How come there's no communication about the delay of the next raid wing?

I held out for a little while thinking maybe you were just going to delay the teaser like you did with HoC and BotP, but we're now 24 hours until release and there's no word. I'm sure the team understands the fact that if there were a new raid wing, many people would want to take off work or not make plans for that day in order to spend the day with their group attempting to clear it. So I highly doubt they're just going to do a surprise release. I'd also doubt they're holding off the raid wing a couple weeks after, because one, that'd be the first time they've done it, and two, it'd be really poor business practice to allow your customers to sit here this angry, especially when many people have already announced that they're taking a break due to burn out and no new raid wing to fix that.

So the most educated conclusion would be that the next raid wing will likely not show up until episode 4 comes out (hopefully not after then either). But why? Why is it not going to release until then? Better yet, why has it been this long and we still haven't been told yet? Who at ANet is responsible for community relations, because how is it possible that you think the current situation is in a good as it gets spot? Right now I feel like I can't trust Arena Net at all, how am I supposed to trust you in the future that this won't be the new norm? As a person who plays the game mostly to raid, why would I continue playing if we get one raid wing per year? I've already been resorting to playing other MMOs to bide my time. I would straight up quit the game, but I, like most other people realize that this is an unintended effort to kill off the raiding community. If we quit now, there likely won't be a raiding community to come back to. It already halved the community when the massive delay between BotP and Hall of Chains happened, how could Arena Net let it happen again?

Really though, why is it happening again? Is Arena Net shifting focus from raiding and letting this yearly release schedule become the new norm? This is what it feels like, and if the communication on the subject remains like it is, the community has no choice but to feel like you just don't care about us. Or did something come up in development and it had to be delayed? If this is the reason, then how in the world would it be a good idea to keep us uninformed about it?

Please just talk to us.

If a raid wing were delayed, wouldn’t there have to have been a release date or established release schedule in the first place?

Edit: Below are the intervals between wing releases.

W1->W2: 112 days

W2->W3: 98 days

W3->W4: 239 days

W4->W5: 293 days

Since W5: 209 days

I’d say it’s safe to say that there no set schedule and they don’t get released until they’re ready. Each raid wing’s development is unique.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> If a raid wing were delayed, wouldn’t there have to have been a release date or established release schedule in the first place?

>

> Edit: Below are the intervals between wing releases.

>

> W1->W2: 112 days

> W2->W3: 98 days

> W3->W4: 239 days

> W4->W5: 293 days

>

> Since W5: 209 days

>

> I’d say it’s safe to say that there no set schedule and they don’t get released until they’re ready. Each raid wing’s development is unique.

Except that after Hall of Chains took nearly 10 months to release, Crystal Reid told us that the next few wings will be coming sooner than how long it took to make Hall of Chains. Even if the next episode of living world comes out on 3 months on the dot, the next raid wing will come out 300 days after W5's release, 9 months and 29 days. So while we don't have a schedule, we did have an idea that we would expect W6 to be released sooner than 9 months and 22 days from the last wing.

> @"morbious.6492" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > If a raid wing were delayed, wouldn’t there have to have been a release date or established release schedule in the first place?

> >

> > Edit: Below are the intervals between wing releases.

> >

> > W1->W2: 112 days

> > W2->W3: 98 days

> > W3->W4: 239 days

> > W4->W5: 293 days

> >

> > Since W5: 209 days

> >

> > I’d say it’s safe to say that there no set schedule and they don’t get released until they’re ready. Each raid wing’s development is unique.

>

> Except that after Hall of Chains took nearly 10 months to release, Crystal Reid told us that the next few wings will be coming sooner than how long it took to make Hall of Chains. Even if the next episode of living world comes out on 3 months on the dot, the next raid wing will come out 300 days after W5's release, 9 months and 29 days. So while we don't have a schedule, we did have an idea that we would expect W6 to be released sooner than 9 months and 22 days from the last wing.

Raid wing releases are not tied to living story releases. The next wing could be released anytime between now and the next episode. There is still 84 days remaining until their claim no longer is valid.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"morbious.6492" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > If a raid wing were delayed, wouldn’t there have to have been a release date or established release schedule in the first place?

> > >

> > > Edit: Below are the intervals between wing releases.

> > >

> > > W1->W2: 112 days

> > > W2->W3: 98 days

> > > W3->W4: 239 days

> > > W4->W5: 293 days

> > >

> > > Since W5: 209 days

> > >

> > > I’d say it’s safe to say that there no set schedule and they don’t get released until they’re ready. Each raid wing’s development is unique.

