> > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > With all honesty, the coolest thing they can do is a raid.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > No. Just ... no. They can do better than that, and it's past time that we expect better.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Actually they can't. Nothing will feel even remotely as epic.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I'd challenge the idea that something being "epic" means "10 man instance" but hey, might be a different understanding of what "epic" means.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's not about the number of players in the instance, it's about the challenge. That's the big problem with the story instances - we fight Balthazar, but the fight isn't really hard, a rando White Mantle zealot abusing bloodstone feels much more dangerous and because of that much more of an accomplishment when defeated. And it should be clear that they will never do anything remotely as challenging as a raid boss outside of a raid, except maybe in fractal CMs. So if you want a cool story - sure, it can be wherever. Probably best in the personal story, as the other instances tend to be paced shorter. But if you want an epic fight, nothing will come close to a raid boss, sorry.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That’s a game mechanics vs lore, sort of argument. In reality, Mordremoth would kill all the raid bosses.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Irrelevant. I'm talking about the discrepancy between the supposed "epicness" of the encounter and the actual feeling when you play it. Raids convey a sense of danger, of great difficulty. Story instances do not. Also wrong because of Dhuum.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The epicness is subjective. To me Dragon stand was much more epic then the raid encounters.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Don’t even get me started on Dhuum. You are comparing 10 players, Desmina and the reapers equals the power of an Elder Dragon? Yeah, nope.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Overcoming greater challenge isn't subjective.

> > > > >

> > > > > Perhaps, but the view that greater challenge equates to more epic is.

> > > > >

> > > > > Watching the original Star War movie was an epic experience entailing no challenge on my part.

> > > >

> > > > Already debated this. My position remains - it's a waste in a videogame. Refer back to my posts for the details.

> > >

> > > Sounds good. Opinions aren’t facts though. ?

> >

> > Like you offered something that's a fact and not an opinion? It's all subjective, because ultimately it's all about personal perception. There are, however, common patterns in these personal perceptions. And the things I've outlined are such patterns.

>

> If its all subjective, why did you claim otherwise?

>

Maybe read the third sentence in the post you just quoted?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Bridget Morrigan.1752" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > I am not a raider myself currently, so for the time being, I am "locked out" myself. What I don´t get though: You claim you are interested in the story, not in playing the raid. So there is a story mode: you can watch on youtube. If you are really in for the story only, it makes no difference whether you watch cutscenes/dialogues after encounters that do not challenge you (or me for that matter) or just a movie.

>

> Watching on YouTube is not the same as playing yourself.

>

> If I had my druthers, I'd have it be a maze/puzzle which implements both expansions' mastery skills, that you could complete with others but don't HAVE to. But that's probably never going to happen.

well, of cause not, as I said, if you are interested in the story only. Given, that is a bit of a provocative statement, motivated by the observation that this claim is rarely true.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > With all honesty, the coolest thing they can do is a raid.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > No. Just ... no. They can do better than that, and it's past time that we expect better.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Actually they can't. Nothing will feel even remotely as epic.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I'd challenge the idea that something being "epic" means "10 man instance" but hey, might be a different understanding of what "epic" means.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It's not about the number of players in the instance, it's about the challenge. That's the big problem with the story instances - we fight Balthazar, but the fight isn't really hard, a rando White Mantle zealot abusing bloodstone feels much more dangerous and because of that much more of an accomplishment when defeated. And it should be clear that they will never do anything remotely as challenging as a raid boss outside of a raid, except maybe in fractal CMs. So if you want a cool story - sure, it can be wherever. Probably best in the personal story, as the other instances tend to be paced shorter. But if you want an epic fight, nothing will come close to a raid boss, sorry.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > That’s a game mechanics vs lore, sort of argument. In reality, Mordremoth would kill all the raid bosses.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Irrelevant. I'm talking about the discrepancy between the supposed "epicness" of the encounter and the actual feeling when you play it. Raids convey a sense of danger, of great difficulty. Story instances do not. Also wrong because of Dhuum.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The epicness is subjective. To me Dragon stand was much more epic then the raid encounters.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Don’t even get me started on Dhuum. You are comparing 10 players, Desmina and the reapers equals the power of an Elder Dragon? Yeah, nope.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Overcoming greater challenge isn't subjective.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Perhaps, but the view that greater challenge equates to more epic is.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Watching the original Star War movie was an epic experience entailing no challenge on my part.

> > > > >

> > > > > Already debated this. My position remains - it's a waste in a videogame. Refer back to my posts for the details.

