That arcane rifle

Ayakaru.6583

Should be called Arcane Cannon.

Just checked it out.. really cool skin.. but reduce its length by a third, and its thickness by about half.. and it becomes a slighty normal rifle..

Until then i can only leave the feedback

“Its so oversized it’s more of a parody weapon than anything I would ever use on a serious character”

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Should be called Arcane Cannon.

> Just checked it out.. really cool skin.. but reduce its length by a third, and its thickness by about half.. and it becomes a slighty normal rifle..

> Until then i can only leave the feedback

> “Its so oversized it’s more of a parody weapon than anything I would ever use on a serious character”

Have you met the actual legendary we have in game? I mean the boat one not the decent one. The lazer rifle tops both rn.

> @"godofcows.2451" said:

> I'm going to say it right here, and right now, and throw away all the shame that I have. ANET. Can you add some sounds on this rifle skin? Pretty pls? PLS? PLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLS. It just looks too **** good to have no custom sounds. :-(

No, sounds and energy based projectile effects would make too much sense for this kind of weapon. Gonna stay consistent here.

The bigger the better for me and my Asura char. Most pistols and rifles tend to disappear when on Asuran hands, so I'll be really happy if this skin looks visible on my Engie.

Also, thanks for a great skin for rifle. The Predator is ok, but IMO it only fits Charr. The boat idiocy is just that, a boat. There a few more that also looks great on Asura, but you can count them with one hand fingers.

Not sure if you noticed but the barrel extends out when drawing the weapon so it gets larger when extended. It is an Arcane weapon and therefore probably large because of what is need to fire the wep if it were something real. You people poopoo on almost every release of an item/update/xpac/ and so forth that devs put into this game I am surprised they keep developing. Sorry but that's how I feel and as far as:

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Just checked it out.. really cool skin.. but reduce its length by a third, and its thickness by about half.. and it becomes a slighty normal rifle..

> Until then i can only leave the feedback

Looks like you won't buy it then unless I am misunderstanding what your wrote.

For those giving feedback yet never equipped, imho, it is not feedback but a bitch session.

Excelsior.

Sorry for a bit of off-topic'ing, but there are some interesting messages in here I'd like to refer to. This is in no way suppossed to trashtalk to Arcane Rifle!

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> The bigger the better for me and my Asura char. Most pistols and rifles tend to disappear when on Asuran hands, so I'll be really happy if this skin looks visible on my Engie.

> Also, thanks for a great skin for rifle. The Predator is ok, but IMO it only fits Charr. The boat idiocy is just that, a boat. There a few more that also looks great on Asura, but you can count them with one hand fingers.

I am almost exclusively playing small species since 2010 and I hear that argument so often. But I can't understand it. I mean, it's clear with a smaller character, the weapons are scaled down, but "disappearing"? To you or the others? My camera's usually behind my Asura, quite like watching over his shoulders. That's all you need when wielding a rifle, since the combat with a rifle requires you to face your opponent anyways. During fights I circle-strafe, as I know it from DooM, so my weapons are still pretty much visible. There is no reason to zoom out like crazy, and if I need a short glimpse of what's going on behind me I have my rear mirror button (V), e.g. when I need to know if I would "Death Retreat" myself off a cliff or something. Also, since I am a fan of easthetics (meaning: I care a lot about matching visuals) I also just got used to pan the camera accordingly.

![](https://i.imgur.com/KwNm8JA.jpg "")

So I don't know why your weapons "disappar". If you zoom out, of course, but why would you do that in the first place when in rifle-combat situations, you have to face your enemy anyways.

As for us Deadeyes in general, I just would enjoy using a rifle with a scope, simply because our trademark skill is supposed to be the headshot skill, even the skill icon suggests that.

The Predator is too huge, I am supposed to dash around, dodge and stuff. An unnecessarily huge rifle is just too strange for me, just as much with thin-armed bikini ladies wielding gigantic swords (or the Arcane Rifle) in Final Fantasy games. In my opinion the Hunter is one of the best weapons: It's solidly built, it has a lot of "roleplay" / "immersion" details to me (e.g. the suppressor would explain the damp sound when firing the 2/3 rifle bursts and the laserpointer for Death's Judgment that is actually on the rifle and not just magically appearing from a default wooden Winchester rifle), it's slick, it has a scope, it looks balanced (center of mass) and is amongst the rifles that look like - yes, a rifle. And it by no means just "fit the Charr" as Ardid said. In fact, for my looks (Sneakthief set / Noble Count outfit) I want a weapon that looks like it was worth something, not a rifle that looks like it's being held together by sticky tape.

![](https://i.imgur.com/KqY7nYZ.png "")

Just making everything as big as in your generic JRPG is the wrong direction I think.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > This should've been the Deadeye elite skin, instead of what we got for it.

>

> Would still not play Deadeye. I think most players in this thread would use it for their engineer, the only class that realistically uses rifle.

