Who is your favorite mentor from personal story?

Mea.5491

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgal for me. I like to think of my character as being in her mid to late teens, a young and carefree type who's still learning the ways of the world. And Forgal was this old graying warrior who has seen everything and fought countless battles. The old warrior takes this young kid under his wing, teaching her everything he can about battle. And then, in one final stand of glory, he passes the torch to her, giving up his life that she might live to carry on what he taught her the rest of her life. The events of this part of her story forging her from a headstrong kid into a more level headed warrior.

Simple as it might be, I'm a total sucker for this type of story writing. XD

side note: it's been years since I last did these missions and some parts might have been changed a bit in my memory over time ^^;

> @Mea.5491 said:

> Can anyone explain the love for Tybalt? I've done the Whispers storyline a few times but I thought he was boring. No offence, I'm just curious. ;)

Can't speak for others, but for me he was the most memorable character (altough I really liked Sieran too). He also breaks the stereotype of Charr being all military and gruff.

His VA was pretty good too.

I loved Tybalt, but honestly, I love Sieran even more. I loved how cheerful she was. I chose the Durmand Priory on my first playthrough and Sieran was my favorite character by far in a sea of boring and dull cardboard standups. I never looked on the forums or other spoiler-filled places when I first started playing and when she died it shocked me quite a bit...

I honestly didn't like the Vigil storyline, ( Or guardians, ) so I deleted my Vigil guardian character. I never liked the amount of Forgal I got to see so I'm not doing it again.

> @Dashiva.6149 said:

> > @Mea.5491 said:

> > Can anyone explain the love for Tybalt?

> His VA was pretty good too.

Yes, it was indeed.

I liked all three VAs. Much as I think _Forgal_ is an unimaginative trope, [Paul Eiding](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Paul_Eiding) nailed the performance. And whatever my concerns are about _Tybalt_, [Jim Ward](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jim_Ward) also did a great job. (I still prefer [Julia McIlvaine](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Julia_McIlvaine) & Sieran, but then, I also think the character had the most to work with.)

> @Mea.5491 said:

> Can anyone explain the love for Tybalt? I've done the Whispers storyline a few times but I thought he was boring. No offence, I'm just curious. ;)

For me it's he was like the big brother type.

He isn't like other Charrs I've seen in the game except for one I think in Blazeridge who asks his friend if he was Catnapped, and even then he's not a "big" character.

While I do like Rytlock, he's still like other Charrs. Rugged, a bit grumpy, growling voice, either annoyed or serious or snotty, and usually war-hungry.

Tybalt "IS" none of those. He was carefree, he seemed to like what he was doing, who he was, and didn't need any type of war or fighting to get enjoyment. He was more down to earth as well and seems like the casual type. I found him awesome and I'm not really much of a person that like Charrs except for a very very select few.

I like Charrs more than Norn, but still... very very select few.

For me, Forgal was too much like a Norn going through an alcoholic withdrawal. He was a bit too serious and a bit too annoyed at things for my liking. At the end he did loosen up a bit more, but even then he felt like he could've either been well... Norn or those Charrs I mentioned that I'm not really a fan of.

Sieran felt fake. Way too fake. Too happy all the time and like she's putting on a face. Even when she had to go kill herself she still was all high hearted and "cherry" (cheery) in a way. I just can't stand people like that as they always seems like they can't be themselves and have to be super optimistic to be accepted. I just have low tolerance in things like that.

I have no clue what happens to Tybalt on the island as I've 1st completed as Vigil then I was just at that mission on my Order's character until I started to work on a 3rd character and went through Priory.

Saw what happened in Vigil... saw it was the same thing as Priory... I made my decision to never complete my Orders character ever as I really don't think I can stomach that happening to Tybalt.

> @"Teofa Tsavo.9863" said:

> > @Mea.5491 said:

> > Can anyone explain the love for Tybalt? I've done the Whispers storyline a few times but I thought he was boring. No offence, I'm just curious. ;)

>

> Tis baffling to me as well.

His comments during the mission where he magically turns into a human girl.

Also, his voice actor is quite good. Well above average for GW2.