what a joke

gashen.3874

If I don't catch it after 2 rocket boots and a leap. I stealth and leave it coward away. But I do kind of agree. There should never of been the ability to move across a map like a thief, druid or mesmer. It is OP as all 3 are also very competitive. On a holosmith, if I rocket boot, I am fully exposed to a barrage of ranged attack, if I stealth, I am likely coming out when I hit something with my movements aoe. The others get to vanish, blink or stealth with little risk. Zero risk, much reward.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"gashen.3874" said:

> myself and about 20 others have just spent 10 minutes chasing a Mesmer around in the eternal battlegrounds,a complete joke. nobody could get anywhere near him or her.

> this really needs looking at and a bit of balancing is in order. I,m afraid wvw is a bit of a joke and needs a complete overhaul or scapping altogether.

Blame Anet for taking away their identity.

by the way,

Is this the Mesmer we are dealing with?

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mesmer

Certainly Not!!

The joke isn't on us but on the Mesmer players for being forcibly given a counterfeit Mesmer

Anet before designing Mirage: "Let's give the most slippery and annoying class to fight against 3 more blinks, stun break on dodge and extra evade uptime"

What could possibly go wrong with this game's pvp mode? I'd have laughed at 2nd comment too but unfortunately I know how hard it is to deal with mesmer roamers nowadays.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > @"gashen.3874" said:

> > > myself and about 20 others have just spent 10 minutes chasing a Mesmer around in the eternal battlegrounds,a complete joke. nobody could get anywhere near him or her.

> > > this really needs looking at and a bit of balancing is in order. I,m afraid wvw is a bit of a joke and needs a complete overhaul or scapping altogether.

> >

> > That thief you kicked from the squad because thieves just take up space without being useful, right? could have easily caught and killed that mesmer.

> >

> > But to be honest, I don't see the point in any WvW activity besides doing dailies for the Gift of Battle. It's cute how some people there care about a camp being captured. On the plus side, there are lots of other players who don't give a kitty about WvW. Yesterday I killed a veteran creature together with 2 "enemy" players. We killed it for the daily and moved on. When a group catches me from doing my daily camp capture, I just move to another map and take some other camp. You are a niche, so yeah, WvW is a joke, In agree.

>

> Idk why people kick thieves so much. its ridiculous. Thieves can do almost the highest damage in dps, and are best in condi. They Can stealth your whole team. Scout for your team. And track people down..... yea lets kick him.

>

Thieves even s/p aren't even that desirable in the current SPVP meta let alone WVW zergs. Maybe if you want to roam, but even then there are far better duelists than a thief. I think you overestimate thieves like many do. Disengaging = no-one wins, thieves can't contest nodes compared to many other builds and they are definitely not the strongest desired condi build for WVW groups. DE while can cheese in WVW is still gimmicky and at any decent SPVP rating DE is nullified--has no fast +1 utility-- and more of a hindered to a team when you could have a much better teamfighter - that doesn't mean it can't do well at lower games but that's not the point.

The same problem happened with a class called "rogues", the stealth stigma attaches a lot of hate even during times when they were far from Tier 1 or even tier 2.

To the OP if someone is disengaging then they are not winning, they are fighting off point and of course many builds can get away if they don't want to fight. The fact you had 20 people running after someone disengaging is more a misplay, it wouldn't matter if 100 people were chasing, if they have a proper gap and the right build they will get away no matter the numbers.

> @"Quarktastic.1027" said:

> I killed 2 mesmers while flipping a camp for my wvw dailies last week. I was playing a druid (badly) in full zerker gear. Maybe they were pve players like me who just wanted their gift of battle.

I'm sure that was the case. I too play my PvE thief in WvW for the GoB and I think the same whenever I win a fight. Every time I meet a real WvW player, I lose. I have no illusions, my gear is berserker and I don't even switch traits. Sincve I still win more often than I lose, I think most people in WvW are PvE players who need something there ^^

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > And here I thought mesmers weren’t even considered to be that fast. I would have thought that WvW players would have had someone who could use their speedboosts/skills to catch up and control skills to cripple.

> >

> > Mesmers are very close to being second in terms of sheer landspeed at this point, and generally have superior mobility to warriors on their more competitive builds, since power Nike warrior isn't a thing anymore.

> >

> > It's not uncommon or all that difficult (especially for chrono) for mesmers to outrun their foes, including some thief builds which elect not to run shortbow for sword, instead, which isn't uncommon in WvW since the vertical platforming often isn't worth it and since sword's blink distance is longer.

>

> Close to second? So they're in third place speedwise?

