, log on to play, and realize there was no content release.

_Totally_ not speaking from personal experience on these.

-When you need to wash your clothes and try to find the anvil.

-When you exit your house and wondering "where's my nine-tailed fox?"

-When you start thinking that we have ley-lines IRL just near tectonic plates.

-When every exams became an Hero challenge, and think that the more you succeed, the better ability you will earn.

-When you developped a fear about every lab with an icon made of red, black and white, thinking they are mad scientists.

-Seeking for a rare ore or mineral even in a building.

-On the 31th october, waiting for friends to kill "Steve".

-Looking over everyone head if they have a rank circle or not.

> @"Plexxing.2978" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > * You get excited when flax is available in the bulk foods aisle, at a discount.

>

> I get that this is just another joke in the line, but this has actually happened to me because GW2.

This was not a joke in the line.

I've seen the same flax discount sign in that same store before (I think they offer it 1x/month or something). But that day, I had my mind on something else and I noticed it out of the corner of my eye and my subconscious put 2 and 2 together and came up with 22. I literally started to turn towards the bulk food section (and by literally, I mean my body was in motion, although before I took another step I realized my mistake and turned back towards veggies, where I was originally headed).

> @"CedarDog.9723" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > * You stop playing GW2.

>

> Yeah, that kind of stuff about game burnout went through my mind.

>

> You don't find any particular enjoyment in the festivals any more and slug through as much of it as possible.

> You find dailies an unbearable grind.

> You stare at and think about clicking on the Guild Wars 2 shortcut for a little while and feel a dull sense of malaise, then decide to click on a shortcut to a different game.

> You log in to do various activities/events with friends/guildies during the week out of a sense of obligation.

> You find that any small source of annoyance seems to affect you immensely.

> You notice that when you DO log in, you tend to just AFK.

> You also notice that you find that looking at the forums is much more interesting to you than playing the game.

>

Yup. This is where I am now. Just before the 3,232nd tweak/nerf to Scourges after the Rune changes. Specifically, #3 - I stare at and think about clicking on the Guild Wars 2 shortcut... (though, I do click on it to download any patches). I then, lately, decide to click on Saints Row The Third.

The last point is golden, by the way: it's what I am doing now. :)

I would also add:

When you simply walk away from Champion Aszar, Swinging Pendulum after the 4th Vet Hydra spawns right in the middle and kittens things up.

> @"Cedric Ambidexter.9174" said:

> > @"Sciger.1679" said:

> > When you start having odd dreams about Guild Wars 2, such as Mordremoth attacking one's house or farming Auric Basin and getting a precursor. Again.

> >

> > Or maybe it's just my vast amounts of medication. B)

>

> Hope you don't dream about Mordrem lol.

Thankfully no, that'd be freaky. ;3;