Worst class in the game right now?

Nimon.7840

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > It's so obvious this poll is led by PvP QQ as is most forum discussion, because revenant is a potent PvE class while Necromancer has been horrendous and Ranger has only had the opportunity to heal.

> >

> > Necromancer by far is the most mediocre PvE class, matched only by the soulbeast specialization.

>

> Yes Necro and Soulbeast, the two dps classes that are by far the easiest to stack for free Dhuum CM clears... So terrible.

Necromancers in PvE are like Skritt. Worthless when they are alone and can't do anything right. But when you get a bunch of them together, they are a force to be reckoned with. This wasn't the balance intention that Arena net desires and isn't good for the game. A profession that's only good around itself is not a good thing. And if any other profession got an epidemic like ability necromancers would be replaced instantly. Not even a second thought.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From worst to best based on my personal impressions, experiences and opinion

Revenant > Necromancer > Thief > Engineer > Ranger > Elementalist > Guardian > Warrior > Mesmer

Revs, Necros, Thief, Engineer and Ranger, so basically the lower half of the list needs basicalyl the most the "mesmer treatment" to receive a complete rework of gameplay mechanics, to even a complete redesign of the class in case of the revenant

> @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Flauvious.6195" said:

> > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > I voted necro cause necro always gets shafted and no updates after its nerfs, leaving it in a perpetual state of ruin and mess.

> > > >

> > >

> > > How quickly we forget the months since pof where scourge facerolled everything in PvP by just smashing the keyboard with your face

> >

> > Actually it was around 1 month or less and condi got nerfed and its not our fault, its anets fault.Also:your forgetting how many times reaper got nerfed and shafted.We got a constant stream of nerfs to the tune of whiners and crybabies in pvp and WVW, including epidemic.

> >

> > reaper was nerfed as well and so were our abilities.I don't want revenant to suffer but have some empathy for the situation necro is facing.Necros don't like being put in a position where they are too overpowered to buff because of how they are designed.They want to be viable in pve and have some decent meta builds at the same time.remember what was it, last year when revenants were crying? i didn't hear a lot of negative things being said about revenants, in fact a lot of people were sympathetic.

> >

> > Besides:Your class only came out in heart of thorns and i learned that this was going on before heart of thorns.I wasn't around for a time before heart of thorns but in the year i've been around i've witnessed a lot of nerfs and changes happen, and thats a lot of changes for a year.Actually:I have been playing more than a year because i got heart of thorns in december of 2016 and started playing , but i was playing months before i got it like 2 months, and its feburary so almost a year and 4 months.

>

> condi got nerfed and scourge is still one of the strongest meta specs currently.

and scourge got nerfed hard now.Scourge needs to be strong at something or they die.They need to put down pressure or they won't be able to compete.

Also:The nerfs they did was to the cd and limited even more their ability to roam, and now they are only good if they are babysat even harder now, but didn't fix the problem.

Like i said before:If you got a gas leak don't go changing the spark plug or something in your car, fix the actual issue.

Nerfing anything else just makes scourge more gimped and underpowered and unable to compete in spvp.I know it makes people mad, but scourges are built around aoes that can be balanced in team fights, but there are some changes and overhauls needed like for an example:

The radius could be reduced

make sure you got a good spell effect to tell the others:This scourge is casting his aoe, so don't get close.

Anything you do besides that, is just gutting necros, and leaving them unviable for 3 or 4 game modes.You might as well delete necro at that point because you have killed 4 modes, and then you give more reason for the elitists to kick out necros.

Rev, which is sadly also my main. I switched to it when it came out with HoT and it was a complete niiiiightmare to level. I really enjoyed the idea of being a hybrid buff-bot and damage dealer though, so I played power Rev a lot in Fractals and even a bit of Ventari in WvW for funsies. However, after all this time it still feels like a one trick Pony in that the builds which DO work appear to be abberations. It's as if in order to play Rev, one must actively find skill and stat combinations that ANet forgot to nerf. All of this would still not push me to vote Rev as the worst class were it not for the uninspired, boring, badly designed and outright odd choice for expansion legend - Kalla. Now Renegade, this right here, is exactly how not to design an Elite spec! Easily killed buff fountains? Check. Costly skills? Check. Craptacular secondary weapon? Deffers. Confusing play style? Kinda. Awful lore and a legend who isn't... Legendary? We have an ace in the hole, folks.

I'm voting for Revenant not because of the fact that it isn't meta (it isnt), but because it just feels plain bad. The energy system is more of a frustration than a mechanic to play around. Locking utility and elite skills to "legend attunements" gives you the feeling like you don't have utility skills at all. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it would be better if the utility / elite skills did interesting or niche things, but most of them just pulse different conditions / boons.

