About the Griffon mount...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> Even the commander tag is more expensive, AFAIK.

300g (plus "free" tokens) for the first one, 450g (plus 2 x "free" tokens) for both the normal and kittycat ones. So, yes, the griffon is a lower investment than being the catmander. OTOH, it isn't an awesome kitty head on the map that everyone can see, so ... spend your $$$ on kitty bling first, people. It the only smart choice!

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > Fool you for not researching it. It’s been well known for months and months, that it costs 250g.

> > > I doubt you’ll get your gold back due to it being part of a collection. Reversing your decision will involve an account rollback. Depends if Anet wants to do that for you.

> > >

> > > Think of it as first investment, only 4 more 50g investments to go. It’s really worth it.

> >

> > This is kind of an absurd argument. Do you honestly expect players to research every part of the game before completing it?

>

> could have typed in open skies in the achievment section search box of the hero panel not much research needed tbh.

and how would someone know what the achievement is called without knowing about it?

i see arguments like this all the time, not thinking further along.

IMO the mount should just be 250G and not a 5 part achievement which even has a legendary enemy in it that no one kills nowadays.

The facet? I see people killing it numerous times daily on mosaic trains. IMO it's more difficult getting anyone remotely interested in non-legendary bounty trains, Serpents Ire or Maw/ Junundu in Desolation but ymmv. Personally, I found the end "task" of the achievement to be the most vexing.

I can't say much aside from the fact the moment I saw the griffon I *had* to have one. The only mount I really use aside from when I need to transverse terrain; it's worth every copper to me.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > Fool you for not researching it. It’s been well known for months and months, that it costs 250g.

> > > > I doubt you’ll get your gold back due to it being part of a collection. Reversing your decision will involve an account rollback. Depends if Anet wants to do that for you.

> > > >

> > > > Think of it as first investment, only 4 more 50g investments to go. It’s really worth it.

> > >

> > > This is kind of an absurd argument. Do you honestly expect players to research every part of the game before completing it?

> >

> > could have typed in open skies in the achievment section search box of the hero panel not much research needed tbh.

>

> and how would someone know what the achievement is called without knowing about it?

> i see arguments like this all the time, not thinking further along.

>

> IMO the mount should just be 250G and not a 5 part achievement which even has a legendary enemy in it that no one kills nowadays.

Well must be really hard to read on the item you buy that its part of Open Skies: Crystal Oasis collection hu? or what ever map you happen to buy said 25gold item on that is.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > > Fool you for not researching it. It’s been well known for months and months, that it costs 250g.

> > > > > I doubt you’ll get your gold back due to it being part of a collection. Reversing your decision will involve an account rollback. Depends if Anet wants to do that for you.

> > > > >

> > > > > Think of it as first investment, only 4 more 50g investments to go. It’s really worth it.

> > > >

> > > > This is kind of an absurd argument. Do you honestly expect players to research every part of the game before completing it?

> > >

> > > could have typed in open skies in the achievment section search box of the hero panel not much research needed tbh.

> >

> > and how would someone know what the achievement is called without knowing about it?

> > i see arguments like this all the time, not thinking further along.

> >

> > IMO the mount should just be 250G and not a 5 part achievement which even has a legendary enemy in it that no one kills nowadays.

>

> Well must be really hard to read on the item you buy that its part of Open Skies: Crystal Oasis collection hu? or what ever map you happen to buy said 25gold item on that is.

so you go out and read every single description of items that have no reason of existence, man you're bored.....

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > > > Fool you for not researching it. It’s been well known for months and months, that it costs 250g.

> > > > > > I doubt you’ll get your gold back due to it being part of a collection. Reversing your decision will involve an account rollback. Depends if Anet wants to do that for you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Think of it as first investment, only 4 more 50g investments to go. It’s really worth it.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is kind of an absurd argument. Do you honestly expect players to research every part of the game before completing it?

> > > >

> > > > could have typed in open skies in the achievment section search box of the hero panel not much research needed tbh.

> > >

> > > and how would someone know what the achievement is called without knowing about it?

> > > i see arguments like this all the time, not thinking further along.

> > >

> > > IMO the mount should just be 250G and not a 5 part achievement which even has a legendary enemy in it that no one kills nowadays.

