HoT & PoF expansions 30% off!

> @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> So bless online flopped and GW2 offered a discount at the same time steam started refunds? Genius

Pretty much because many people jumped from that game over, Arenanet saw the new player numbers increase, thus forum post to welcome them and this nice sale now

> @"Vash.2386" said:

> How do I enter the code? .. I've gone thru the purchase process from the website but see no option to input the code.

On the checkout page, under your cart, there is an 'Apply a promo code' option, you click it and a box pops up where you can type the code.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > So bless online flopped and GW2 offered a discount at the same time steam started refunds? Genius

>

> Pretty much because many people jumped from that game over, Arenanet saw the new player numbers increase, thus forum post to welcome them and this nice sale now

I find it interesting, people on MMO forums are forever asking "What is this game/developer doing to counter this new game which is coming out soon?" and the answer is almost always "Nothing, they're carrying on with their existing release plan".

No one ever asks what developers are doing in response to another game 'dying' (even in the rare cases that it actually happens and it's not just that one person declaring it dead because they're bored with it), even though now I think about it that does seem like a far more likely time to pick up a bunch of new players.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > > So bless online flopped and GW2 offered a discount at the same time steam started refunds? Genius

> >

> > Pretty much because many people jumped from that game over, Arenanet saw the new player numbers increase, thus forum post to welcome them and this nice sale now

>

> I find it interesting, people on MMO forums are forever asking "What is this game/developer doing to counter this new game which is coming out soon?" and the answer is almost always "Nothing, they're carrying on with their existing release plan".

>

> No one ever asks what developers are doing in response to another game 'dying' (even in the rare cases that it actually happens and it's not just that one person declaring it dead because they're bored with it), even though now I think about it that does seem like a far more likely time to pick up a bunch of new players.

Back when CoH was dying people on the CO forums, and in game, broached that subject. Forum introduction threads were created and Cryptic was encouraged to reach out to those who had just lost their game. Supergroups were created specifically to meet former CoHers in the early zones of CO, etc.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > If I were to get a second account, would I need to use a different email?

>

> Yes, you can't have the exact same Account Name (email address) on more than one account.

Like, I knew it in my head, and that's how it's always worked, but I was really hoping that somehow it wasn't the case, even if I couldn't figure out how it would ever work.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > If I were to get a second account, would I need to use a different email?

>

> Yes, you can't have the exact same Account Name (email address) on more than one account.

You can sometimes work around it.

Google mail ignores periods, while ANet accounts do not. So for example, the following would work:

* kal.spiro.9234@gmail.com

* kalspiro9234@gmail.com

ANet would allow those to be two different accounts; the gmail would go to the same address.

Caution: not every email system respects that convention and many, many websites do not support the allowed conventions.