Would you play in Palawadan if it didn't have such high rewards?

My one request is to remove chests during the event. Im constantly pulled out of the mission to loot them, or missing out on half the loots since all chests reset after Iberu’s death.

Instead, can’t all chests apear after Iberu’s death, and a popup chest whose quality depends on how many events you’ve done

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I farmed the map for a bit more then the first week. I did it for the rewards but that doesn't mean I didn't have fun while doing it. Moved on after that, there are plenty of good places to farm in the game now. I don't trying and mid/max like some people, just find something I enjoy and play it till I want to move on then I do. Might circle back around to it, might not. Unless rewards are horrible for something I normally don't care either way cause I know if I ever need to get some gold I can farm from one of the many different places to earn some fast.

> @"Wanze.8410" said:

> I just find it funny that since PoF got released, everybody ran around praising Joko on social networks but as soon as they were given the chance to steal loot from him, they farmed his City to the ground.

This comes as a shock why? I mean really.. players would raze Divinity Reach to the ground (mid winter festival no less) if it gave them loot.. and we all know and accept this.

I feel they got it right with the HoT event structure, then took a big step backward with PoF. Istan is a step back in the right direction, in my opinion. Regardless, large scale group events must be rewarding in order to attract sufficient players. Nobody is going to enjoy trying to solo the place and coming up with no loot!

So I guess my answer is both: I genuinely enjoy the events in Istan, but I require them to be rewarding.

> @"uhhsam.1203" said:

> I would prefer if the loot just dropped in shaking chests as you completed events rather than having to run all over the place opening in-world boxes. Or at least if they would be auto-lootable like some other chests.

I wouldn't normally mind looting physical chests, but it's problematic DURING an event in PoF/Istan as the terrain often makes it difficult to get around without a mount. So what happens is you dismount to loot a chest, get stuck in combat with a level 84 health sponge, and by the time you are able to catch up with the group half the bosses are already dead!

I really wish they would cut back on the number of things that dismount you in this game. Talking to NPCs and interacting with objects should not necessarily dismount you!

So there are at least 18 ppl who are lying to themselves, no one would do that event if Anet removed/nerfed that loot into the ground, if anything, its something that Anet has learnt the hard way, there are some great events in the game now that give little to no loot, or the loot is very subpar for the event, and you just don't see people doing it at all,

The only sad thing is, the Palawadan event in the 20-30 mins it runs, gives better loot that an entire 1+ hour Dragon Stand run, and that is just shocking, Anet should see this event is bringing players in, and instead of nerfing it, adjust other events in the game so that players spread out, and do different things.

In my opinion, the amount and value of the rewards should be linear with the time and difficulty investment.

IMHO Istan fails poorly on both. The event is on a fixed schedule with no pre-events, and it's content is as easy as any core world boss. Whether you win or lose is not a question of skill but whether you're on a closing map or not.

Long story short, the meta event is fun in itself, but it's reward are five times too good for the effort asked by players.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > I just find it funny that since PoF got released, everybody ran around praising Joko on social networks but as soon as they were given the chance to steal loot from him, they farmed his City to the ground.

>

> 1) I never praised him

> 2) we are NOT stealing. we are liberating!

2) Event says we are raiding it for supplies, doesnt sound like liberating to me.

> @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > I just find it funny that since PoF got released, everybody ran around praising Joko on social networks but as soon as they were given the chance to steal loot from him, they farmed his City to the ground.

> >

> > 1) I never praised him

> > 2) we are NOT stealing. we are liberating!

>

> 2) Event says we are raiding it for supplies, doesnt sound like liberating to me.

Theoretically, we are helping the locals recover what Joko's flunkies have stolen. The reason so much ends up in our own private inventory is...um...politics? Let's just call it our 'percentage' of the haul.

One of the many ways GW2 is morally ambiguous.

Being rewarded well and having fun content is how to get people playing that content. Remove one and you will find very little people spending time there. Since people tend to find differ on what they think is "fun" the best way to get people is through rewards. Remove the rewards on any part of the game and you will find a drastic reduction in players running that content. I still like running dungeons but the rewards aren't there anymore so I do other things. Just like most players, as is shown by how many groups you can find with an LFM up for a dungeon that is not a daily. Fun is relative but most can agree getting rare shinies is just about always fun.

> @"Wanze.8410" said:

> I just find it funny that since PoF got released, everybody ran around praising Joko on social networks but as soon as they were given the chance to steal loot from him, they farmed his City to the ground.

Everyone? _Some_ people praised Joko; most didn't. _Some_ people farm Istan to excess; many do not. The overlap of people who first praised Joko and then looted his town probably isn't all that large a group.