> @"Alex Shatter.7956" said:

> I'm voting for Revenant not because of the fact that it isn't meta (it isnt), but because it just feels plain bad. The energy system is more of a frustration than a mechanic to play around. Locking utility and elite skills to "legend attunements" gives you the feeling like you don't have utility skills at all. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it would be better if the utility / elite skills did interesting or niche things, but most of them just pulse different conditions / boons.

That's the only good thing about the class. Everything else is too niche for most content.

> @"Zenith.7301" said:

> It's so obvious this poll is led by PvP QQ as is most forum discussion, because revenant is a potent PvE class while Necromancer has been horrendous and Ranger has only had the opportunity to heal.

>

> Necromancer by far is the most mediocre PvE class, matched only by the soulbeast specialization.

Who cares, PvE balance does not matter and screwing WvW and PvP balance because of "WHY CANT I PLAY CONDITION BUILDS IN PVE" or "waaaah my class is only a healer in PvE" is fucking dumb.

You don't need balance changes to stack the same dungeons, fractals, raids whatever the fuck over and over again so pardon me if I don't give a fuck that necromancer is SO HORRIBLE IN PVE SUPPOSEDLY while it has brought cancer to the other game modes since HoT. What a point of view, voting necromancer as worst class because oh no muh PvE lol.

We haven't had a PvP or WvW meta for YEARS that hasn't been dominated by support + necromancer combo, but oh no Zenith can't open world with their necro! It's clearly the worst class!

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > It's so obvious this poll is led by PvP QQ as is most forum discussion, because revenant is a potent PvE class while Necromancer has been horrendous and Ranger has only had the opportunity to heal.

> >

> > Necromancer by far is the most mediocre PvE class, matched only by the soulbeast specialization.

>

> Who cares, PvE balance does not matter and screwing WvW and PvP balance because of "WHY CANT I PLAY CONDITION BUILDS IN PVE" or "waaaah my class is only a healer in PvE" is kitten dumb.

>

> You don't need balance changes to stack the same dungeons, fractals, raids whatever the kitten over and over again so pardon me if I don't give a kitten that necromancer is SO HORRIBLE IN PVE SUPPOSEDLY while it has brought cancer to the other game modes since HoT. What a point of view, voting necromancer as worst class because oh no muh PvE lol.

>

> We haven't had a PvP or WvW meta for YEARS that hasn't been dominated by support + necromancer combo, but oh no Zenith can't open world with their necro! It's clearly the worst class!

You could make a good argument for necro being the worst class for the game because scourge dominance in wvw and pvp has caused more people to quit the game then any spec since perhaps bunker chrono. So it would be the worst for the health of the game because it is extremely unfun to go against when it is strong.

> > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> >

>

> Who cares, PvE balance does not matter and screwing WvW and PvP balance because of "WHY CANT I PLAY CONDITION BUILDS IN PVE" or "waaaah my class is only a healer in PvE" is kitten dumb.

Well tbh. Every class has 2 viable specs for pve endcontent. Dont know how it is with thief doe, but necro doesnt.

Its only allowed to play condi.

Guard can play power or condi or even heal

Mesmer can play heal/tank, power and condi

Rev can pllay condi and heal

Warrior can play condi and power

Ele can play power and heal

Engi is power good, condi okayish

Ranger: heal and condi

Thief? I dont know. Power and condi?

Necro: condi

And other classes like rev even can play power in pvp modes.

Necro is like: play condi (ok maybe some hybrid thingy) You dont get anything else and there, he isnt even that good, if hes playing alone.

>

> You don't need balance changes to stack the same dungeons, fractals, raids whatever the kitten over and over again so pardon me if I don't give a kitten that necromancer is SO HORRIBLE IN PVE SUPPOSEDLY while it has brought cancer to the other game modes since HoT. What a point of view, voting necromancer as worst class because oh no muh PvE lol.

That was exactly the point. You should consider all gamemodes!

>

> We haven't had a PvP or WvW meta for YEARS that hasn't been dominated by support + necromancer combo, but oh no Zenith can't open world with their necro! It's clearly the worst class!

Like i already said, you should have considered all gamemodes, all viable builds and the gameplay.

But you didnt, so i guess your post is a fail-post.

I can understand people voting for rev, because the gameplay is really annoying.

But necro has the same issue while having only one real viable build. And that build is almost the same across all gamemodes.

If you are saying, that necro is too op for wvw, just delete the support from firebrands, and necro will be less good.

