Harvesting nodes reset times

bobsort.4097

Most of harvesting nodes are reset at 8AM my time (I think 12AM server time) which includes chests (specially JP chests) rich nodes flax farms in HoT and etc.

However there are some nodes that does not follow this rule and reset 24 hours after harvested. This includes some farms such as Spinach farm in Gendarran, Artichoke farm Straits of Devastation, LS3 Special nodes such as Blood Ruby, Petrified Wood, Winterberry, Jade Shard, Fire Orchid Blossom, Orrian Pearl and unbound magic.

My playing time isn't at the same time of day everyday. Lets put it this way, one day I can play in afternoon and then the next day I can play in morning.

So If I do dailies (magic gatherer for example) in afternoon, the next day when I'm playing in morning, nodes are not reset yet but dailies are and because I can't play in afernoon that day, next play time will be a day later meaning I only can do harvesting every 2 days.

If Anet, make all reset times consistent, I'll be able to do harvesting before server reset and then one more time after reset and it is still one harvest in a day.

Imagine how you would feel if you login to game to see the nodes are not there yet!

give you something to do when you come back later or next day.. Tbh I wouldn't be at all put out if they either randomised the reset on all nodes or made them all 24hrs from gathered. I don't really have an issue with that personally, but veering away from a standard 00:00 can create issues for some players who might be unable to login within 24hrs of their last node harvest.. but meehhh.

EDIT - after rereading what I posted I totally got the backside end of my thought train so corrected it...

> @"bobsort.4097" said:

> Most of harvesting nodes are reset at 8AM my time (I think 12AM server time) which includes chests (specially JP chests) rich nodes flax farms in HoT and etc.

>

> However there are some nodes that does not follow this rule and reset 24 hours after harvested. This includes some farms such as Spinach farm in Gendarran, Artichoke farm Straits of Devastation, LS3 Special nodes such as Blood Ruby, Petrified Wood, Winterberry, Jade Shard, Fire Orchid Blossom, Orrian Pearl and unbound magic.

>

> My playing time isn't at the same time of day everyday. Lets put it this way, one day I can play in afternoon and then the next day I can play in morning.

> So If I do dailies (magic gatherer for example) in afternoon, the next day when I'm playing in morning, nodes are not reset yet but dailies are and because I can't play in afernoon that day, next play time will be a day later meaning I only can do harvesting every 2 days.

>

> If Anet, make all reset times consistent, I'll be able to do harvesting before server reset and then one more time after reset and it is still one harvest in a day.

>

> Imagine how you would feel if you login to game to see the nodes are not there yet!

A vote for that! My times vary as well so an unharvestable node when everything else around it is harvestable will just not be done until the next day. I wish anet could be consistent about something so trivial but the moment they start becoming consistent about something they make something that breaks the pattern for no good reason.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> give you something to do when you come back later or next day.. Tbh I wouldn't be at all put out if they either randomised the reset on all nodes or made them all 24hrs from gathered. I don't really see the issue. If they changed it to accommodate what you wanted then I guarantee someone else would be put out the other way, so once per 24hrs from gather seems like the best solution, but meehhh.

The problem with reset times not being standardized is if your login availability changes you can not gather that day.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > give you something to do when you come back later or next day.. Tbh I wouldn't be at all put out if they either randomised the reset on all nodes or made them all 24hrs from gathered. I don't really see the issue. If they changed it to accommodate what you wanted then I guarantee someone else would be put out the other way, so once per 24hrs from gather seems like the best solution, but meehhh.

>

> The problem with reset times not being standardized is if your login availability changes you can not gather that day.

But your availability is not the same as everyone else's availability.. so what might suit you doesn't necessarily suit others, so if its 24hrsa from when you last gathered, its for you to organise when you loot it.. if you want to be that precise.

Bottom line is that there is no perfect solution that suits all, we all play with different game time availability. If you cant get to loot a certain node that day then you just have to grin and bare it until your next available time.

EDIT - should of stated that the normal 00:00 reset would of course alleviate the need for players to plan their node farms around their personal availability to be in game.

