PvP/WvW Skill Split Release – Part 2

Gaile Gray.6029

Looks like devs are on good way to make ele unplayable.

Why dev's won't nerf sword build's? Come on devs...people play it so why not? I bet there is mystical reason to do that like ,,because it exists". They are playable and last few balance patches gave me impression that dev's nerf ,,playable" build's...like actual build performance or meta relevancy is not important.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ragion.2831" said:

> Soothing bastion. Lol please stop trolling Rev, it was funny for the first 6 months, now its getting old.

>

> This is supposed to be a grandmaster trait. That used to mean something

>

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Honor.1982" said:

> > > to me it looks like you havent even attempted to read the communities posts and went ahead with with what you already had planned.

> > >

> > > btw thanks for the dagger buffs on necro while ruining power/support scourge

> >

> > Oh they did read the communities post.

> >

> > All the" nerf this/ Its OP " threads are well represented in this list

> >

> > --Feedback--

> >

> > Your goal to increase the viability of other builds falls so short it's appalling.

> >

> > You can not do a blanket nerf to one build without effecting others.

> > You are not making more builds viable by nerfing one powerful build and then doing nothing to make other builds desirable.

> > All you do is shift classes out of the meta entirely, while promoting the next best classes.

> >

> > You pattern for years has been as far as what has been OP or over represented in competative environments goes something like this.

> >

> > Too much damage--

> > Your response is to nerf damage

> >

> > Too much support-

> > You nerf support and leave damage in subpar levels

> >

> > Too much condi-

> > You nerf condi and then buff power damage and support

> >

> > Repeat:

> >

> > Over and over and over again.

> >

> > Remember the first year of this game.

> > too much damage-

> >

> > damage was nerfed-

> >

> > Cele bunkers become dominant-

> >

> > you nerf cele bunkers

> >

> > Condi mesmers become dominant-

> > you nerf mes

> >

> > warr does too much damage now-

> > you nerf war

> >

> > guardian does too much support-

> >

> > nerf guard-

> >

> > thief does too much condi-

> >

> > you nerf theif.

> >

> > repeat with different classes.

> >

> >

> > At some point. Someone needs to break this cycle,

> > When you nerf things, you need to look closer at the interactions of the class and make sure you are not simultaneously killing the class and ALL builds it could have.

> > You need to not listen to every nerf me thread and instead try getting in the game, playing with the change.

> > Even opening up a beta weekend and letting players play with the changes is much much better then totally leaving us with a broken meta for 6 more months.

> >

> >

>

> I'm sorry but this makes no sense. Its almost like this is the first multiplayer game you've played.

sometimes I wish it was, would have saved a lot in sub fees.

Please though be more specific about what doesn't make sense.

Are you confused with the request?

Are you confused with the pattern?

What could be dumbed down so that it is easier for you to comprehend?

>This is how balancing works.

>Something becomes oppressive, it gets nerfed to give players more gameplay options.

This is the issue.

It doesn't give you more gameplay options, in fact it does the EXACT opposite.

It jumps from one class being oppressive to the next.

Is this the first time you have been in this game dealing with these repeat balance changes?

> The entire point of this Nerf campaign is so we dont all have to live and die by the meta. Dont know what you mean by "leaving us with a broken meta"

Read the history of Spvp from 2012. OR

Ask your friendly neighborhood spvp vet about the repeat in the meta we have had since 2012.

Research is easy when you actually try.

>We dont know what the meta is going to be after all the changes.

It repeats usually so we most certainly do.

Here I'll help you.

If you nerf damage and don't nerf the ability for people to bunker points what is going to be op ?

Again, you would know this if you researched it.

Or experienced it for 6 years

> ## Elementalist

>

> **Skills**

>

> - Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW

>

> (...)

>

> ### Traits

>

> (...)

>

> - Electric Discharge: Reduced damage by 28% in PvP and WvW

As already said, Weaver FA needs some damage nerfs which is fine. But with Arcane Blast and Electric Discharge, you hurt not only core FA ele, but also various other off meta specs like Lightning rod, staff and stuff.

