New Legendary Dagger feedback

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

>

> I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

> >

> > I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

>

> Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Lexani.6152" said:

> > WOW Demon Hunter copy/paste?

>

> Demon Hunter is copy paste itself.

^This. Both Warcraft and Starcraft are heavy ripoffs of Warhammer Fantasy and 40K respectively. Old school Blizzard were not as imaginative as they are these days, hah.

Furthermore it is obviously more akin to a Klingon Sword of Honour than it is Demon Hunter's... whatevers.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > > It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

> > >

> > > I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

> >

> > Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

>

> Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

U arent wielding the actual thing so it w/e

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > > > It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

> > > >

> > > > I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

> > >

> > > Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

> >

> > Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

>

> U arent wielding the actual thing so it w/e

It's called Claw of the Khan Ur.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > > > > It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

> > > >

> > > > Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

> > >

> > > Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

> >

> > U arent wielding the actual thing so it w/e

>

> It's called Claw of the Khan Ur.

Calling it a replica wouldnt be wierd considering u throwing 2k+gold at zommoros for it.

The effects from the dagger are very muted; the brown footsteps blend into most environments (meaning u have to squirt ur eyes to observe the effect), the aura is lackluster and totally not creative(Koda's Blessing is more eye-popping than this). The on-hit crit effect is neat but since it only activates on crit, the visual effect is lost on tanky builds. All things considered, claw of khan-ur is a very uninspired legendary.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > > > > > It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

> > > > >

> > > > > Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

> > > >

> > > > Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

> > >

> > > U arent wielding the actual thing so it w/e

> >

> > It's called Claw of the Khan Ur.

>

> Calling it a replica wouldnt be wierd considering u throwing 2k+gold at zommoros for it.

So it's not a replica.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > > > > > > It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

> > > > >

> > > > > Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

> > > >

> > > > U arent wielding the actual thing so it w/e

> > >

> > > It's called Claw of the Khan Ur.

> >

> > Calling it a replica wouldnt be wierd considering u throwing 2k+gold at zommoros for it.

>

> So it's not a replica.

Calling it a replica would* be wierd considering u're throwing 2k+ at zommoros for it.

Sorry for ze typo.

first legendary that actually got me move my butt and start actually progressing towards it.

I wish there was more legendaries like this one.

as for Kheldorns issues I kinda lost hope for him at this point - he was explained at least 5 times but 6 different people that his acusations of the claw being "lore-breaking" does not hold water but he's still on it >.>

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > > > > > > > It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

> > > > >

> > > > > U arent wielding the actual thing so it w/e

> > > >

> > > > It's called Claw of the Khan Ur.

> > >

> > > Calling it a replica wouldnt be wierd considering u throwing 2k+gold at zommoros for it.

> >

> > So it's not a replica.

>

> Calling it a replica would* be wierd considering u're throwing 2k+ at zommoros for it.

>

> Sorry for ze typo.

nah, it would be calling in appropriate. Nothing in the game says it's replica, even in patch notes we are told we are crafting THE Claw of the Khan Ur.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > > > > > > > > It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > U arent wielding the actual thing so it w/e

> > > > >

> > > > > It's called Claw of the Khan Ur.

> > > >

> > > > Calling it a replica wouldnt be wierd considering u throwing 2k+gold at zommoros for it.

> > >

> > > So it's not a replica.

> >

> > Calling it a replica would* be wierd considering u're throwing 2k+ at zommoros for it.

> >

> > Sorry for ze typo.

>

> nah, it would be calling in appropriate. Nothing in the game says it's replica, even in patch notes we are told we are crafting THE Claw of the Khan Ur.

Well ye but if the patch told you "hey u are paying 2k+ gold for a fake" ppl would complain.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > U arent wielding the actual thing so it w/e

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's called Claw of the Khan Ur.

> > > > >

> > > > > Calling it a replica wouldnt be wierd considering u throwing 2k+gold at zommoros for it.

> > > >

> > > > So it's not a replica.

> > >

> > > Calling it a replica would* be wierd considering u're throwing 2k+ at zommoros for it.

> > >

> > > Sorry for ze typo.

> >

> > nah, it would be calling in appropriate. Nothing in the game says it's replica, even in patch notes we are told we are crafting THE Claw of the Khan Ur.

>

> Well ye but if the patch told you "hey u are paying 2k+ gold for a fake" ppl would complain.

Im sure zommoros and his business wouldnt like that.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > U arent wielding the actual thing so it w/e

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's called Claw of the Khan Ur.

> > > > >

> > > > > Calling it a replica wouldnt be wierd considering u throwing 2k+gold at zommoros for it.

> > > >

> > > > So it's not a replica.

> > >

> > > Calling it a replica would* be wierd considering u're throwing 2k+ at zommoros for it.

> > >

> > > Sorry for ze typo.

> >

> > nah, it would be calling in appropriate. Nothing in the game says it's replica, even in patch notes we are told we are crafting THE Claw of the Khan Ur.

>

> Well ye but if the patch told you "hey u are paying 2k+ gold for a fake" ppl would complain.

So it's not a fake. You really are inconsistent with your argumentantion. You;re trying to explain that legendaries are fakes - while it's never established - meanwhile saying that calli the Claw a fake is inappropriate.

You know, they could make literally anything for a dagger, treat it like other legendaries - an insignificant gold sink. But they deliberately decided to use the Claw, disrespecting the lore in the process. I believe they did this for one reason - they have no clue or desire to do anything with the Claw and just pretend GoA never happened.

You know, while theyre called "legendary weapons", in general, the only ones that have an actual legendaryish path are Nevermore, HOPE, Astralaria, Chuka and Champawat. And that is because of the achievements you need to do to get to make them. You can acquire pretty much every other either by byuing it from TP, ot just by byuing the necessary mithril/elder wood (a few people make the newer gen2 legies within minutes upon their release). Granted, the gifts of Maguuma mastery need some grinding, but... It just leaves no legendaryish feeling, to me at lesast...