WvW = Dead game mode

Vieux P.1238

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > > Why are you even feeding someone that doesn't even play this game anymore?

> > >

> > > https://www.wikihow.com/Win-Back-a-Customer

> >

> > So give them shinnies on the hope they'll start playing again? Doubt it.

>

> this isn't about giving them shinnies. It's about winning former players/customers back. There are reasons why former players left the game and the poste article is about winning them back and to address their reasoning in hoping to keep them

>

> that's all

Explain this part "If you are the business owner, you can take it a step further and try giving the customer discounts and guarantees for future visits."

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > > > Why are you even feeding someone that doesn't even play this game anymore?

> > > >

> > > > https://www.wikihow.com/Win-Back-a-Customer

> > >

> > > So give them shinnies on the hope they'll start playing again? Doubt it.

> >

> > this isn't about giving them shinnies. It's about winning former players/customers back. There are reasons why former players left the game and the poste article is about winning them back and to address their reasoning in hoping to keep them

> >

> > that's all

>

> Explain this part "If you are the business owner, you can take it a step further and try giving the customer discounts and guarantees for future visits."

That i agree on. I would love to hear this as well.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > > > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > > > > Why are you even feeding someone that doesn't even play this game anymore?

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.wikihow.com/Win-Back-a-Customer

> > > >

> > > > So give them shinnies on the hope they'll start playing again? Doubt it.

> > >

> > > this isn't about giving them shinnies. It's about winning former players/customers back. There are reasons why former players left the game and the poste article is about winning them back and to address their reasoning in hoping to keep them

> > >

> > > that's all

> >

> > Explain this part "If you are the business owner, you can take it a step further and try giving the customer discounts and guarantees for future visits."

No explanation necessary because i'm in full agreement with it.

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > > > > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > > > > > Why are you even feeding someone that doesn't even play this game anymore?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://www.wikihow.com/Win-Back-a-Customer

> > > > >

> > > > > So give them shinnies on the hope they'll start playing again? Doubt it.

> > > >

> > > > this isn't about giving them shinnies. It's about winning former players/customers back. There are reasons why former players left the game and the poste article is about winning them back and to address their reasoning in hoping to keep them

> > > >

> > > > that's all

> > >

> > > Explain this part "If you are the business owner, you can take it a step further and try giving the customer discounts and guarantees for future visits."

>

> No explanation necessary because i'm in full agreement with it.

No one cares if you are in agreement. Don't talk for us. We want an explanation.

> @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > Why are you even feeding someone that doesn't even play this game anymore?

> >

> > https://www.wikihow.com/Win-Back-a-Customer

>

> So give them shinnies on the hope they'll start playing again? Doubt it.

they want more dumb players that want to get carried, so they dont have to balance and keep the gimmicks worse and worse, while people that would like to have a decent pvp game here need to move to bail out.

They want the players that just care about how quagans look bewtifull......

EDIT: so basicly "dumb" was apearing as kitten(i was counting on that) but when edited the post is starts to show has the original word was written :P lol

> @Aeolus.3615 said:

> > > > Why are you even feeding someone that doesn't even play this game anymore?

> > >

> > > https://www.wikihow.com/Win-Back-a-Customer

> >

> > So give them shinnies on the hope they'll start playing again? Doubt it.

>

> they want more kitten players that want to get carried, so they dont have to balance and keep the gimmicks worse and worse, while people that would like to have a decent pvp game here need to move to bail out.

>

>

>

> They want the players that just care about how quagans look bewtifull......

>

> EDIT: so basicly "kitten" was apearing as kitten(i was counting on that) but when edited the post is starts to show has the original word was written :P lol

Yup but reality is a hard dose to take. Also it takes some much more time to realize, that which has been staring them in the face the whole time.

I normally hate to say it. But I'm going to enjoy saying it this time..... I TOLD YALL SO! LEL :sunglasses:

Alright so my post got deleted, the "This Game Has Gotten Really Bad" one.

Got a bunch of BS warnings from some kid at a desk who loves quaggans.

This patch is garbage. This game is garbage right now.