> > > >

> > > > Sounds good. Opinions aren’t facts though. ?

> > >

> > > Like you offered something that's a fact and not an opinion? It's all subjective, because ultimately it's all about personal perception. There are, however, common patterns in these personal perceptions. And the things I've outlined are such patterns.

> >

> > If its all subjective, why did you claim otherwise?

> >

>

> Maybe read the third sentence in the post you just quoted?

I did.

It does not change the facts referenced in my question.

You have claimed that X is both objective and subjective, and appear unwilling to clarify how that is possible.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > With all honesty, the coolest thing they can do is a raid.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > No. Just ... no. They can do better than that, and it's past time that we expect better.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Actually they can't. Nothing will feel even remotely as epic.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I'd challenge the idea that something being "epic" means "10 man instance" but hey, might be a different understanding of what "epic" means.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's not about the number of players in the instance, it's about the challenge. That's the big problem with the story instances - we fight Balthazar, but the fight isn't really hard, a rando White Mantle zealot abusing bloodstone feels much more dangerous and because of that much more of an accomplishment when defeated. And it should be clear that they will never do anything remotely as challenging as a raid boss outside of a raid, except maybe in fractal CMs. So if you want a cool story - sure, it can be wherever. Probably best in the personal story, as the other instances tend to be paced shorter. But if you want an epic fight, nothing will come close to a raid boss, sorry.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That’s a game mechanics vs lore, sort of argument. In reality, Mordremoth would kill all the raid bosses.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Irrelevant. I'm talking about the discrepancy between the supposed "epicness" of the encounter and the actual feeling when you play it. Raids convey a sense of danger, of great difficulty. Story instances do not. Also wrong because of Dhuum.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The epicness is subjective. To me Dragon stand was much more epic then the raid encounters.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Don’t even get me started on Dhuum. You are comparing 10 players, Desmina and the reapers equals the power of an Elder Dragon? Yeah, nope.

> > > > >

> > > > > Overcoming greater challenge isn't subjective.

> > > >

> > > > Perhaps, but the view that greater challenge equates to more epic is.

> > > >

> > > > Watching the original Star War movie was an epic experience entailing no challenge on my part.

> > >

> > > Already debated this. My position remains - it's a waste in a videogame. Refer back to my posts for the details.

> >

> > Sounds good. Opinions aren’t facts though. ?

>

> Like you offered something that's a fact and not an opinion? It's all subjective, because ultimately it's all about personal perception. There are, however, common patterns in these personal perceptions. And the things I've outlined are such patterns.

Let’s get one thing straight though, because now I’m actually not sure what you are arguing about.

The epicness is subjective. Ok that’s squared away, now you were talking about Dhuum. Now we can use in game lore, which in terms of story and Narrative is fact. Dhuum is weakened, even in the raid instance, he is still weakened. That’s why you are able to take him in Gw1 and Gw2, he’s not a full powered god, yes he has absorbed spirit energy to get more powerful, but he isn’t the real deal.

If we are comparing Dhuum to let say Mordremoth, we are now talking about an Elder Dragon who is not only full powered, but is also using the energies of Zhaitan.

> @"GRRRR.3521" said:

> Had Woodenpotatoes video of the ama on in the background and he mentioned the wizards tower and also something how the different inhouse teams vie with each other who gets to do what. My first thought was "If the raid team gets the wizard tower im never goin to see any of it"

>

> I remember back when Bloodstone Fen came out: OHNO COMMANDER A BLOODSTONE BLEW UP! PS if you wanna know why and how its explained in the raid. Uhuh. Oh theres another with Saul Dalessio. Welp. Oh yeh Duum is back too. Hmm thats nice wonder what thats about.

>

> "GIT GUD/Anybody can raid". Nah. Several reasons (class/time/commitment/effort yadda yadda), cant do it anymore, dont wanna do it anymore, not my thing. If its gonna be a raid its entirely on me if im locked out of it, ill admit.

>

> But its almost a LS1 Situation - the dev team spends considerable resources on content only a fraction of players will see. If hearsay stats are to be believed theres like 10% actively raiding or something? These 10% will go in the first week, go "eh thats neat" and then when its yet another weekly threadmill not give a X (you cant swear here right) if theyre beating up a a reanimated Joko-Snaff Mutant or a placeholder asset to get their 1/1000 unobtanium dust per boss kill for a legendary trenchcoat or whatever, meanwhile ~90% of the peasantry like me who likes pressing 1 on elite bunnies sits outside wondering what the story is.

