Guard -4600+ Burn Ticks What is going on?

EnderzShadow.2506

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > You don't know what happened. You are trying to hypothesize what did.

>

>

> My maths is based on the numbers coded into the game. Therefore, if your claim is correct, it **is** what happened.

>

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said

> > hack?

>

> No.

Hypothetically speaking, if it was you that this happened to....and at no time did you see a 'massive' and yes 23 stacks would indeed be a 'massive' set of burns.....

what would you think happened?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> You don't know what happened. You are trying to hypothesize what did.

>

> Combat log said "Guard hits for you 8956 Burn".

> There were only stacks of 2-3 burns at a time.

> I was in capricorn fighting on and off the 4th capture point, the bell, when it happened.

> I opened and checked the log multiple times.

>

> In the same fight, one of my teammates said the guard hit him for a single 10k burn.

>

> hack?

>

>

I played Burn Guard before, and its impossible to hit for 8K+ with a single stack of burn lol, more likely you get hitted by tourch, purging flames, JI, etc and didnt even realiazed...the combat log wont say

"20 stack of burn for 8000 damage

10 stack of torment for 4000 damage

10 stack of confusion for 4000..."

So again, that scenario that you are trying to describe cant happen, not on sPvP and not even on WvW that uses PvE gear and foods, nourishments and etc...a single stack of burn wont do 8 K damage, unless we talking about 2-3 stacks of burn that lasted for 10 secs+

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > You don't know what happened. You are trying to hypothesize what did.

> >

> > Combat log said "Guard hits for you 8956 Burn".

> > There were only stacks of 2-3 burns at a time.

> > I was in capricorn fighting on and off the 4th capture point, the bell, when it happened.

> > I opened and checked the log multiple times.

> >

> > In the same fight, one of my teammates said the guard hit him for a single 10k burn.

> >

> > hack?

> >

> >

>

> I played Burn Guard before, and its impossible to hit for 8K+ with a single stack of burn lol, more likely you get hitted by tourch, purging flames, JI, etc and didnt even realiazed...the combat log wont say

> "20 stack of burn for 8000 damage

> 10 stack of torment for 4000 damage

> 10 stack of confusion for 4000..."

>

> So again, that scenario that you are trying to describe cant happen, not on sPvP and not even on WvW that uses PvE gear and foods, nourishments and etc...a single stack of burn wont do 8 K damage, unless we talking about 2-3 stacks of burn that lasted for 10 secs+

eh, that's fair.

So the combat log goofed and piled it into one?

I asked if it was a hack cause things can indeed happen that you all will say is impossible.

Flying

Running super fast

I thought, hey, maybe this dude was gaming the system. /shrug

That WvW video is laughable.... you really deserved this defeat on video for not condi transfering or cleansing **a single condition**. Your a NECRO, you sir have no excuses to let a condi guardian erupt all his burn CDs onto you.

@EnderzShadow.2506

Did you take a picture of the combat log? A Guardian with just his Amulet/Rune/Traits (no might stacks) can't go higher than 485k on a single burn tick. Assuming the guardian had no damage modifiers via Might, to reach 10k damage per tick he would need to place 20 burn stacks on you... which is darn near impossible in this meta (and Anet's harsh nerfs to burn guardian that was PvE issues to begin with).

Odds are he was a Power Guardian and the 8k red number you saw was you getting hit with something like [shield of Wrath](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield_of_Wrath "Shield of Wrath"). The explosion from that ability can hit 8k. I don't think you realized he was a Power or Hybrid Guardian if that was the case.

OP is either a troll or dumb. whoever calls burn guard op should go back to playing candy crush cuz he has no sense for pvp. i wonder why this post has over 50 comments. burn guards have alrdy been discussed so many times and its the same as always. an easy counterable gimmick build to pick up on noobs with rabbit rank that just joined the game and dont know the difference between condi and power dmg / how to cleanse condis.

> @"Toron.4856" said:

> OP is either a troll or dumb. whoever calls burn guard op should go back to playing candy crush cuz he has no sense for pvp. i wonder why this post has over 50 comments. burn guards have alrdy been discussed so many times and its the same as always. an easy counterable gimmick build to pick up on noobs with rabbit rank that just joined the game and dont know the difference between condi and power dmg / how to cleanse condis.

In addition, Ranger/Necro/Warrior/Thief/Mesmer/Ele/Engi/Rev all have meta builds that can demolish - if not straight up counter - Burn Guardian.

That's how great our burn build is... aka it's a trash nub-stomper build.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > For everyone whining about instant one-shot bursts; wehter it be guard mesmer or thief.

> >

> > THEY are called glass cannons. They CANNOT 1v1. they rely on a tank to distract you so they can fire at you freely. the best way to deal with this is to not get into 2v1 situations where u r #1.

> >

> > It's not rocket science. c'mon.