Suck it up Anet, we wanted a game that you didn't and some of us aren't happy. Infracting and removing posts doesn't solve the problem, it exacerbates it.

> @Trajan.4953 said:

> Alright so my post got deleted, the "This Game Has Gotten Really Bad" one.

>

> Got a bunch of BS warnings from some kid at a desk who loves quaggans.

>

> This patch is garbage. This game is garbage right now.

>

> Suck it up Anet, we wanted a game that you didn't and some of us aren't happy. Infracting and removing posts doesn't solve the problem, it exacerbates it.

This, They keep going on as if everything is fine .. wtf reading the kitten notes says: we don´t care and hey .. here is some shiny bs @ gemstore you can buy now to support our ignorance ... really sad

I spent a good bit of time this weekend in EoTM, trying to find a squad and run up some currency for proof of heroics. I doubt there were more than 20 people on at any time I logged in, and most of those in stealthed gank squads. Maybe I was on at a bad time, or from a small server. But it seemed pretty dead to me. B&S has an interesting open world pvp system where in you have to declare for a faction, and wear its uniform; so pvper get to fight each other, and newbies, and people just not interested go unmolested. I think its worth considering.

> @"Claudia De Anar.6304" said:

> I spent a good bit of time this weekend in EoTM, trying to find a squad and run up some currency for proof of heroics. I doubt there were more than 20 people on at any time I logged in, and most of those in stealthed gank squads. Maybe I was on at a bad time, or from a small server. But it seemed pretty dead to me. **B&S has an interesting open world pvp system where in you have to declare for a faction, and wear its uniform; so pvper get to fight each other, and newbies, and people just not interested go unmolested.** I think its worth considering.

Yeah, i've played B&S myself tried there version of open world pvp. But it never really picked up. No my version where you split up part of the core map of tyria into pvp zones is a better idea. Fighting to farm resources in my view is the best bet for that competitiveness feel that keeps you coming back. I would suggest at least Anet to test it out. To open up 1 single map in core Tyria that's the least visited by players. As a beta test. See if it catches players interest. Opponents would be guild vs guild who enter the zone no matter numbers of guilds. No server pride. As mentioned before, players not wanting to pvp or get caught in the crossfire has the choice to stay clear of the area. Or enter at there own risk. Competitive for pvp'ers, none cumbersome for pve'rs & in the end, Simple!

I know, it will never happen.

> @primatos.5413 said:

> > @Trajan.4953 said:

> > Alright so my post got deleted, the "This Game Has Gotten Really Bad" one.

> >

> > Got a bunch of BS warnings from some kid at a desk who loves quaggans.

> >

> > This patch is garbage. This game is garbage right now.

> >

> > Suck it up Anet, we wanted a game that you didn't and some of us aren't happy. Infracting and removing posts doesn't solve the problem, it exacerbates it.

>

> This, They keep going on as if everything is fine .. kitten reading the kitten notes says: we don´t care and hey .. here is some shiny bs @ gemstore you can buy now to support our ignorance ... really sad

But everything is fine tho. I mean PvEers and non competitive players are having a field day. ANet is not really losing money over the already disgruntled players, who already stopped financially supporting them. So yes as long as everything is fine, there is no need to act otherwise.

WvW isn´t dead but becomes more and more taken over and afflicted by players which are fine with one shot bs builds .. which nevermind the bs ca**er builds bcs of playing them .. remember how aura share tempest was after HoT release ? Totally fucked up nearly unkillable .. so there was a lot of players (ab)using that cheese build then players complained .. anet nerfed to the ground .. players switched .. the whole way this company keeps treading this gamemode and its playerbase is ridiculous and most of them don´t even recognize ... bcz of a lot of them just keep on switching classes as neccesary.. where are the tempests now ? Kittened up .@ roaming issues .. tolerated @ zerg because of waterfields ? Poor shit ^^

If i did my Job even ONE day as Anet does treat WvW i was fired instantly .. But Hey .. WE GOT SHINY MOUNT BS @ GEMSTORE OUT NOW !!!!

rly .. ? I´ll keep praying for Crowfall and Camelot to become a real alternative instead of furthermore trying to handle the Anet clowns..