I would gladly give away my place in pvp or wvw for another class, if i was allowed to be always top dps in pve, cause necro has never been good in pve, except for a small amount of time. Even doe i like wvw pretty much. And i like roaming. Necro is an awful roamer, cause it sucks for solo play.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > > It's so obvious this poll is led by PvP QQ as is most forum discussion, because revenant is a potent PvE class while Necromancer has been horrendous and Ranger has only had the opportunity to heal.

> > >

> > > Necromancer by far is the most mediocre PvE class, matched only by the soulbeast specialization.

> >

> > Who cares, PvE balance does not matter and screwing WvW and PvP balance because of "WHY CANT I PLAY CONDITION BUILDS IN PVE" or "waaaah my class is only a healer in PvE" is kitten dumb.

>

>

> Well tbh. Every class has 2 viable specs for pve endcontent. Dont know how it is with thief doe, but necro doesnt.

> Its only allowed to play condi.

>

> Guard can play power or condi or even heal

> Mesmer can play heal/tank, power and condi

> Rev can pllay condi and heal

> Warrior can play condi and power

> Ele can play power and heal

> Engi is power good, condi okayish

> Ranger: heal and condi

> Thief? I dont know. Power and condi?

> Necro: condi

>

> And other classes like rev even can play power in pvp modes.

> Necro is like: play condi (ok maybe some hybrid thingy) You dont get anything else and there, he isnt even that good, if hes playing alone.

Don't care. I do not care that you have the need to be able to do run the same content over and over as a power necro. As long as 1 PvE build is viable per class everything else is unimportant fluff that should not be affecting PvP and WvW balance. Remember when every condition was made stackable? Are you going to tell me that wasn't because of PvE players whining about zerk only PvE meta? And that making conditions stackable didn't fuck with WvW and PvP for years?

> >

> > You don't need balance changes to stack the same dungeons, fractals, raids whatever the kitten over and over again so pardon me if I don't give a kitten that necromancer is SO HORRIBLE IN PVE SUPPOSEDLY while it has brought cancer to the other game modes since HoT. What a point of view, voting necromancer as worst class because oh no muh PvE lol.

>

> That was exactly the point. You should consider all gamemodes!

Nope. PvE needs to take a fucking back seat. You are playing vs NPCs, literally pixels. It is a static environment that does not change unless arenanet says so. Player vs player content is far more dynamic and far more reliant on competent balance.

> > We haven't had a PvP or WvW meta for YEARS that hasn't been dominated by support + necromancer combo, but oh no Zenith can't open world with their necro! It's clearly the worst class!

>

> Like i already said, you should have considered all gamemodes, all viable builds and the gameplay.

> But you didnt, so i guess your post is a fail-post.

Haha k carebear

> I can understand people voting for rev, because the gameplay is really annoying.

> But necro has the same issue while having only one real viable build. And that build is almost the same across all gamemodes.

Or because revenant is actually shit at everything at the moment other than spamming renegade aoes in PvE. What a coincidence revenant only has one real build in PvP and WvW too! Oh wait scourge can go Blood scourge? Oh wait revenants competitive build is hanging on a thread and Scourges competitive build is constantly a problem build for every other class?

> If you are saying, that necro is too op for wvw, just delete the support from firebrands, and necro will be less good.

>

> I would gladly give away my place in pvp or wvw for another class, if i was allowed to be always top dps in pve, cause necro has never been good in pve, except for a small amount of time. Even doe i like wvw pretty much. And i like roaming. Necro is an awful roamer, cause it sucks for solo play.

>

>

>

>

>

Literally reroll for PvE then because you're just going to press 12345 over and over vs meaningless pixels. Before you say I should reroll I fucking have plenty of times over the years because of the shit balance changes that usually have a source in PvE

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > > > It's so obvious this poll is led by PvP QQ as is most forum discussion, because revenant is a potent PvE class while Necromancer has been horrendous and Ranger has only had the opportunity to heal.

> > > >

> > > > Necromancer by far is the most mediocre PvE class, matched only by the soulbeast specialization.

> > >

> > > Who cares, PvE balance does not matter and screwing WvW and PvP balance because of "WHY CANT I PLAY CONDITION BUILDS IN PVE" or "waaaah my class is only a healer in PvE" is kitten dumb.

> >

> >

> > Well tbh. Every class has 2 viable specs for pve endcontent. Dont know how it is with thief doe, but necro doesnt.

> > Its only allowed to play condi.

> >

> > Guard can play power or condi or even heal

> > Mesmer can play heal/tank, power and condi

> > Rev can pllay condi and heal

> > Warrior can play condi and power

> > Ele can play power and heal

> > Engi is power good, condi okayish

> > Ranger: heal and condi

> > Thief? I dont know. Power and condi?

> > Necro: condi

> >

> > And other classes like rev even can play power in pvp modes.

