When will we get wing 6?

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> Are we getting wing 6 end of year again? It's the time when most family take vacation.. also Xmas and etc.. I think it is better if new raid wing release outside period between Nov to Jan .. it's usually most busy time for family ?

>

If it is easy mode like Wing 4, can we skip it and get to the wing with mechanically demanding raids?

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> It's not wing 6, stop with this idiotic nomenclature. Same with 'wing 5'. It's not a wing, it's a kitten new raid with only three bosses.

Then how should we call it? W1.2? W5 is simple and intuitive and all people already call it by that name.

Why is it important to not call it W5? Just because it's wrong per strict definition? Doesn't make sense for me while being in the internet and have to deal with "memes", the most terrible thing/word since 1-2 (?) years now. W5 makes it easier to communicate instead of "the new raid" or "HoC" which is not intuitive for a lot of players.

It's a game we are not in a semantics course at college/uni or something similar.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> All I know is that it takes way too long between raid releases. It is hard to keep a guild or static alive if you need to wait 6 months+ for something you have on farm status after 2 weeks

Agree but then again you can just decided in said static to stop raiding untill a new wing or 2 or 3 are released and go right back into learning the new wings without useing guides.

> All I know is that it takes way too long between raid releases. It is hard to keep a guild or static alive if you need to wait 6 months+ for something you have on farm status after 2 weeks

While the release schedule could certainly be a bit faster, let's face reality. No developer can release raids as fast as they're consumed and this isn't even a raid-centric game.

> @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > All I know is that it takes way too long between raid releases. It is hard to keep a guild or static alive if you need to wait 6 months+ for something you have on farm status after 2 weeks

>

> While the release schedule could certainly be a bit faster, let's face reality. No developer can release raids as fast as they're consumed and this isn't even a raid-centric game.

Either make them hard enough that you cant beat them as fast or add a new raid wing at least every 3 months.

2 bosses after 9 months of waiting after the joke that is w4 is surely not acceptable. And now we are already at the 6 month mark again. When raids were new Anet said they could make 6 wings a year and now we didnt even have 6 wings in about 3 years

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > All I know is that it takes way too long between raid releases. It is hard to keep a guild or static alive if you need to wait 6 months+ for something you have on farm status after 2 weeks

>

> Agree but then again you can just decided in said static to stop raiding untill a new wing or 2 or 3 are released and go right back into learning the new wings without useing guides.

What a great idea. Like a static or guild would ever come back together in full after months of break. My last static I had between w4 and w5 never restored despite w5 happening. They just did not deem it enough content to reinstall the game

> > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > All I know is that it takes way too long between raid releases. It is hard to keep a guild or static alive if you need to wait 6 months+ for something you have on farm status after 2 weeks

> >

> > While the release schedule could certainly be a bit faster, let's face reality. No developer can release raids as fast as they're consumed and this isn't even a raid-centric game.

>

> Either make them hard enough that you cant beat them as fast or add a new raid wing at least every 3 months.

> 2 bosses after 9 months of waiting after the joke that is w4 is surely not acceptable. And now we are already at the 6 month mark again. When raids were new Anet said they could make 6 wings a year and now we didnt even have 6 wings in about 3 years

>

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > All I know is that it takes way too long between raid releases. It is hard to keep a guild or static alive if you need to wait 6 months+ for something you have on farm status after 2 weeks

> >

> > Agree but then again you can just decided in said static to stop raiding untill a new wing or 2 or 3 are released and go right back into learning the new wings without useing guides.

>

> What a great idea. Like a static or guild would ever come back together in full after months of break. My last static I had between w4 and w5 never restored despite w5 happening. They just did not deem it enough content to reinstall the game

That was how many they could possibly make a year not how many they would do mate.

> @"Bakeneko.5826" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > Are we getting wing 6 end of year again? It's the time when most family take vacation.. also Xmas and etc.. I think it is better if new raid wing release outside period between Nov to Jan .. it's usually most busy time for family ?

> >

>

> If it is easy mode like Wing 4, can we skip it and get to the wing with mechanically demanding raids?

I think all wings are unique and fun on its own ... I'm more concern with the release timing...

Apologise that I label the wings with numbers ?? didnt think that can be such a big deal .. I guess it is for developer.. if only I know what exactly new raid is gonna be called.

Please consider the timing of new raid release sp its won't clash with Christmas period and most family are busy with prep and vacation ??

And yeah I agree that new content release take so long :p keep the pump up guys.. we need new raid now lol

Agree this actually

Sadly that I don't hv enough farm gene in me for the farm status lol.. so it's been really slow for me..

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> It's not wing 6, stop with this idiotic nomenclature. Same with 'wing 5'. It's not a wing, it's a kitten new raid with only three bosses.

I don't see the problem, it would be the 6th wing ever released. Forsaken thicket is raid 1 with 3 wings. Bastion of the penitent is raid 2 with 1 wing. Hence botp is the 4th wing ever released. Hall of chains is the 3rd raid and has 1 wing, that wing is the 5th wing ever released.

I think your interpreting it like a new raid would be "the 6th wing of the first raid". Obviously its not, nobody thinks hall of chains is releated to the forsaken thicket. It would be the 6th wing ever released.

I just have a feeling that they are going to create 7 or 8 Raids and call it quits. Not sure when W6 is going to be released, however at the current pacing, we won’t see W8 until 2020. That pretty long friggin time. I imagine we would finished Season 4 as well as the latest expansion and into Season 5 by then.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> I just have a feeling that they are going to create 7 or 8 Raids and call it quits.

Ye, that's not unlikely and simultaneously they'll stop the whole GW2 developing process. What I doubt is that they'll stop developing challenging content and still go on with the game.

Spirit Vale: November 2015

4 months later, Salvation Pass: March 2016

3 months later, Stronghold of the Faithful: June 2016

8 months later, Bastion of the Penitent: February 2017

9 months later, Hall of Chains: November 2017

We are at the 6 month point since Hall of Chains was released so based on past releases (excluding the first Raid which was released in pieces) we are fine

No need for doom and gloom just yet.

Prediction: if we follow the established pattern the next Raid release can be at around the same time as the anniversary of the game (August).

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> Spirit Vale: November 2015

> 4 months later, Salvation Pass: March 2016

> 3 months later, Stronghold of the Faithful: June 2016

> 8 months later, Bastion of the Penitent: February 2017

> 9 months later, Hall of Chains: November 2017

> We are at the 6 month point since Hall of Chains was released so based on past releases (excluding the first Raid which was released in pieces) we are fine

>

> No need for doom and gloom just yet.

>

> Prediction: if we follow the established pattern the next Raid release can be at around the same time as the anniversary of the game (August).

So the extreme side of the time line is approximately 9 months. Which still technically places Wing 8 in 2020.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > I just have a feeling that they are going to create 7 or 8 Raids and call it quits.

>

> Ye, that's not unlikely and simultaneously they'll stop the whole GW2 developing process. What I doubt is that they'll stop developing challenging content and still go on with the game.

>

I too wonder on the game length. Like they have to almost do Cantha next, which really just leave places north of Tyria that we have already explored in gw1. Charr Homelands, Far Shiver peaks, Woodland cascades. After that we are trudging into new territory.

Oh and the depths.