**primatos.5413** Don't forget as well AshesOfCreation. They all look promising. but the proof will be in the pudding. In the mean time, **as DocGotGame says, Gw2 is a good fall back game.** I feel that's true. Pve side of PoF is not bad. But Anet Definitely needs to up there game with the rest if they want to compete & keep there base.

ESL fail because they give buffs in-game at the same time they doing the event, so "forget stream, ill play gw2 with free buffs" lmao

No, srly, event tournies was kinda boring to watch and ESL want a mass moving LoL like events for cash in

WvW is more open wide for new players that before, more appeal for this new servers team up

> @primatos.5413 said:

> WvW isn´t dead but becomes more and more taken over and afflicted by players which are fine with one shot bs builds .. which nevermind the bs ca**er builds bcs of playing them .. remember how aura share tempest was after HoT release ? Totally kitten up nearly unkillable .. so there was a lot of players (ab)using that cheese build then players complained .. anet nerfed to the ground .. players switched .. the whole way this company keeps treading this gamemode and its playerbase is ridiculous and most of them don´t even recognize ... bcz of a lot of them just keep on switching classes as neccesary.. where are the tempests now ? Kittened up .@ roaming issues .. tolerated @ zerg because of waterfields ? Poor kitten ^^

> If i did my Job even ONE day as Anet does treat WvW i was fired instantly .. But Hey .. WE GOT SHINY MOUNT BS @ GEMSTORE OUT NOW !!!!

> rly .. ? I´ll keep praying for Crowfall and Camelot to become a real alternative instead of furthermore trying to handle the Anet clowns..

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @FogLeg.9354 said:

> > If I understand the proposal correctly, it would lead to massive positive feedback loop, where those who are strongest/richest/bestequipped will get huge rewards and become even stronger/richer/bettergeared. So if you lose fight to enemy today, you will get nothing from it, but your enemy gets access to pile of useful stuff which makes them even more difficult to kill in the future. The gap between winners and losers increases with every fight and every reward cycle.

>

> No, obviously you do not understand & nothing i said on my OP even remotely suggest a zero sum solution gap between winners & losers. The useful stuff as you say would be the actual stuff that exist already. So nothing unbalance or new. But you got to be more imaginative. For example, you want to make a new legendary. Besides buying stuff threw the TP, other option is harvesting resources threw out the pve map. Imagine **in certain pve maps** open to pvp you would race to harvest, fight and compete for does ressources before they get them. So you can sell, trade or what ever to make your legendary item. this is just an example. But nothing i described has been map out so that 1 group gets all & losers gets nothing. That's impossible. worst would be 1 side gets lots & the other gets less. Makes more sens! & yes, vendores would have a limited amount of resources to sell reason why to go out & fight for it so to replenish there stocks.

>

>

Your proposal makes the PvE world competitive. I don't want to play in maps where I am going to get beat on by people who are better than me where I come to slightly relax and work with others to gain reward in a less competitive and more cooperative atmosphere. When I want to be beat on by people with better gear, I go and do WvW where I can at least work with experienced people of any guild to build my skills in a somewhat controlled open world PvP.

I played Arche Age and Tera which had open world PvP with it's PvP and basically people are jerks, they will pick on low levels BECAUSE THEY CAN! Someone will not feel bad because you have worse gear than you, they just want your stuff and they will do whatever they can to get it. This would ruin the slightly casual atmosphere of Guild Wars 2 in which anyone stands a chance at progressing even if they have stopped playing for a while or even if they want to pace themselves. I don't need another game where someone else can fuck me over when all I want to do is progress in whatever mode I play and have beautiful looking characters.

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > @FogLeg.9354 said:

> > > If I understand the proposal correctly, it would lead to massive positive feedback loop, where those who are strongest/richest/bestequipped will get huge rewards and become even stronger/richer/bettergeared. So if you lose fight to enemy today, you will get nothing from it, but your enemy gets access to pile of useful stuff which makes them even more difficult to kill in the future. The gap between winners and losers increases with every fight and every reward cycle.

