I tired to be a freak in Pve.

Kotopes.3081

Yeah it has been this way from as far back as I can remember and has been the norm for a number of years.

There was a youtuber that tried to prove to people that their was nothing wrong with taking a Necro but he got shot down in flames and in the end all people really care about are the meta benchmarks.

I do not see this changing to be honest as for me Scourge and its removal of shroud was the last hope of our class finding a place in top tier end game PvE. But as usual our class is only deemed useful in sPvP and WvW, like it has always been.

Your better off switching to a different class if your wanting to do pug runs on dungeons, raids etc. Or find a decent guild that doesn't mind you running it with Necro.

> @"Kotopes.3081" said:

> i think it will be awesome if necro will get an unique buff, like warrior banner, and it will be an a way to stop this hating

It would help indeed. It might not be enough but at least it would help. The main issue is that anet focus the necromancer's developpement always toward the same tools and role while theses tools and role are not usefull for PvE.

The bright side is that anet made a lot of effort to bend PvE in order to make it more friendly toward necromancer.

- The first step they took was to make fire fields less relevant in PvE by introducing _phalanx strength_ on the warrior. Theoretically it gave some breather to the necromancer so that they could use a bit more freely their well.

- The second step was to create fractals. Fractals reduced a lot the reliance on mobility tools that dungeons accustomed the players to use and in which the necromancer is somehow lacking.

- The third step came with a whole lot of boons on the fractals mobs and a lot more of boon corruption on the necromancer. In my opinion the idea was neet but at the same time it's probably what break the necromancer for PvE right now. **This unbridled focus on boon corruption is probably what will end the necromancer**.

- The last step is probably scourge... Yes, scourge, or more precisely _barriers_. The barrier idea is pretty common amongst mmorpg so I won't say it's "novel" but it gave a "support" tool to the necromancer. The issue in my eyes is more that anet chose to not really focus on barriers and ended creating a corrupting monster with frail PvE support. The scourge probably come from good intent but the way they designed it ended up corrupted by their wish to see boon corruption heavily impact the game.

Honnestly, what the necromancer need is a proper dps spec and a usefull unique buff/debuff in the core profession. We could argue that vampiric aura is a a unique buff but, let's be honest, the number are way to low for it to be usefull at any level. We could argue that boon corruption is a huge dps buff against boons but for that it need a lot of boons on it's foe.

Also, reaper used to be almost at a proper level of condi dps and the nerf hammer fell again and again on it to "favor" a power dps which is not even close to be at an almost proper level in PvE along with drastic nerfs on survivability. At least condi reaper had some synergy with it's most powerfull tool, _epidemic_. The push toward "power reaper" left the necromancer far out of reach in regard of dps just because the only really usefull thing that a necromancer can give to it's group is a condi tool.

That's why the necromancer need a tool that make a power spec "wanted". Not necessarily dps even if 5-10% more damage would help a lot, but a tool that benefit all it's group and that nobody else could bring, that is what is needed.

Logically, a unique non stackable toughness debuff on it's foes would have been anet's answer to this need. This wouldn't have impacted PvP or WvW in any way while making the necromancer a good asset for PvE stuff, yet anet chose not to do it. It's to the point that one can start to think that anet don't want the necromancer to be healthy in an healthy game.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> Thats like it always was. Necro isnt good enough for highend pve. The dmg potential is just lower as the one of the other classes.

If you don't change to flavour-of-the-month classes when Anet changes what is best, you deserve to be ostracised. That's gaming, it's normal, it's WORKING AS INTENDED.

(the debate about what SHOULD be intended etc is another one entirely).

Necro was a fotm class twice in the whole lifespan of the game before it was nerfed from that spot. It's a mediocre-damage class with lacklustre power-burst, no desirable combo fields or group buffs. We already have vampiric; let's just multiply its numbers by 50 and it might be just/ may be a contender along the lines of spotter or empowered allies.

