An Update On Episode 2

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that we're over a year and a half into this new "every 2 months an update" format, and this is only the second time they risked missing that deadline (only if it gets released in March will that have truly passed), I think ArenaNet has been doing a pretty good job. Thanks for the update, and we all look forward to logging in for the new episode.

> @"fivebrights.7359" said:

> Aww no episode trailer on my birthday like I'd hoped. Ah well :) If it's anything like the standard that was set in S4E1, it'll be worth the wait.

It's my birthday too, and this was probably what I looked forward to the most (kinda sad but I'm a fanatic).

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Susy.7529" said:

> > The "E" of ETA means "Estimated" and almost everything in the universe can be estimated.

>

> Some people take everything ArenNet says as a promise. Colin's big problem was revealing stuff months in advance, even when it was just an idea. When he left, their policy changed to only talking about it when it's ready to ship, so they're not going to give any estimations.

>

> They have delayed just the trailer before by a few days, so it could still launch on schedule. If they do delay it by a week however, episode 3 will have the opportunity to line up with E3.

>

>

It may be the time of day, but line up with which E3? Episode 3 of Season 3? Season 4? Some other E3?

Thanks for the update.

As frustrating as it is (especially at a time when I've managed to reduce most of my gameplay to 'gather mats, craft bits for legendary, repeat') I'd much, much rather have a later release that's complete and working than an earlier one that's not right.

And hey, I'm also waiting for Shenmue 3 and by comparison this is nothing.

Take your time. I just wish the devs would drop a waypoint on Claw Island and some events using existing easy to code assets to keep players occupied. Maybe Inquest shipwreck releasing karka and pocket raptors plus nighttime pirate raids. They also could put a vapor portal across the mouth of the bay on Lion's Arch so players can get there to unlock the waypoint.

> @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> Unsure how bugs preclude you from putting a trailer out. If you have a release date in the trailer just cut off the part that has it and show it.

This, in the past, has led to some BAD reactions from the community. Showing us a trailer and than letting us think on it for 2 weeks when we are accustomed to having it 1 week ahead puts people into a sour mood. On top of that, after 2 weeks people aren't thinking about that trailer anymore, so the release of a new story after the little hype around it dies out causes for a less than great release of that story.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> Colin's big problem was revealing stuff months in advance, even when it was just an idea.

No. Colin's big problem was not updating estimates when they inevitably changed.

Basically, what Colin should have been doing but wasn't, was giving us updates _like this very one_.

We don't need precise estimates. We do need to know what's going on. This dev message tells us exactly that.

So, thanks for the heads up.

> @"WZC.7910" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > Hmmm, last time we had a lengthy release, we got Balthazar and neo-Primordus revealed.

> >

> > Calling it now, reveal of Grenth disguised as Joko, and Scleritethin (aka Selbbub) will finally be revealed. All the while, we fight at the bottom of a whirlpool.

> >

> > (EDIT: Okay, that can actually be pretty kitten epic to fight the DSD in a small area of ground surrounded by roiling water that the dragon's head, claws, etc. pops out of to strike at us.)

> >

> > > @"yoni.7015" said:

> > > The statement doesn’t say anything :-1:

> >

> > It actually says three things.

> >

> > 1) they wanted to release trailer today, but won't be

> > 2) they won't be due to newly discovered issues that they're currently fixing

> > 3) trailer and release date will come when issues are fixed.

>

> More likely Lyssa is the next villain

Pfft, too expected.

Besides, they went the route of overly generic god of war with Balthazar. So they'd be more likely to go the route of overly generic never-actually-good-just-neutral god of death going evil, rather than kind and compassionate Lyssa who loved humans suddenly going genocidal.