> >

> > No, obviously you do not understand & nothing i said on my OP even remotely suggest a zero sum solution gap between winners & losers. The useful stuff as you say would be the actual stuff that exist already. So nothing unbalance or new. But you got to be more imaginative. For example, you want to make a new legendary. Besides buying stuff threw the TP, other option is harvesting resources threw out the pve map. Imagine **in certain pve maps** open to pvp you would race to harvest, fight and compete for does ressources before they get them. So you can sell, trade or what ever to make your legendary item. this is just an example. But nothing i described has been map out so that 1 group gets all & losers gets nothing. That's impossible. worst would be 1 side gets lots & the other gets less. Makes more sens! & yes, vendores would have a limited amount of resources to sell reason why to go out & fight for it so to replenish there stocks.

> >

> >

>

**>Your proposal makes the PvE world competitive. I don't want to play in maps where I am going to get beat on by people who are better than me where I come to slightly relax and work with others to gain reward in a less competitive and more cooperative atmosphere. **

Dude, Besides events & Bosses, how much times do you spend replaying core Tyria maps vs the new maps? Not much i bet! Theres absolutely no problem of making some zones in core Tyria open world pvp. Since no one but new players plays them anymore. & how long do you think they stay. Cuz i'm pretty sure your time investing in relaxing in core Tyria is not that much as well. So plzzz. Find me another excuse. FYI, I'm not suggesting open world on the new maps or new expansion. Just special zones in core Tyria.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > @FogLeg.9354 said:

> > > > If I understand the proposal correctly, it would lead to massive positive feedback loop, where those who are strongest/richest/bestequipped will get huge rewards and become even stronger/richer/bettergeared. So if you lose fight to enemy today, you will get nothing from it, but your enemy gets access to pile of useful stuff which makes them even more difficult to kill in the future. The gap between winners and losers increases with every fight and every reward cycle.

> > >

> > > No, obviously you do not understand & nothing i said on my OP even remotely suggest a zero sum solution gap between winners & losers. The useful stuff as you say would be the actual stuff that exist already. So nothing unbalance or new. But you got to be more imaginative. For example, you want to make a new legendary. Besides buying stuff threw the TP, other option is harvesting resources threw out the pve map. Imagine **in certain pve maps** open to pvp you would race to harvest, fight and compete for does ressources before they get them. So you can sell, trade or what ever to make your legendary item. this is just an example. But nothing i described has been map out so that 1 group gets all & losers gets nothing. That's impossible. worst would be 1 side gets lots & the other gets less. Makes more sens! & yes, vendores would have a limited amount of resources to sell reason why to go out & fight for it so to replenish there stocks.

> > >

> > >

> >

> **>Your proposal makes the PvE world competitive. I don't want to play in maps where I am going to get beat on by people who are better than me where I come to slightly relax and work with others to gain reward in a less competitive and more cooperative atmosphere. **

>

> Dude, Besides events & Bosses, how much times do you spend replaying core Tyria maps vs the new maps? Not much i bet! Theres absolutely no problem of making some zones in core Tyria open world pvp. Since no one but new players plays them anymore. & how long do you think they stay. Cuz i'm pretty sure your time investing in relaxing in core Tyria is not that much as well. So plzzz. Find me another excuse. FYI, I'm not suggesting open world on the new maps or new expansion. Just special zones in core Tyria.

>

>

Giving PvP/GvG/WvWer players variety and depth like new special zones sounds very exciting. What is Obsidium Sanctum used for Anet? I don't want to hyperpole Anet but please give us some meaningful depth in WvW/PvP. The notion of fighting for some kind of meaning will ignite the spirit of "Guild Wars". I can never complain about the PvE aspect of the game which is immaculate and I have not even entered PoF yet but unlocked it for the Elite Specialization for WvW/PvP. I wished WvW/PvP was just as polished as PvE and more PvP players wouldn't been going to BDO or other mmorpgs. I heard in BDO you can build your own fort or castle and defend it against other guilds for loot/money/land. Sorry for the rant. I totally agree with something new for WvW in all aspects.