Ambrite Weapons Collection

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> Guys, let me be clear about this.People tend to confuse when something is being difficult to achieve,and when something is extremely boring and tedious to do. I don't mind the number of geodes that has to go in to this collection. I don't even mind the Rng on the insects. The only thing i have a gripe with is that the ONLY way for us PvE players to get geodes is by doing the same 5 events over and over. Even if Dry Top events were among the best events ever designed in the game (which they are very far from) it would get extremely boring for every person that has any sense at all after a while due to the amount of geodes required. I don't think asking for a home instance geode node for 50g is unreasonable. Heck, i would be more than happy to mine 10-15 geodes each day from my home, than to do those god awful events that i did countless times again.

If you think DT is boring, bloodstone fen will be a delight for farming rubies, if you have not been there already...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > If you think DT is boring, bloodstone fen will be a delight for farming rubies, if you have not been there already...

>

> You don't need to farm the events there, just the nodes.

... Which is rng and theres a limit to how many drop rubies/day

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> ... Which is rng and theres a limit to how many drop rubies/day

Eh. I farm my home instance on a daily basis. There's no RNG involved, and with time rubies become so abundant (and boring to salvage) that I've decided I'll start vendoring them for 17 silver a day.

I understand why there's no geode home instance node, but it would help a lot with this collection.

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

>

> You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

Not him, but i will.

Playing this game for 3 years now. Farmed something around 25k, maybe 30k geodes till this day. That means, i've done the events more than 2000 times. Not a kind of feeling about that, in reality. Guess what? I love this map! Be there every day. One of the greatest maps in game. Events are fantastic design. It's just genius.

So, in my very own opinion, no changes should be made in dry top, generally.

A small increase of given geodes - yeah, maybe.

However, your suggestion with this homeinstance-node for geodes is fine. Would buy that too, even without the need for geodes anymore. And even if the personal bandit chest gives some geodes from time to time because of the silky sand. But to complete my home.

I decided to pass on the collection because I agree with the OP: it's extremely tedious to collect enough geodes doing DT meta for even one weapon. I have the drops to make a few more, but gave up on it. For me, DT has the worst meta in the game because there's no break. You have to work without pause to bring the map up to top tier... and then you have to push just as much to earn the rewards you worked hard to set up. Silverwastes has natural breaks, and there are timers for just about everything else in the game.

And I'm okay with that. The game is vast. There are plenty of collections. Lots of things to do. If none of them "inspire" me to commit the time, then I'll take a break from the game.

I'd be happy if ANet made a change: added a 10 minute break between end of storm and start of next meta (increasing the rewards a bit to compensate) or provided other sources of geodes or any of a dozen other ideas. However, I'm equally okay if they do nothing about it: it would be a lot of time to figure out a proper new balance (not worth their time if they don't make substantive changes, so it would be considerable time) and they have lots of other things on their plate. Plus, the fact that it's a pain means that some people (such as myself) don't bother, making these skins relatively rare. That's great for the owners and, in my opinion, more fun for the game.

tl;dr yeah, it's so dull for many of us that we won't bother. That's not a problem for me and I'm not convinced it's a problem for the game as a whole either.

Don't forget that completing the area brings 100 geodes at once. And it is done rapidly enough. :)

Another option, however costly one, is to get voucher from the black lion chest, but that's gambling, so I would not recommend that. It is just to mention that it is possible too.

Now on a side note: I have done this collection and have needed veeeeeeeeery long to complete it. For me, the solution has been the WvW reward track. Otherwise, I would have given up. I have seen that it has already been recommended in earlier replies.

Generally, I have never understood why the drop rate is so low for that specific area currency.

They're still on my to do list. I'll probably never actually get around to getting them, because there are so many other things also on my to do list, but maybe eventually since I do really like the skins. Could never stand the area though so I'm looking forward to trying some of the suggested methods for reducing grind.

I've been playing GW2 since before Dry Top was released. Only yesterday did I get the last recipe for the collection. I still have a long way to go to make all the weapons. I still need over half the fossilized insects.

My point? I want to complete the collection eventually, but realized long ago that rushing through it would burn me out. The collection will be there until the game ends, the map will be there until the game ends. There is no rush to get it done. Grinding is soul-crushing. Obsessing over a collection to the point of grinding will destroy all enjoyment in the game. Take a break. Work on some other collection, or just go kill things randomly.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN! The purpose of playing any game is to have fun. If you are not having fun in GW2, you are either doing something wrong or the game is not for you. GW2 is full of fun stuff to do. Don't ruin it for yourself by choosing to repeat the un-fun parts. Take a break and do the fun stuff for a while. The Ambrite Collection isn't going to disappear!

> @"Tobyj.5468" said:

> > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> >

> > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

>

> Not him, but i will.

