I am i the only one that dislikes....Jaunt?

ArmageddonAsh.6430

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > Crits about 2k on power build, doesn’t interrupt your rotation, so extra kaboom in your boom. As Angel said, it’s a supplemental elite, not a pure power one.

> > The fact you can blink out of burst range after you get stolen into and get basilisk venom, deny an opener, well hell, doesn’t sound that bad now does it?

>

> But, dont we already have skills that can do that same thing? We \already have skills and abilities to counter burst,. break stuns and such.

>

At 3 charges it eats through gap closers on classes like warrior pretty quick. Plus as mentioned, the ability to reposition your blurred frenzy is a nice touch. And to answer the question. We do, but you can never have too many, and at 3 charges it’s really hard to pass. Jaunt is fantastic for the sheer amount utility/flexibility it provides.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Angel de Lyssa.4716" said:

> I love Jaunt, and especially the x3 Confusion, and the cleaning of x1 Condition. Jaunt is practically used to position you over the "Mirage Cloak" at close range during combat. In pvp is very useful, but in pve not, due to the change of "confusion", so I proposed in a post that I created, about a possible change to condition "confusion".

>

> It is not designed, or created, as Blink, but rather to be combined with "Mirage Cloak" and repositioned during combat. You can do many strategies, imagine, combine:

>

> * Jaunt on a "Mirage Cloak" with "Dune Cloak" = You inflict x3 Bleed + x3 Confusion + Get Evade / Ambush skill and you clean x1 Condition, all that in one area.

>

> So it is a very powerful elite, I do not change it, I like how it is. Many of the people do not know how to play with Mirage, you must to think a bit about the strategies, and not for spam skills to damage like that.

Can't you just double click crystal sands so it activates where you're standing and not have to use jaunt to catch the mirror? Same for Jaunt if only using it in PVE for the extra damage? That's how i've been using them. Please correct me if i'm wrong as i've seen several different builds and one of the more popular is how you speak of crystal sands close to the enemy and then jaunt to the mirror.

> I didnt really like Mirage at the start, but with recent changes i am really enjoying it. I am however struggling with Juant. It just doesnt really do much. A minor leap with minor Confusion, very minor confusion. Its been kinda decent for navigating WvW maps but in actual fights, i just tend to not know how or when to use it :/

>

> How do you guys think about it? How do you use it in combat? I just kinda think i would rather it be say a 8-10second cool down teleport with further reach and something more than a pointless amount of Confusion.

Great for mobility and great for extra dmg on your shatter combo since it doesnt cancels animations.

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > Let's see. Short-range teleport that can be used while stunned/immobilized, condi cleanse, area damage (that needs an upgrade since confusion is now utterly worthless in PvE), 3 ammo, and it can spawn a clone if you trait self-deception. I find it pretty useful for those reasons.

>

> Clearing 1 condition? Thats HUGE...Oh wait. Its not

> Area damage? Tiny

> Condition? Pointless

> Clone? Needs to be traited

>

> Too me, i would rather have a skill that is 8-10 second cool down and better - like longer range, better damage and conditions and maybe removing 3 conditions. For an Elite, it just doesnt feel like an elite

>

>

>

I fully agree with what has been said.

But I still like Jaunt. He saved me more than once.

Of course, I would like more condition damage. Not confusion! And for example, burning or better 2-3 stacks of **bleeding** per jump. :)

It's a condi clear, it's kind of a 3 part slightly longer blink, for selfish play it easily replaces the other elites.

It could hit a little harder in PvE for base dmg, but WvW and sPvP countless times has it helped secure that last sliver of HP, and or been invaluable for re-positioning or dodging AoEs.

Never before had we has such a handy swiss army knife.

I feel you if you PvE and Confusion sucks now, but that is more an issue with confusion than jaunt.

> @"Musty.3148" said:

> I think it's great just to get out of those kittening pulsing rings around scourges. It also allows me to hit torch 4 pop in on them with jaunt torch 5 and jaunt out. then resume dps. /shrug

>

But couldnt you do that already without the elite? Using Mirage Advance? Which is something i run along with Decoy and Illusionary Ambush. Though this one gets dropped for Feedback if i am zerging because dropping it on a zerg mindlessly attacking a gate can be so much fun. Thank god you dont get downed from it anymore. I remember the days when using Feedback could down you from 100% health thanks to retal damage, those were the days lol

> @"melrokk.5938" said:

> I fully agree with what has been said.

> But I still like Jaunt. He saved me more than once.

> Of course, I would like more condition damage. Not confusion! And for example, burning or better 2-3 stacks of **bleeding** per jump. :)

Rather than Burning, Maybe some good stacks of Poison would be welcome. Anything to help those bunker out heal everything builds that can go from >50% health to full in a matter of seconds, constantly remove conditions and still win due to the damage they (or their pets...) deal :/

> > @"melrokk.5938" said:

> > I fully agree with what has been said.

> > But I still like Jaunt. He saved me more than once.

> > Of course, I would like more condition damage. Not confusion! And for example, burning or better 2-3 stacks of **bleeding** per jump. :)

>

> Rather than Burning, Maybe some good stacks of Poison would be welcome. Anything to help those bunker out heal everything builds that can go from >50% health to full in a matter of seconds, constantly remove conditions and still win due to the damage they (or their pets...) deal :/

>

>

I would definitely love to see poison on it instead.

