scourge

cobracommander.5861

> @cobracommander.5861 said:

> I've played necro since almost launch, and I can honestly say that scourge is ruining wvw. I'm not even sure how to fix it without just eliminating it entirely and starting over. But it's ruining the gameplay. Something needs to be done.

With the OP. I've mained since launch but I have to say, it's out of control and mindless play. Just about any player in the game from skill 0-10 can go in and press 1 button, apply a billion conditions. Needs nerfed.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Coldtart.4785 said:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition#Skills_that_remove_conditions

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition#Traits_that_remove_conditions

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resistance

What do they do vs a scourge ? Most or nearly all just re-apply the same amount of condis anyway even if do burst condi clear OR sustain my condo clears. Resistance could work in a 1v1 but since this is wvw and it's mostly zerg fights, it's even silly to take that there's days

I play warrior, we got badly nerfed and the necromancers got buffed.

Nobody can win a melee fight against a scourge.

Your class is absolutely broken. You know it and yet still pretend you arent because you are scared of a nerf.

I wish your class become a farmable class that lose almost all duels like mine so you understand how unpleasant you are to other players at the moment.

No skill class that hit 80 players and the only skill it require is click on button. Not even a combo.

They cried about the spellbreaker hitting 5 players.

Necromancers are a disgrace to pvp.

Fail.

> @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> Meh, my guild handles scourges fine. You just need to utilize positioning more and create a fast opening for the melee to enter.

>

... you mean using your guilds scourges to prevent the enemy from outmanouvering you and then use all their condi/fears on the enemy so that the melee can push?

Will you stfu about scourge already? I'm so sick of the hate.. SB bubbles are worse and so are the power revs that pretty much 1 shot. Scourge is part of the game, so get used to it. Add a cooldown on Firebrand tome skills too if they do it to scourges. If ppl wanna stop playing scourge because it's too easy for them, which to another class. Scourge is fun to play.

**The problem WvW has with classes is that they ONLY want certain classes.** If you don't want a class that counters another you can't really call "Nerf! FKN OP scourge.. My frontline Spellbreaker, firebrand and rev can't handle this.. fix that broken class!"

> @Nemesis.7896 said:

> Nobody can win a melee fight against a scourge.

>

> Your class is absolutely broken. You know it and yet still pretend you arent because you are scared of a nerf.

>

> I wish your class become a farmable class that lose almost all duels like mine so you understand how unpleasant you are to other players at the moment.

>

Maybe your skill has something to do with this?

Scourge shade and shade skills currently are too spammable, i think each shade duration should be reduced on each shade skill use(-5sec per use). That means dropping 3 shades and spam shade skill will burn out all shades. Recharge of shade and shade skill damage can be readjust to balance it out. Either burn shade skill gast for burst damage but long shade down time or more sustain damge and less shade down time.

Doing so a scourge will have to decide whether to cover 3 areas for area for large area skill burn or save up 1 or 2 shades for more sustain attack. Also if a scourge spam all 3 shades at once, he will be running out of shade quickily and give opening to enemy.

> @Arzurag.7506 said:

> How to counter scourge: Stay at Range!!! Stay out of their fields!!!

>

> Done, you´ll win against any scourge in 1v1 now.

> 1v2 and 1v3 is another story though.

> But you can´t expect to win outnumbered anyway.

I basically can handle 1v1 no problem but I have almost never seen a solo scourge roamer. But I've duelled against some privately and definitely can manage to kite them. But out in the field they are always with someone. If it's 1vX with a scourge it is near impossible to win. With other classes, still possible. So they are really quite dangerous and I don't like them one bit. But I don't think they need a huge nerf or anything. Slight adjustments would be nice...

> @takatsu.9416 said:

> > @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > How to counter scourge: Stay at Range!!! Stay out of their fields!!!

> >

> > Done, you´ll win against any scourge in 1v1 now.

> > 1v2 and 1v3 is another story though.

> > But you can´t expect to win outnumbered anyway.