> >

> > Well must be really hard to read on the item you buy that its part of Open Skies: Crystal Oasis collection hu? or what ever map you happen to buy said 25gold item on that is.

>

> so you go out and read every single description of items that have no reason of existence, man you're bored.....

If it costs 25g then yeah I am going to read its description.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > > > Fool you for not researching it. It’s been well known for months and months, that it costs 250g.

> > > > > > I doubt you’ll get your gold back due to it being part of a collection. Reversing your decision will involve an account rollback. Depends if Anet wants to do that for you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Think of it as first investment, only 4 more 50g investments to go. It’s really worth it.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is kind of an absurd argument. Do you honestly expect players to research every part of the game before completing it?

> > > >

> > > > could have typed in open skies in the achievment section search box of the hero panel not much research needed tbh.

> > >

> > > and how would someone know what the achievement is called without knowing about it?

> > > i see arguments like this all the time, not thinking further along.

> > >

> > > IMO the mount should just be 250G and not a 5 part achievement which even has a legendary enemy in it that no one kills nowadays.

> >

> > Well must be really hard to read on the item you buy that its part of Open Skies: Crystal Oasis collection hu? or what ever map you happen to buy said 25gold item on that is.

>

> so you go out and read every single description of items that have no reason of existence, man you're bored.....

If it costs 25g then yeah I am going to read its description.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > Fool you for not researching it. It’s been well known for months and months, that it costs 250g.

> > > > I doubt you’ll get your gold back due to it being part of a collection. Reversing your decision will involve an account rollback. Depends if Anet wants to do that for you.

> > > >

> > > > Think of it as first investment, only 4 more 50g investments to go. It’s really worth it.

> > >

> > > This is kind of an absurd argument. Do you honestly expect players to research every part of the game before completing it?

> >

> > could have typed in open skies in the achievment section search box of the hero panel not much research needed tbh.

>

> and how would someone know what the achievement is called without knowing about it?

> i see arguments like this all the time, not thinking further along.

>

> IMO the mount should just be 250G and not a 5 part achievement which even has a legendary enemy in it that no one kills nowadays.

Given the fact Open Skies Achievements are HIDDEN, until you obtain the Spearmarshal's Plea, which mean you not only found the dead-not-dead Sunspear on a ledge and after what seems to be blindly clicking through the dialogue, you unlock all the open skies achievements, with the notifications to boot. That dialogue has all the explaining needed.

You can read all of this dialogue which was ignored in game here.

Using a guide, like Dulfy, just condenses this information into a more follow friendly format, it doesn’t just come from thin air.

> @"lady.2106" said:

> The facet? I see people killing it numerous times daily on mosaic trains. IMO it's more difficult getting anyone remotely interested in non-legendary bounty trains, Serpents Ire or Maw/ Junundu in Desolation but ymmv. Personally, I found the end "task" of the achievement to be the most vexing.

>

> I can't say much aside from the fact the moment I saw the griffon I *had* to have one. The only mount I really use aside from when I need to transverse terrain; it's worth every copper to me.

Is that directed at me? For sure, people kill it multiple times daily, but if you aren't in the area at the right time, it doesn't matter one tiny bit how often people do it. But it's OK, I realised it was one of three things left to do, did the other two and then camped Crystal Oasis until the facet was ready.

> @"Dantert.1803" said:

> If they change the price and quests because of the whining I would be SOOO PISSED!

I'd be happy to receive a partial refund for my griffon but I doubt they'll change the prices, it can serve as a longer term goal for those who don't have the gold now.

I don't get why people complain about the gold cost. The game needs gold sinks and it's not that expensive, especially when you consider there's no requirement to obtain the griffon at all.

What IS a pain in the ass is how long it takes to get - there's a ton of stuff you have to do to obtain it and it gets really tedious. That to me is a far greater concern.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Dantert.1803" said:

> > If they change the price and quests because of the whining I would be SOOO PISSED!

>

> I'd be happy to receive a partial refund for my griffon but I doubt they'll change the prices, it can serve as a longer term goal for those who don't have the gold now.

I can't see Anet changing anything. It is an optional mount and not required for game-play or to further any storyline.