Instead consider giving Fresh Air an internal cooldown of 1 second or so. You would reduce the burst only of Weaver FA while hardly touching the other builds. You might also enable Weaver FA to get a more interesting gameplay by using other attunement's 4/5 skills than just camping on double air for the whole time which leads to boring gameplay (not considering the challanging positioning it requires). The problem is not Electric Discharge, it is Fresh Air in combination with Weaver's double attunement.

I am actually okay with the rest, even though just increasing CDs for passives instead of reworking them - and/or parallel traits - seems like a lazy solution. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" : I have a question for the SPvP Team.

I know that changing too much skills and traits could be a pain for some players which play all 3 game modes, but since you seem to understand that passive skills are definitely a bad thing for the SPvP scenario ( you removed all the sigils which had a passive proc I.E. ), have you considered the possibility to totally rework passive traits into something else? Maybe also for WvW and SPvP.

It would be a great work which could need months, but at the end we will have all classes with no more passive traits ( just flat stuff, depends the game style we want to follow ).

I will make some examples for the thief class:

>Panic Strike: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. The WvW version of this trait will now use the PvP immobilize duration of 1.5 seconds

Could be converted into something like

* incrase your power by XXX on poisoned targets

> Instant Reflexes: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

* on successful dodge you gain 2 sec superspeed

> Pain response: Increased the cooldown from 16 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only

* conditions applied on you have their duration reduced by 20%

> Hard to Catch: Increased the cooldown from 45 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

* On successful dodge you gain a "hard to catch" stack. You gain back 5 energy on a successful next dodge ( and another stack of "hard to catch. Max 3 stacks ). You lose all your stacks if you don't dodge any attack.

It would be then only skill related, and without random passives ( which the enemy nor you don't know if they are active or not ).

It also would be way better for both PvE and SPvE in terms of strategy and positioning.

I do really hope that in the future you will pursue this way, removing all passive traits ( in terms of defense and those with internal GCD ) from all classes.

i like the overall changes. FB do have an enormous healing potential, Revenants coalesence can 1 hit ppl and scourges deserve a larger cool down on almost everything.

the only thing i think should be added in addition to the upcoming Elementalist changes is a change to the trait electric discharge. currently due to the weaver spec its abused by procing it twice with fresh air, since you are able to swap to air twice in this situation. i think it should be changed so it doens't happen more then once, swapping into air, or it should receive a 1 or 3 seconds internal cooldown so it isn't used 2 times within a second. reading back my fellow elementalist has explained this in a better way:

.> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > ## Elementalist

> >

> > **Skills**

> >

> > - Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW

> >

> > (...)

> >

> > ### Traits

> >

> > (...)

> >

> > - Electric Discharge: Reduced damage by 28% in PvP and WvW

>

> Instead consider giving Fresh Air an internal cooldown of 1 second or so. You would reduce the burst only of Weaver FA while hardly touching the other builds. You might also enable Weaver FA to get a more interesting gameplay by using other attunement's 4/5 skills than just camping on double air for the whole time which leads to boring gameplay (not considering the challanging positioning it requires). The problem is not Electric Discharge, it is Fresh Air in combination with Weaver's double attunement.

>

> I am actually okay with the rest, even though just increasing CDs for passives instead of reworking them - and/or parallel traits - seems like a lazy solution. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

> @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > **Elusive Mind completely destroyed**

> > This design conflicts with the overall design of mirage dodge currently functions ,mirage can't dodge means losing everything. It's like holo cant use f5, this talent is completely destroyed!

> > You plan to prevent a continuous breaking stun,isn't it?please use my design!

> > ..........................................................................................................................................................................

> > **Elusive Mind**

> > **remove 1 condition**

> > **endurance over than 80 --->breaking a stun**

> > **endurance less than 80 --->return 10 endurance after dodge**

> > ..........................................................................................................................................................................

> >

> > Mes can't successive remove stun unless dodge is not used for a while and it has the meaning of existence

> **Daredevils** have to deal with *Exhaustion*, too, for a trait, which provides much less advantages than the **Mirages’** version. So, stop all the whining.