> > Necro is like: play condi (ok maybe some hybrid thingy) You dont get anything else and there, he isnt even that good, if hes playing alone.

>

> Don't care. I do not care that you have the need to be able to do run the same content over and over as a power necro. As long as 1 PvE build is viable per class everything else is unimportant fluff that should not be affecting PvP and WvW balance. Remember when every condition was made stackable? Are you going to tell me that wasn't because of PvE players whining about zerk only PvE meta? And that making conditions stackable didn't kitten with WvW and PvP for years?

>

> > >

> > > You don't need balance changes to stack the same dungeons, fractals, raids whatever the kitten over and over again so pardon me if I don't give a kitten that necromancer is SO HORRIBLE IN PVE SUPPOSEDLY while it has brought cancer to the other game modes since HoT. What a point of view, voting necromancer as worst class because oh no muh PvE lol.

> >

> > That was exactly the point. You should consider all gamemodes!

>

> Nope. PvE needs to take a kitten back seat. You are playing vs NPCs, literally pixels. It is a static environment that does not change unless arenanet says so. Player vs player content is far more dynamic and far more reliant on competent balance.

>

> > > We haven't had a PvP or WvW meta for YEARS that hasn't been dominated by support + necromancer combo, but oh no Zenith can't open world with their necro! It's clearly the worst class!

> >

> > Like i already said, you should have considered all gamemodes, all viable builds and the gameplay.

> > But you didnt, so i guess your post is a fail-post.

>

> Haha k carebear

>

> > I can understand people voting for rev, because the gameplay is really annoying.

> > But necro has the same issue while having only one real viable build. And that build is almost the same across all gamemodes.

>

> Or because revenant is actually kitten at everything at the moment other than spamming renegade aoes in PvE. What a coincidence revenant only has one real build in PvP and WvW too! Oh wait scourge can go Blood scourge? Oh wait revenants competitive build is hanging on a thread and Scourges competitive build is constantly a problem build for every other class?

>

> > If you are saying, that necro is too op for wvw, just delete the support from firebrands, and necro will be less good.

> >

> > I would gladly give away my place in pvp or wvw for another class, if i was allowed to be always top dps in pve, cause necro has never been good in pve, except for a small amount of time. Even doe i like wvw pretty much. And i like roaming. Necro is an awful roamer, cause it sucks for solo play.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Literally reroll for PvE then because you're just going to press 12345 over and over vs meaningless pixels. Before you say I should reroll I kitten have plenty of times over the years because of the kitten balance changes that usually have a source in PvE

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > It's so obvious this poll is led by PvP QQ as is most forum discussion, because revenant is a potent PvE class while Necromancer has been horrendous and Ranger has only had the opportunity to heal.

> > > >

> > > > Necromancer by far is the most mediocre PvE class, matched only by the soulbeast specialization.

> > >

> > > Who cares, PvE balance does not matter and screwing WvW and PvP balance because of "WHY CANT I PLAY CONDITION BUILDS IN PVE" or "waaaah my class is only a healer in PvE" is kitten dumb.

> >

> >

> > Well tbh. Every class has 2 viable specs for pve endcontent. Dont know how it is with thief doe, but necro doesnt.

> >

> >

> > Necro is like: play condi (ok maybe some hybrid thingy) You dont get anything else and there, he isnt even that good, if hes playing alone.

>

> Don't care. I do not care that you have the need to be able to do run the same content over and over as a power necro. As long as 1 PvE build is viable per class everything else is unimportant fluff that should not be affecting PvP and WvW balance. Remember when every condition was made stackable? Are you going to tell me that wasn't because of PvE players whining about zerk only PvE meta? And that making conditions stackable didn't kitten with WvW and PvP for years?

>

> > >

> > > You don't need balance changes to stack the same dungeons, fractals, raids whatever the kitten over and over again so pardon me if I don't give a kitten that necromancer is SO HORRIBLE IN PVE SUPPOSEDLY while it has brought cancer to the other game modes since HoT. What a point of view, voting necromancer as worst class because oh no muh PvE lol.

> >

>

> Nope. PvE needs to take a kitten back seat. You are playing vs NPCs, literally pixels. It is a static environment that does not change unless arenanet says so. Player vs player content is far more dynamic and far more reliant on competent balance.

>

> > > We haven't had a PvP or WvW meta for YEARS that hasn't been dominated by support + necromancer combo, but oh no Zenith can't open world with their necro! It's clearly the worst class!

> >

> > Like i already said, you should have considered all gamemodes, all viable builds and the gameplay.

>

> Haha k carebear

>

> > I can understand people voting for rev, because the gameplay is really annoying.

> > But necro has the same issue while having only one real viable build. And that build is almost the same across all gamemodes.