>

> Still would have thought that if a crowd of 20 is chasing a member of the 3rd fastest profession that some of them would have been one of first or second fastest (and gotten close enough to use control skills to slow them down further).

I don't think you quite fully read my post; that's with every profession maximizing landspeed potential. To which I said most people running competitive builds don't come close to doing, thus, they out-run their foes often, including thieves not using shortbow, which people do since sword's burst teleport per initiative is better while engaged in combat, and the sword itself is a solid weapon now.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> I agree. The idea that 20 people would waste their time chasing one character rather than actually contributing to their server's score is pretty much a joke.

>

> On the flip side, kudos to the mesmer who effectively singlehandedly removed 20 opposing players from the playing field.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > And here I thought mesmers weren’t even considered to be that fast. I would have thought that WvW players would have had someone who could use their speedboosts/skills to catch up and control skills to cripple.

> > >

> > > Mesmers are very close to being second in terms of sheer landspeed at this point, and generally have superior mobility to warriors on their more competitive builds, since power Nike warrior isn't a thing anymore.

> > >

> > > It's not uncommon or all that difficult (especially for chrono) for mesmers to outrun their foes, including some thief builds which elect not to run shortbow for sword, instead, which isn't uncommon in WvW since the vertical platforming often isn't worth it and since sword's blink distance is longer.

> >

> > Close to second? So they're in third place speedwise?

> >

> > Still would have thought that if a crowd of 20 is chasing a member of the 3rd fastest profession that some of them would have been one of first or second fastest (and gotten close enough to use control skills to slow them down further).

>

> I don't think you quite fully read my post; that's with every profession maximizing landspeed potential. To which I said most people running competitive builds don't come close to doing, thus, they out-run their foes often, including thieves not using shortbow, which people do since sword's burst teleport per initiative is better while engaged in combat, and the sword itself is a solid weapon now.

In that case, 20 WvW players chasing after one person built for speed and not combat was silly. As an above poster said, the only thing lacking was Benny Hill music to run with.

[Here, have a video](https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4pEF5cAkFXg)

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > I agree. The idea that 20 people would waste their time chasing one character rather than actually contributing to their server's score is pretty much a joke.

> > > > >

> > > > > On the flip side, kudos to the mesmer who effectively singlehandedly removed 20 opposing players from the playing field.

> > > >

> > > > WvW when it comes to "winning" the PPT is competitively a joke and poorly designed in regard to tedious gameplay that is contrary to a mass scale PvP mode, hence there is no reason to care about the score beyond the effect it has on which servers you might get next matchup. (which often means it is actually preferable to tank your score)

> > >

> > > The best reason to care about results in any form of competitive game is simple the desire to compete.

> >

> > Whoosh... The game isn't competitive...

>

> Every game is competitive if you want it to be. Competitiveness is in how you play, not what you play.

>

But the main competition in WvW is to see how much you can play as a group.

But I like sleep and am an Austrailist

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > And here I thought mesmers weren’t even considered to be that fast. I would have thought that WvW players would have had someone who could use their speedboosts/skills to catch up and control skills to cripple.

> > > >

> > > > Mesmers are very close to being second in terms of sheer landspeed at this point, and generally have superior mobility to warriors on their more competitive builds, since power Nike warrior isn't a thing anymore.

> > > >

> > > > It's not uncommon or all that difficult (especially for chrono) for mesmers to outrun their foes, including some thief builds which elect not to run shortbow for sword, instead, which isn't uncommon in WvW since the vertical platforming often isn't worth it and since sword's blink distance is longer.

> > >

> > > Close to second? So they're in third place speedwise?

> > >

> > > Still would have thought that if a crowd of 20 is chasing a member of the 3rd fastest profession that some of them would have been one of first or second fastest (and gotten close enough to use control skills to slow them down further).

> >

> > I don't think you quite fully read my post; that's with every profession maximizing landspeed potential. To which I said most people running competitive builds don't come close to doing, thus, they out-run their foes often, including thieves not using shortbow, which people do since sword's burst teleport per initiative is better while engaged in combat, and the sword itself is a solid weapon now.

>

> In that case, 20 WvW players chasing after one person built for speed and not combat was silly. As an above poster said, the only thing lacking was Benny Hill music to run with.

>

> [Here, have a video](https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4pEF5cAkFXg)

>

>

>

You're really not reading my post. I said that the builds used in the meta for mesmer have more mobility than the ones used for other professions, which is why they can outrun people. It's just that other professions have the *potential* to build all-in on mobility and outrun the mesmer even if it too builds all-in on mobility in terms of sheer land speed, but this does not include things like vertical terrain blinking etc.