> Playing this game for 3 years now. Farmed something around 25k, maybe 30k geodes till this day. That means, i've done the events more than 2000 times. Not a kind of feeling about that, in reality. Guess what? I love this map! Be there every day. One of the greatest maps in game. Events are fantastic design. It's just genius.

> So, in my very own opinion, no changes should be made in dry top, generally.

> A small increase of given geodes - yeah, maybe.

>

> However, your suggestion with this homeinstance-node for geodes is fine. Would buy that too, even without the need for geodes anymore. And even if the personal bandit chest gives some geodes from time to time because of the silky sand. But to complete my home.

>

>

I never said or implied in anyway that the map or events should be changed in Dry Top. If you enjoy doing the same thing for that long, good for you. For most of us that don't however, a little more variety in obtaining the geodes would be very welcomed.

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> > @"Tobyj.5468" said:

> > > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > >

> > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> >

> > Not him, but i will.

> > Playing this game for 3 years now. Farmed something around 25k, maybe 30k geodes till this day. That means, i've done the events more than 2000 times. Not a kind of feeling about that, in reality. Guess what? I love this map! Be there every day. One of the greatest maps in game. Events are fantastic design. It's just genius.

> > So, in my very own opinion, no changes should be made in dry top, generally.

> > A small increase of given geodes - yeah, maybe.

> >

> > However, your suggestion with this homeinstance-node for geodes is fine. Would buy that too, even without the need for geodes anymore. And even if the personal bandit chest gives some geodes from time to time because of the silky sand. But to complete my home.

> >

> >

>

> I never said or implied in anyway that the map or events should be changed in Dry Top. If you enjoy doing the same thing for that long, good for you. For most of us that don't however, a little more variety in obtaining the geodes would be very welcomed.

Which there already is.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Geode

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Tobyj.5468" said:

> > > > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > > >

> > > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> > >

> > > Not him, but i will.

> > > Playing this game for 3 years now. Farmed something around 25k, maybe 30k geodes till this day. That means, i've done the events more than 2000 times. Not a kind of feeling about that, in reality. Guess what? I love this map! Be there every day. One of the greatest maps in game. Events are fantastic design. It's just genius.

> > > So, in my very own opinion, no changes should be made in dry top, generally.

> > > A small increase of given geodes - yeah, maybe.

> > >

> > > However, your suggestion with this homeinstance-node for geodes is fine. Would buy that too, even without the need for geodes anymore. And even if the personal bandit chest gives some geodes from time to time because of the silky sand. But to complete my home.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I never said or implied in anyway that the map or events should be changed in Dry Top. If you enjoy doing the same thing for that long, good for you. For most of us that don't however, a little more variety in obtaining the geodes would be very welcomed.

>

> Which there already is.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Geode

We obviously don't agree on the issue. I really don't see any point for you to reply to me,or i to you on the matter any more.

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

>

> You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> >

> > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

>

> I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > >

> > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> >

> > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

>

> Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

The only way you've requested is to purchase them.

> > > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > > >

> > > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> > >

> > > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> >

> > Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

>

> The only way you've requested is to purchase them.

It was a suggestion. And one that is already in-game for almost every other map currency out there. And obviously,when bought i would still have to mine the node once a day like everything else,not to mention that the time to get the geodes this way would be much longer than to farm the map. But i would be ok with that, because at least i would have a choice not to do the events ever again.

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > > > >

> > > > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> > > >

> > > > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> > >

> > > Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

> >

> > The only way you've requested is to purchase them.

>

> It was a suggestion. And one that is already in-game for almost every other map currency out there. And obviously,when bought i would still have to mine the node once a day like everything else,not to mention that the time to get the geodes this way would be much longer than to farm the map. But i would be ok with that, because at least i would have a choice not to do the events ever again.

Dont you already have a choice not to do the events ever again, while still earning the currency, by using a different acquisition method?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> > > > >

> > > > > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> > > >

> > > > Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

> > >

> > > The only way you've requested is to purchase them.

> >

> > It was a suggestion. And one that is already in-game for almost every other map currency out there. And obviously,when bought i would still have to mine the node once a day like everything else,not to mention that the time to get the geodes this way would be much longer than to farm the map. But i would be ok with that, because at least i would have a choice not to do the events ever again.

>

> Dont you already have a choice not to do the events ever again, while still earning the currency, by using a different acquisition method?

No. Not for PvE players.

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> > > > >

> > > > > Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

> > > >

> > > > The only way you've requested is to purchase them.

> > >

> > > It was a suggestion. And one that is already in-game for almost every other map currency out there. And obviously,when bought i would still have to mine the node once a day like everything else,not to mention that the time to get the geodes this way would be much longer than to farm the map. But i would be ok with that, because at least i would have a choice not to do the events ever again.

> >

> > Dont you already have a choice not to do the events ever again, while still earning the currency, by using a different acquisition method?