> >

> > Except that after Hall of Chains took nearly 10 months to release, Crystal Reid told us that the next few wings will be coming sooner than how long it took to make Hall of Chains. Even if the next episode of living world comes out on 3 months on the dot, the next raid wing will come out 300 days after W5's release, 9 months and 29 days. So while we don't have a schedule, we did have an idea that we would expect W6 to be released sooner than 9 months and 22 days from the last wing.

>

> Raid wing releases are not tied to living story releases. The next wing could be released anytime between now and the next episode. There is still 84 days remaining until their claim no longer is valid.

The last two raid wings were released with living world patches. If this pattern were going to stop, then why is ANet not allowed to warn us? Why are you defending the lack of communication with strawman arguments?

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Why do you assume new raid is delayed?

You can read the first paragraph of my post along with the first sentence of the next paragraph.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Because the Devs already stated that Raid releases weren't tied to Living World Story releases? I'd guess definitive statements overrule patterns. Of course, that's just me.

>

> Good luck.

So we're again lead back to poor communication skills by ANet.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> How is that poor communication skills? I'm not sure they feel the need to communicate to any player, personally, other than stating (to everyone) that Raids aren't tied to LWSEs. Are you asking for a disclaimer on each Episode release?

I'm asking for communication on the current state of raiding and the development of future raids... Yes, they owe this to us very much, it's a dying community and unless it's their goal to kill off the raiding community, then it's in their best interest to communicate this stuff with us.

> @"morbious.6492" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"morbious.6492" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > If a raid wing were delayed, wouldn’t there have to have been a release date or established release schedule in the first place?

> > > >

> > > > Edit: Below are the intervals between wing releases.

> > > >

> > > > W1->W2: 112 days

> > > > W2->W3: 98 days

> > > > W3->W4: 239 days

> > > > W4->W5: 293 days

> > > >

> > > > Since W5: 209 days

> > > >

> > > > I’d say it’s safe to say that there no set schedule and they don’t get released until they’re ready. Each raid wing’s development is unique.

> > >

> > > Except that after Hall of Chains took nearly 10 months to release, Crystal Reid told us that the next few wings will be coming sooner than how long it took to make Hall of Chains. Even if the next episode of living world comes out on 3 months on the dot, the next raid wing will come out 300 days after W5's release, 9 months and 29 days. So while we don't have a schedule, we did have an idea that we would expect W6 to be released sooner than 9 months and 22 days from the last wing.

> >

> > Raid wing releases are not tied to living story releases. The next wing could be released anytime between now and the next episode. There is still 84 days remaining until their claim no longer is valid.

>

> The last two raid wings were released with living world patches. If this pattern were going to stop, then why is ANet not allowed to warn us? Why are you defending the lack of communication with strawman arguments?

I suggest looking up what a straw man argument is first before blindly making that accusation.

They made a statement that raid releases were not tied to living story releases. Because two raid wing releases happened to coincide with living story releases, you’re now making the claim that this is the new norm.

> @"morbious.6492" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > Why do you assume new raid is delayed?

>

> You can read the first paragraph of my post along with the first sentence of the next paragraph.

>

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Because the Devs already stated that Raid releases weren't tied to Living World Story releases? I'd guess definitive statements overrule patterns. Of course, that's just me.

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> So we're again lead back to poor communication skills by ANet.

How is a definitive statement poor communication?

I could see ignoring such a statement and inventing a nonexistent schedule being an indication of poor communication, but ANet didnt do that.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"morbious.6492" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > If a raid wing were delayed, wouldn’t there have to have been a release date or established release schedule in the first place?

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: Below are the intervals between wing releases.

> > > > >

> > > > > W1->W2: 112 days

> > > > > W2->W3: 98 days

> > > > > W3->W4: 239 days

> > > > > W4->W5: 293 days

> > > > >

> > > > > Since W5: 209 days

> > > > >

> > > > > I’d say it’s safe to say that there no set schedule and they don’t get released until they’re ready. Each raid wing’s development is unique.

> > > >

> > > > Except that after Hall of Chains took nearly 10 months to release, Crystal Reid told us that the next few wings will be coming sooner than how long it took to make Hall of Chains. Even if the next episode of living world comes out on 3 months on the dot, the next raid wing will come out 300 days after W5's release, 9 months and 29 days. So while we don't have a schedule, we did have an idea that we would expect W6 to be released sooner than 9 months and 22 days from the last wing.

