Giant Slayer -- but no title?

kharmin.7683

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > "I slew 1,000 giants and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"

>

> Didn't even get a t-shirt, lousy or otherwise.

Killing 1000 giants (and associated pests nearby), you must have gotten at least 217 pieces of light armor. Surely at least one counts as a "lousy t-shirt."

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> Since I don't see my own title, I never think about it. I'm not even sure if I have one.

If you hold Alt down (so as to see friendly NPC names) you will also see your name and title in white over your head. You can change titles in the Achievements panel, upper left drop down, including selecting No Title.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > "I slew 1,000 giants and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"

> >

> > Didn't even get a t-shirt, lousy or otherwise.

>

> Killing 1000 giants (and associated pests nearby), you must have gotten at least 217 pieces of light armor. Surely at least one counts as a "lousy t-shirt."

Haha! Ok, you're right about that. The rewards certainly were lousy despite my toon telling me that it was sweet, sweet loot.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > Since I don't see my own title, I never think about it. I'm not even sure if I have one.

>

> If you hold Alt down (so as to see friendly NPC names) you will also see your name and title in white over your head. You can change titles in the Achievements panel, upper left drop down, including selecting No Title.

Thanks - so much I still don't know. The game has way more content than I'll ever manage to complete.

> Haha! Ok, you're right about that. The rewards certainly were lousy despite my toon telling me that it was sweet, sweet loot.

haha. My favorite is when my toon tells me "you can never have too much treasure" while I'm getting a popup saying my bags are full.

Leveling up my first character, I remembering making it my main goal to get the spider slayer achievement. If I saw a spider, I was not allowed to continue what I was doing until I killed it with fire(was a guardian). I have an unhealthy fear of spiders, so this was a pretty big deal to me. If there was a title for that achievement, it'd be the only title I'd ever wear.

• 1 month later...

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> This achievement has no value anymore since PoF tbh. Can farm it as easily as any other slayer achievement

What "value" did it have before PoF, though? Yeah, you might have some limited bragging rights for taking it upon yourself to farm the Brisban event over and over to get it done before others did, but "value"? No.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > This achievement has no value anymore since PoF tbh. Can farm it as easily as any other slayer achievement

>

> What "value" did it have before PoF, though? Yeah, you might have some limited bragging rights for taking it upon yourself to farm the Brisban event over and over to get it done before others did, but "value"? No.

It had value for players because most people could not be bothered to completed it. Was it hard no, but very boring/time consuming.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > This achievement has no value anymore since PoF tbh. Can farm it as easily as any other slayer achievement

>

> Were do you get alot of giants in pof maps i only seen like 4-5 of em

They should respawn quick enough, much better than the old methods. Before you had at least 10min or so downtime between giant kills

> @"Linken.6345" said:

>

> Were do you get alot of giants in pof maps i only seen like 4-5 of em

Desert Highlands around [Windshear Scarps](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Windshear_Scarps "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Windshear_Scarps") has quite a few giants that respawn quickly.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/AW052rv.jpg "")

>

> Finally, after leasing a room in Nagling for months, I finally completed this achievement. Surprised there wasn't more of a reward for it than 16 AP.

>

> Has anyone else managed this achievement? What are your thoughts?

Wow gratz !!! :)

And that laurel ?? I once had over 1k. ... ?? Now it's almost zero

Have I tried this achievement? Not yet :) but I think I should lol it's ap!!!!!! :P