>

> No. Not for PvE players.

So, no true scotsman then.

Still, one can advance a wvw track via pve.

Good luck.

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> > > > >

> > > > > Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

> > > >

> > > > The only way you've requested is to purchase them.

> > >

> > > It was a suggestion. And one that is already in-game for almost every other map currency out there. And obviously,when bought i would still have to mine the node once a day like everything else,not to mention that the time to get the geodes this way would be much longer than to farm the map. But i would be ok with that, because at least i would have a choice not to do the events ever again.

> >

> > Dont you already have a choice not to do the events ever again, while still earning the currency, by using a different acquisition method?

>

> No. Not for PvE play

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> > >

> >

> > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

>

> Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

There already is a variety of ways to earn this collection. You just choose not to utilize your options. So again, what is your point.

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only way you've requested is to purchase them.

> > > >

> > > > It was a suggestion. And one that is already in-game for almost every other map currency out there. And obviously,when bought i would still have to mine the node once a day like everything else,not to mention that the time to get the geodes this way would be much longer than to farm the map. But i would be ok with that, because at least i would have a choice not to do the events ever again.

> > >

> > > Dont you already have a choice not to do the events ever again, while still earning the currency, by using a different acquisition method?

> >

> > No. Not for PvE play

> > > >

> > >

> > > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> >

> > Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

>

> There already is a variety of ways to earn this collection. You just choose not to utilize your options. So again, what is your point.

>

Are you serious? Are you even reading what i am writing? There is no other option to get the geodes except farming the events for a PvE player.

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The only way you've requested is to purchase them.

> > > > >

> > > > > It was a suggestion. And one that is already in-game for almost every other map currency out there. And obviously,when bought i would still have to mine the node once a day like everything else,not to mention that the time to get the geodes this way would be much longer than to farm the map. But i would be ok with that, because at least i would have a choice not to do the events ever again.

> > > >

> > > > Dont you already have a choice not to do the events ever again, while still earning the currency, by using a different acquisition method?

> > >

> > > No. Not for PvE play

> > > > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > > > >

> > > > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> > > >

> > > > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> > >

> > > Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

> >

> > There already is a variety of ways to earn this collection. You just choose not to utilize your options. So again, what is your point.

> >

>

> Are you serious? Are you even reading what i am writing? There is no other option to get the geodes except farming the events for a PvE player.

Of course I'm serious. There's more to GW2 than PvE. WvW and PvP are valid alternatives. Expand your horizons. Push your limits. Grow.

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The only way you've requested is to purchase them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It was a suggestion. And one that is already in-game for almost every other map currency out there. And obviously,when bought i would still have to mine the node once a day like everything else,not to mention that the time to get the geodes this way would be much longer than to farm the map. But i would be ok with that, because at least i would have a choice not to do the events ever again.

> > > > >

> > > > > Dont you already have a choice not to do the events ever again, while still earning the currency, by using a different acquisition method?

> > > >

> > > > No. Not for PvE play

> > > > > > > Oh great another person that wants to pay Anet for achievements because they don't like to play the game. This is getting way too frequent.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You do the same event for thousands of times,and then tell me you still wanna play the game after that.

> > > > >

> > > > > I've completed the collection years ago. So yeah, I still wanna play the game. What's your point? You want repetition? try AB meta, SW meta or key runs. Much more repetitive.

> > > >

> > > > Great for you. My point is,if there is a variety of ways to get something in the game the better. If you like doing the same thing over and over,go for it. Most people don't.

> > >

> > > There already is a variety of ways to earn this collection. You just choose not to utilize your options. So again, what is your point.

> > >

> >

> > Are you serious? Are you even reading what i am writing? There is no other option to get the geodes except farming the events for a PvE player.

>

> Of course I'm serious. There's more to GW2 than PvE. WvW and PvP are valid alternatives. Expand your horizons. Push your limits. Grow.

No. aNet made those aspects of the game separate for a reason. I don't enjoy those 2 and never will. Same goes for many PvP and WvW players. Some don't set foot in PvE. And forcing a player to do things they don't enjoy in a game is not a very good thing.

DT is easily one of the fastest and easiest maps to complete. I think only Bloodstone Fen is a quicker complete. Use some Alts and get good at running it. There's another 100 geodes for about 15 mins play (faster depending on the two POIs locked behind events being easily accessible). This is also a chance at a BL key which has a pretty decent chance of a Tyrian exchange voucher these days.

There are several LS2 story achieves that can get you spare geodes as well.

I agree it's a hard collection, but an ascended weapon of choice and 50AP is a pretty sizable reward.

I spent about two weeks grinding DT to finish this collection and I no longer use any of the skins on any of my toons.

As with anything else in this game, when the task at hand becomes tedious and grindy, do something else for a bit.