>

>

Mirage can dodge when cced without elusive mind. This makes elusive mind a *hindrance* for any cc effect that is less than 1 second long - where you can dodge without EM and just wait out the cc with evade frames, while maintaining endurance regen. Totally different from daredevil and the reason why exhaustion makes no sense on mirage.

@Devs, there have been numerous suggestions of alternative solutions for Elusive Mind that would be functional and appropriate for mirage. At the very least a 10+s ICD on stunbreak with UI indicator would be a better solution than exhaustion.

Alternatively if ICDs are not preferred or it's difficult to create a suitable UI effect, please see other suggestions in this thread and the previous thread, with solutions including:

- convert all cc into a self daze (lasting for the remaining duration of the cc effect) with no ICD

- put stunbreak on jaunt instead of EM (perhaps have EM detarget when dodging below x endurance instead).

- I like ZeteCommander's suggestion of breaking stun when above "x" endurance and returning 10 endurance when dodging below "x" endurance.

There have been other suggestions which I hope will be posted again in here by others, but at the very least please consider the Internal Cooldown solution (for stunbreak only, not condi cleanse - that part is balanced and should remain on every dodge) which would make more sense in the context of mirage.

I don't understand why you nerfed Core Ranger and Soulbeast when it was _only_ Druid that was overperforming.

Please rethink almost all of those ranger changes.

I mean... Shared Anguish was already a _garbage_ tier trait and it received a 50% cooldown increase. Seriously?

I kept track of nearly every single ranger related suggestion in the first thread and I don't think any of them were listened to. The only changes you made were to make them PvP only.

- The MH axe changes are irrelevant.

- MH dagger will still be trash.

- You hurt Core Ranger and Soulbeast when they are perfectly fine.

- You didn't actually address the problems with Druid.

The two best changes are the ones to Signet of Stone and Two-Handed Training. The others just missed their marks and/or are irrelevant.

I'd recommend reading this thread.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30084/shadowfalls-split-feedback#latest

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> ## Ranger

>

> ### Skills

>

> 1. Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP only

> 2. Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse by 15% in PvP only

> 3. Solar Beam: Reduced damage per strike by 17% in PvP only

> 4. Signet of Stone: Reduced the duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 80 seconds to 40 in PvP and WvW

> 5. Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only

> 6. Ricochet: Increased damage by 14% in PvP and WvW. Increased Might duration from 5 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW

> 7. Winter's Bite: Increased damage from 20% in PvP and WvW. Increased the Bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvW

> 8. Splitblade: Increased damage per axe by 33% in PvP and WvW

> 9. Instinctive Engage: Increased damage by67% in PvP and WvW

> 10. Healing Spring: Increased the number of conditions cleansed per pulse from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW

### Skills

1. Decent.

2. Decent.

3. Why? No one asked for this.

4. Great.

5. Absolutely terrible.

6. Pointless change. You can buff the numbers on axe all you want, it's just a bad weapon to take.

7. Pointless change. You can buff the numbers on axe all you want, it's just a bad weapon to take.

8. Pointless change. You can buff the numbers on axe all you want, it's just a bad weapon to take.

9. Pointless change. You can buff the numbers on dagger all you want, it's just a bad weapon to take.

10. Decent. However, Healing Spring will still remain unviable. Cooldown needs to be reduced to 20 seconds, the duration to 5 seconds, and the base healing to 6k.

>

> ### Traits

>

> 1. Stoneform: Increased the cooldown from 70 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> 2. Shared Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> 3. Protective Ward: Increased the cooldown from 18 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only

> 4. Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only

> 5. Rugged Growth: Reduced healing coefficient contribution by 50% in PvP only

> 6. Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP only

> 7. Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> 8. "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> 9. Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> 10. Ambidexterity: Increased the Condition Damage granted from 150 to 240 in PvP and WvW

> 11. Two-Handed Training: Increased the bonus damage from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW

### Traits

1. Pointless change.

2. Absolutely terrible.

3. Nerf to Core Ranger and Soulbeast.

4. Nerf to Core Ranger and Soulbeast.

5. Nerf to Core Ranger and Soulbeast.

6. Decent.

7. Nerf to Core Ranger and Soulbeast.

8. Nerf to Core Ranger and Soulbeast.

9. Nerf to Core Ranger and Soulbeast.

10. Pointless change. 90 extra condition damage is meaningless.

11. Great.

> @"Klypto.1703" said:

> None of this changes the dominance of spellbreaker or scourge.