I remember the old dungeon lfg with "No Necro No Ranger". I have been kicked just before the boss after playing medic picking up the rest of the team the entire run. Necromancer has always been and will always be the third wheel. Every time our dps get too close to the top dps, the community creams OP and Anet happily hammers us back into the ground(quick patch, it was a bug fix). So to all the Necromancers currently enjoying a little lime light in PvP and WvW your days are numbered. To the rest of us in PvE expect the worst and maybe we will be relieved when it's not as bad as we ~~ know~~ think it will be.

> @"UnDeadFun.5824" said:

> To the rest of us in PvE expect the worst and maybe we will be relieved when it's not as bad as we ~~ know~~ think it will be.

If they are only targeting boon corruption then the nerfs will do nothing for PvE because you do not run that trait path anyways. I expect Sand Savant to see some nerf or rework which some people do run in open world PvE but it is not meta in high end PvE content like raids and fractals.

I actually do not think it will bleed over into PvE this time because a lot of what makes Scourge strong is tied to several traits that you do not run in PvE. I guess the worst thing they could do is add cast times on f2-f5 which would be a pretty huge nerf for PvE because that means we would lose out on an auto attack chain every time we use f5 which would be a noticeable dps loss.

Necromancers are about death...it is time for the BASE necro to get some new traits that would then be usefull for their elite specs as well.

Frankly every class has one or two auras (a few have several they can toggle, or temporarily share out) and they gave necromancer vampyric aura. Which, hey it fits the theme but...totally misses a huge method of necromantic auras. For example, as a guarenteed trait, Reaper should forcfully slow anyone within it's charge range by a significant amount. Base necro's vampyric aura should be a two fold aura, it should damage every enemy you are engaging in range of your aura while syphoning that damage into healing for every ally in range on a 1 to 1 ratio. Every second you stand near an enemy necro you would be taking damage from the aura. For another aura...it pulses regularly stripping stability from nearby enemies in pve this would regularly knock large chunks off of the breakbar and completely prevent the breakbar from 'healing' so long as the necro was nearby.

Basically, the necro should have a choice of 3-4 auras within it's trait lines that are OFFENSIVE auras. IE they don't provide buffs, they provide a constant pressure upon the enemy that cannot be cleansed or ignored. That would fit the theme of the necromancer so much more. A necromancers very presence should be felt by the enemy. In Pve...giving us offensive auras that apply vulnerability, break sturdy/breakbars, or actively damage enemies to heal allies rather than only heal when allies attack would make us far more welcomed and fit far better thematically than several of our current "support" skills. ...yes you should be laughing whenever you look at a necromancers support skills compared to any other class. The only real support we bring is minion punching bags, and the fact we are hard to kill and thus can act like a medic to cover up the fact people insist on running squishy builds.

> @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> I actually never encountered this and I have been playing Necro for 4 years o.O Indeed, my dps is often the highest and I often am the last one down.

Really? Now you will act like its not happening and its only him who get kicked like that!

For four years? If you are talking the truth then its always you are the one who advertise the party thats why you didn't expiranced that. But even if you didn't got kicked thats not mean you didn't know necros are not welcoming in some cases.

Plus i bet you are not main necro its only you have one character necro and now you act like you always playing as necro for 4 years and it never happened to you

> @"silent killer.5732" said:

> > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > I actually never encountered this and I have been playing Necro for 4 years o.O Indeed, my dps is often the highest and I often am the last one down.

>

> Really? Now you will act like its not happening and its only him who get kicked like that!

>

> For four years? If you are talking the truth then its always you are the one who advertise the party thats why you didn't expiranced that. But even if you didn't got kicked thats not mean you didn't know necros are not welcoming in some cases.

>

> Plus i bet you are not main necro its only you have one character necro and now you act like you always playing as necro for 4 years and it never happened to you

I main neco. I never do fractals with any other profession. Indeed, I started created others toons with other professions last year. So please don't assume anything. And no, I more often join lfgs than make my own.

You are full of crap

If arenanet will not ban me i can share some of captures i took for kicking from parties in row 3 Times without even entering the fractals. And capturs about parties on lfg who clearly saying no necro .

