Thank you for listening, ANet. (Re: Mount Adoption Licenses)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Adzekul.3104" said:

> Yeah, 1200 gems for the mount I want (3x the price of the random option)? No way! Won't buy any! If it was 600, I would have a different opinion.

> @"Calafalass.3486" said:

> Yea GJ 1200 gems for skin u want? gj anet it's like kitten in our face :)

If they would make the direct buy only 2x as expensive as the rng one the only people who'd buy normal would be ones who want all skins anyway. Of course they want you to you gamble, so 3x the orginal price isn't something unexpected. At least you _can_ buy those skins individually.

My personal problem is that the Istan skins look like shit ... but then again I only liked 3 or so of the original Mount Adoption skins.

We asked for options and got options, which is outstanding. While everyone likes a bargain, the 1200 gems per chosen skin makes sense. It's the middle point between the 400 gem completely random unlock and the 2000 gem "deluxe" skins. I immediately thought it would have been nice to have them at 800 gems, since I would buy quickly at that price. As pointed out in this thread already, they don't want to discourage the random choice too much... this price point was set to ease us into chosen skin versus random unlock.

Again, the choice is there. We have options. That is a much better model, so thank you Anet.

I'm one of those people that watch the market and convert gold to gems when it's in my favor. :+1:

But even if you're one that waits to convert your gold until you see something you like, 300 to 400 gold converted is not bad for the option to buy exactly the mount skin you want. 1200 gems is a fair price in my book.

Typically, I make about 25 gold per day, so it's like a couple weeks earnings per skin for me. I'm cool with that!

Thanks, Anet! I see 3 that I like! :smile:

> @"Ashamir.9574" said:

> > @"Adzekul.3104" said:

> > Yeah, 1200 gems for the mount I want (3x the price of the random option)? No way! Won't buy any! If it was 600, I would have a different opinion.

>

> > @"Calafalass.3486" said:

> > Yea GJ 1200 gems for skin u want? gj anet it's like kitten in our face :)

>

> If they would make the direct buy only 2x as expensive as the rng one the only people who'd buy normal would be ones who want all skins anyway. Of course they want you to you gamble, so 3x the orginal price isn't something unexpected. At least you _can_ buy those skins individually.

>

> My personal problem is that the Istan skins look like kitten ... but then again I only liked 3 or so of the original Mount Adoption skins.

We can't buy any of the old pack skins by just paying 1200?

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> > @"Ashamir.9574" said:

> > > @"Adzekul.3104" said:

> > > Yeah, 1200 gems for the mount I want (3x the price of the random option)? No way! Won't buy any! If it was 600, I would have a different opinion.

> >

> > > @"Calafalass.3486" said:

> > > Yea GJ 1200 gems for skin u want? gj anet it's like kitten in our face :)

> >

> > If they would make the direct buy only 2x as expensive as the rng one the only people who'd buy normal would be ones who want all skins anyway. Of course they want you to you gamble, so 3x the orginal price isn't something unexpected. At least you _can_ buy those skins individually.

> >

> > My personal problem is that the Istan skins look like kitten ... but then again I only liked 3 or so of the original Mount Adoption skins.

>

> We can't buy any of the old pack skins by just paying 1200?

Nope. They're still rng.

The old system was a bit off. I had to get 30 tickets for the Starbound griffon. Bought 20 with realmoney rest by conversion.

Now calculating the odds are much better since we have 6 awesome skins and some ok-ich ones.

All in all theres 12 now. 6x1200=7200, 12x400=4800 so alltogether its like you buy one skin for 800(and get 2 for it) if you buy the 400 rng tickets.

And this time theyre really worth it in my taste opened 4 and got the 4 I wanted, so they might even brought down the rng.

Heres a little taste:

![](https://i.imgur.com/4AhcMw3.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/lzfOSf8.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/GLnJ6F4.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/xwjvxTe.jpg "")

They should add the 1200 licences for the 30 old ones and were good.

If the amount of skins is this low the rng version is ok(12), with 30 the price is very high if youre unlucky.

I bet if you buy 1600 gems like I did, youre able to get one nice skin.

And remember the 2000 gem skins look worse than the good ones here 4x 2000 wouldve been 8000 gems so im ok with the 1600 I spent.

The 1600 packs are fine since its a set theme.

> @"Isanox.3498" said:

> With all the negativity and laws being drafted about Loot box gambling, and gambling to minor you think the devs would have learned. But nope. $5 to gamble for a skin or $15 to buy one.

Or 10and then a couple of days of fractals for the rest.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Maybe I'll buy some rng tickets for these but not a single skin of this set is worth 1200 gems :)

Believe me the griffon, bunny, shakal and starbound skimmer skins would alone be woth about 1600-2000 gems.

Color themes are very nice animations are good.

When I look at the 2000 gem ones I think none of them are worth it.

Im against this rng setting, but with just 12 its just about 60,-€ for 12 skins.

It`s like 10,-€ per good skin and youll get a 2nd less flashy one in addittion.

So I think they should keep this licence to choose what you want its late but a step in the right direction.

Maybe put it on sale some times.

Also I recommend to add the 1200 license to the 30 rng set. Would be apropiate.

I had to buy all 30 licences to get the skins I wanted which where 8-10, so I wouldnt mind that others will have a way to choose.

And just as expected, people are still complaining.

ANET did listen, they did remove the RNG factor, but I guess the problem wasn't really RNG after all :-)

It almost makes me want to go back to the old thread and have a good laugh at all these people saying they would love paying for mounts but not for RNG... complain on this very thread now.

Anet: Sell it 400G/500G in game. These people will never stop complaining, but maybe they will be fooled by that. They don't complain about RNG in game anyway.