>

> Or because revenant is actually kitten at everything at the moment other than spamming renegade aoes in PvE. What a coincidence revenant only has one real build in PvP and WvW too! Oh wait scourge can go Blood scourge? Oh wait revenants competitive build is hanging on a thread and Scourges competitive build is constantly a problem build for every other class?

>

> > If you are saying, that necro is too op for wvw, just delete the support from firebrands, and necro will be less good.

> >

> > I would gladly give away my place in pvp or wvw for another class, if i was allowed to be always top dps in pve, cause necro has never been good in pve, except for a small amount of time. Even doe i like wvw pretty much. And i like roaming. Necro is an awful roamer, cause it sucks for solo play.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Literally reroll for PvE then because you're just going to press 12345 over and over vs meaningless pixels. Before you say I should reroll I kitten have plenty of times over the years because of the kitten balance changes that usually have a source in PvE

This guy just thouroughly roasted all these necro mains lol. Necro is not anywhere near the level of bad that Revs are right now. Period. You got a PoF espec that’s been overperforming in competitive play since launch (revs got the worst and time has actually made it even worse). I’ll agree with you a bit on the pve side of things...but if anything, I would call this a tie. Necros are every bit as niche as Revs in fractals and raids.

One significant advantage for necros is that anet appears to be listening to you since they have made strides to improve the viability of some traitlines/builds (blood and power reaper come to mind), Revs just get senseless nerf after nerf (kalla’s fervor and impossible odds come to mind).

These polls are always biased AF because people almost always vote for thier mains. Believe me when I say the people that voted for Revs are probably not just doing it because it’s their main, it really is THAT BAD (I main engi and rev btw).

I voted rev.. and my main is thief, so your hypothesis is false on me definetely Exalted Quality.. just so bad is this crap that is called revenant that I want to see it completely redesigned even much more, than I would like to see thief getting redesigned, just because of how much out of touch this junk is with all other classes that follow all a same clear and obvious class design, which the revenant has crossed, just for Anets insane sake of wanting to add a die hard "unique" profession which should be completely different than all others, just in hope, that this would increase the HoT sales ..., not with the intent to actually make a profession which actually does fit into the game and its gameplay systems like all others.

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

> > >

> >

>

>

> >

>

> Haha k carebear

>

>

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

PvE is the most popular and important game mode for an mmo. Everything else is secondary. You want pvp to be the most important? There are dozens of MOBAs to choose from that have far far superior balanced to any MMO on the market. The primary draw of an MMO is to be able to play with friends across the world. PvE is the most popular game mode hands down. It's not even close. This is true not just in GW2 but most of not all mmos.

Pigeon holding people into a specific set has been the bane of every mmo I've seen. Even WoW struggled with that problem. And the fewer viable builds with the fewer situations a class is good in the worse off the class is over all.

Revenant is the last profession I got to 80 and im struggling to find a build that I like so I can get full ascended on him but I have classes that I can play Power/Condi without a problem. The only build that anyone recommends is a condi build but since I mainly play PvE the ramp up is a major problem. At the moment he just sits in Lion arch with 2 pieces of exotic gear.

Why does revenant have 51% of the answers?

I mean, revenant is meta in WvW. Revenant is completely viable in PvE, also:

+ In open world PvE you can just use whatever. Power revenant, condi revenant, who cares.

+ In raids, heal herald/renegade is very good. It's the meta kiter for Cairn and Deimos. Rev also has a good condi build. And it even has power revenant, it's not a good DPS option in general but it is a niche build useful in some encounters.

I don't know the viability of revenant in PvP, though, but I think rev is good in all the other game modes. Surely it has a lot of flaws but if we are talking about viability and possible builds, rev is quite good at that. Meanwhile necro is only good in WvW, and it survives in PvE just because of a single skill -epidemic.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> Why does revenant have 51% of the answers?

>

> I mean, revenant is meta in WvW. Revenant is completely viable in PvE, also:

> + In open world PvE you can just use whatever. Power revenant, condi revenant, who cares.

> + In raids, heal herald/renegade is very good. It's the meta kiter for Cairn and Deimos. Rev also has a good condi build. And it even has power revenant, it's not a good DPS option in general but it is a niche build useful in some encounters.

>

> I don't know the viability of revenant in PvP, though, but I think rev is good in all the other game modes. Surely it has a lot of flaws but if we are talking about viability and possible builds, rev is quite good at that. Meanwhile necro is only good in WvW, and it survives in PvE just because of a single skill -epidemic.

Most people werent reading my topic.

And they just voted for their precious gamemode.

I can Understand people voting Rev. It sometimes feels really clunky to Play.

