Changing stats on Ascended gear

I think I know the answer to this but want to be sure I'm understanding correctly what I've read.

All I've seen says you have to use Exotic inscriptions and insignia to change the states on Ascended gear.

That means that you can not use Ascended inscriptions and insignia to change the stats on Ascended gear.

Is that correct?

> @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> I think I know the answer to this but want to be sure I'm understanding correctly what I've read.

>

> All I've seen says you have to use Exotic inscriptions and insignia to change the states on Ascended gear.

>

> That means that you can not use Ascended inscriptions and insignia to change the stats on Ascended gear.

>

> Is that correct?

Right, don't do like me and make 6 ascended insignia for nothing. :/

> @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> I think I know the answer to this but want to be sure I'm understanding correctly what I've read.

>

> All I've seen says you have to use Exotic inscriptions and insignia to change the states on Ascended gear.

>

> That means that you can not use Ascended inscriptions and insignia to change the stats on Ascended gear.

>

> Is that correct?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing

> @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > I think I know the answer to this but want to be sure I'm understanding correctly what I've read.

> >

> > All I've seen says you have to use Exotic inscriptions and insignia to change the states on Ascended gear.

> >

> > That means that you can not use Ascended inscriptions and insignia to change the stats on Ascended gear.

> >

> > Is that correct?

>

> Right, don't do like me and make 6 ascended insignia for nothing. :/

Well you can craft another set with those insignias or put in a support ticket and wait around 2 weeks and get materials back, they will most likely ask you to destroy the insignias and say time you did it but wait for them to reply that to you incase you get a no answer mate.

> @"Sarpan.9074" said:

>

>

>

> Is that correct?

If you are wanting to end up with one of the expensive stats on your ascended gear, do not make it directly, make the cheapest ascended gear possible, and then change to the stat you want in the forge with the exotic inscription/insignia of your choosing. I made that mistake with mine, and was much more expensive.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Also: remember that it's stat transformation, not swapping: the original items are consumed in the process. So remove any infusions with an extractor. And decide whether the original sigils or runes need to be saved (usually, not necessary).

I was aware of that, but good heads up for others who weren't.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> Also its armor and weapons only, not trinkets nor back. Waterbreathers cant be changed tho.

>

> Ascended Vipers Armor is horrible to craft due to needing hot items from meta. Which is why people craft baseline ascended armor and converts it to viper in the forge.

My exact situation.

> @"Robos.7426" said:

> If you are wanting to end up with one of the expensive stats on your ascended gear, do not make it directly, make the cheapest ascended gear possible, and then change to the stat you want in the forge with the exotic inscription/insignia of your choosing. I made that mistake with mine, and was much more expensive.

That's the plan :)

> @"Vash.2386" said:

> Which is the cheapest ascended gear set to craft?

Any of Rabid/Shaman/Dire/Magi, I presume. Core Tyria ascended gear is cheaper than HoT gear due to the latter needing Linseed Oil. And for Core Tyria stats, pretty much the only variable contribution to cost is the base exotic insignia/inscription. Those four are the cheapest.

> @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > @"Vash.2386" said:

> > Which is the cheapest ascended gear set to craft?

>

> Any of Rabid/Shaman/Dire/Magi, I presume. Core Tyria ascended gear is cheaper than HoT gear due to the latter needing Linseed Oil. And for Core Tyria stats, pretty much the only variable contribution to cost is the base exotic insignia/inscription. Those four are the cheapest.

No linseed oil is needed for *any* ascended gear. *Fulgurite* however is a factor for HoT stat ascended.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > @"Vash.2386" said:

> > > Which is the cheapest ascended gear set to craft?

> >

> > Any of Rabid/Shaman/Dire/Magi, I presume. Core Tyria ascended gear is cheaper than HoT gear due to the latter needing Linseed Oil. And for Core Tyria stats, pretty much the only variable contribution to cost is the base exotic insignia/inscription. Those four are the cheapest.

>

> No linseed oil is needed for *any* ascended gear. *Fulgurite* however is a factor for HoT stat ascended.

Are you sure of this? I looked on the wiki but the way I read wiki I can't find this requirement for core ascended.

> @"Zohane.7208" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > > @"Vash.2386" said:

> > > > Which is the cheapest ascended gear set to craft?

> > >

> > > Any of Rabid/Shaman/Dire/Magi, I presume. Core Tyria ascended gear is cheaper than HoT gear due to the latter needing Linseed Oil. And for Core Tyria stats, pretty much the only variable contribution to cost is the base exotic insignia/inscription. Those four are the cheapest.

> >

> > No linseed oil is needed for *any* ascended gear. *Fulgurite* however is a factor for HoT stat ascended.

>

> Are you sure of this? I looked on the wiki but the way I read wiki I can't find this requirement for core ascended.

That's what I'm saying.

No ascended need linseed oil, at all.

HoT stat need Fulgurite to craft directly.

Core don't. Neither do stat-swapping.

> > @"Zohane.7208" said:

> > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > > > @"Vash.2386" said:

> > > > > Which is the cheapest ascended gear set to craft?

> > > >

> > > > Any of Rabid/Shaman/Dire/Magi, I presume. Core Tyria ascended gear is cheaper than HoT gear due to the latter needing Linseed Oil. And for Core Tyria stats, pretty much the only variable contribution to cost is the base exotic insignia/inscription. Those four are the cheapest.

> > >

> > > No linseed oil is needed for *any* ascended gear. *Fulgurite* however is a factor for HoT stat ascended.

> >

> > Are you sure of this? I looked on the wiki but the way I read wiki I can't find this requirement for core ascended.

>

> That's what I'm saying.

> No ascended need linseed oil, at all.

> HoT stat need Fulgurite to craft directly.

> Core don't. Neither do stat-swapping.

Ah, I see. I misinterpreted your initial "no" to mean you were disagreeing , and then the rest of the sentence got opposite meaning for me :)

> > @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > > @"Vash.2386" said:

> > > Which is the cheapest ascended gear set to craft?

> >

> > Any of Rabid/Shaman/Dire/Magi, I presume. Core Tyria ascended gear is cheaper than HoT gear due to the latter needing Linseed Oil. And for Core Tyria stats, pretty much the only variable contribution to cost is the base exotic insignia/inscription. Those four are the cheapest.

>

> No linseed oil is needed for *any* ascended gear. *Fulgurite* however is a factor for HoT stat ascended.

Yeah, sorry, I mixed that up with the Exotics. The main point still stands: the difference in cost is largely in whether or not you need Fulgurite, with the Fulgurite-using stuff being more expensive to buy than core Tyria components(not a concern if you play content that provides sufficient quantities for your needs and you craft the components yourself) and how much the exotic insignia/inscription costs. Which still means that Rabid/Shaman/Dire/Magi are the cheapest stat combos for ascended gear.