32 slot bag is aweful :(

Apparently ANet has said the "invisible" nature of the bag is unintended and a fix is coming. Meanwhile you can, hmm, either not use it before the fix, or put it to the bottom of your inventory and fill it chock full with things you're keeping so nothing new goes into it; that still has the effect of giving you the extra slots to use.

If you carry around as much junk as I do, anyway.

I pushed mine all the way to the bottom and used it to replace 2 20s I kept things in that I didn't want to sell. I made some decisions for the 8 slots I lost, moved a few things around (not everything that was in there needed to be) and then pushed all my bags down so I got 2 new free 20s up top under my main bag for all the new goodies to drop into.

My only concern now is there is a rumor that they might get rid of the 'invisible' part of the bag, which would really suck for me. I 'think' it's mostly all safe stuff. I'm not so much worried about accidentally selling as accidentally 'salvaging', and I need some place to store my 3 stacks of UNIDs (blues and greens I sell when I get a lot, yellows I open). I might have a few other stray things that 'might' get accidentally salvaged, but I don't think so, as all my gear is either exotic or ascended, and that never gets auto-salvaged.

What I really hope is they add a mystic forge recipe that allows us to convert the bag to whatever type (or combo of types) we want.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> I pushed mine all the way to the bottom and used it to replace 2 20s I kept things in that I didn't want to sell. I made some decisions for the 8 slots I lost, moved a few things around (not everything that was in there needed to be) and then pushed all my bags down so I got 2 new free 20s up top under my main bag for all the new goodies to drop into.

>

> My only concern now is there is a rumor that they might get rid of the 'invisible' part of the bag, which would really suck for me. I 'think' it's mostly all safe stuff. I'm not so much worried about accidentally selling as accidentally 'salvaging', and I need some place to store my 3 stacks of UNIDs (blues and greens I sell when I get a lot, yellows I open). I might have a few other stray things that 'might' get accidentally salvaged, but I don't think so, as all my gear is either exotic or ascended, and that never gets auto-salvaged.

>

> What I really hope is they add a mystic forge recipe that allows us to convert the bag to whatever type (or combo of types) we want.

I did almost the same as you, put it as my second-to-bottom bag over my 20-slot invisible bag. (I schlep a lot of junk around with me.)

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> ...or put it to the bottom of your inventory and fill it chock full with things you're keeping so nothing new goes into it; that still has the effect of giving you the extra slots to use.

>

> If you carry around as much junk as I do, anyway.

Yup that's what I did. And my biggest bag before this was 20 slots so it was a big improvement.

To be fair it would have been wiser of ANet to just keep it as a default no fuss 32 slot bag, and add any other functionality through some sort of upgrading recipe (mystic forge or otherwise).

Honestly i already have 20 slot invisible bags, and don't really need anything bigger than that. Any increases in my bag size, especially if it's my largest bag, at least the way i organize my stuff needs to always be a regular bag. Because the stuff that fills up bags the most is junk, not stuff you don't want to sell.

At most i usually have 2/5 bags with stuff that will not be salvaged or sold at first changes. There's some exceptions, like my main character that because he has the old maximum amount of bag slots (8-10?), all with 20 slot bags, i tend to keep more Living world weird drops and such on it.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> I pushed mine all the way to the bottom and used it to replace 2 20s I kept things in that I didn't want to sell. I made some decisions for the 8 slots I lost, moved a few things around (not everything that was in there needed to be) and then pushed all my bags down so I got 2 new free 20s up top under my main bag for all the new goodies to drop into.

>

This and I love it.

The invisible function allows me to keep all sort of Champion/Legendary bags in it that I don't intend on opening until I've maxed by Luck, so until then I don't want them those items showing up in the vendor window or to salvage them(almost to 250 Phylactories, and all other bags sorted in descending order by quantity). Yes, I have 32 different types of these bags I don't want to open or salvage yet.

It's fairly obvious that I was opening loot from Tequatl in the first screenshot (and thus all of the loot piles into each of my empty bags, including the new 32 slot bag), and had just deposited materials in the second after opening more bags. Except for anything that gets tossed in the new bag can't be salvaged or materials can't be deposited without moving it out of that bag. Annoying as heck.

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> I hope they don't change the function of this bag. It works perfectly as an invisible bag.

It's too big for me. My characters all have invisible bags in the bottom slot so I can keep permanent stuff at the bottom of my inventory while it fills up from the top during play. I can't seem to fill 20 slots on any character so it occasionally happens that loot spills over into the invisible bag and needs to be taken out manually. Every one of the 12 slots this bag adds has that problem.