Mesmer clone/phantasm amount makes player models and sounds disappear

Morts.5319

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > Press escape.

> > Go to options.

> > Go to graphics options.

> > LOD distance: medium, preferably high.

> > Character Model Limit: High.

> >

> > If you’re getting lower FPS then lower other settings a little, great candidates are post processing, shadows and shaders, antialiasing, turning off hi-res character textures and turning down Character Model Quality.

> >

> > Remember it’s better to see a potato coming than for it to kill you because you can’t see it, no one likes being killed by a potato.

>

> How about we not be forced to change our graphics settings to deal with -one- class and instead fix the class?

Next time on GW2 Esports!

"Buy new PC to fight mesmers!"

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/phLoZhs.jpg "")

>

> I assume this is what OP is talking about.

lol no wonder people say that mesmer is a meme at this point...yesterday fought against 2 Mesmers on point...lol good luck figuring out what a hell is happening...and I used to think that immortal druids 1v3 far 24/7 and high damage Holosmiths were bad, Anet allways find a way to surprise us, not allways in a good way lol

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> >

> > How about we not be forced to change our graphics settings to deal with -one- class and instead fix the class?

>

> Upping the character limit has a lot of advantages to the point where I would say unless you run around RPing and so need everything to look as good as possible on a bad computer it’s almost always better to see more. OP didn’t state what settings were on (only effect LOD) but I believe even medium character limit would fix his issue in which case they’re running in potato mode and no “fix” to the class will fix his issue short of removing all clones and phantasms from the class.

It also makes gameplay unpleasant and consider this mesmer were limited to a fixed 3 spawn before now so in group events with 3 mesmers the most addons they could spawn at any time during the fight was 9 units.

Now this number is limited by how quick you can re-summon phants and some phants have doubled from 1 to 2 spawns

those same 3 mesmers can now spanw 6-8 or more units per mesmer even if for short times. Its alot of extra strain in generally and this only gets worse with each additional mesmer. There have been points in meta events where I could see more mesmer units than actual player names on/ around the target. Not only does it ad a ton of visual noise it also bogs things down quite a bit in groups of 30+ when you have 10 mesmers its really like having a group of 60+

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > >

> > > How about we not be forced to change our graphics settings to deal with -one- class and instead fix the class?

> >

> > Upping the character limit has a lot of advantages to the point where I would say unless you run around RPing and so need everything to look as good as possible on a bad computer it’s almost always better to see more. OP didn’t state what settings were on (only effect LOD) but I believe even medium character limit would fix his issue in which case they’re running in potato mode and no “fix” to the class will fix his issue short of removing all clones and phantasms from the class.

>

> It also makes gameplay unpleasant and consider this mesmer were limited to a fixed 3 spawn before now so in group events with 3 mesmers the most addons they could spawn at any time during the fight was 9 units.

> Now this number is limited by how quick you can re-summon phants and some phants have doubled from 1 to 2 spawns

> those same 3 mesmers can now spanw 6-8 or more units per mesmer even if for short times. Its alot of extra strain in generally and this only gets worse with each additional mesmer. There have been points in meta events where I could see more mesmer units than actual player names on/ around the target. Not only does it ad a ton of visual noise it also bogs things down quite a bit in groups of 30+ when you have 10 mesmers its really like having a group of 60+

>

>

Yeah, this problem isn't just happening only in pvp or wvw but also affecting the visibility of general pve as well.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > >

> > > How about we not be forced to change our graphics settings to deal with -one- class and instead fix the class?

> >

> > Upping the character limit has a lot of advantages to the point where I would say unless you run around RPing and so need everything to look as good as possible on a bad computer it’s almost always better to see more. OP didn’t state what settings were on (only effect LOD) but I believe even medium character limit would fix his issue in which case they’re running in potato mode and no “fix” to the class will fix his issue short of removing all clones and phantasms from the class.

>

> It also makes gameplay unpleasant and consider this mesmer were limited to a fixed 3 spawn before now so in group events with 3 mesmers the most addons they could spawn at any time during the fight was 9 units.

> Now this number is limited by how quick you can re-summon phants and some phants have doubled from 1 to 2 spawns

> those same 3 mesmers can now spanw 6-8 or more units per mesmer even if for short times. Its alot of extra strain in generally and this only gets worse with each additional mesmer. There have been points in meta events where I could see more mesmer units than actual player names on/ around the target. Not only does it ad a ton of visual noise it also bogs things down quite a bit in groups of 30+ when you have 10 mesmers its really like having a group of 60+

>

>

Thing is, this is a discussion about PvP and really there is no reason to not have your settings on a high character setting where it would eliminate the OPs complaint. For general complaints about the number of entities a mesmer is producing I already said in the old forums long before the rework that phantasms should be removed from the game, this would have solved every single issue currently being seen or in some cases not seen while resolving many other issues mesmer players had issues with like general damage mods not affecting phantasms.