Its like that for the necros ever since. And yet you still saying you haven't experienced this and you main necro for 4 years!

You are horrible lier. And yes you only have character that has to be an necro and yet you acting like you main necro .

Dunno about these few lucky people here, but I've been kicked instantly so many times for just being a necro. Hell I get kicked out of hp trains with comments like, "lol necro".

To those who have somehow never had issues with this. I very strongly suggest you take up gambling immediately as you are sure to clean the house!

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> i play everyday only necro and get kicked A LOT. people here who say they are never kicked probably have like 200 hours played or something. im also collecting most of the necro discrimination in screenshots but its too late to bother with compiling an album now.

Yeah i have some screens with after kick whispers. Lot of time i safe whole party coz they play setup like they have heal druid and supp chrono, but they didnt... and about raid i dont event talk :) I have all with 100cm or other.... but necro stinks ... For these reasons i abandoned raid and fractals.... not all chars are in eyes of mass suitable to do this content.

Hello Necros, I'm Faaris and I play thief for almost a year now. I came here to express my sympathy. A Scourge playing guild mate told yesterday in chat that necros are whining on the forums, so I checked it out. I've been kicked from groups several times for playing thief, before even entering the fractal. You are not alone!

Here's my theory. Most thieves I meet in fractals suck. Most necros I meet in fractals suck. We have a potential dps of about 30k under optimal circumstances. That is not great compared to other classes, but not the main reason we are being kicked. It's because we have bad apples playing our class who play selfish. Nobody in a group cares if you could solo a boss. Nobody cares if you are the one who resurrects people, if you are the reason they died in the first place.

Yesterday I ran with guild mates and we needed a pug. A thief entered via LFG. My first thought was "let's kick the thief" because thieves, as necros, are just leeches who add nothing to support the group. And if we already have a thief in the group, me, why would we want another one? We didn't kick and he did pretty good dps. A rare case of a decent thief. My experience with necros is similar.

My advise: Play your class as good and team friendly as possible. Thieves and necros tend to play solo, but fractals are not the place for this. We are proud that we can solo stuff, but nobody cares. If you join a group and play like you would solo, you are the problem. Every time I see a good necro/thief, it restores my trust in the necro/thief community. Much more than words on a forum. Also, one necro/thief per group is enough, don't stress the other players' patience by joining a group that already has a leech.

> @"Runiir.6425" said:

> Basically, the necro should have a choice of 3-4 auras within it's trait lines that are OFFENSIVE auras. IE they don't provide buffs, they provide a constant pressure upon the enemy that cannot be cleansed or ignored. That would fit the theme of the necromancer so much more. A necromancers very presence should be felt by the enemy. In Pve...giving us offensive auras that apply vulnerability, break sturdy/breakbars, or actively damage enemies to heal allies rather than only heal when allies attack would make us far more welcomed and fit far better thematically than several of our current "support" skills. ...yes you should be laughing whenever you look at a necromancers support skills compared to any other class. The only real support we bring is minion punching bags, and the fact we are hard to kill and thus can act like a medic to cover up the fact people insist on running squishy builds.

I do not support what you say about vampirism because I knida undertand why anet don't wanna see it to strong, however, I totally agree with you on this part. The way anet made the necromancer interact with other (foes or ally) is really incredibly badly done.

As for the necromancer being kicked or unwanted in PvE, that's a very common things that every necromancer should have experienced since launch. Someone that claim to be a necro main and have never experienced such behavior probably play another game. The fact is that over the years, the necromancer have seen it's usefullness steadily improved in PvE, yet it's still far from being to a point that it's wanted in this game mode.

Cheer girls and guys! At launch, for PvE, to have a chance to be taken in a party, you needed:

- mobility

- power damage

- blast finisher and fire/water/air/smoke field

- and heavy direct damage support

The first thing they did to address necro's issue was to give warrior _Phallanx strength_. Thanks anet, that helped a lot to reduce the blast finisher needs. While the second thing was the new end game content, yes fractals and raid ask less for stealth and mobility. Thank you anet.