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > give you something to do when you come back later or next day.. Tbh I wouldn't be at all put out if they either randomised the reset on all nodes or made them all 24hrs from gathered. I don't really see the issue. If they changed it to accommodate what you wanted then I guarantee someone else would be put out the other way, so once per 24hrs from gather seems like the best solution, but meehhh.

> >

> > The problem with reset times not being standardized is if your login availability changes you can not gather that day.

>

> But your availability is not the same as everyone else's availability.. so what might suit you doesn't necessarily suit others, so if its 24hrsa from when you last gathered, its for you to organise when you loot it.. if you want to be that precise.

>

> Bottom line is that there is no perfect solution that suits all, we all play with different game time availability. If you cant get to loot a certain node that day then you just have to grin and bare it until your next available time.

Can you give an example of availability that would not work with nodes resetting at midnight? What would one have to do in order for that to not suit them exactly?

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> I still don't understand why they just don't reset at server reset?

To prevent people from gathering shortly before the reset and then again shortly after the reset, i.e. twice in one - relatively short - session. That said, I agree with the OP in that some of those cooldowns seem a bit harsh (up to 22 hours, in my experience). I'd love to see all those gathering nodes unified to something like "daily reset or 12 hour cooldown, whichever comes later", or something similar.

> > > give you something to do when you come back later or next day.. Tbh I wouldn't be at all put out if they either randomised the reset on all nodes or made them all 24hrs from gathered. I don't really see the issue. If they changed it to accommodate what you wanted then I guarantee someone else would be put out the other way, so once per 24hrs from gather seems like the best solution, but meehhh.

> >

> > The problem with reset times not being standardized is if your login availability changes you can not gather that day.

>

> But your availability is not the same as everyone else's availability.. so what might suit you doesn't necessarily suit others, so if its 24hrsa from when you last gathered, its for you to organise when you loot it.. if you want to be that precise.

>

> Bottom line is that there is no perfect solution that suits all, we all play with different game time availability. If you cant get to loot a certain node that day then you just have to grin and bare it until your next available time.

Resetting like every other node, at midnight server time, would be more fair. Otherwise your gathering time keeps getting pushed further and further back until it is out of your availability window and you are forced to skip a day anyway.

> @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > give you something to do when you come back later or next day.. Tbh I wouldn't be at all put out if they either randomised the reset on all nodes or made them all 24hrs from gathered. I don't really see the issue. If they changed it to accommodate what you wanted then I guarantee someone else would be put out the other way, so once per 24hrs from gather seems like the best solution, but meehhh.

> > >

> > > The problem with reset times not being standardized is if your login availability changes you can not gather that day.

> >

> > But your availability is not the same as everyone else's availability.. so what might suit you doesn't necessarily suit others, so if its 24hrsa from when you last gathered, its for you to organise when you loot it.. if you want to be that precise.

> >

> > Bottom line is that there is no perfect solution that suits all, we all play with different game time availability. If you cant get to loot a certain node that day then you just have to grin and bare it until your next available time.

>

> Can you give an example of availability that would not work with nodes resetting at midnight? What would one have to do in order for that to not suit them exactly?

Your absolutely right.. when I go back and read what I wrote.. I clearly got my panties twisted round my curlies.. I originally said I wouldn't be upset if nodes were either randomised or put on a timer, whether specific 00:00 reset or 24hr from last gather.. all can work while yes, having a gathered reset timer or randomised can cause availability issues with some.. apologies I should of been referring to the 00:00.. late night posting is not something I make a habit of :).. but yes having a normal reset eliminates one's inability to farm that day unless of course you just don't have that kind of availability day in day out.

When I get the time and urge I will go back and edit those posts to read correctly.

> @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > I still don't understand why they just don't reset at server reset?

>

> To prevent people from gathering shortly before the reset and then again shortly after the reset, i.e. twice in one - relatively short - session.

Why is that something that needs preventing though?