>

> Mesmer cant 1v1 O M E G A L U L H I H I E C S

> D E E

glass cannon any class can 1v1 if the other person is stupid enough to not bring reveal or is a class that can't easily chase them/lock them down

i stand by my point... thanks for reading

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > For everyone whining about instant one-shot bursts; wehter it be guard mesmer or thief.

> > >

> > > THEY are called glass cannons. They CANNOT 1v1. they rely on a tank to distract you so they can fire at you freely. the best way to deal with this is to not get into 2v1 situations where u r #1.

> > >

> > > It's not rocket science. c'mon.

> >

> > Mesmer cant 1v1 O M E G A L U L H I H I E C S

> > D E E

>

> glass cannon any class can 1v1 if the other person is stupid enough to not bring reveal or is a class that can't easily chase them/lock them down

> i stand by my point... thanks for reading

If a glass cannon class can 1v1 then your original point is wrong.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > For everyone whining about instant one-shot bursts; wehter it be guard mesmer or thief.

> > >

> > > THEY are called glass cannons. They CANNOT 1v1. they rely on a tank to distract you so they can fire at you freely. the best way to deal with this is to not get into 2v1 situations where u r #1.

> > >

> >

> > D E E

>

> glass cannon any class can 1v1 if the other person is stupid enough to not bring reveal or is a class that can't easily chase them/lock them down

> i stand by my point... thanks for reading

Allright, aint gonna get in the whole "can glass cannons 1v1", but do you really think that reveal is a legit counter to Mesmer or any other profession that is famous for abusing this? Which builds that can comfortably swap one of their utilities for a reveal skill without getting into a even bigger disvantage? And lets not forget that not all professions have acess to this...since this is a Guardian thread, this profession dont have acess to it, only DH have it, on a single skill, that is the F1...guess theres a trap too that aply reveal.

And I disagree with you, one shot builds are not okay...this shouldnt be a thing in this game, unless the attack have a huge cast time and really telegraphed, but this is not really a issue on sPvP, is more of a problem on WvW roaming.

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > @"Loop.8106" said:

> > > > Burn guards weren't viable before anet nerfed every single burst skill. Now, they are even more kitten. To eat 8k burn ticks, means you dodged absolutely nothing and you didn't cleanse a single stack. Meaning the burst set up by JI, purging flames, double torch 4 and F1 is still weaker than hammer guard.

> > >

> > > You were the 4th poster.

> > > None of the ones above you complained?

> > > WHERE IS EVERYONE WHINING?

> > >

> > >

> > > this is typical response I expected.

> > >

> > > I pvp a lot. I have for quite some time. I don't get on these forums and whine about every new BS.

> > > I fight guards all the time. And tonight...welll...kitten

> > >

> > > You can't meet every complaint with "UH kitten UH YOU COULD OF UH DODGED IT". No kitten sherlock.

> > > At one point does an ability hit too hard? Did you see me complaining?

> > >

> > > One Burn

> > > 9k-- one tick.

> > >

> > > What's your excuse for that?

> > >

> > >

> > As a starter, that is not possible. Even using sinister amulet and unloading every possible burn skill it is not possible to reach 9k ticks in sPvP.

> >

> > You could reach 6-7k but that requires landing multiple attacks and no cleanse. It is only possible against the dummy golems in the mists. You cannot do that on a moving target.

> >

> > The point is you are talking about a build that is not sPvP viable, claiming that it deals insane damage in one hit, which is literally impossible. So you either do not understand what you are talking about or making stuff-up. If it is the earlier, I suggest you listen to the feedback (and change your attitude), if it is the later, good troll sir, good troll.

> >

>

>

> As a starter, are you calling a me a liar?

> Oh you are calling me a liar. Good to know.

>

> I'm not trolling and I didn't say MULTIPLE 9k ticks of burn.

> One.

> One BURN for 8956.

>

> I looked in my combat log-- and I see "guard hits you for 8956 BURN"

>

> It wasn't repeated. There weren't MULTIPLE ticks. It was just one burn.

>

> The burns (multiple stacks) for 4300- over 5k were on a moving target-- me.

As Sayian mentioned that is not how logs generally work, especially when you are downed.

Burn guardians are not a thing in sPvP that works.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > For everyone whining about instant one-shot bursts; wehter it be guard mesmer or thief.

> >

> > THEY are called glass cannons. They CANNOT 1v1. they rely on a tank to distract you so they can fire at you freely. the best way to deal with this is to not get into 2v1 situations where u r #1.

> >

> > It's not rocket science. c'mon.

>

> Mesmer cant 1v1 O M E G A L U L H I H I E C S

> D E E

Yeah, cracked me up as well. Just like that "guard is glass cannon" thing.

> @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > >

> > >

> >

> > D E E

>

> Yeah, cracked me up as well. Just like that "guard is glass cannon" thing.

Id argue that pre pof when burn gaurd was base guard u were more squishy than dh. But now with firebrand yeah lol.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > >

> > >

> >

> > D E E

>

>if the other person is stupid enough to not bring reveal

You do realize that most classes do not have reveal access right?

