SAB Mount skins!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> They should simply give us the possibility to set "standard mount/glider models", then add whatever they like.

> Also something in order to permanently disable minis spawn would be appreciated.

Indeed. All the current SAB stuff is ugly and inappropriate enough, but SAB mounts would be an order of magnitude worse. If such stuff is introduced, I demand a new setting to prevent eye cancer (i.e. display other people's mounts as standard models).

My tiny Asura Warrior, with no magical abilities what so ever just 1v1'd the human god of war and fire in a match atop a giant pyramid while a giant Purple dragon, the size of a small moon looked on. While an Army of Zombies held together by tar and an army of armor things that were once alive fight it out for the right to have front row seats to watch the Lil asura warrior (That's me) Kill balthy with mostly Burn dot's and bleeds.....God of War and fire lost to a tiny asura warrior using **BURN** Zerker with full Viper's gear. Point is, it's just a game, anything can happen, what normally should defy logic is still kinda enjoyable. BRING ON THE BEE DOGGGGGG RIDE OF THE VALKYRIE!!!

PS, How awesome would it be to take the Apocalypse Now scene and replace the Little birds and Huey's with BEE DOGGSSSS, put NSP Name plates above the Soldiers on the ground as they scatter and flee from HoD's wrath! RUN NSP!

Best War Movie ever.

> @"patton the great.7126" said:

> My tiny Asura Warrior, with no magical abilities what so ever just 1v1'd the human god of war and fire in a match atop a giant pyramid while a giant Purple dragon, the size of a small moon looked on. While an Army of Zombies held together by tar and an army of armor things that were once alive fight it out for the right to have front row seats to watch the Lil asura warrior (That's me) Kill balthy with mostly Burn dot's and bleeds.....God of War and fire lost to a tiny asura warrior using **BURN** Zerker with full Viper's gear. Point is, it's just a game, anything can happen, what normally should defy logic is still kinda enjoyable. BRING ON THE BEE DOGGGGGG RIDE OF THE VALKYRIE!!!

>

> PS, How awesome would it be to take the Apocalypse Now scene and replace the Little birds and Huey's with BEE DOGGSSSS, put NSP Name plates above the Soldiers on the ground as they scatter and flee from HoD's wrath! RUN NSP!

> Best War Movie ever.

All classes, including warrior, have magical abilities and use magic weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

If they made these I'd buy them, but I don't think they will because the style would require more than just reskin, at best you would need new models with tweaked animations (even if they were based on existing SAB stuff) and in the worst case you'd need a tweaked rig for it to look good.

Having said all that I don't particularly think SAB is stylistically good fit for mount skins, the only one I actually think might work is a revision on the shortcut eagle for the griffon, or king toad for springer. The others would feel kind of forced, unless they just made SAB styled raptor and skimmer etc. from scratch just for this that is never going to happen. But in the event that they were going to do this, I'd be curious as to how they would approach it and what we would end up with certainly.

• 2 years later...

Dear Anet,

More SAB mount skins please.

Sincerely,

Someone who already had their immersion broken by goku hair charr, queen bee infusions, confetti infusions, Quip, Dreamer, quaggan shield, pirate ship gun, birthday blaster, choya-on-a-stick, snowball tonic, bobblehead lab, aviator box, Aurene hat, fuzzy bear/panda/cat/frog/quaggan hat, cat ears, bunny ears, disco ball mace, rubber sword, giant frog tonic while holding a balloon, people playing Undertale music with a trumpet, Eggnog "helmet", GW2 logo T-shirt, GW2 logo baseball cap, endless embiggening tonic, endless miniature tonic, choya pinata tonic, boss chest tonic, furnature tonic, and tree tonic. And I just don't care. I just want a cool skin from a part of the game I love.

To everyone else: If you don't like it, you don't have to purchase it. It's my character, not yours. You go play dress-up however you want and leave me alone.

These SAB raptor skins are just too good! I love all the wacky sound effects and the animations are great! The preview window in the gemshop really doesn't do them justice at all. I bought one for myself and one for my friend who is enjoying her first experience with Super Adventure Box! We are absolutely in love with these skins!

One minor complaint: pricing. I think you should have released a set of 4 base skins (raptor, springer, jackal, skimmer) for the price of 1600 gems. This one was a bit steep. I'm not sure my enthusiasm for these skins will endure if you release them 1 at a time for 1600 each! I have my limits, you know! So maybe consider adding in the other 3 as part of a package and waiving the fee for those who already purchased the raptor?

No more obnoxious, annoying, soundblasting crappy SAB items in the game!

I hated the mini's when they came out due to the annoying loud noises.

I hated the SAB chair when it came out, due to its obnoxious bright and large size blocking the screen.

And I really hate the new mount due to its obnoxious bright blocky texture and sounds that are not fitting to the core game.

If this is the way, then please create a block skins button for selected player option! I do not want this ugly clutter of SAB skins.

I think the new mount skin is cute and well-made, but I'm confused that there still isn't a 'hide/show other player mount skins' that would allow you to revert them to defaults. Not only would it reduce visual clutter, but it'd let you make as many horrible/flashy/ugly skins as you wanted without impacting people.

More graphics options to go with your increasingly disruptive graphics, please.