Also, these nodes have some really weird respawn times. For the last couple of days my gathering goes like this: Go to Bitterfrost, gather winterberries, rich mithril node is not there yet. Go to Lake Doric, gathering 4 nodes north, none of the other nodes are back yet. Now I have to go find something else to do and keep checking every 30 minutes or so to see if the rest of the stuff is back. And then I have to keep going back until I maybe locate the rich orichalcum node. "Wanna do some fractals?" - "nah, can't, I've been waiting for this node for 2h now and I don't wanna be looking for it for 4h tomorrow"

> > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > give you something to do when you come back later or next day.. Tbh I wouldn't be at all put out if they either randomised the reset on all nodes or made them all 24hrs from gathered. I don't really see the issue. If they changed it to accommodate what you wanted then I guarantee someone else would be put out the other way, so once per 24hrs from gather seems like the best solution, but meehhh.

> > > >

> > > > The problem with reset times not being standardized is if your login availability changes you can not gather that day.

> > >

> > > But your availability is not the same as everyone else's availability.. so what might suit you doesn't necessarily suit others, so if its 24hrsa from when you last gathered, its for you to organise when you loot it.. if you want to be that precise.

> > >

> > > Bottom line is that there is no perfect solution that suits all, we all play with different game time availability. If you cant get to loot a certain node that day then you just have to grin and bare it until your next available time.

> >

> > Can you give an example of availability that would not work with nodes resetting at midnight? What would one have to do in order for that to not suit them exactly?

>

> Your absolutely right.. when I go back and read what I wrote.. I clearly got my panties twisted round my curlies.. I originally said I wouldn't be upset if nodes were either randomised or put on a timer, whether specific 00:00 reset or 24hr from last gather.. all can work while yes, having a gathered reset timer or randomised can cause availability issues with some.. apologies I should of been referring to the 00:00.. late night posting is not something I make a habit of :).. but yes having a normal reset eliminates one's inability to farm that day unless of course you just don't have that kind of availability day in day out.

> When I get the time and urge I will go back and edit those posts to read correctly.

Well:

24h-reset is basically what we have now, just a bit longer though at lats unified. But it creates the same availability issues that the current system does. Plus, it'd also be annoying for people who are around at the same time every day. Can you imagine feeling forced to gather at the exact same time every single day or risk your gathering being pushed to a time you can no longer attend?

Randomised is just a terrible idea. If you want those things for a backpack or something, you'd have to, for days, keep going back to the map and looking for them -constantly-. Some of those days you won't even find them because their randomised spawning happens during a time when you are not able to play. A backpack that'd normally take you 10 days of 10 minute farms each can now turn into months of scouting a map and hoping you get lucky.

Resetting at a specific time has no reasonable drawbacks, as far as I can tell.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > give you something to do when you come back later or next day.. Tbh I wouldn't be at all put out if they either randomised the reset on all nodes or made them all 24hrs from gathered. I don't really see the issue. If they changed it to accommodate what you wanted then I guarantee someone else would be put out the other way, so once per 24hrs from gather seems like the best solution, but meehhh.

> > >

> > > The problem with reset times not being standardized is if your login availability changes you can not gather that day.

> >

> > But your availability is not the same as everyone else's availability.. so what might suit you doesn't necessarily suit others, so if its 24hrsa from when you last gathered, its for you to organise when you loot it.. if you want to be that precise.

> >

> > Bottom line is that there is no perfect solution that suits all, we all play with different game time availability. If you cant get to loot a certain node that day then you just have to grin and bare it until your next available time.

>

> Resetting like every other node, at midnight server time, would be more fair. Otherwise your gathering time keeps getting pushed further and further back until it is out of your availability window and you are forced to skip a day anyway.

Yeah I quoted back to TWMagimay.. I messed up my posting train of thought last night.. darn I am fallible afterall.

I for one though don't have a problem with randomised node resets or 24hr gathered rests. Randomised could dissuade node hacking perhaps though... but yeah normal 00:00 reset I would say most players if not all would prefer :)

> > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > I still don't understand why they just don't reset at server reset?

> >

> > To prevent people from gathering shortly before the reset and then again shortly after the reset, i.e. twice in one - relatively short - session.

>

> Why is that something that needs preventing though?