I guess one of you wasn't a LB ranger with Sic'em? Mesmer would have melted faster than you can blink. But hey, why bring LB rangers to the party when they have nothing to offer right??? Especially against those pesky boon corrupting scourges. Not many of those around these days so definitely no need for LB rangers...

Lessons to be learned from this thread:

* Don't waste 10 minutes chasing anyone around in WvW

* Don't send 20 mice to chase a cat (send in a dog... or a racoon... or a guided missile).

* Instead of complaining about mechanics, ask skilled players how to prevent being outplayed in the future. (If even those gud@games can't offer an explanation, then maybe, but only maybe, there's a need for a change.)

if the marked buff after flipping keep was 20 mins, i could play with more than 20 for so long regularly. but they allways leave after 5 min thinking i am gone :(

(unless i kill someone in that time, wich is too risky with that many opponents around most of the time)^

for everyone being able to keep alot of people busy there are ways to deal with them quickly or with little time investment and only few people.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> I agree. The idea that 20 people would waste their time chasing one character rather than actually contributing to their server's score is pretty much a joke.

>

> On the flip side, kudos to the mesmer who effectively singlehandedly removed 20 opposing players from the playing field.

Technically he said "himself and about 20 others" so at the very least it was 21 players removed from the field.

> @"Brutal Augus.5917" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > I agree. The idea that 20 people would waste their time chasing one character rather than actually contributing to their server's score is pretty much a joke.

> >

> > On the flip side, kudos to the mesmer who effectively singlehandedly removed 20 opposing players from the playing field.

>

> Technically he said "himself and about 20 others" so at the very least it was 21 players removed from the field.

Yeah, I just figured that one person chasing one person was reasonable so it was the other 20 who were throwing away their efforts.

I agree. How can they be so cowardly to not fight all 20 of you all at once? But there is a way!

Just have a few people tail them, and have people posted at nearby structures. Then have the rest of you WP back and come from the opposite direction. Hide behind a corner and drop traps or whatever scummy AOEs have you, and make sure to SCREAM VEIL VEIL VEIL EMPOWER EMPOWER because as you all know you can't leave anything to chance. If you're not too confident remember you can build a ballsita on a cliff and you can hit them before they know what hit them! So on cue hit 111111 really hard and they'll probably pop invuls but just keep at it (WP back if dead!) and they'll eventually go down. Then remember to say "GG. Good GvG" when you run them down and include it the monthly montage that 5 people may skim through for a few seconds. It may take a few tries but you'll get the hang of it, and you will take your first steps towards defeating the grub.

Or you could realize you have something better to do than chase a lone player across the map. I dunno.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"gashen.3874" said:

> > myself and about 20 others have just spent 10 minutes chasing a Mesmer around in the eternal battlegrounds,a complete joke. nobody could get anywhere near him or her.

> > this really needs looking at and a bit of balancing is in order. I,m afraid wvw is a bit of a joke and needs a complete overhaul or scapping altogether.

>

> That thief you kicked from the squad because thieves just take up space without being useful, right? could have easily caught and killed that mesmer.

>

> But to be honest, I don't see the point in any WvW activity besides doing dailies for the Gift of Battle. It's cute how some people there care about a camp being captured. On the plus side, there are lots of other players who don't give a kitty about WvW. Yesterday I killed a veteran creature together with 2 "enemy" players. We killed it for the daily and moved on. When a group catches me from doing my daily camp capture, I just move to another map and take some other camp. You are a niche, so yeah, WvW is a joke, In agree.

This is why it'll be nice to play one of these upcoming games with no PvE in them.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

>

I'm just quoting this as it is a late entry in the 'best quotes of 2017' category.

Epic dumb game play by the 20+ chasers.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Lessons to be learned from this thread:

> * Don't waste 10 minutes chasing anyone around in WvW

> * Don't send 20 mice to chase a cat (send in a dog... or a racoon... or a guided missile).

> * Instead of complaining about mechanics, ask skilled players how to prevent being outplayed in the future. (If even those gud@games can't offer an explanation, then maybe, but only maybe, there's a need for a change.)

Ok, now do you win or even dent some toons?

You told us to ask, so I am asking.

Mirage, Spellbreaker, Thieves of any ilk, tell us how to do that on a Druid, Guard, and Elementalist, let alone a Revenant.

Mesmers are perhaps that one class thats still totally unbalanced compared to the rest of population in wvw. Its like a cheaters dream profession if u look at all those instaclicks, insane burst dps, ports, blink, distort, clones, invis.. except they actually designed it into the game. II'm still abit surprised he didn't just solo all you 20 guys, he must of been half asleep.