>

> 1. Still have all these aspects of classes converting condition to boons which is just an all you can eat buffet for spellbreaker and scourge.

To be fair this and a lot of problems with balance in this game are down to the overall system and the notion that classes should be able to do "everything" (or nearly everything) at once, balance is always going to be bad in this game, there isn't that much they can do given that.

Games that are much more strict either through hard roles for the class or at least hard roles through the trait/skill system, do a much better job, so something as powerful as boon corruption/stripping would go to a support class, which in a game with hard roles would provide balance because the support class would have limited damage options, maybe limited survivability, etc, so you need other classes as part of the team, you don't get the ridiculous levels of dominance and stacking like you do in this game.

Having virtually every class able to everything (or most things) in a single build in a supposed class based game is just terrible design, it appeals to noobs who think it gives them "choice" (which it doesn't in reality) and who don't understand weaknesses and the stuff you can't do on a class/build in a class based game are as important as what you can do, but the game is stuck with it, so...

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> **A message from the Competitive and Skills & Balance Teams:**

>

> Hi folks! The Competitive and Skills & Balance Teams are back to present the second iteration of our future balance release, which will focus almost entirely on PvP and WvW skill splits.

>

> We appreciate the feedback that you provided in the [initial thread](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/29690/pvp-wvw-skill-split-release) on this subject, and would like to share our current thinking on the balance changes. We invite you to give these proposed changes a review and, as always, we'll be watching for your constructive feedback!

>

> # High Level Goals

>

> Reduce influence of passive traits. (PvP not WvW)

>

> - Passive skills make the game less skillful.

> - The prevalence of passives is a common competitive player complaint. (PvP only)

>

> Increase build diversity

>

> - By decreasing the power of some of the more dominant builds, we hope to give increased viability to builds that previously were pushed out by these dominant specs. We're also increasing power levels in some targeted areas that previously were underperforming.

>

> Reduce effectiveness of offensive instant cast skills/traits

>

> - Instant cast spells don't give players an opportunity to respond. While we don't want to remove combos utilizing instant cast abilities, we wanted to reduce the impact they have.

>

> # General

>

> - Rune of Surging has been removed from the PvP build panel

> - Magi Amulet has been removed from the PvP build panel}}

>

> ## Warrior

>

> ### Skills

>

> - Full Counter: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW

> - Dagger Autoattack chain: Reduced overall damage by 15% in PvP and WvW

> - Aura Slicer: Increased cooldown from 6 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Disrupting Stab: Reduced stun duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvP and WvW

> - Breaching Strike: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW

> - Break Enchantments: Reduced damage by 50%. Increased the number of boons removed from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW

> - Featherfoot Grace: Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Frenzy: Reduced the cooldown from 50 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased Might granted from 5 stacks to 10 stacks in PvP and WvW

> - Rampage Reduced the cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

> - Kick: Reduced the cooldown from 6 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Dash: Reduced the cooldown from 6 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Throw Boulder: Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Seismic Leap: Reduced the cooldown from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Battle Standard: Reduced the cooldown from 240 seconds to 180 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Crushing Blow: Increased damage by 25% in PvP and WvW. Adjusted Vulnerability applied from 10 stacks for 10 seconds to 15 stacks for 6 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Tremor: Increased knockdown duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Sword Autoattack chain: Increased overall damage by 22% in PvP and WvW

> - Flurry: Increased damage by 71% in PvP and WvW

> - Savage Leap: Increased damage by 33% in PvP and WvW

> - Flaming Flurry: Increased damage by 92% in PvP and WvW

> - "To the Limit!": Increased endurance granted from 50 to 100

> - Blood Reckoning: Increased damage to healing conversion from 20% to 25% in PvP and WvW. Increased Adrenaline gained from 10 to 30 in PvP and WvW

> - "On My Mark!": Adjusted Vulnerability applied from 10 stacks for 10 seconds to 15 stacks for 6 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced ammo recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW.

