Why do most short bow skins suck?

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> Toy Slingshot!

>

> It's been forever since my Thief used a Shortbow, so was excited to make a Renegade that uses one just so I can use that skin again. Love it.

I made the Dreamer just so I could skin it as a slingshot. Legend of Zelda vibes.

Now I just need to wait until guardian can use shortbow...

Am I the only one thinking that one interesting thing this topic shows is that everyone has a different idea of what makes a good short bow?

A lot of people have picked favourites which I immediately dismissed for being too big/chunky/messy/ugly/whatever and would quite likely dismiss my favourites as too small and plain. (Or just annoying in the case of the Dreamer.)

I kind of feel like that answers the OPs question. Most showbow skins suck because they're trying to cater to a huge range of different people with very different ideas on what makes a good short bow, so it's impossible for all the skins (or even the majority) to appeal to everyone.

It is hard to find a decent short bow. I don't like either Dreamer or Chuka and Champawat, fortunately (saves me money). Shifting Sands short bow is nice, if you're into... sand: it's big, and the change from longbow was significant but not a downgrade. My sylvari just sticks with mordrem short bow.

It's weird that daggers are also a tiny version of bigger swords, yet dagger skins have a lot of unique and attractive designs. So it's not because of size.