>

> If thats gonna be like that, ok, already happened anyway.

>

> But hey heres an idea. The next raid is gonna be Master Tojos mythical dojo. All the enemies are wooden training dummies, the tile set is some public domain japan house thing, super cost effective. Rewards are katanas or whatever. Bosses are bigger training dummies, give them some super hard phases and lots of hp and switching resistances and stuff. There, raid done, raiders happy. Can we carebears go into the wizards tower now?

I find it hard to understand why this community feels the need to martyr itself over things that may not even happen.

Here's another idea.

Save your outrage for later...you know **if** you end up artificially "locked out" of some content you want.

Until then all you have created is just another booty-bothered anti-raid post.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > With all honesty, the coolest thing they can do is a raid.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > No. Just ... no. They can do better than that, and it's past time that we expect better.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Actually they can't. Nothing will feel even remotely as epic.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I'd challenge the idea that something being "epic" means "10 man instance" but hey, might be a different understanding of what "epic" means.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > It's not about the number of players in the instance, it's about the challenge. That's the big problem with the story instances - we fight Balthazar, but the fight isn't really hard, a rando White Mantle zealot abusing bloodstone feels much more dangerous and because of that much more of an accomplishment when defeated. And it should be clear that they will never do anything remotely as challenging as a raid boss outside of a raid, except maybe in fractal CMs. So if you want a cool story - sure, it can be wherever. Probably best in the personal story, as the other instances tend to be paced shorter. But if you want an epic fight, nothing will come close to a raid boss, sorry.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > That’s a game mechanics vs lore, sort of argument. In reality, Mordremoth would kill all the raid bosses.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Irrelevant. I'm talking about the discrepancy between the supposed "epicness" of the encounter and the actual feeling when you play it. Raids convey a sense of danger, of great difficulty. Story instances do not. Also wrong because of Dhuum.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The epicness is subjective. To me Dragon stand was much more epic then the raid encounters.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Don’t even get me started on Dhuum. You are comparing 10 players, Desmina and the reapers equals the power of an Elder Dragon? Yeah, nope.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Overcoming greater challenge isn't subjective.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Perhaps, but the view that greater challenge equates to more epic is.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Watching the original Star War movie was an epic experience entailing no challenge on my part.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Already debated this. My position remains - it's a waste in a videogame. Refer back to my posts for the details.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sounds good. Opinions aren’t facts though. ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Like you offered something that's a fact and not an opinion? It's all subjective, because ultimately it's all about personal perception. There are, however, common patterns in these personal perceptions. And the things I've outlined are such patterns.

> > > >

> > > > If its all subjective, why did you claim otherwise?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Maybe read the third sentence in the post you just quoted?

> >

> > I did.

> >

> > It does not change the facts referenced in my question.

> >

> > You have claimed that X is both objective and subjective, and appear unwilling to clarify how that is possible.

>

> You have claimed that only two absolutes exist. How was that called? Oh, right, the "black-or-white" fallacy.

> You have also misinterpreted my statement on purpose, in order to make it attackable. That's called the "strawman" fallacy.

> Wanna nitpick more? And no, I have very clearly explained what I meant - you can make objective observations over subjective perceptions, given a larger scale.

When two things are opposites, by definition mutually exclusive...yeah something cannot be both objective and subjective.

No misinterpretation. You made a statement to support a position that challenge equating to epicness was an objective fact. You then claimed that the entire matter was not an objective fact.

No strawman, just waiting to see how something can be simultaneously defined as, "not influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions in considering and representing the facts," and, "based on personal feelings, tastes, or opinions."

Oh this is still afloat :open_mouth:

Not really interested in arguing back and forth, ultimately if Wizards Tower is gonna be a raid is entirely in Anets hands. I just wanted to throw this out there to gauge the reaction, obviously some people feel the same as me. Nevertheless my 2 cents to some replies (bear with me if i dont make this a quotefest but just parse some posts, im lazy)

"Watch it on Youtube". Ya thats why i buy a game, to watch it get played on YT *golfclap*

A very interesting response on how there aint that much story in raids anyways. Could i then argue that making the Tower a raid would destroy it lorewise? ;P

Another good post on how its the only way to make some encounters appropriately epic. I can see the point. However Balth got beat in plain ol story mode and also that means certain "high level" targets should be exclusive to raiders? Should we stretch that to the dragons too then since theyre the most epic thing around? I dunno

"Anti raid". You can have all the raids you want. Where i get booty bothered (whatever that is) is when i wont be able to experience cool stuff like the wizards tower because its a raid. Its a selfish demand. But "Normal" content (story, fractals, dungeons) can be experienced by close to 100% of the player base id wager. Raids cant. Selfish too, so i guess where even.