> > >

> > > Raid wing releases are not tied to living story releases. The next wing could be released anytime between now and the next episode. There is still 84 days remaining until their claim no longer is valid.

> >

> > The last two raid wings were released with living world patches. If this pattern were going to stop, then why is ANet not allowed to warn us? Why are you defending the lack of communication with strawman arguments?

>

> I suggest looking up what a straw man argument is first before blindly making that accusation.

>

> They made a statement that raid releases were not tied to living story releases. Because two raid wing releases happened to coincide with living story releases, you’re now making the claim that this is the new norm.

A strawman argument is when you're arguing against points I didn't make to distract from the original argument. You keep trying to bring up things like raid wings not being released with living world all the time, when the original argument was poor communication with the players, which in the end if it weren't happening, your argument wouldn't matter in the first place.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > Why do you assume new raid is delayed?

> >

> > You can read the first paragraph of my post along with the first sentence of the next paragraph.

> >

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Because the Devs already stated that Raid releases weren't tied to Living World Story releases? I'd guess definitive statements overrule patterns. Of course, that's just me.

> > >

> > > Good luck.

> >

> > So we're again lead back to poor communication skills by ANet.

>

> How is a definitive statement poor communication?

>

> I could see ignoring such a statement and inventing a nonexistent schedule being an indication of poor communication, but ANet didnt do that.

>

>

>

Because it's not a definitive statement, we already can't trust their previous statements because the last bit of communication about raid releases said we'd stop seeing these massive breaks between raid wings. So like I said, poor communication skills...

> @"morbious.6492" said:

> Because it's not a definitive statement, we already can't trust their previous statements because the last bit of communication about raid releases said we'd stop seeing these massive breaks between raid wings. So like I said, poor communication skills...

Can you post that "last bit of communication"?

> @"morbious.6492" said:

> I'm asking for communication on the current state of raiding and the development of future raids... Yes, they owe this to us very much, it's a dying community and unless it's their goal to kill off the raiding community, then it's in their best interest to communicate this stuff with us.

>

I very much doubt that this perceived lack of communication is leading to the raid community dying.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > Because it's not a definitive statement, we already can't trust their previous statements because the last bit of communication about raid releases said we'd stop seeing these massive breaks between raid wings. So like I said, poor communication skills...

>

> Can you post that "last bit of communication"?

"We are planning to release raids with more regularity this season."

That's not a promise of a raid wing with every LW release or a promise of any sort, really. It says exactly what it means: they are PLANNING to release them more frequently this season. If people chose to read more into that than what was there, then that's on those people.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > I'm asking for communication on the current state of raiding and the development of future raids... Yes, they owe this to us very much, it's a dying community and unless it's their goal to kill off the raiding community, then it's in their best interest to communicate this stuff with us.

> >

>

> I very much doubt that this perceived lack of communication is leading to the raid community dying.

>

>

Right now almost everyone I speak to is beginning to think that ANet just doesn't care about raiders. Everything that's happened for the last two years leading up to this. ANet still just doing random balance patches that serve nothing other than to shake up the raid meta, and not even doing a good job at it. Didn't even acknowledge Teapot's tournament outside of one employee saying congrats on the post about MnF winning. Hall of Chains had half the amount of bosses from the last raid. Then there's a lot of small things that the community wants to know about, like what does ANet think about epi bouncing and will it ever be nerfed, will magnetite shards ever be uncapped to give more incentive for people to continue raiding past their first clears of the week, stuff like that. Now to put the cherry on top, they won't even tell us what's going on with the raid team, no dev blogs, no explanation for long release times, no idea if we're even going to get a raid this episode.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> "We are planning to release raids with more regularity this season."

>

> That's not a promise of a raid wing with every LW release or a promise of any sort, really. It says exactly what it means: they are PLANNING to release them more frequently this season. If people chose to read more into that than what was there, then that's on those people.

Again, you're arguing against something I seriously don't care about. If it really is going to be released halfway between this episode and the next, why are they not telling us? Where is the communication with the community saying that either they were wrong about more frequent releases, or that we should expect more information on the raid coming soon?

> @"Blaeys.3102" said:

> There is already a thread about this in the Raid and Fractal subforum (with near identical comments from the same posters posting here).

That thread is focusing on the aspect of there just not being a new raid. I want my thread to focus on the fact that Arena Net's community relations is abysmal, with how the raid community is being treated as evidence. There are people coming in here trying to detract from the point, and I'm doing my best to try and bring it back on topic.