> > @"Musty.3148" said:

> > I think it's great just to get out of those kittening pulsing rings around scourges. It also allows me to hit torch 4 pop in on them with jaunt torch 5 and jaunt out. then resume dps. /shrug

> >

>

> But couldnt you do that already without the elite? Using Mirage Advance? Which is something i run along with Decoy and Illusionary Ambush. Though this one gets dropped for Feedback if i am zerging because dropping it on a zerg mindlessly attacking a gate can be so much fun. Thank god you dont get downed from it anymore. I remember the days when using Feedback could down you from 100% health thanks to retal damage, those were the days lol

You CAN, yes, but it's easy, quick and we don't really have another elite (non cheeze) that is decent for me. Meh, I still will run it. It's just too damn useful. And I like my skills as they are, I don't want to have to swap them.

With the new PvE DPS S/P//T build Jaunt is even better when you're traited into producing a clone when you use a Deception skill. 3x short teleports/condi clear/bit-o-damage... Gets you out of trouble spots, gets you into trouble spots, short CD... IMHO, best elite skill in the game from a selfish DPSr ;)

I've been concerned that we may see it nerfed TBH.

I personally use Jaunt for PvP (but mainly WvW). Its great for porting away from mass bursts at good moments. If you learn to use it, not as an offensive maneuver but a defensive one then its usefulness goes up. Its uncommon for me to use it for damage (unless its NPC's). I love making my enemy bursts miss or juking out certain abilities.

I didnt know it cleared a condi so thats news to me. Im still testing condi mirage (with torch) and I have very little clears so I play as if I have 0 (as I dont use my abilities for their clears).

I'm a sucker for mobility and Jaunt is the most fun skill in the game imo, it is the one feature I was most excited for back when the Mirage profession was revealed and it didn't let me down. It makes my class more fun to play and that's more than enough for me, wether it's PvP or PvE it never leaves my bar.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> I personally use Jaunt for PvP (but mainly WvW). Its great for porting away from mass bursts at good moments. If you learn to use it, not as an offensive maneuver but a defensive one then its usefulness goes up. Its uncommon for me to use it for damage (unless its NPC's). I love making my enemy bursts miss or juking out certain abilities.

>

> I didnt know it cleared a condi so thats news to me. Im still testing condi mirage (with torch) and I have very little clears so I play as if I have 0 (as I dont use my abilities for their clears).

I don't PvP much, but I did a match in unranked last night with a friend and jaunt was super handy when fighting against scourge. You see that circle dropping and you just jaunt to the side!

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > I personally use Jaunt for PvP (but mainly WvW). Its great for porting away from mass bursts at good moments. If you learn to use it, not as an offensive maneuver but a defensive one then its usefulness goes up. Its uncommon for me to use it for damage (unless its NPC's). I love making my enemy bursts miss or juking out certain abilities.

> >

> > I didnt know it cleared a condi so thats news to me. Im still testing condi mirage (with torch) and I have very little clears so I play as if I have 0 (as I dont use my abilities for their clears).

>

> I don't PvP much, but I did a match in unranked last night with a friend and jaunt was super handy when fighting against scourge. You see that circle dropping and you just jaunt to the side!

Exactly. See a GS or hammer spellbreaker run/leap at ya....hehe YOINK...over here....YOINK...now im over here. If you cant beat them, make it hard for them to get you.

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> >right now that it is a no brainer for me over all other elites (unless organised tpvp using moa or something).

>

> The only reason i use it is because the others are either cheese or useless for roaming. I wouldnt say giving it a lower cool down, more of removing the charges, single use. 10second cool down. Further movement, remove the confusion and do something better, the confusion is SO pointless.

>

> Make it a single use, 10second cool down teleport that removes 3 conditions. Increase the distance you teleport. Its just such a minor teleport that most of the time its just not worth using for movement unless you want to go up a cliff or something and in most cases due to the limited range it cant do that very well either. I don't really need more mobility, i have Phase Retreat, Lingering Thoughts, Axes of Symmetry, Illusionary Ambush and Mirage Advance

>

> My issue is that i am more of a use a skill when its best, rather than use it for the sake of it being there and thats my issue, i can never find a situation where in combat its GOOD to use.

Single use would be awful IMO.

The charges make it so flexible - you can change direction on a path rather than single linear teleport, you can use as few/many charges as you need in a situation.

As others have said, it's not a standalone "elite" skill.

It's a supplementary glue to the whole mirage playstyle - it allows everything to gel and flow together. Whether chasing, kiting, juking, comboing skills, repositioning while casting, tele stomping, damage, condi clear, aoe, mind games, and so on - it's uses are so varied it's not possible to say it's only meant to be used in A, B or C different ways.

In that way it is an "elite" skill due to how much it supplements every mirage build, and how comparatively weak mirage is without it.

> @"MikeL.8260" said:

> I'm a sucker for mobility and Jaunt is the most fun skill in the game imo, it is the one feature I was most excited for back when the Mirage profession was revealed and it didn't let me down. It makes my class more fun to play and that's more than enough for me, wether it's PvP or PvE it never leaves my bar.

Agreed.

Its not an elite that will oneshot everyone around, make you get out alive braindead, or gives that incredible group support.

But it will improve your gameplay a lot, if you know how to use it.

More survivability, just porting out of range from any melee classes

More dmg ( even if its just 2k)

more mobility, because you dont have to waist your "blink" to get up somewhere

If you cant use it, and hoped for a huge insta 7k elite, thats ok.

BUT

Jaunt is not bad. It can safe you the stunbreak, it can safe you the blink, it can place your burst.

It is an allrounder, it not taken to make up for ANY other slots (like maybe Strength of the Pack for Stability).

It just increases the options you have to react (offensively or defensively) by a lot.

> @"DerJoker.9081" said:

> But it will improve your gameplay a lot, if you know how to use it.

and i am sure when it comes to combat i am just thinking "should i sue it now" and then seconds later "how about now" and so on, to the point that i just dont use it in a lot of fights, there are of course some situations like escaping the Death zone of Scourges and such but i dunno, are there meant to be a lot of fights where you just dont see a reason to need to use it?