If you have issues with the number of entities mesmers are producing you should be asking Arena Net to remove phantasms as a mechanic.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > >

> > > > How about we not be forced to change our graphics settings to deal with -one- class and instead fix the class?

> > >

> > > Upping the character limit has a lot of advantages to the point where I would say unless you run around RPing and so need everything to look as good as possible on a bad computer it’s almost always better to see more. OP didn’t state what settings were on (only effect LOD) but I believe even medium character limit would fix his issue in which case they’re running in potato mode and no “fix” to the class will fix his issue short of removing all clones and phantasms from the class.

> >

> > It also makes gameplay unpleasant and consider this mesmer were limited to a fixed 3 spawn before now so in group events with 3 mesmers the most addons they could spawn at any time during the fight was 9 units.

> > Now this number is limited by how quick you can re-summon phants and some phants have doubled from 1 to 2 spawns

> > those same 3 mesmers can now spanw 6-8 or more units per mesmer even if for short times. Its alot of extra strain in generally and this only gets worse with each additional mesmer. There have been points in meta events where I could see more mesmer units than actual player names on/ around the target. Not only does it ad a ton of visual noise it also bogs things down quite a bit in groups of 30+ when you have 10 mesmers its really like having a group of 60+

> >

> >

>

> Thing is, this is a discussion about PvP and really there is no reason to not have your settings on a high character setting where it would eliminate the OPs complaint. For general complaints about the number of entities a mesmer is producing I already said in the old forums long before the rework that phantasms should be removed from the game, this would have solved every single issue currently being seen or in some cases not seen while resolving many other issues mesmer players had issues with like general damage mods not affecting phantasms.

>

> If you have issues with the number of entities mesmers are producing you should be asking Arena Net to remove phantasms as a mechanic.

As much as i would like them to do that i doubt they will any time soon so ill treat that as a pointless request to ask, but surely real players should be prioritized over phantasms in that case of which loads first, moving back to pvp.

If it creates a massive lag for too many people it starts to become an issue. In general pvp its not to bad but from time to time i do forget to change my setting that allows the rendering of more players back to high which will result in pople phasing in and out when mesmer s are near doing their thing.

For people who literally cannot afford to up their character limits i can see how it would cause some problems.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > How about we not be forced to change our graphics settings to deal with -one- class and instead fix the class?

> > > >

> > > > Upping the character limit has a lot of advantages to the point where I would say unless you run around RPing and so need everything to look as good as possible on a bad computer it’s almost always better to see more. OP didn’t state what settings were on (only effect LOD) but I believe even medium character limit would fix his issue in which case they’re running in potato mode and no “fix” to the class will fix his issue short of removing all clones and phantasms from the class.

> > >

> > > It also makes gameplay unpleasant and consider this mesmer were limited to a fixed 3 spawn before now so in group events with 3 mesmers the most addons they could spawn at any time during the fight was 9 units.

> > > Now this number is limited by how quick you can re-summon phants and some phants have doubled from 1 to 2 spawns

> > > those same 3 mesmers can now spanw 6-8 or more units per mesmer even if for short times. Its alot of extra strain in generally and this only gets worse with each additional mesmer. There have been points in meta events where I could see more mesmer units than actual player names on/ around the target. Not only does it ad a ton of visual noise it also bogs things down quite a bit in groups of 30+ when you have 10 mesmers its really like having a group of 60+

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Thing is, this is a discussion about PvP and really there is no reason to not have your settings on a high character setting where it would eliminate the OPs complaint. For general complaints about the number of entities a mesmer is producing I already said in the old forums long before the rework that phantasms should be removed from the game, this would have solved every single issue currently being seen or in some cases not seen while resolving many other issues mesmer players had issues with like general damage mods not affecting phantasms.

> >

> > If you have issues with the number of entities mesmers are producing you should be asking Arena Net to remove phantasms as a mechanic.

>

> As much as i would like them to do that i doubt they will any time soon so ill treat that as a pointless request to ask, but surely real players should be prioritized over phantasms in that case of which loads first, moving back to pvp.

> If it creates a massive lag for too many people it starts to become an issue. In general pvp its not to bad but from time to time i do forget to change my setting that allows the rendering of more players back to high which will result in pople phasing in and out when mesmer s are near doing their thing.

>

> For people who literally cannot afford to up their character limits i can see how it would cause some problems.

It’s only pointless if too few people ask it.

They still have yet to sort out WvW colours loading in properly, often I can’t tell if the person running at me is friend or foe till they’re right on top of me, by which time I’m either fighting for my life (zerk problems) or I’ve already figured out they’re friendly. I also have all LOD settings on high and character limit on high to make sure stuff is rendered, if it is going to do damage to me then I have to see it.

> @"Toll Booth Willie.6723" said:

> Get three mes on a point and gg with any idea of whats going on.

That starts aplying confusion IRL.

@apharma.3741, i think Anet wanted to make their game sovisually apealing, that with all the spam happening they would never guess that would bork up so badly the game.