>

> Also, these nodes have some really weird respawn times. For the last couple of days my gathering goes like this: Go to Bitterfrost, gather winterberries, rich mithril node is not there yet. Go to Lake Doric, gathering 4 nodes north, none of the other nodes are back yet. Now I have to go find something else to do and keep checking every 30 minutes or so to see if the rest of the stuff is back. And then I have to keep going back until I maybe locate the rich orichalcum node. "Wanna do some fractals?" - "nah, can't, I've been waiting for this node for 2h now and I don't wanna be looking for it for 4h tomorrow"

>

>

That is what I was wondering! For most of the LS chapters I have had the same pattern: come home soon after release, get to the new zone, buy the new node, harvest it, wait a couple hours (if I was fast enough), mine it again. Outside of quantity that is not substantially different than mining a regular node in the space of a few hours given the first mining is late and the second mining is early. It is not like you get an extra go at the node in the course of a week or so.

Since I am an altoholic I try to rotate my bitterfrost gathering by the character I have not used lately. Vexingly though, my infinite unbound gathering tool is usually on one of the more recent character slots so without doing the tool shuffle ...

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > I still don't understand why they just don't reset at server reset?

> > >

> > > To prevent people from gathering shortly before the reset and then again shortly after the reset, i.e. twice in one - relatively short - session.

> >

> > Why is that something that needs preventing though?

> >

> > Also, these nodes have some really weird respawn times. For the last couple of days my gathering goes like this: Go to Bitterfrost, gather winterberries, rich mithril node is not there yet. Go to Lake Doric, gathering 4 nodes north, none of the other nodes are back yet. Now I have to go find something else to do and keep checking every 30 minutes or so to see if the rest of the stuff is back. And then I have to keep going back until I maybe locate the rich orichalcum node. "Wanna do some fractals?" - "nah, can't, I've been waiting for this node for 2h now and I don't wanna be looking for it for 4h tomorrow"

> >

> >

>

> That is what I was wondering! For most of the LS chapters I have had the same pattern: come home soon after release, get to the new zone, buy the new node, harvest it, wait a couple hours (if I was fast enough), mine it again. Outside of quantity that is not substantially different than mining a regular node in the space of a few hours given the first mining is late and the second mining is early. It is not like you get an extra go at the node in the course of a week or so.

>

> Since I am an altoholic I try to rotate my bitterfrost gathering by the character I have not used lately. Vexingly though, my infinite unbound gathering tool is usually on one of the more recent character slots so without doing the tool shuffle ...

I think I would rather be going to run fractals though rather than sat twiddling my fingers waiting for a node to reset.. I just couldn't see how that's at all fun, but hey that's me - each to their own :)

> > > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > I still don't understand why they just don't reset at server reset?

> > > >

> > > > To prevent people from gathering shortly before the reset and then again shortly after the reset, i.e. twice in one - relatively short - session.

> > >

> > > Why is that something that needs preventing though?

> > >

> > > Also, these nodes have some really weird respawn times. For the last couple of days my gathering goes like this: Go to Bitterfrost, gather winterberries, rich mithril node is not there yet. Go to Lake Doric, gathering 4 nodes north, none of the other nodes are back yet. Now I have to go find something else to do and keep checking every 30 minutes or so to see if the rest of the stuff is back. And then I have to keep going back until I maybe locate the rich orichalcum node. "Wanna do some fractals?" - "nah, can't, I've been waiting for this node for 2h now and I don't wanna be looking for it for 4h tomorrow"

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That is what I was wondering! For most of the LS chapters I have had the same pattern: come home soon after release, get to the new zone, buy the new node, harvest it, wait a couple hours (if I was fast enough), mine it again. Outside of quantity that is not substantially different than mining a regular node in the space of a few hours given the first mining is late and the second mining is early. It is not like you get an extra go at the node in the course of a week or so.

> >

> > Since I am an altoholic I try to rotate my bitterfrost gathering by the character I have not used lately. Vexingly though, my infinite unbound gathering tool is usually on one of the more recent character slots so without doing the tool shuffle ...