> - "For Great Justice!": Adjusted Might granted from 6 stacks for 25 seconds to 12 stacks for 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - "Shake It Off!": Increased the number of conditions cleansed from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW

>

> ### Traits

>

> - Defy Pain: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Last Stand: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Shrug it Off: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only

> - Dead or Alive: Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only

>

> ## Revenant

>

> ### Skills

>

> - Coalescence of Ruin: Reduced damage of the second impact by -14% in WvW only. Reduced damage of the third impact by 22% in WvW only.

> - Razorclaw's Rage: Increased the Bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Icerazor's Ire: Increased damage by 24% in PvP and WvW

> - Soothing Stone: Increased the number of conditions cleansed from 3 to 5 in PvP and WvW

> - Vengeful Hammers: Reduced the upkeep cost from 7 to 6 in PvP and WvW

> - Forced Engagement: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 10. Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Embrace the Darkness: Increased the attribute bonus from 10% to 15% in PvP and WvW

> - Banish Enchantments: Increased the number of boons removed from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW

> - Pain Absorption: Reduced the energy cost from 35 to 30 in PvP and WvW

>

> ### Traits

>

> - Eye for an Eye: Increased the cooldown from 45 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Versed in Stone: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Soothing Bastion: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only

>

> ## Guardian

>

> ### Skills

>

> - Tome of Resolve – Epilogue: Eternal Oasis: Reduced the bonus heal effectiveness from 33% to 20% in PvP and WvW

> - Tome of Resolve – Chapter 2: Radiant Recovery: Reduced the healing per condition cleansed by 35% in PvP and WvW

> - Tome of Resolve – Chapter 1: Desert Bloom: Reduced healing by 17% in PvP and WvW

> - Signet of Resolve: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Leap of Faith: Increased damage by 14% in PvP and WvW

> - Signet of Mercy: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Sword of Justice: Reduced the ammo recharge time from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Bow of Truth: Reduced the ammo recharge time from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Hammer of Wisdom: Reduced the ammo recharge time from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Feel my Wrath: Reduced the cooldown from 45 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW

>

> ### Traits

>

> - Virtuous Solace: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Hunter's Determination: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Zealous Blade: Increased the bonus damage from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW

>

> ## Thief

>

> ### Skills

>

> - Dagger Autoattack chain: Reduced damages by 15% overall in PvP and WvW

> - Sword Autoattack chain: Reduced damages by 14% overall in PvP and WvW

> - Roll for Initiative: Increased the cooldown from 35 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Cloak and Dagger: Reduced the initiative cost from 6 to 5 in PvP and WvW

> - Signet of Shadows: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Assassin's Signet: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Smoke Screen: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Dagger Storm: Reduced the cooldown from 90 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Hide in Shadows: Increased the base healing by 15% in PvP and WvW

> - Skelk Venom: Increased the venom heal per hit by 25% in PvP and WvW

> - Larcenous Strike: Reduced damage by 15% in PvP and WvW

>

> ### Traits

>

> - Pulmonary Impact: Reduced damage by 29% in PvP and WvW

> - Upper Hand: Increased the cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Panic Strike: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. The WvW version of this trait will now use the PvP immobilize duration of 1.5 seconds

> - Instant Reflexes: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Pain response: Increased the cooldown from 16 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only

> - Hard to Catch: Increased the cooldown from 45 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

>

> ## Ranger

>

> ### Skills

>

> - Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP only

> - Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse by 15% in PvP only

> - Solar Beam: Reduced damage per strike by 17% in PvP only

> - Signet of Stone: Reduced the duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 80 seconds to 40 in PvP and WvW

> - Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only

> - Ricochet: Increased damage by 14% in PvP and WvW. Increased Might duration from 5 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Winter's Bite: Increased damage from 20% in PvP and WvW. Increased the Bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Splitblade: Increased damage per axe by 33% in PvP and WvW

> - Instinctive Engage: Increased damage by67% in PvP and WvW

> - Healing Spring: Increased the number of conditions cleansed per pulse from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW

>

> ### Traits

>

> - Stoneform: Increased the cooldown from 70 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Shared Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Protective Ward: Increased the cooldown from 18 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only

> - Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only

> - Rugged Growth: Reduced healing coefficient contribution by 50% in PvP only

> - Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP only

> - Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> - "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> - Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> - Ambidexterity: Increased the Condition Damage granted from 150 to 240 in PvP and WvW

> - Two-Handed Training: Increased the bonus damage from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW

>

> ## Engineer

>

> ### Skills

>

> - Crystal Configuration: Eclipse: The stability portion of this trait will now be applied only upon successful hits of Corona Burst

> - Light Strike: Reduced damage by 40% in PvP only

> - Holo Leap: Reduced damage by 17% in PvP only

> - Corona Burst: Reduced the Might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only

> - Holographic Shockwave: Reduced damage by 22% in PvP only

> - Spectrum Shield: Increased the shield duration from 3 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Poison Dart Volley: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Glue Shot: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Mortar Shot: Increased damage by 25% in PvP and WvW

> - Poison Gas Shell: Increased damage by 33% in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Endothermic Shell: Increased damage by 33% in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 20 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Flash Shell: Increased damage by 33% in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Box of Nails: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Magnet: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Throw Mine: Increased the damage by 11% in PvP and WvW

> - Static Shock (A.E.D.): Increased the stun duration from 1 second to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Elixir X: Reduced the duration of Tornado and Rampage transforms from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 105 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Detection Pulse radius increased from 600 to 1200 in PvP and WvW.

>

> ### Traits

>

> - Aim Assisted Rocket: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvW

> - Minesweeper: Reduced damage of each mine by 33% in PvP and WvW

> - Vent Exhaust: Reduced damage by 32% in PvP and WvW

> - Protection Injection: Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only

> - Self-Regulating Defenses: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Reactive Lenses: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

>

> ## Elementalist

>

> **Skills**

>

> - Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW

> - Glyph of Renewal: Reduced the cooldown from 165 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Stone Resonance: Increased the base Barrier granted per pulse by 10% in PvP and WvW

> - Lesser Stone Resonance: Increased the base Barrier granted per pulse by 10% in PvP and WvW

> - Shatterstone Increased damage by 66% in PvP and WvW

> - Impale: Increased damage by 28% in PvP and WvW

> - Ashen Blast: Increased damage by 43% in PvP and WvW

> - Steam Surge: Increased damage by 50% in PvP and WvW

> - Lightning Touch: Increased damage by 50% in PvP and WvW

> - Ring of Earth: Increased the number of Bleeding stacks from 1 to 3 in PvP and WvW

> - Tornado: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.

> - Elemental Requiem: Reduced the cooldown from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Dust Charge: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 7 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Arcane Blast: Reduced the maximum Ammo count from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW

>

> ### Traits

>

> - Burning Fire: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only

> - Tempest Defense: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only

> - Earth's Embrace: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Soothing Ice: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only

> - Final Shielding: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Gale Song: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Pyromancer's Puissance: Adjusted the Might granted from 1 stack for 15 seconds to 2 stacks for 10 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Electric Discharge: Reduced damage by 28% in PvP and WvW

>

> ## Mesmer

>

> ### Skills

>

> - Illusion of Life: Reduced the cooldown from 120 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Phantasmal Disenchanter: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Jaunt: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvW

> - Illusionary Riposte: Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Illusionary Swordsman: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased the number of might stacks from 8 to 4 in PvP and WvW

> - Mirror Blade: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW

> - Signet of the Ether: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Illusionary Counter: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW

>

> ### Traits

>

> - Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 3 seconds of Exhaustion when breaking a stun

> - Compounding Power: Reduced the outgoing damage buff per stack from 3% to 2% in PvP and WvW

> - Phantasmal Force: Reduced the Might granted from 3 stacks to 2 stacks in PvP and WvW

> - Mirror of Anguish: Increased cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damages by 15% and 30% to 10% and 20% respectively in PvP and WvW

> - Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced Stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased Might stacks from 5 to 3 in PvP and WvW

>

> ## Necromancer

>

> ### Skills

>

> - Garish Pillar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Desert Shroud: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Ghastly Breach: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Plague Signet: Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Trail of Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Signet of Undeath: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Life Siphon: Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Dark Pact: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Signet of Vampirism: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the base heal by 25% in PvP and WvW

> - Well of Blood: Increased the base heal by 15% in PvP and WvW. Increased the heal per pulse by 75% in PvP and WvW

> - Spectral Grasp: Reduced the cooldown from 50 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Blood is Power: Adjusted the Might granted from 10 stacks for 10 seconds to 15 stacks for 6 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Well of Suffering: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the amount of Vulnerability applied per pulse from 2 stacks to 4 stacks in PvP and WvW.