Further, I have to think that Joko would approve: he made an entire career of vanquisher taking from the vanquished. He would expect former followers to, erm, follow in his footsteps.

It's ok'ish. I'd be happy if they'd nerf it though. Like other people I think that the "meta" is too rewarding for the little effort you have to put into, especially considering you can't fail it. It would be good if they would disable the multi-loot and the chest-respawn and instead raise the chance to get rare/golden unidentified gear to keep the rather low prices for named Sunspear/Mordant/Forged-Items stable. There should also be a reward for event-participation like in the HoT-maps so people who actually put an effort into the meta get graded rewards. I guess I'd be happy then and would do it more often.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > > I just find it funny that since PoF got released, everybody ran around praising Joko on social networks but as soon as they were given the chance to steal loot from him, they farmed his City to the ground.

> > >

> > > 1) I never praised him

> > > 2) we are NOT stealing. we are liberating!

> >

> > 2) Event says we are raiding it for supplies, doesnt sound like liberating to me.

>

> Theoretically, we are helping the locals recover what Joko's flunkies have stolen. The reason so much ends up in our own private inventory is...um...politics? Let's just call it our 'percentage' of the haul.

>

> One of the many ways GW2 is morally ambiguous.

Have you done the heart at Champion's Dawn? You gain more karma for not giving food to the hungry villagers.

I'd play it once in a while. I already only do it if I happen to be in Istan and have nothing better to do. I find Palawadan exhausting. It's way too long and way too fast paced. There are always mobs so it's constant combat. Nothing gives you a little time to slow down in the middle or something. I definitely can't bring myself to farm it, despite the rewards. In this aspect, I prefer the GH meta, since it's at least short.

I also find the mechanics somewhat meh and think it has too many mobs. The chests are too spread out, also. Ideally, you would have event -> reward -> event -> reward, etc, where event is fast fast fast action packed and the reward stage is chill looting. Currently the two phases blend into each other because tons of mobs swarm you. It'd be nice if once you liberate an area the number of mobs decreased greatly instead of being enough to swarm stragglers.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> On the subject of nerfs ... there does not seem to be any other decent alternative to getting volatile magic so I would hope they pay attention to what they are nerfing if it happens.

Good point. I imagine when LS4.2 comes out, we'll have other sources. Over time, it became easier and easier to get unbound during LS3; I imagine we'll see something similar for VM. Generally, it's easier for ANet (and better for the game) is the sources are too stingy. Then ANet can tone it down and we forget the difficulty. (In contrast, being too generous at first leads to cranky players: look at the anger for the inevitable nerf of AB/ML.)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > On the subject of nerfs ... there does not seem to be any other decent alternative to getting volatile magic so I would hope they pay attention to what they are nerfing if it happens.

>

> Good point. I imagine when LS4.2 comes out, we'll have other sources. Over time, it became easier and easier to get unbound during LS3; I imagine we'll see something similar for VM. Generally, it's easier for ANet (and better for the game) is the sources are too stingy. Then ANet can tone it down and we forget the difficulty. (In contrast, being too generous at first leads to cranky players: look at the anger for the inevitable nerf of AB/ML.)

Currently Kralkatite is over 5 times worse than the worst(berries) conversion of items to unbound magic. Even if that wasn't the case the sources of Kralkatite isn't all that great either.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > On the subject of nerfs ... there does not seem to be any other decent alternative to getting volatile magic so I would hope they pay attention to what they are nerfing if it happens.

> >

> > Good point. I imagine when LS4.2 comes out, we'll have other sources. Over time, it became easier and easier to get unbound during LS3; I imagine we'll see something similar for VM. Generally, it's easier for ANet (and better for the game) is the sources are too stingy. Then ANet can tone it down and we forget the difficulty. (In contrast, being too generous at first leads to cranky players: look at the anger for the inevitable nerf of AB/ML.)

>

> Currently Kralkatite is over 5 times worse than the worst(berries) conversion of items to unbound magic. Even if that wasn't the case the sources of Kralkatite isn't all that great either.

I'd compare current conversion & farming rates to Bloodstone Rubies, i.e. LS3.1 to LS4.1. The introduction of LS3.3/Winterberries turned Unbound Magic from feeling unobtainable (to many people) to being farmable enough to convert to Mystic Bundles in bulk. Many still feel b-rubies can be a struggle, but I haven't seen recent complaints about getting UM.

That said, I'm not a fan of how we get kralk. I'd rather see fewer T6 nodes and some non-meteor strike Kralk nodes.