It's ironic, right?

The real "buff" for the necromancer in PvE are indirect change which reduced the reliance on game mechanics and strangely open more room for the necromancer. The more anet simplify the whole game, the easier it is for the necromancer to find a place in PvE.

I believe the next step that will push the necromancer forward in PvE will be when anet will remove the passive buff from other professions in order to make things "fairer". After all, among those aura only warriors and rangers really benefit from such mechanisms. I'm pretty sure that engineers, guardians and revenant wouldn't see a lot of difference in how often they are taken in PvE without their aura/unique buff. Beside, is there any use for those in PvP/WvW? Not really.

I know it feel strange but it's objectively what happened since launch. The only other thing was the introduction of a lot of boons in high end fractale in order to justify more boon corruption on the necromancer. Did it make as much of a difference as the 2 others change? No. Is it something that they can objectively push further into the content without breaking it? No and scourge is the perfect exemple of that.

When it come to the necromancer's developpement, anet desperately try to force onto it a role of condi management which doesn't fit PvE at all but feel like the perfect solution to counter the boon heavy meta in PvP/WvW. Couldn't they have given an aura that reduce incoming boon duration on foes around the necromancer to counter this boon heavy meta instead of hammering their beloved boon corruption child? The scourge is toxic because they made it toxic, at it's launch it was twice as effective as it is right now... Do you even think that they dared to test it before poF launch? Nope, they wanted something that counter a rampant boon meta and blindingly added layers upon layers of boon corrution on a professions which was almost balance in it's boon hate and desperatly needed proper tools for PvE, That desesperatly needed to be more like other professions instead of being the guy that do everything differently and spoil the work of others.

I don't know about you guys, but I rarely get kicked for my class, and also I've found necromancers to be quite useful. The biggest problem I see is most people don't know how to play necromancers. In fractals, I see it all the time:

They don't run corrupt boon on bosses with No Pain No Gain.

They don't run epidemic in places with adds or vindicators.

They don't use corrosive poison cloud to destroy projectiles.

They don't use flesh wurm to body block certain enemies.

They don't lay down their shades. Ever.

They don't use well of darkness or nightfall to blind elites/vets.

They don't use their condition cleanses when the party is loaded with condis.

They'll take the downed teleportation trait and port dying players into dangerous places.

They'll take the health gaining trait even with a healer in the party.

They'll stand back and auto attack with the staff at maximum range as their sole mode of offense.

Most necros I see run around with all minion utilities, except for some reason they never have the flesh golem when CC is needed. They prefer to roam in packs, so they'll stack necros on a party when their utilities become redundant immediately. Having these experiences, I can't blame players for kicking a necro on sight. The type of people who would be good on a necro are also the type of people who'd rather alt to a different class to get the job done.

In a variety of PVE situations (fractals and dungeons), having a competent necro is great. Their condi ramp up is high and their damage is middling, however they provide some useful and unique utilities. A power necro with wells can dish out a lot damage in a short amount of time. A condi necro makes adds trivial.

i barely get kicked as a necro since i always top dps, even running on my wvw gears. i can't be ass to build another set since he has a few different sets for wvw.

plus, the way fractals work. there are tons of adds. if you're not top dps by a big margin, you're doing something wrong.

and i ignore groups that say kick necros. there's no point in joining and eating the end of the stick. just save yourself some trouble for not joining them.

i beg to differ when someone says necros bring nothing to a party. i'm so tired of cleaning condis for others and pick them up. lay my field to destroy projectiles, kill/fear adds and rez. the profession that has a lot of utilities and do most of the work behind the scene but no one will ever give a crap cuz it's one of the least fave of Anet. rip.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"MadFable.1978" said:

> Dunno about these few lucky people here, but I've been kicked instantly so many times for just being a necro. Hell I get kicked out of hp trains with comments like, "lol necro".

>

> To those who have somehow never had issues with this. I very strongly suggest you take up gambling immediately as you are sure to clean the house!

I've never been kicked from my fractals ever and i played for 1 year.