Well just have to see. Maybe Anet wont do anything at all with the Wizards Tower anyway and it will forever be a pretty floating background piece :sleeping:

(dontmakeitaraidibuymanygemsipromiseanet)

> @"Poseidon.3852" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > what about some kind of new thing, raids are in it self toxic, fractals are (like raids) not made for solo players and Anet all but abandoned dungeons.

> >

> > i was thinking, what about an instance quest, anyone can play it and no one is bothered by anyone.

> > if anyone has played city of heroes they know what i am talking about, a story in an instance with the instance scaling according to party size.

> > you can go in alone and it will be scales for solo play (open world), get in with a party and the more players the more difficult it becomes.

> >

> > for instance:

> > 1 player = open world difficulty

> > 2-5 players = dungeon difficulty (2 has more enemies while 5 has elite enemies)

> > 5+ players = raid difficulty (all enemies are veteran, stronger are champion and bosses are legendary)

> >

> > ofcouse, it might be possible to add a difficulty slider, so ppl who like the challenge but like to play alone can fake the 3 player part while playing solo.

>

> The problem here is that you would need to make 3 sets of rewards for it, which would take a lot more resources.... which ANet seems to lack completely. Also, are you suggesting that content that needs coordinated group play is by default toxic? o.o

think outside the box, what if we have the same thing as dungeons, tokens we can save up to buy armor and weapon skins.

the higher the difficulty, the more points you gain per run.

that way you can ether take your time while slowly gaining enough tokens or have a squad and get allot with allot of trouble, your pace your pleasure.

and no, i am saying that a place where only specific builds work asks for toxicity, i don't like it ether but it's inevitable.

I do think you raise a valuable point.

Raids are out of reach of many players. The way mmo's tend to solve this is to have a "Story mode" where you queue up with random players to experience the story. But the other difficulties are not only harder but have more abilities.

I do wish Anet made a system of the sort because i honestly don't have time to raid, but i'd love to experience and see the raid instances.

I dont see the point. As always non raiders say that they want to see it but dont enjoy playing it so it should change for them. On the other hand i cannot play anything exept fractals, raids and story because it is soooooo boring. And there are some things i cannot get like griffon because i dont enjoy doung it. But it is my choice as is your choice that you dont want to raid.

Please don't make it a raid. It will alienate a bunch of players. I think it would be better as a current event. The commander could receive an email about the death of someone that the commander had only heard about and the commander was bequeathed a mysterious key that leads the commander to an ancient GW1 style shrine stored somewhere in pieces. The commander has to find missing parts to assemble it in the home instance. Once assembled it leads to an at first empty Wizard's Tower but it imprints to the commander transforming into a super-home instance that has a library, armory, etc. Everything that defines the commander's travel through the world. After the tower imprints on the commander; the key could activate the shrine from anywhere in the world to take the commander to the tower.

The Wizard's Tower could be a place that if let imprint on the wrong person could that person to gain to much power. The person who died decided that the commander was the right person to hold the key.

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> It would be suitable for 1-2 dungeons and a raid instance. You could only reach with flying mounts. So the noobs are locked out (joking).

This. Yet another argument for why FotM and raids can't replace regular dungeons and why the decision to drop them needs to be reversed.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> very few people like raiding in gw2. Most people quit other mmo's to come to gw2 BECAUSE they are sick of raiding. I wish they would stop raid content. I feel it was a mistake.

Looking how raid team doesn't exist anymore and was merged with fractals and how often raids are released, I think Anet regrets this decision aswell.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > very few people like raiding in gw2. Most people quit other mmo's to come to gw2 BECAUSE they are sick of raiding. I wish they would stop raid content. I feel it was a mistake.

According to ANet, GW2raids are more popular than they expected, there's more participation than typical in similar games, and they continue to be popular.

>

> Looking how raid team doesn't exist anymore and was merged with fractals and how often raids are released, I think Anet regrets this decision aswell.

The raid & fractal teams already worked closely together. The fact that they got combined doesn't tell us anything about ANet's priorities. Only that someone in management thought it was more efficient.

Regardless, there's no reason to think that ANet is going to open up the Wizard's Tower any time soon. And if they did, there's no particular reason to think they'd limit it to raids or fractals.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > very few people like raiding in gw2. Most people quit other mmo's to come to gw2 BECAUSE they are sick of raiding. I wish they would stop raid content. I feel it was a mistake.