And i would Like to see a little bit of rework for that class.

But: nerco is longer in the game than Rev. And from what people tell me, it was never real good.

I Play since 2k15 so i dont know, how it was before. But since then. Necro was only one time pretty good. Right after hot came Out and we had the horror build, spawning minions all over.

But it got nerfed pretty fast leaving necro alone in the wastelands of noDmg.

Doing solopvp such As 1v1s or roaming, necro is Just the worst class of all mmos i ever played. And there have been a lot.

So to say, necro hast only one viable build across all gamemode. OK it hast a Seconds one.

Minion master for people, that are even too bad to manage to run around solo in Open world pve without dieing.

But that cannot be the way to Go. If you want a friend, ask real Players or Play Ranger. Cause its class mechanic ist a pet.

Sorry but it really pisses me of, that such an amazing themed character, is so poorly designed, that it isnt allowed to so anything useful

OK. Its not completely useless.it has some niche uses. But it feels more Like a meine, than an actual real class

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > > > > It's so obvious this poll is led by PvP QQ as is most forum discussion, because revenant is a potent PvE class while Necromancer has been horrendous and Ranger has only had the opportunity to heal.

> > > > >

> > > > > Necromancer by far is the most mediocre PvE class, matched only by the soulbeast specialization.

> > > >

> > > > Who cares, PvE balance does not matter and screwing WvW and PvP balance because of "WHY CANT I PLAY CONDITION BUILDS IN PVE" or "waaaah my class is only a healer in PvE" is kitten dumb.

> > >

> > >

> > > Well tbh. Every class has 2 viable specs for pve endcontent. Dont know how it is with thief doe, but necro doesnt.

> > > Its only allowed to play condi.

> > >

> > > Guard can play power or condi or even heal

> > > Mesmer can play heal/tank, power and condi

> > > Rev can pllay condi and heal

> > > Warrior can play condi and power

> > > Ele can play power and heal

> > > Engi is power good, condi okayish

> > > Ranger: heal and condi

> > > Thief? I dont know. Power and condi?

> > > Necro: condi

> > >

> > > And other classes like rev even can play power in pvp modes.

> > > Necro is like: play condi (ok maybe some hybrid thingy) You dont get anything else and there, he isnt even that good, if hes playing alone.

> >

> > Don't care. I do not care that you have the need to be able to do run the same content over and over as a power necro. As long as 1 PvE build is viable per class everything else is unimportant fluff that should not be affecting PvP and WvW balance. Remember when every condition was made stackable? Are you going to tell me that wasn't because of PvE players whining about zerk only PvE meta? And that making conditions stackable didn't kitten with WvW and PvP for years?

> >

> > > >

> > > > You don't need balance changes to stack the same dungeons, fractals, raids whatever the kitten over and over again so pardon me if I don't give a kitten that necromancer is SO HORRIBLE IN PVE SUPPOSEDLY while it has brought cancer to the other game modes since HoT. What a point of view, voting necromancer as worst class because oh no muh PvE lol.

> > >

> > > That was exactly the point. You should consider all gamemodes!

> >

> > Nope. PvE needs to take a kitten back seat. You are playing vs NPCs, literally pixels. It is a static environment that does not change unless arenanet says so. Player vs player content is far more dynamic and far more reliant on competent balance.

> >

> > > > We haven't had a PvP or WvW meta for YEARS that hasn't been dominated by support + necromancer combo, but oh no Zenith can't open world with their necro! It's clearly the worst class!

> > >

> > > Like i already said, you should have considered all gamemodes, all viable builds and the gameplay.

> > > But you didnt, so i guess your post is a fail-post.

> >

> > Haha k carebear

> >

> > > I can understand people voting for rev, because the gameplay is really annoying.

> > > But necro has the same issue while having only one real viable build. And that build is almost the same across all gamemodes.

> >

> > Or because revenant is actually kitten at everything at the moment other than spamming renegade aoes in PvE. What a coincidence revenant only has one real build in PvP and WvW too! Oh wait scourge can go Blood scourge? Oh wait revenants competitive build is hanging on a thread and Scourges competitive build is constantly a problem build for every other class?

> >

> > > If you are saying, that necro is too op for wvw, just delete the support from firebrands, and necro will be less good.

> > >

> > > I would gladly give away my place in pvp or wvw for another class, if i was allowed to be always top dps in pve, cause necro has never been good in pve, except for a small amount of time. Even doe i like wvw pretty much. And i like roaming. Necro is an awful roamer, cause it sucks for solo play.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Literally reroll for PvE then because you're just going to press 12345 over and over vs meaningless pixels. Before you say I should reroll I kitten have plenty of times over the years because of the kitten balance changes that usually have a source in PvE

>

> PvE is the most popular and important game mode for an mmo. Everything else is secondary. You want pvp to be the most important? There are dozens of MOBAs to choose from that have far far superior balanced to any MMO on the market. The primary draw of an MMO is to be able to play with friends across the world. PvE is the most popular game mode hands down. It's not even close. This is true not just in GW2 but most of not all mmos.