To avoid huge(really huge) fps drops sometimes i have to drop LOD and character limit, but yeah sometimes even red zricles get invisible and i have to play a bit with eyes on the cmbat log and with 6th sense, in wich afte ra few time im changing setting all over again, but then.. tryng to figure what is being casted and who's casting it in all that mess of visual clutter,,, sometimes leads to a migraine ._.#

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Toll Booth Willie.6723" said:

> > Get three mes on a point and gg with any idea of whats going on.

>

> That starts aplying confusion IRL.

>

> @apharma.3741, i think Anet wanted to make their game sovisually apealing, that with all the spam happening they would never guess that would bork up so badly the game.

> To avoid huge(really huge) fps drops sometimes i have to drop LOD and character limit, but yeah sometimes even red zricles get invisible and i have to play a bit with eyes on the cmbat log and with 6th sense, in wich afte ra few time im changing setting all over again, but then.. tryng to figure what is being casted and who's casting it in all that mess of visual clutter,,, sometimes leads to a migraine ._.#

Anet has to do something about this issue even if it comes to (very unlikely) rework the rework for the mesmer profession. The phantasm/clone amount just skyrocketed into ridiculous amounts after the rework and made the class less skill based which is against everything that anet said about wanting to make the mesmer more skill based.

@Morts.5319, doubt it will be that much of a change, all they know or can do is values up and down, when Anet announced the mesmer changes, was noticeable the outcome, wich i called the spam of clones and phantasm into somewhat that would feel a more passive gameplay, at my eyes the more clones and phantasm mesmers casts more passive the gameplay becomes (more relaxed the mesmer can play on smaller the fights), so that is a easyer low skill floor and not that hard has many defend (i played mesmer but felt to spammy to my liking).

> @"Kako.1930" said:

> I wanted to post an update to this:

>

> I played only a few matches last night, but using standard character models and increasing the character limit to highest appeared to solve this problem for me.

Good to know. At least the people that know about this can avoid having their matches hamstrung. My rig can handle highest settings, but obv it's still an issue. player vs player should lean toward the minimalist side, so people can see why they lose and what animations they need to avoid clearly.

/ramble

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> @Morts.5319, doubt it will be that much of a change, all they know or can do is values up and down, when Anet announced the mesmer changes, was noticeable the outcome, wich i called the spam of clones and phantasm into somewhat that would feel a more passive gameplay, at my eyes the more clones and phantasm mesmers casts more passive the gameplay becomes (more relaxed the mesmer can play on smaller the fights), so that is a easyer low skill floor and not that hard has many defend (i played mesmer but felt to spammy to my liking).

Yeah I am also afraid that nothing won't change considering the history of updates and 'fixes'.

LMFAO @ the Character model limit and quality options working for NON CHARACTERS FIRST LOOOOOOOOOL

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> So this is what I experienced today when guardian materialised next to me but it wasn't stealth or shadowstep.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also the picture above a few posts shows a single player crowding up the screen w/ as many illusions as the ENTIRE PLAYER AMOUNT of a match.

HOW IS THAT NOT AN ISSUE WORTH IMMEDIATE ATTENTION AND FIXES?!

Mesmers. can. now. make. 7+ illusions. EASILY.

When it used to be you had to be SKILLED to get more than 4 illusions at once.

Phantams should have their own cap, like clones. There's too many phantasm and clones being produced. Too much visual noise and clutter.

Something like 3 extra purple orbs next to the 3 pink ones. Or the pink orbs getting thick purple borders around them with an animation that makes them shrink to become the pink orb inside as a phantasm turns into a clone.

Once that's done, there will be less phantasm spam, and they should be adjusted accordingly.

> @"Morts.5319" said:

> > @"skeletonman.5348" said:

> > do u guys really think anet cares? just watch this threat die and nothing be done about it :D

> I hope they do care. It's super annoying to play against invisible animations.

Well they merged the mesmer threads and the person who did said devs wanted to read it so some sweeping changes to mesmer are coming.

Im just wondering why it got to this point. Even back in vanilla there were warning signs that the class could end up being out of hand. These guys care too much about theme over common sense design. I thought they would have grown out of that by now.

Thief is another one. Its not that far off from being completely out of control. Again, warning signs since vanilla are being ignored. I wouldnt be surprised if the next thief expansion (if there is going to be one) will cause people to completely lose their minds.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> Phantams should have their own cap, like clones. There's too many phantasm and clones being produced. Too much visual noise and clutter.

>

> Something like 3 extra purple orbs next to the 3 pink ones. Or the pink orbs getting thick purple borders around them with an animation that makes them shrink to become the pink orb inside as a phantasm turns into a clone.

>

> Once that's done, there will be less phantasm spam, and they should be adjusted accordingly.

This is super annoying as you can't really tell what happens on your screen. This visual noise and clutter also hides the mesmer models disappearance between bursts since you can't already tell what is going on on your screen and a lot of people doesn't realize that the model is actually disappearing and reappearing all the time.