> - Signet of the Locust: Increased damage by 54% in PvP and WvW. Increased the base heal per hit by 29% in PvP and WvW

>

> ### Traits

>

> - Reaper's Protection: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Last Gasp: Increased the cooldown from 50 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP only

Hey Gaile,

Thanks for sharing this with us. If possible, please pass this along to the team, if they do not already see this.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/31652/core-scrapper-trait-change#latest

The provided link has posts (mostly from me) on some possible changes for some core traits/skills, and a few scrapper trait changes. This is purely for the purpose of giving the devs some possible ideas to maybe implement in the near future. Thanks!

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > @"Klypto.1703" said:

> > None of this changes the dominance of spellbreaker or scourge.

> >

> > 1. Still have all these aspects of classes converting condition to boons which is just an all you can eat buffet for spellbreaker and scourge.

>

> To be fair this and a lot of problems with balance in this game are down to the overall system and the notion that classes should be able to do "everything" (or nearly everything) at once, balance is always going to be bad in this game, there isn't that much they can do given that.

>

> Games that are much more strict either through hard roles for the class or at least hard roles through the trait/skill system, do a much better job, so something as powerful as boon corruption/stripping would go to a support class, which in a game with hard roles would provide balance because the support class would have limited damage options, maybe limited survivability, etc, so you need other classes as part of the team, you don't get the ridiculous levels of dominance and stacking like you do in this game.

>

> Having virtually every class able to everything (or most things) in a single build in a supposed class based game is just terrible design, it appeals to noobs who think it gives them "choice" (which it doesn't in reality) and who don't understand weaknesses and the stuff you can't do on a class/build in a class based game are as important as what you can do, but the game is stuck with it, so...

The design has no counter play against them so of course they are going to be stacked until anet puts in a counter to them.

"why should I be limited to having to choose a build that has protection, quickness, or poison? If I do not use any of these, it ends up that my trait from the second column is completely useless and will not do any good, enough for one to have 7% damage we need to have fury, can someone from the arenanet balance this with changes when he has the next balancing" -

each time you do a balancing, the only class I see needing buff is renegade and some types of pet other than smokescale, bristlback, jacaranda. In the rest is each person learn to play, can do a thousand balances, will always have a crying without precision about their class.

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > @"Klypto.1703" said:

> > None of this changes the dominance of spellbreaker or scourge.

> >

> > 1. Still have all these aspects of classes converting condition to boons which is just an all you can eat buffet for spellbreaker and scourge.

>

> To be fair this and a lot of problems with balance in this game are down to the overall system and the notion that classes should be able to do "everything" (or nearly everything) at once, balance is always going to be bad in this game, there isn't that much they can do given that.

>

> Games that are much more strict either through hard roles for the class or at least hard roles through the trait/skill system, do a much better job, so something as powerful as boon corruption/stripping would go to a support class, which in a game with hard roles would provide balance because the support class would have limited damage options, maybe limited survivability, etc, so you need other classes as part of the team, you don't get the ridiculous levels of dominance and stacking like you do in this game.

>

> Having virtually every class able to everything (or most things) in a single build in a supposed class based game is just terrible design, it appeals to noobs who think it gives them "choice" (which it doesn't in reality) and who don't understand weaknesses and the stuff you can't do on a class/build in a class based game are as important as what you can do, but the game is stuck with it, so...

Zinks, I agree with you so much here. Every profession should be able to run a build that performs a specific role indeed, however, not all roles in one build. That is THE fundamental flaw with the builds currently, and hence why builds are meta. Because they are good in ALL scenarios and provide the utmost optimal solution for any given situation. When these said builds are paired/vs each other, then each build might have a greater flaw, but it's hard to tell when faced/paired with other builds that are not meta, because the meta builds can do everything the non-meta builds can do, plus more. I think you hit the nail on the head with this, and it has been something I have been trying to preach for a while now.