Classes with (reasonable) reveal access:

Herald

Scrapper

Core necro (not the elites)

DH

Spellbreaker

You do realise that it only suceeds when you drop burns if mesmer or necro gives enough cover condis? 1v1 a burn guard is almost a free kill if you have a moderate ammount of condi cleanse. It's not like they can cover this burn so a random condi cleanse can take care of it easily.

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > Dying to burn guardians in 2018 xD

> > I had a good laugh!

>

> It was used in season 9 by people in the top 100.

>

> That's funny? It obviously works.

Was season 9 in 2018?

> @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

>

> Was season 9 in 2018?

Since you want to be technical, yeah it lasted all day Jan 1, 2018...

We have yet to see a season 10 or another balance patch.

Burn guard went from stupid-hilarious OP to just OP with the condi nerf patch.

I like it being in game though I'm not complaining. It's fun to play against and with.

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > Dying to burn guardians in 2018 xD

> > I had a good laugh!

>

> It was used in season 9 by people in the top 100.

>

> That's funny? It obviously works.

Pre-PoF burn core guardian was okay. Though after PoF there are no viable burn guardian builds in sPvP.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> When top 25 players say it's **IMPOSSIBLE** to hit 8k burn ticks

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/feq3N3S.png "")

> Would've been even higher if the targets didn't die so fast, i didn't even have a torch equiped. And you don't need to be squishy for that btw.

>

> Not saying it's overpowered tho. l2p

those golem's doesnt count >_>... static, no clease, no heals no damage pressure :\. thats the same as fight a afk player.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > When top 25 players say it's **IMPOSSIBLE** to hit 8k burn ticks

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/feq3N3S.png "")

> > Would've been even higher if the targets didn't die so fast, i didn't even have a torch equiped. And you don't need to be squishy for that btw.

> >

> > Not saying it's overpowered tho. l2p

>

> those golem's doesnt count >_>... static, no clease, no heals no damage pressure :\. thats the same as fight a afk player.

Well, some people fight like they're AFK :trollface:

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > For everyone whining about instant one-shot bursts; wehter it be guard mesmer or thief.

> > > >

> > > > THEY are called glass cannons. They CANNOT 1v1. they rely on a tank to distract you so they can fire at you freely. the best way to deal with this is to not get into 2v1 situations where u r #1.

> > > >

> > > > It's not rocket science. c'mon.

> > >

> > > Mesmer cant 1v1 O M E G A L U L H I H I E C S

> > > D E E

> >

> >if the other person is stupid enough to not bring reveal

> You do realize that most classes do not have reveal access right?

>

> Classes with (reasonable) reveal access:

> Herald

> Scrapper

> Core necro (not the elites)

> DH

> Spellbreaker

>

>

Yeah, and most of these cant really swap the utilities for the the ones with the reveal or else they get in a even worse situation...Theres also Ranger with Sic'em, but i dont know how viable is that.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> When top 25 players say it's **IMPOSSIBLE** to hit 8k burn ticks

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/feq3N3S.png "")

> Would've been even higher if the targets didn't die so fast, i didn't even have a torch equiped. And you don't need to be squishy for that btw.

>

> Not saying it's overpowered tho. l2p

Nobody said that was impossible to get 8K burns with Guardian, what people said is that is impossible that a single stack of burn can deal 8K damage, that was what the OP was saying.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > For everyone whining about instant one-shot bursts; wehter it be guard mesmer or thief.

> > > > >

> > > > > THEY are called glass cannons. They CANNOT 1v1. they rely on a tank to distract you so they can fire at you freely. the best way to deal with this is to not get into 2v1 situations where u r #1.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not rocket science. c'mon.

> > > >

> > > > Mesmer cant 1v1 O M E G A L U L H I H I E C S

> > > > D E E

> > >

> > >if the other person is stupid enough to not bring reveal

> > You do realize that most classes do not have reveal access right?

> >

> > Classes with (reasonable) reveal access:

> > Herald

> > Scrapper

> > Core necro (not the elites)

> > DH

> > Spellbreaker

> >

> >

>

> Yeah, and most of these cant really swap the utilities for the the ones with the reveal or else they get in a even worse situation...Theres also Ranger with Sic'em, but i dont know how viable is that.

Yes they can, thats called adapting. The problem is that it's only worth to do it if you can adapt your playstyle around it, if you can't do that you will do even worse.

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > When top 25 players say it's **IMPOSSIBLE** to hit 8k burn ticks

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/feq3N3S.png "")

> > Would've been even higher if the targets didn't die so fast, i didn't even have a torch equiped. And you don't need to be squishy for that btw.

> >

> > Not saying it's overpowered tho. l2p

>

> Nobody said that was impossible to get 8K burns with Guardian, what people said is that is impossible that a single stack of burn can deal 8K damage, that was what the OP was saying.

I was talking about a **top 25 player**, which OP clearly isn't.