> Pigeon holding people into a specific set has been the bane of every mmo I've seen. Even WoW struggled with that problem. And the fewer viable builds with the fewer situations a class is good in the worse off the class is over all.

You didn't address anything I said and essentially said "oh yeah well PvE has most players!"

Oh and what a shocker a necro voter. What kind of narrow PoV do you need to think necro is even close to worst class since HoT release lol

"Pigeon holing" hold on are you actually complaining that necromancer is best at something so you have to play that way lol? And this is why PvE takes a backseat. Why don't you play PvP where if you are pigeon holed into a role, congratulations you're probably meta! Best thing that can happen to a class there. But nah necro needs to have a support power dps build for raids! NECRO IS USELESSS FIX IT ANET, FOR THE HEALTH OF THE GAME! /s

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > > > > > It's so obvious this poll is led by PvP QQ as is most forum discussion, because revenant is a potent PvE class while Necromancer has been horrendous and Ranger has only had the opportunity to heal.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Necromancer by far is the most mediocre PvE class, matched only by the soulbeast specialization.

> > > > >

> > > > > Who cares, PvE balance does not matter and screwing WvW and PvP balance because of "WHY CANT I PLAY CONDITION BUILDS IN PVE" or "waaaah my class is only a healer in PvE" is kitten dumb.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Well tbh. Every class has 2 viable specs for pve endcontent. Dont know how it is with thief doe, but necro doesnt.

> > > > Its only allowed to play condi.

> > > >

> > > > Guard can play power or condi or even heal

> > > > Mesmer can play heal/tank, power and condi

> > > > Rev can pllay condi and heal

> > > > Warrior can play condi and power

> > > > Ele can play power and heal

> > > > Engi is power good, condi okayish

> > > > Ranger: heal and condi

> > > > Thief? I dont know. Power and condi?

> > > > Necro: condi

> > > >

> > > > And other classes like rev even can play power in pvp modes.

> > > > Necro is like: play condi (ok maybe some hybrid thingy) You dont get anything else and there, he isnt even that good, if hes playing alone.

> > >

> > > Don't care. I do not care that you have the need to be able to do run the same content over and over as a power necro. As long as 1 PvE build is viable per class everything else is unimportant fluff that should not be affecting PvP and WvW balance. Remember when every condition was made stackable? Are you going to tell me that wasn't because of PvE players whining about zerk only PvE meta? And that making conditions stackable didn't kitten with WvW and PvP for years?

> > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You don't need balance changes to stack the same dungeons, fractals, raids whatever the kitten over and over again so pardon me if I don't give a kitten that necromancer is SO HORRIBLE IN PVE SUPPOSEDLY while it has brought cancer to the other game modes since HoT. What a point of view, voting necromancer as worst class because oh no muh PvE lol.

> > > >

> > > > That was exactly the point. You should consider all gamemodes!

> > >

> > > Nope. PvE needs to take a kitten back seat. You are playing vs NPCs, literally pixels. It is a static environment that does not change unless arenanet says so. Player vs player content is far more dynamic and far more reliant on competent balance.

> > >

> > > > > We haven't had a PvP or WvW meta for YEARS that hasn't been dominated by support + necromancer combo, but oh no Zenith can't open world with their necro! It's clearly the worst class!

> > > >

> > > > Like i already said, you should have considered all gamemodes, all viable builds and the gameplay.

> > > > But you didnt, so i guess your post is a fail-post.

> > >

> > > Haha k carebear

> > >

> > > > I can understand people voting for rev, because the gameplay is really annoying.

> > > > But necro has the same issue while having only one real viable build. And that build is almost the same across all gamemodes.

> > >

> > > Or because revenant is actually kitten at everything at the moment other than spamming renegade aoes in PvE. What a coincidence revenant only has one real build in PvP and WvW too! Oh wait scourge can go Blood scourge? Oh wait revenants competitive build is hanging on a thread and Scourges competitive build is constantly a problem build for every other class?

> > >

> > > > If you are saying, that necro is too op for wvw, just delete the support from firebrands, and necro will be less good.