>

> I think I would rather be going to run fractals though rather than sat twiddling my fingers waiting for a node to reset.. I just couldn't see how that's at all fun, but hey that's me - each to their own :)

That is not the problem at all. More it is "I have not taken this character through since yesterday so I should be good today" .... then finding out it has not been reset when you get there.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > > > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > I still don't understand why they just don't reset at server reset?

> > > > >

> > > > > To prevent people from gathering shortly before the reset and then again shortly after the reset, i.e. twice in one - relatively short - session.

> > > >

> > > > Why is that something that needs preventing though?

> > > >

> > > > Also, these nodes have some really weird respawn times. For the last couple of days my gathering goes like this: Go to Bitterfrost, gather winterberries, rich mithril node is not there yet. Go to Lake Doric, gathering 4 nodes north, none of the other nodes are back yet. Now I have to go find something else to do and keep checking every 30 minutes or so to see if the rest of the stuff is back. And then I have to keep going back until I maybe locate the rich orichalcum node. "Wanna do some fractals?" - "nah, can't, I've been waiting for this node for 2h now and I don't wanna be looking for it for 4h tomorrow"

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That is what I was wondering! For most of the LS chapters I have had the same pattern: come home soon after release, get to the new zone, buy the new node, harvest it, wait a couple hours (if I was fast enough), mine it again. Outside of quantity that is not substantially different than mining a regular node in the space of a few hours given the first mining is late and the second mining is early. It is not like you get an extra go at the node in the course of a week or so.

> > >

> > > Since I am an altoholic I try to rotate my bitterfrost gathering by the character I have not used lately. Vexingly though, my infinite unbound gathering tool is usually on one of the more recent character slots so without doing the tool shuffle ...

> >

> > I think I would rather be going to run fractals though rather than sat twiddling my fingers waiting for a node to reset.. I just couldn't see how that's at all fun, but hey that's me - each to their own :)

>

> That is not the problem at all. More it is "I have not taken this character through since yesterday so I should be good today" .... then finding out it has not been reset when you get there.

Yeah I know what you meant.. hence why I said each to there own.. personally I don't pay the same importance to node resets, if I let reset times control my game time, I would soon be bored as hell and look for a new fun fix.. but that's me :)

> > > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > > > > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > > I still don't understand why they just don't reset at server reset?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To prevent people from gathering shortly before the reset and then again shortly after the reset, i.e. twice in one - relatively short - session.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why is that something that needs preventing though?

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, these nodes have some really weird respawn times. For the last couple of days my gathering goes like this: Go to Bitterfrost, gather winterberries, rich mithril node is not there yet. Go to Lake Doric, gathering 4 nodes north, none of the other nodes are back yet. Now I have to go find something else to do and keep checking every 30 minutes or so to see if the rest of the stuff is back. And then I have to keep going back until I maybe locate the rich orichalcum node. "Wanna do some fractals?" - "nah, can't, I've been waiting for this node for 2h now and I don't wanna be looking for it for 4h tomorrow"

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > That is what I was wondering! For most of the LS chapters I have had the same pattern: come home soon after release, get to the new zone, buy the new node, harvest it, wait a couple hours (if I was fast enough), mine it again. Outside of quantity that is not substantially different than mining a regular node in the space of a few hours given the first mining is late and the second mining is early. It is not like you get an extra go at the node in the course of a week or so.

> > > >

> > > > Since I am an altoholic I try to rotate my bitterfrost gathering by the character I have not used lately. Vexingly though, my infinite unbound gathering tool is usually on one of the more recent character slots so without doing the tool shuffle ...

> > >

> > > I think I would rather be going to run fractals though rather than sat twiddling my fingers waiting for a node to reset.. I just couldn't see how that's at all fun, but hey that's me - each to their own :)

> >

> > That is not the problem at all. More it is "I have not taken this character through since yesterday so I should be good today" .... then finding out it has not been reset when you get there.