What? That's like saying other people can't drive cars just because they are not a taxi driver or race driver or can't use a fire extinguisher because they are not firefighters. Deadeye's are, per defintion, very skilled marskmen. Saying projectile weapons are not supposed in their hands is extremely wrong.

> @"usnedward.9023" said:

> Not sure if you noticed but the barrel extends out when drawing the weapon so it gets larger when extended. It is an Arcane weapon and therefore probably large because of what is need to fire the wep if it were something real. You people poopoo on almost every release of an item/update/xpac/ and so forth that devs put into this game I am surprised they keep developing. Sorry but that's how I feel and as far as:

>

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > Just checked it out.. really cool skin.. but reduce its length by a third, and its thickness by about half.. and it becomes a slighty normal rifle..

> > Until then i can only leave the feedback

>

> Looks like you won't buy it then unless I am misunderstanding what your wrote.

> For those giving feedback yet never equipped, imho, it is not feedback but a kitten session.

>

>

There exists a thing called _skin previewing_ which lets your character so a fully animated model of what you would look like with the weapon.

If i can see in this preview that the weapon is so big it doesn't even fit in the preview box.. yeah.. quaggan sure i wont by it.

Feedback based on a preview is just as valid as feedback on an actual purchase

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

> Excelsior.

> Sorry for a bit of off-topic'ing, but there are some interesting messages in here I'd like to refer to. This is in no way suppossed to trashtalk to Arcane Rifle!

>

> > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > The bigger the better for me and my Asura char. Most pistols and rifles tend to disappear when on Asuran hands, so I'll be really happy if this skin looks visible on my Engie.

> > Also, thanks for a great skin for rifle. The Predator is ok, but IMO it only fits Charr. The boat idiocy is just that, a boat. There a few more that also looks great on Asura, but you can count them with one hand fingers.

>

> I am almost exclusively playing small species since 2010 and I hear that argument so often. But I can't understand it. I mean, it's clear with a smaller character, the weapons are scaled down, but "disappearing"? To you or the others? My camera's usually behind my Asura, quite like watching over his shoulders. That's all you need when wielding a rifle, since the combat with a rifle requires you to face your opponent anyways. During fights I circle-strafe, as I know it from DooM, so my weapons are still pretty much visible. There is no reason to zoom out like crazy, and if I need a short glimpse of what's going on behind me I have my rear mirror button (V), e.g. when I need to know if I would "Death Retreat" myself off a cliff or something. Also, since I am a fan of easthetics (meaning: I care a lot about matching visuals) I also just got used to pan the camera accordingly.

>

> So I don't know why your weapons "disappar". If you zoom out, of course, but why would you do that in the first place when in rifle-combat situations, you have to face your enemy anyways.

>

> As for us Deadeyes in general, I just would enjoy using a rifle with a scope, simply because our trademark skill is supposed to be the headshot skill, even the skill icon suggests that.

>

> The Predator is too huge, I am supposed to dash around, dodge and stuff. An unnecessarily huge rifle is just too strange for me, just as much with thin-armed bikini ladies wielding gigantic swords (or the Arcane Rifle) in Final Fantasy games. In my opinion the Hunter is one of the best weapons: It's solidly built, it has a lot of "roleplay" / "immersion" details to me (e.g. the suppressor would explain the damp sound when firing the 2/3 rifle bursts and the laserpointer for Death's Judgment that is actually on the rifle and not just magically appearing from a default wooden Winchester rifle), it's slick, it has a scope, it looks balanced (center of mass) and is amongst the rifles that look like - yes, a rifle. And it by no means just "fit the Charr" as Ardid said. In fact, for my looks (Sneakthief set / Noble Count outfit) I want a weapon that looks like it was worth something, not a rifle that looks like it's being held together by sticky tape.

Evidently I'm exaggerating, Zedek. But the point stands: at the same distance, the weapons used by all the other races are much more visible (Often TOO visible). At the closer distance, the details for the weapons on asura are also diminished, AFAIK, because they don't make an specific, smaller weapon version for asura, instead only downscale the normal version, losing quality.

Just put your asura and a human side to side, using the same weapon. How close or far the camera is doesn't matter: the human version is always much more visible.

Also consider that distance is the same for everyone, sepecially in combat: movement speed is the same, maps are the same, etc.

I don't play with the camera sticked to my back, I like to see a bit more around. My weapon is only clear when I'm strictly close to my toon. Weapons used by humans around are clearly visible even at mid distance. I almost never can distinguish the weapons other asura use, unless they are static and I can get close to them to zoom in.

Back into topic:

The rifle IS huge. I love it, it is really visible on my Engie, and the color scheme is almost exact with mine, so it fit perfect.

Only one problem: the rifle is SOOO long, when my asura runs around wielding it, the cannon sinks into the ground, A LOT. I'm not complaining, I like it, but a version exactly identical, just with the cannon 1/4 shorter would have been perfect for asura.