> > > >

> > > > I would gladly give away my place in pvp or wvw for another class, if i was allowed to be always top dps in pve, cause necro has never been good in pve, except for a small amount of time. Even doe i like wvw pretty much. And i like roaming. Necro is an awful roamer, cause it sucks for solo play.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Literally reroll for PvE then because you're just going to press 12345 over and over vs meaningless pixels. Before you say I should reroll I kitten have plenty of times over the years because of the kitten balance changes that usually have a source in PvE

> >

> > PvE is the most popular and important game mode for an mmo. Everything else is secondary. You want pvp to be the most important? There are dozens of MOBAs to choose from that have far far superior balanced to any MMO on the market. The primary draw of an MMO is to be able to play with friends across the world. PvE is the most popular game mode hands down. It's not even close. This is true not just in GW2 but most of not all mmos.

> > Pigeon holding people into a specific set has been the bane of every mmo I've seen. Even WoW struggled with that problem. And the fewer viable builds with the fewer situations a class is good in the worse off the class is over all.

>

> You didn't address anything I said and essentially said "oh yeah well PvE has most players!"

>

> Oh and what a shocker a necro voter. What kind of narrow PoV do you need to think necro is even close to worst class since HoT release lol

>

> "Pigeon holing" hold on are you actually complaining that necromancer is best at something so you have to play that way lol? And this is why PvE takes a backseat. Why don't you play PvP where if you are pigeon holed into a role, congratulations you're probably meta! Best thing that can happen to a class there. But nah necro needs to have a support power dps build for raids! NECRO IS USELESSS FIX IT ANET, FOR THE HEALTH OF THE GAME! /s

The necromancer is only good in those raids around other necromancers. This is a bad balance. A profession shouldn't only be good around itself, we aren't pack rats. And we shouldn't be expected to be pack rats. This is both bad for group diversity and for the necromancer's usability. A profession that is unwanted unless it is around 5 more of itself isn't a good thing. This isn't Good for its design.

You are actively ignoring a specific game mode with your statements and I'm addressing that. You're getting angry that people are talking about the most important game mode because its not your favorite. But news flash, PvE is what draws people in and keeps them playing. If it was PvP players could just get a MOBA. GW2's PvP balance can never be as good as a game dedicated to PvP and thus it will always be a lack luster experience in comparison. This isn't dogging on GW2, this is just the reality of all MMOs. But even taking the other game modes into consideration the necromancer is problematic for balance in WvW, its life force clearly needing a rework as it makes them too oppressive in zergs, while in PvP it is the weakest mechanic in the game, and the only reason necromancer has been so dominant isn't so much because of its power, but the THREAT of power! If the opponent could see your life force bar at all times the necromancer would be 1,000 times worse. Life force is a janky mechanic that is a hindrance to the necromancer's overall design and its paired with the absolute worst designed mechanic in the game. How has the necromancer been dominant in PvP before? Because people are A, don't pay attention to what's going on, B, they use an uncommon strategy that people don't understand how to fight. Necromancers have always only used one build in PvP. Condi, nothing else. Rarely a Minion build but those builds have always been pretty janky and now they have a little bit of dominance because of a threat that pressuring the necromancer quick would breath through that pressure. But people are too scared to fight it. The necromancer NEEDS a babysitter in PvP and they absolutely NEED the safety in numbers from WvW. The can't function on their own which has made them a risk to use since day one. They get a little time to shine, which is being replaced quickly btw, and suddenly people think its all fine. But its not. Necromancer is in the worst position. This isn't even a question, this is a demonstrable fact. Revenant doesn't have a mechanic that actively works against itself. Necromancer does.

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> The necromancer NEEDS a babysitter in PvP and they absolutely NEED the safety in numbers from WvW. The can't function on their own which has made them a risk to use since day one.

This is true, next to the fact that they are one of the most selfish classes out there as well. .... How the hell can a class be designed to be both needy (for help by others) _and_ being incredibly selfish at the same time ... It's just wrong on so many levels!

> @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > The necromancer NEEDS a babysitter in PvP and they absolutely NEED the safety in numbers from WvW. The can't function on their own which has made them a risk to use since day one.

> This is true, next to the fact that they are one of the most selfish classes out there as well. .... How the hell can a class be designed to be both needy (for help by others) _and_ being incredibly selfish at the same time ... It's just wrong on so many levels!

Lol. Has it ever been different for necros?

You Just got the Idea of anet: make an incredible Bad spec and give it to necro.

Thats how they did it with reaper.

For pvp reaper is like: slow moving and slow hitting without a real good defense other than His shroud which is at the same time his best offensive option.

For pve: in Order to do max dps, you need to play condi. And then you need to make use of your icefields. But in Order to do that, you cannot play with others!, Cause they will place other combofields down as well.

But reaper still needs heavy support.

See: necro doesnt make Sense at all. Thats why its currently the worst class in the game that needs a rework pretty badly.