is the grieving stat any good for wvw and fractals and boss?

> @"winterlove.6834" said:

> wondered on a condi dmg toon would i be better with vipers for longer durations of condi dmg or the grieving set wich would give better critical dmg/critical.condi dmg?

>

> critical hit does proc on condi dmg to right?

Conditions can never crit but the power damage portion of your skills can (as a condition spec you dont do much power damage tho), you also can get additional conditions put onto foes when you crit through traits.

For mirage while viper is more effective in pve, grieving is better in wvw (small scale) because frequent condition cleanse makes expertise useless. Better to crit harder for higher intensity burst.

However you can get away with either in both modes so it doesn't really matter. Just don't go full glass with these stats due to longer time to kill - ie, mix in cele trinkets for wvw.

I was thinking about the grieving for my mirage. I don't know the class that good, but I noticed that with traits I basically have perma fury, a bonus to the crit and perma torment. Extend the boon durations doesn't seem so mandatory, since it's already at max stack, unless a boss put me in some awkward moment and I have to disengage for a bit.

On the other hand, shattering would be even more rewarding, considering the perma fury and the bonus to the crit. But just speculations, I didn't try the difference, I can't tell.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> nobody uses grieving, apothecary, etc all these random crap that just makes it hard for new players to gear themselves to give people the illusion of "choice".

The choice exists. Just because the meta is already well established after all these years doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's a shame that more damage = always better and that if you ever played a full glass character anything else will feel terrible and boring but there is still a choice. Not optimal, but it exists.