Would you like to be able to use BOTH of your elite specializations at the same time?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't and won't do this, but I do wish that the system were a *bit* more flexible than it is. Like I wish that mastering one elite spec would *permanently* unlock its new weapon for all future specs, because the primary reason I don't play a Deadeye is because I can't use a Staff with it. Yes, the new weapon would be *better* if you used the spec it was intended for, since there are traits designed to buff up what it can do, but at least you could still use it.

At the very least I wish that they had an official method of swapping loadouts, so I could set myself up as a Daredevil and as a Deadeye and swap between them at a single button press.

That would be way too unbalanced and it wont make them unique and special elite spec if we had the possibly to merge them so you can use them both.

No thanks. I have two different characters with the HoT elite spec and the other with PoF elite spec to make it more cooler and nicer.

I wish you could master the elite and unlock the weapon for use (permanent)

I think you should be limited to one line of elite traits at a time.

I play exclusively PvE, mostly open world (rare dungeons & raids but I do mean rare).

I mostly play Guardian (Dragon Hunter & Firebrand)

I think the longbow from dragon hunter is HUGE for access to a ranged weapon type for guardian and am frustrated when I need to fall back on the scepter as my ranged option as a Guard/Firebrand. I don't mind using sword/greatsword or even mace/hammer as my melee weapon, but I really enjoy the way that Axe works.

I'm not sure how well NOT requiring you to have an elite spec to use the weapons would go though, as you could then trait 3 other lines but still use the elite weapons. I don't think it would be crazy... but it would mean there was a distinct advantage (with no draw back) to people who had bought expansions and those who hadn't. buy the expansion and you get the elite weapon in the base class (essentially). Compared to now where you do have to give up a trait line to access it, which helps balance elites vs. normal.

No, it's nice not to have to cope with the tinnitus inducing sound effect from alacrity anymore. ;)

Also on a serious note it's nice to have distinct differences, especially once we get 3, 4 and perhaps even 5 elite specs per class in the future (depending on number of remaining expansions before Anet shelve gw2). That will provide a substantial number of different "classes" allowing players to further definte their own niche and unique playstyle, making their class their own.

> @Ohoni.6057 said:

> They can't and won't do this, but I do wish that the system were a *bit* more flexible than it is. Like I wish that mastering one elite spec would *permanently* unlock its new weapon for all future specs, because the primary reason I don't play a Deadeye is because I can't use a Staff with it. Yes, the new weapon would be *better* if you used the spec it was intended for, since there are traits designed to buff up what it can do, but at least you could still use it.

I strongly agree with this. If ArenaNet introduces in the future, for example, a long range condition weapon for Guardians (one of the few kinds of build they lack)... What weapon could be used as the second slot combination? The only melee main hand weapon the Guardians have that do condition damage is the axe, which is restricted to the Firebrand.

IMO, the specialization mechanic is not good enough.

> @Lunarlife.5128 said:

> It's a biased survey as YES!!! is very much more emphasized than NO.

I'm not so sure that that would cause bias.

However, there aren't any middle grounds between yes and no and my answer would be "Yes, because who wouldn't want to use both a sniper rifle and be able to spam 5 on staff to crush anything that gets too close," but then there's the fact that it turns out that I don't like DeadEye at all, so even if I could use both DeadEye and DareDevil, I would still probably only use DareDevil...

NO...

That doesn't even make sense.

I wouldn't mind using the weapons of one Elite while using the other elite (you can use core weapons in DH, so it would make some sense that after you learn to use a bow, you suddenly don't forget to use it).

But using Both elite's Traits and utilities is just an utter mess, and makes little, sense, while at the same time it would definitely be a nightmare to balance, and i'm not even sure it would be possible for them to even do it... I mean, scourge+ Reaper... You couldn't use shroud+ sand shades... Same thing for DH. Dual Elements + Overloads would be a bit OP in Tempest+Weaver. Etc.