ArenaNet attending E3 2018

Chilli.2976

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Guys, please read the thread before responding to its start. We have a definitive statement from a dev (on Reddit, not in this thread, but quoted just a few posts above this) that there is NO announcement coming, they are just having some business meetings with potential partners. Please stop setting yourselves up for disappointment over the lack of announcements.

Anet specifically stated that the next episode was delayed for reasons other than E3 but people disregarded that post to go with their running speculative theory. If people are so adamant on their theory being correct, they’re going to continue to disregard all facts that state otherwise.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Elder Scrolls VI, Diablo 4, GW expansion 3... and more on the horizon. What a great time for gamers.

Sweet, it's that Space Odyssey Guild Wars expansion I saw the leak for earlier. We all get player housing in the form of spaceships and travel through the galaxy in search of the human gods who are all actually disguised Charr cubs and reformed inquest!

> @"solfizz.5730" said:

> > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Elder Scrolls VI, Diablo 4, GW expansion 3... and more on the horizon. What a great time for gamers.

>

> Wait, what? I heard about the first two....

"Diablo 4", a D3 expansion, or something else in the Diablo universe: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-diablo-game-project-in-development-blizzard-co/1100-6459406/

GW 2: Expansion 3 - We all know that's coming.

Lots to look forward to!

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > @"solfizz.5730" said:

> > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Elder Scrolls VI, Diablo 4, GW expansion 3... and more on the horizon. What a great time for gamers.

> >

> > Wait, what? I heard about the first two....

>

> "Diablo 4", a D3 expansion, or something else in the Diablo universe: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-diablo-game-project-in-development-blizzard-co/1100-6459406/

>

> GW 2: Expansion 3 - We all know that's coming.

>

> Lots to look forward to!

How are you so sure with xpac 3?Genuinely wondering.

> @"solfizz.5730" said:

> > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > @"solfizz.5730" said:

> > > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Elder Scrolls VI, Diablo 4, GW expansion 3... and more on the horizon. What a great time for gamers.

> > >

> > > Wait, what? I heard about the first two....

> >

> > "Diablo 4", a D3 expansion, or something else in the Diablo universe: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-diablo-game-project-in-development-blizzard-co/1100-6459406/

> >

> > GW 2: Expansion 3 - We all know that's coming.

> >

> > Lots to look forward to!

>

> How are you so sure with xpac 3?Genuinely wondering.

It's been mentioned in a few interviews both live and in text that a team will be and already has begun work on expansion 3. Someone more keen on the exact videos and text interviews would probably be able to pinpoint where it was mentioned.

It also makes sense, fits their pattern, and is highly expected. Overall, it is an assumption, but a very likely one.

Seems obvious to me, they're bolstering a loot box campaign and moving 50% of their staff to the production of Gem store items. PvP and WvW development is being completely shut down, and they're also reducing the raid development team all to move towards production of a mobile dress up application.

In all seriousness, I think myself and many others don't have high hopes for anything coming out of anet @ E3. I wouldn't be surprised if they start drumming up excitement for a new expansion though. I've always enjoyed exploring new maps, but aside from that the rest of this game has gotten incredibly stale, and the story writing has just been all over the place. I'm keeping my expectations at rock bottom.

> @"PyrateSilly.4710" said:

> I am going all 3 days to E3 --- ANet will be one of my first stops .... I will see what they say ....

> I am also going to see about bringing them some coffee candy, not sure how big of a bag I can fit in the size purse/bag that E3 will allow but I will try to bring some for you all!

Please let us know if you do manage to chat with them. You might have to buttonhole them in hallways, though, unless you're one of the prospective partners with whom they're having private meetings.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"PyrateSilly.4710" said:

> > I am going all 3 days to E3 --- ANet will be one of my first stops .... I will see what they say ....

> > I am also going to see about bringing them some coffee candy, not sure how big of a bag I can fit in the size purse/bag that E3 will allow but I will try to bring some for you all!

>

> Please let us know if you do manage to chat with them. You might have to buttonhole them in hallways, though, unless you're one of the prospective partners with whom they're having private meetings.