> Yeah I know what you meant.. hence why I said each to there own.. personally I don't pay the same importance to node resets, if I let reset times control my game time, I would soon be bored as hell and look for a new fun fix.. but that's me :)

I think maybe something is getting lost? Reset times do not control my game time. Think of it if you went to a fractal or whatever and when you got there there was a sign across it that said 'closed for maintenance'. Would you be somewhat annoyed and wished you had spent the time getting to the gate on something else?

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > > > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > > > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > > > I still don't understand why they just don't reset at server reset?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > To prevent people from gathering shortly before the reset and then again shortly after the reset, i.e. twice in one - relatively short - session.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why is that something that needs preventing though?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, these nodes have some really weird respawn times. For the last couple of days my gathering goes like this: Go to Bitterfrost, gather winterberries, rich mithril node is not there yet. Go to Lake Doric, gathering 4 nodes north, none of the other nodes are back yet. Now I have to go find something else to do and keep checking every 30 minutes or so to see if the rest of the stuff is back. And then I have to keep going back until I maybe locate the rich orichalcum node. "Wanna do some fractals?" - "nah, can't, I've been waiting for this node for 2h now and I don't wanna be looking for it for 4h tomorrow"

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > That is what I was wondering! For most of the LS chapters I have had the same pattern: come home soon after release, get to the new zone, buy the new node, harvest it, wait a couple hours (if I was fast enough), mine it again. Outside of quantity that is not substantially different than mining a regular node in the space of a few hours given the first mining is late and the second mining is early. It is not like you get an extra go at the node in the course of a week or so.

> > > > >

> > > > > Since I am an altoholic I try to rotate my bitterfrost gathering by the character I have not used lately. Vexingly though, my infinite unbound gathering tool is usually on one of the more recent character slots so without doing the tool shuffle ...

> > > >

> > > > I think I would rather be going to run fractals though rather than sat twiddling my fingers waiting for a node to reset.. I just couldn't see how that's at all fun, but hey that's me - each to their own :)

> > >

> > > That is not the problem at all. More it is "I have not taken this character through since yesterday so I should be good today" .... then finding out it has not been reset when you get there.

> > Yeah I know what you meant.. hence why I said each to there own.. personally I don't pay the same importance to node resets, if I let reset times control my game time, I would soon be bored as hell and look for a new fun fix.. but that's me :)

>

> I think maybe something is getting lost? Reset times do not control my game time. Think of it if you went to a fractal or whatever and when you got there there was a sign across it that said 'closed for maintenance'. Would you be somewhat annoyed and wished you had spent the time getting to the gate on something else?

AND you also had no idea how long it'd be down for so, if you wanted to do it, you'd have to keep going there and checking if it's up. Once it's up and you start doing fractals, you find out half of them are actually still down. That'd be a lot of fun, right? Imagine if the entire game worked the same way as gathering. You wanna do a dungeon? Sorry, you did it a bit later yesterday so you gotta wait. You wanna go SPvP? Half of it is closed because it hasn't reset yet. Fractals? Well, you just got to the last boss but it's not there yet because the rest resets 20h after you last killed it but last boss has a 23h reset timer.

> > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > I still don't understand why they just don't reset at server reset?

> > To prevent people from gathering shortly before the reset and then again shortly after the reset, i.e. twice in one - relatively short - session.

> Why is that something that needs preventing though?

"Needs" may be too strong a word, but I gather ANET has an interest in people coming back every day, as opposed to, say every 2nd day, to keep the world populated. So something that allows people to get two days worth of gathering in a single, short session right around reset time every two days would be against that interest.

> @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > I still don't understand why they just don't reset at server reset?

> > > To prevent people from gathering shortly before the reset and then again shortly after the reset, i.e. twice in one - relatively short - session.

> > Why is that something that needs preventing though?

> "Needs" may be too strong a word, but I gather ANET has an interest in people coming back every day, as opposed to, say every 2nd day, to keep the world populated. So something that allows people to get two days worth of gathering in a single, short session right around reset time every two days would be against that interest.

I'm not sure gathering is what keeps people coming back to the game and maintains a healthy population. But if that is their reasoning, why don't they do it with actual content that people actually play and care to have others around for? I mean, really, that's absurd.