[Suggestion] Horse Mount [merged]

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, *NOT* the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts *do* something, what would a horse bring to the game?

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, *NOT* the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

>

> But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts *do* something, what would a horse bring to the game?

Could be a special skin for all I care.

> @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, *NOT* the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

> >

> > But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts *do* something, what would a horse bring to the game?

>

> Could be a special skin for all I care.

>

And for which mount would it be a skin for, and how much would you be willing to pay for it? because theyd have to make entirely new animations for it, the 3d model, and having the character riding it.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, *NOT* the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

> > >

> > > But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts *do* something, what would a horse bring to the game?

> >

> > Could be a special skin for all I care.

> >

>

> And for which mount would it be a skin for, and how much would you be willing to pay for it? because theyd have to make entirely new animations for it, the 3d model, and having the character riding it.

Raptor I guess, the leap makes sense for a galloping horse.

I'd pay the 2K a special skin costs regularly, like the bird skin.

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, *NOT* the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

> > > >

> > > > But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts *do* something, what would a horse bring to the game?

> > >

> > > Could be a special skin for all I care.

> > >

> >

> > And for which mount would it be a skin for, and how much would you be willing to pay for it? because theyd have to make entirely new animations for it, the 3d model, and having the character riding it.

>

> Raptor I guess, the leap makes sense for a galloping horse.

> I'd pay the 2K a special skin costs regularly, like the bird skin.

They’d still have to make new animations and remove old animations. The raptor has several dog like animations that would need to be removed. In addition the raptor is 2 legged which probably makes a difference when adding a 4 legged skin to it

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, *NOT* the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

> > > >

> > > > But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts *do* something, what would a horse bring to the game?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > And for which mount would it be a skin for, and how much would you be willing to pay for it? because theyd have to make entirely new animations for it, the 3d model, and having the character riding it.

>

It would be more than 2k due to the new animiations and such that theyd have to make that @"Just a flesh wound.3589" mentioned.

Since the mounts have special animations and uses maybe ANet should add one or two more mount slots for other mounts, such as horses, that have no specific animations or uses. That way they could add mounts of many different types that don’t need to be a reskin of one of the current mounts and don’t have the special uses. They could have a mount slot for “other” 4 legged mounts and a mount slot for “other” 2 legged mounts.

> Am I the only one who really wants to ride the classic horse mount and finds it extremely weird we have no horse mount or skin?

A horse mount is pointless because it would make it the worst mount when compared to the other mounts. It can't leap long distances like the raptor, it can't jump high like the springer, it can't swim fast on water like the skimmer, it can't teleport like the jackal and it can't fly like the awesome griffon.

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

I’m waiting for the raptor skin that looks like a Moa. That will be the day!

Theres "unoriginal" and then theres not even trying.... The reason you're getting so much push back, is because you're not even trying to put an interesting spin on the idea, and then further dismiss any desire for a creative touch. A high fantasy setting containing not only every major fantasy trope, but also subverts nearly all of them.... and you just stopped at "a Horse. Just a plain old regular horse".

Now you know what would get a lot of discussion going? Reskin the Jackel with the Dreamer's Unicorn. Lets go down the list.....

- In-game reference to a Legendary weapon

- Is doubly unique in that Horses are "mythical" in Tyria, and the Unicorn is the ultimate evolution of that idea

- The "suspension of disbelief" baggage that comes with Unicorns is a lot lower then with other Equines (ie we already accept it to be absurd)

- It immediately answers the question of why it teleports (cuz "magic"), in a world where there is a fine line between magic and technology

- It already provides the basis for visual effects it would use

- Immediately raises the question of why don't have a Tiger mount with a "stealth" teleport effect, and a Pounce that just makes perfect sense for the Jackal's dismount.

- People who roll Dreamer would be all over this, as would a lot of RP cosplayers

- "Press Space to Dash"

- Always, I wanna be with you. And make believe with you. And live in harmony, harmony oh love......