Mounts feel useless

There are so few places in game that you can use these. Can't use them in WvW, Can't use them in pvp or dungeons, the only time its useful is if you're doing map completion otherwise you have all the waypoints unlocked and you only use them in tiny bursts to get to some meta event just to stand around. They need to expand the uses of these things and make it so that we can use them in all game modes or something.

They feel fairly pointless currently although I do like them, i just wish there were more places where they were useful.

In comparison to WoW, mounts are used everywhere to get around, in virtually all game modes, but not in GW2.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> for other game modes like wvw and pvp they could lower their speed to swiftness speed (33%) and get rid of the mount skills, that would balance it, and then we could at least use them.

I see no sense.

They should work on a swiftness reskin just beause reasons?

What about the dismount time then?

I'd prefer to know that they are working on something else.

Like buffing Scourge.

What's the point using mounts in WvW if they don't have their abilities? And with their abilities they can be seriously abused.

Where exactly would you run with your mount in PVP? It would completely negate the reason for high mobility builds to exist.

Only reason to use a mount inside a dungeon/fractal/raid is to skip content or find ways to abuse the terrain.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > for other game modes like wvw and pvp they could lower their speed to swiftness speed (33%) and get rid of the mount skills, that would balance it, and then we could at least use them.

>

> I see no sense.

> They should work on a swiftness reskin just beause reasons?

> What about the dismount time then?

>

> I'd prefer to know that they are working on something else.

> Like buffing Scourge.

swiftness on demand seems like it would be a good thing, and factoring in dismount time i think would bring in new strategy. You also have to factor in the mounts hit points which are around 7k. They could make it so that if your mount dies and you get dismounted due to damage you come out of it stunned for 3 seconds like what happens when you get killed in a golemn in wvw.

As someone who has played almost every MMORPG out there since they first started showing up, I can suggest that mounts are used in the same manner as all the other games:

1. Avoid mobs (run past them and through them)

2. Get to locations before other players who don't have mounts can get to them

They are also used to great advantage for vistas and jumping puzzles.

I have seen several instances where players have great expertise (read that to mean "use of scripts") that let them ride somewhere, jump off, grab "whatever", and jump back on in an instant, so they also have utility for cheating...

So I wouldn't call them useless at all.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > What's the point using mounts in WvW if they don't have their abilities?

>

> To get from point a to point b alot faster?

>

> Not every class has fancy teleports and/or runspeed signets.

>

>

Every class has a 25 percent speed and swiftness. If you want to move castel trade something else for it.

So far, the only argument made here is, "mounts should be in WvW because that seems fun." I support the sentiment.

That doesn't mean it would be worth ANet's time to figure out how to completely rebalance mobility, deal with special mount abilities, account for non-PoF owners, ensure that there are sufficient gaps between objectives so that a 40-person zerg can't run the map, and so on. That's all a lot more work than it sounds.

PS I hope the OP removes the factually incorrect claims made in the initial post. Mounts are usable _everywhere_ in the game _except_ WvW, pre-PoF stories, and small map instances (including PvP, dungeons, fractals, & existing raids — all areas where there's no room for mount travel).

I think mounts should be uniquely in wvw, so, not the normal mounts.

I'm pleading for 2 mounts.

Warg: kind of like the raptor, can only be used in your own zones, and has an engaging move.

Dolyak: just slightly faster, but when mounted you can pass a supply deposit and carry +15 to drop somewhere. Handy for a big siege move

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

>

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > What's the point using mounts in WvW if they don't have their abilities?

> >

> > To get from point a to point b alot faster?

> >

> > Not every class has fancy teleports and/or runspeed signets.

> >

> >

>

> Every class has a 25 percent speed and swiftness. If you want to move castel trade something else for it.

>

Yeah I love wasting my elite slot just to spam Signet of Rage for the Swiftness, lul.

Get real, we both know that there is a huge disparity between the classes when it comes to general getting-around-ness.

Mounts in WvW would be a good thing because of it.

Given up to this point mounts weren't a thing, most content would require lots of retooling to add mounts to it. There's a lot of invisible walls in older content.

In WOW almost of all the dungeons don't allow mounts. They just made them really short in later expansions, but the vanilla dungeons were long and no mounts. In some raids yes there was mounts available, but never flying mounts since they didn't want you skipping content. They might give you a mount to fly on but it's a vehicle not so much a mount.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> >

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > > What's the point using mounts in WvW if they don't have their abilities?

> > >

> > > To get from point a to point b alot faster?

> > >

> > > Not every class has fancy teleports and/or runspeed signets.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Every class has a 25 percent speed and swiftness. If you want to move castel trade something else for it.

> >

>

> Yeah I love wasting my elite slot just to spam Signet of Rage for the Swiftness, lul.

>

> Get real, we both know that there is a huge disparity between the classes when it comes to general getting-around-ness.

>

> Mounts in WvW would be a good thing because of it.

A speed buff is more than most get out of their elite slot.

I don't think it'd be that hard to reconfigure mount abilities for wvw. Look at gliding, in pve dodging while gliding stealths you, but in wvw, dodging while gliding dodges..sometimes, but it doesn't stealth. This was hard for me to get used to, because I'm constantly stealthing in pve while gliding, I even try unsuccessfully to do it while on griffon sometimes.

Anyway, I don't think it'd be that hard to give wvw (non exploitable) mounts dfferent abilities or no abilities at all, but if mounts were added and they were only available to POF owners, I think gliding should be opened to everyone (even those without HOT) for alittle balance.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> Every class has a 25 percent speed and swiftness.

Guardians would like to have a word with you... And before you say "Use your staff" remember that Arena Net changed Guardians Symbols to buff per tick instead of a single instance... So if I actually want a meaningful ammount of swiftness from the symbol, I need to actually stand on it for the duration, which mean I'm wasting time standing instead of running.