>

> I basically can handle 1v1 no problem but I have almost never seen a solo scourge roamer. But I've duelled against some privately and definitely can manage to kite them. But out in the field they are always with someone. If it's 1vX with a scourge it is near impossible to win. With other classes, still possible. So they are really quite dangerous and I don't like them one bit. But I don't think they need a huge nerf or anything. Slight adjustments would be nice...

On my ranger it's easy peasy to wipe out any scourges I target within a group, doesn't matter what size; small scale, large zerg, they don't stand a chance. They can barrier up as much as they want, it gets knocked out in 1-2 hits, then they drop shortly after. They have 0 defense when it comes to rangers targeting them; they are basically sitting ducks. Rangers (and I imagine ranged thieves too), are the hard counter to scourges, just like scourges are the hard counter to melee.

That is the crux of the issue, players and/or squad leaders generally don't want rangers or thieves in the group. It essentially means, squad leaders want their melee vulnerable.

> @DeadlySynz.3471 said:

> > @takatsu.9416 said:

> > > @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > > How to counter scourge: Stay at Range!!! Stay out of their fields!!!

> > >

> > > Done, you´ll win against any scourge in 1v1 now.

> > > 1v2 and 1v3 is another story though.

> > > But you can´t expect to win outnumbered anyway.

> >

> > I basically can handle 1v1 no problem but I have almost never seen a solo scourge roamer. But I've duelled against some privately and definitely can manage to kite them. But out in the field they are always with someone. If it's 1vX with a scourge it is near impossible to win. With other classes, still possible. So they are really quite dangerous and I don't like them one bit. But I don't think they need a huge nerf or anything. Slight adjustments would be nice...

>

> On my ranger it's easy peasy to wipe out any scourges I target within a group, doesn't matter what size; small scale, large zerg, they don't stand a chance. They can barrier up as much as they want, it gets knocked out in 1-2 hits, then they drop shortly after. They have 0 defense when it comes to rangers targeting them; they are basically sitting ducks. Rangers (and I imagine ranged thieves too), are the hard counter to scourges, just like scourges are the hard counter to melee.

>

> That is the crux of the issue, players and/or squad leaders generally don't want rangers or thieves in the group. It essentially means, squad leaders want their melee vulnerable.

>

>

So you are saying they could expand the meta? HERESY!!

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @DeadlySynz.3471 said:

> > > @takatsu.9416 said:

> > > > @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > > > How to counter scourge: Stay at Range!!! Stay out of their fields!!!

> > > >

> > > > Done, you´ll win against any scourge in 1v1 now.

> > > > 1v2 and 1v3 is another story though.

> > > > But you can´t expect to win outnumbered anyway.

> > >

> > > I basically can handle 1v1 no problem but I have almost never seen a solo scourge roamer. But I've duelled against some privately and definitely can manage to kite them. But out in the field they are always with someone. If it's 1vX with a scourge it is near impossible to win. With other classes, still possible. So they are really quite dangerous and I don't like them one bit. But I don't think they need a huge nerf or anything. Slight adjustments would be nice...

> >

> > On my ranger it's easy peasy to wipe out any scourges I target within a group, doesn't matter what size; small scale, large zerg, they don't stand a chance. They can barrier up as much as they want, it gets knocked out in 1-2 hits, then they drop shortly after. They have 0 defense when it comes to rangers targeting them; they are basically sitting ducks. Rangers (and I imagine ranged thieves too), are the hard counter to scourges, just like scourges are the hard counter to melee.

> >

> > That is the crux of the issue, players and/or squad leaders generally don't want rangers or thieves in the group. It essentially means, squad leaders want their melee vulnerable.

> >

> >

>

> So you are saying they could expand the meta? HERESY!!

Melee at the front and ranged in the backline. Rangers using bow, shooting from behind like in old fashioned medival-rts-games like stronghold.

It will never happen but this is how I whish wvw would be.

> @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @DeadlySynz.3471 said:

> > > > @takatsu.9416 said:

> > > > > @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > > > > How to counter scourge: Stay at Range!!! Stay out of their fields!!!