They will have a booth set up going. I am going to try bribing with candy to see if I can get maybe some info or what ever from them. Who knows, lol. I would bake some cookies and/or cupcakes but can't bring in that big of a container so a bag full of coffee candy will have to do as a bribe.

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > @"PyrateSilly.4710" said:

> > > I am going all 3 days to E3 --- ANet will be one of my first stops .... I will see what they say ....

> > > I am also going to see about bringing them some coffee candy, not sure how big of a bag I can fit in the size purse/bag that E3 will allow but I will try to bring some for you all!

> >

> > Please let us know if you do manage to chat with them. You might have to buttonhole them in hallways, though, unless you're one of the prospective partners with whom they're having private meetings.

>

> They will have a booth set up going. I am going to try bribing with candy to see if I can get maybe some info or what ever from them. Who knows, lol. I would bake some cookies and/or cupcakes but can't bring in that big of a container so a bag full of coffee candy will have to do as a bribe.

I don't think you will find ArenaNet at a booth. They've only booked a couple of meeting rooms.

Still, good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > > @"PyrateSilly.4710" said:

> > > > I am going all 3 days to E3 --- ANet will be one of my first stops .... I will see what they say ....

> > > > I am also going to see about bringing them some coffee candy, not sure how big of a bag I can fit in the size purse/bag that E3 will allow but I will try to bring some for you all!

> > >

> > > Please let us know if you do manage to chat with them. You might have to buttonhole them in hallways, though, unless you're one of the prospective partners with whom they're having private meetings.

> >

> > They will have a booth set up going. I am going to try bribing with candy to see if I can get maybe some info or what ever from them. Who knows, lol. I would bake some cookies and/or cupcakes but can't bring in that big of a container so a bag full of coffee candy will have to do as a bribe.

>

> I don't think you will find ArenaNet at a booth. They've only booked a couple of meeting rooms.

>

> Still, good luck.

They do have 2 booths on a corner to make one -

https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/floorplan/index.cfm?hallID=E&CFID=28958367&CFTOKEN=3802670916025c7e-658C7ABD-A33E-A1C7-177A5EB592040A19

Booths OFMR 8601 and OFMR 8700

> Booths OFMR 8601 and OFMR 8700

Those aren't booths, they're "on floor meeting rooms". See the manual, page 71, for an example. They're 10x20ft closed gray paneled rooms with doors, and outside advertising is not allowed, so it's definitely not intended for a public attraction.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > Booths OFMR 8601 and OFMR 8700

>

> Those aren't booths, they're "on floor meeting rooms". See the manual, page 71, for an example. They're 10x20ft closed gray paneled rooms with doors, and outside advertising is not allowed, so it's definitely not intended for a public attraction.

It’s almost as if Anet didn’t intend to present anything. If only they had stated this somewhere on the forums or reddit. /s

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Healix.5819" said:

> > > @"PyrateSilly.4710" said:

> > > Booths OFMR 8601 and OFMR 8700

> >

> > Those aren't booths, they're "on floor meeting rooms". See the manual, page 71, for an example. They're 10x20ft closed gray paneled rooms with doors, and outside advertising is not allowed, so it's definitely not intended for a public attraction.

>

> It’s almost as if Anet didn’t intend to present anything. If only they had stated this somewhere on the forums or reddit. /s

They did. /s

> @"Xantaria.8726" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Healix.5819" said:

> > > > @"PyrateSilly.4710" said:

> > > > Booths OFMR 8601 and OFMR 8700

> > >

> > > Those aren't booths, they're "on floor meeting rooms". See the manual, page 71, for an example. They're 10x20ft closed gray paneled rooms with doors, and outside advertising is not allowed, so it's definitely not intended for a public attraction.

> >

> > It’s almost as if Anet didn’t intend to present anything. If only they had stated this somewhere on the forums or reddit. /s

>

> They did. /s

its almost as if you dont know /s is sarcasm so the post you quote is makeing fun of people that they did.