Desert Borderland - Air Keep Breach

Menzo.2185

I don't see how exploits can happen in a live beta setting. They're at odds with one another. ANet builds it, "tests" it, then releases it and it's then on us beta testers to put it through its paces. It's functioning precisely the way they implemented and it hasn't been fixed.

If this sort of thing is a punishable offense every cheese build that rises up post balance patch should be avoided, not flocked to.

It's been reported numerous times with proof for more time than we should have to wait for a fix. I'll give you a hint, since desert borderlands were made. The way "in" was "adjusted" but people can still just walk in to the keep without a single siege piece used and kill the lord flipping it. Anet has basically decided they don't care since they have allowed it to go on for this many years.

> @"Avengedeath.4671" said:

> Just caught a guild group using this exploit. Joined their squad, they didn’t kick me out. Wrote down all of their acct names, took screenshots of them walking into air keep. Report/email sent to Anet. Hopefully something will be done.

But it doesn't count if they also took down an outer wall or gate. The secret is out and people are curious. Anet needs to fix the issue. It is as simple as dropping down from a ledge. No jumps or nothing. Such a poor fix for the rocket boots to the carved ledge....

> @"Piina.1247" said:

> The "fix" at air keep just made it worse.... Should i upload some vids how to reach lord at fire and how to jump inside stoic? Maybe they will "fix" em too.

Do it. At least it would make desert map more active.

Make sure it also gets to reddit.

> @"Piina.1247" said:

> The "fix" at air keep just made it worse.... Should i upload some vids how to reach lord at fire and how to jump inside stoic? Maybe they will "fix" em too.

just do it, if showing them in private for months/since the border is out doesn't work, then make it public and show everyone how to do it so they are forced to fix it.

if only a few know, they won't consider it a big deal.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Piina.1247" said:

> > The "fix" at air keep just made it worse.... Should i upload some vids how to reach lord at fire and how to jump inside stoic? Maybe they will "fix" em too.

>

> Do it. At least it would make desert map more active.

Also frequent resets makes objectives much more fun to fight over by other players since dbl usually only have smaller groups that have to ignore T3.

So theres that.

> Just caught a guild group using this exploit. Joined their squad, they didn’t kick me out. Wrote down all of their acct names, took screenshots of them walking into air keep. Report/email sent to Anet. Hopefully something will be done.

Yea, it's really bad. Someone had a video of a SoS group of 30ish use the exploit earlier this week, was simple nameplates so it didn't show player names, but the commander was running a ZEAL tag. Flipped T3 air keep before anyone knew it was being attacked.

> sorry I should have clarified, the guild group I saw walk into air keep did NOT take down any outer walls or gates. no legitimate Mesmer portal into air keep, they used the exploit of jumping down into inner from nw wall area.

We just finished a round of having red BL as homeland, and honestly all of this "exploit" talk is wrong. It is NOT an exploit if you simply walk along a small path. It is bad design that needs to be fixed ASAP. The whole DH jump from outer garri to inner garri was; perhaps, an exploit, but walking a ledge is NOT.

Is it unethical? Yes, but it's not an exploit.

> @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> > @"Avengedeath.4671" said:

> > sorry I should have clarified, the guild group I saw walk into air keep did NOT take down any outer walls or gates. no legitimate Mesmer portal into air keep, they used the exploit of jumping down into inner from nw wall area.

>

> We just finished a round of having red BL as homeland, and honestly all of this "exploit" talk is wrong. It is NOT an exploit if you simply walk along a small path. It is bad design that needs to be fixed ASAP. The whole DH jump from outer garri to inner garri was; perhaps, an exploit, but walking a ledge is NOT.

> Is it unethical? Yes, but it's not an exploit.

I'd have to agree with this. Unethical, but not an exploit since you do not have to manipulate anything to do it. Anyone can do it, so you aren't gaining an advantage over another player, as that player has the same advantage once you control air keep. Only thing you can do is drop supply traps there until ANET actually fixes it.

devs do your JOBS and FIX this.

air is a keep not a tower or camp and all keeps have 2 layers of defense.

NO PLAYERS should be able to go inside without working for it.

because it gives all opponents an unfair advantage.

no word play needed here but to whip workers to work