> > > > >

> > > > > Done, you´ll win against any scourge in 1v1 now.

> > > > > 1v2 and 1v3 is another story though.

> > > > > But you can´t expect to win outnumbered anyway.

> > > >

> > > > I basically can handle 1v1 no problem but I have almost never seen a solo scourge roamer. But I've duelled against some privately and definitely can manage to kite them. But out in the field they are always with someone. If it's 1vX with a scourge it is near impossible to win. With other classes, still possible. So they are really quite dangerous and I don't like them one bit. But I don't think they need a huge nerf or anything. Slight adjustments would be nice...

> > >

> > > On my ranger it's easy peasy to wipe out any scourges I target within a group, doesn't matter what size; small scale, large zerg, they don't stand a chance. They can barrier up as much as they want, it gets knocked out in 1-2 hits, then they drop shortly after. They have 0 defense when it comes to rangers targeting them; they are basically sitting ducks. Rangers (and I imagine ranged thieves too), are the hard counter to scourges, just like scourges are the hard counter to melee.

> > >

> > > That is the crux of the issue, players and/or squad leaders generally don't want rangers or thieves in the group. It essentially means, squad leaders want their melee vulnerable.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > So you are saying they could expand the meta? HERESY!!

>

> Melee at the front and ranged in the backline. Rangers using bow, shooting from behind like in old fashioned medival-rts-games like stronghold.

> It will never happen but this is how I whish wvw would be.

Too much Ranger hate from commanders. They offer only damage potential, and most people view it as too much single target. Power rev, power ranger both offer initial help. Wreck the scourges and time the push...

When the play style people like becomes less viable, (which they state makes it less fun to play against) instead of adapting, many take the opportunity to complain about the class changes that caused the play style change.

I don't suggest the current mix or 'balance' (said very tongue-in-cheek) is good or bad, but there are very viable counters if people are willing to adapt.

Honestly, I said it earlier, this is a way to make power burst builds more viable...

Weaver, ranger(and variants), deadeye. Not to mention making power rev more viable also.

> @boolah.1325 said:

> Will you kitten about scourge already? I'm so sick of the hate.. SB bubbles are worse and so are the power revs that pretty much 1 shot. Scourge is part of the game, so get used to it. Add a cooldown on Firebrand tome skills too if they do it to scourges. If ppl wanna stop playing scourge because it's too easy for them, which to another class. Scourge is fun to play.

>

> **The problem WvW has with classes is that they ONLY want certain classes.** If you don't want a class that counters another you can't really call "Nerf! kitten OP scourge.. My frontline Spellbreaker, firebrand and rev can't handle this.. fix that broken class!"

>

> > @Nemesis.7896 said:

> > Nobody can win a melee fight against a scourge.

> >

> > Your class is absolutely broken. You know it and yet still pretend you arent because you are scared of a nerf.

> >

> > I wish your class become a farmable class that lose almost all duels like mine so you understand how unpleasant you are to other players at the moment.

> >

>

> Maybe your skill has something to do with this?

Sb bubbles are worse then being bombarded with no target aoe spam ? Ok then,this forum officially lost its fucking mind.

everytime funny to see that all the people are fine with 40k weaver one shoots and 20k+ deadeye in invis, and 20k+ mesmer shatter in invis but scourge with 1 stack torment for 2 seconds on a f skill is OP? i just can lough about all this skilless flamers that dont realize, that a class without any stability and mobility stands in front of them. in earlier days people reaped necros because of no stabi and no mobility. but all the pve heroes here are flaming scourge because they dont can play without perma invul and just yolo push staff 1 spamm to win against necro xD.

so retarded

From my experience one of the easiest classes against a Scourge is a Longbow Druid. That is super easy to fight a Scourge with, fairly easy even in a 2v1. Any ranged class with enough evade should have no problem fighting Scourges, but that doesn't change the fact that they are pure cancer along with Spellbreakers and downright broken.