Also, I do believe that some professions should be able to perform better than all others in certain roles, i.g. thieves should naturally be THE BEST if they run with a build that focuses on mobility, +1ing fights, and bursting down low/priority targets. If I am not mistaken, Engineers were supposed to kind of be the jack of all trades kind of profession, but we don't really see that due to functionality of some traits. If an Engineer runs a build that focuses on being pretty good (not extremely good) at all things, he should be able to do that better than the other professions because that is how they should be designed, but if running a build that does some other specific role, he should be able to do it as well (but not altogether with 5 other roles).

I can't stress enough that Core Ranger and Soulbeast should remain almost entirely **untouched** in this balance update. The ranger class needs a lot of QoL changes over anything else. Nerfing core traitlines in an attempt to balance an overperforming elite specialization is extremely bad and hurts build diversity more than it helps it.

Nerf Druid through its traitlines/Celestial Avatar skills alone. Please do not nerf Core Ranger and Soulbeast when they aren't an issue.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> I can't stress enough that Core Ranger and Soulbeast should remain almost entirely **untouched** in this balance update. The ranger class needs a lot of QoL changes over anything else. Nerfing core traitlines in an attempt to balance an overperforming elite specialization is extremely bad and hurts build diversity more than it helps it.

>

> Nerf Druid through its traitlines/Celestial Avatar skills alone. Please do not nerf Core Ranger and Soulbeast when they aren't an issue.

I think I can agree with this. The stone signet nerf was definitely needed, but definitely don't kill core traitlines too much, toning down is ok but not to an extreme extent. The issue does indeed lie in avatar skills (healing capability) and druid traitlines mostly.

Completely agree with Jay above - rev shouldn't be about damage buffs, it should be about looking at some of the skills and making the class more viable and fun in competitive modes (other than zerk hammer in WvW).

Please stop trying to fix rev shortbow with a minor damage buffs. It needs an evade/movement/portal skill to make it useful, as you did with thief SB. A 900 range condi weapon needs mobility - you can't burst people down so need to be able to move.

Kalla's NPCs are pointless in PvP and in WvW especially - the pulsing AOEs are ridiculously telegraphed, weak and CCable. No other class has tells that extreme (except spellbreaker elite bubble), and the effects aren't appropriately powered. I think they were intended as group support for modes like WvW, but they just don't work. How about making the cost higher, making them affect more allies with much larger AOEs - that way a renegade with good situational awareness could be useful, and the higher cost could punish poor play.

Damage buffs will just lead to overpowered builds like the current backline hammer rev, which you're now nerfing. Don't give revenants damage buffs to stop them complaining, give them useful skills to encourage skill.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> It would be a great work which could need months, but at the end we will have all classes with no more passive traits ( just flat stuff, depends the game style we want to follow ).

I definitely agree that getting rid of passives should be the ultimate goal. Playing Thief, it's always been about an active playstyle.

However, I would say that the absolute worst offenders, thus should be priority, are traits, skills, and effects that deliberately and passively punish players who "outplay" others. They do not simply protect or mitigate damage/effects, but they actually punish successful attacks. These would include traits as the Mesmer's Mirror of Anguish and the Necromancer's Reaper's Protection. There is absolutely no way to know if they are traited or active. And while they are not as insidious as the traits, effects such as Retaliation really shouldn't be in the game. At least Reflection can be countered.

The next tier of offenders, I would say are invulnerabilities. Dodges, blocks, and short-term (< 1 second) evasions are needed. But skills where you are completely immune to direct damage while still being able to fight need to go... especially if you're still able to hold/capture a point. Yes, I'm talking to you Endure Pain and Signet of Stone. At least Stability can be countered and Resistance can be stripped/corrupted.

And just a couple of pet peeves of mine...

1. The Elementalist's Vapor Form should not be able to pass through gateway portals. It makes them near invincible in some game types.

2. The Thief's Shadow Trap needs to be a teleport instead of a shadow step... at least in PvP.