> According to ANet, GW2raids are more popular than they expected, there's more participation than typical in similar games, and they continue to be popular.

>

> >

> > Looking how raid team doesn't exist anymore and was merged with fractals and how often raids are released, I think Anet regrets this decision aswell.

>

> The raid & fractal teams already worked closely together. The fact that they got combined doesn't tell us anything about ANet's priorities. Only that someone in management thought it was more efficient.

>

> Regardless, there's no reason to think that ANet is going to open up the Wizard's Tower any time soon. And if they did, there's no particular reason to think they'd limit it to raids or fractals.

You bring up statements from early 2016 from an employee that it no longer at Anet. I don't think they have much relevancy now. If raids were in a good shape, raid team would be getting bigger and content released faster. Just look at mount skins, good reception, easy money, fast releases. Compared on the scale obviously, cause nobody sane would expect new raid every 2 weeks.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > very few people like raiding in gw2. Most people quit other mmo's to come to gw2 BECAUSE they are sick of raiding. I wish they would stop raid content. I feel it was a mistake.

> > According to ANet, GW2raids are more popular than they expected, there's more participation than typical in similar games, and they continue to be popular.

> >

> > >

> > > Looking how raid team doesn't exist anymore and was merged with fractals and how often raids are released, I think Anet regrets this decision aswell.

> >

> > The raid & fractal teams already worked closely together. The fact that they got combined doesn't tell us anything about ANet's priorities. Only that someone in management thought it was more efficient.

> >

> > Regardless, there's no reason to think that ANet is going to open up the Wizard's Tower any time soon. And if they did, there's no particular reason to think they'd limit it to raids or fractals.

>

> You bring up statements from early 2016 from an employee that it no longer at Anet. I don't think they have much relevancy now. If raids were in a good shape, raid team would be getting bigger and content released faster. Just look at mount skins, good reception, easy money, fast releases. Compared on the scale obviously, cause nobody sane would expect new raid every 2 weeks.

This is demonstrably false. The raid team has quite literally gone on record stating that by staying smaller in scope it allows them to operate more efficiently than if they had a bigger team. Also there's a vast difference between the artist that make skins and gameplay designer. It's like comparing a minnow to a whale.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > very few people like raiding in gw2. Most people quit other mmo's to come to gw2 BECAUSE they are sick of raiding. I wish they would stop raid content. I feel it was a mistake.

> > > According to ANet, GW2raids are more popular than they expected, there's more participation than typical in similar games, and they continue to be popular.

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Looking how raid team doesn't exist anymore and was merged with fractals and how often raids are released, I think Anet regrets this decision aswell.

> > >

> > > The raid & fractal teams already worked closely together. The fact that they got combined doesn't tell us anything about ANet's priorities. Only that someone in management thought it was more efficient.

> > >

> > > Regardless, there's no reason to think that ANet is going to open up the Wizard's Tower any time soon. And if they did, there's no particular reason to think they'd limit it to raids or fractals.

> >

> > You bring up statements from early 2016 from an employee that it no longer at Anet. I don't think they have much relevancy now. If raids were in a good shape, raid team would be getting bigger and content released faster. Just look at mount skins, good reception, easy money, fast releases. Compared on the scale obviously, cause nobody sane would expect new raid every 2 weeks.

>

> This is demonstrably false. The raid team has quite literally gone on record stating that by staying smaller in scope it allows them to operate more efficiently than if they had a bigger team. Also there's a vast difference between the artist that make skins and gameplay designer. It's like comparing a minnow to a whale.

How can you state I'm being wrong when even Anet proved their statements about efficiency are false? If what they said was even remotely true we wouldn't have almost a year gap between wings. They started big, realised it's not possible to keep up the pace with limited resources and there is no option for more resources cause raids don't pay for themselves. Therefore we have team merging and slower releases.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > very few people like raiding in gw2. Most people quit other mmo's to come to gw2 BECAUSE they are sick of raiding. I wish they would stop raid content. I feel it was a mistake.

> > According to ANet, GW2raids are more popular than they expected, there's more participation than typical in similar games, and they continue to be popular.

> >

> > >

> > > Looking how raid team doesn't exist anymore and was merged with fractals and how often raids are released, I think Anet regrets this decision aswell.

> >

> > The raid & fractal teams already worked closely together. The fact that they got combined doesn't tell us anything about ANet's priorities. Only that someone in management thought it was more efficient.

> >

> > Regardless, there's no reason to think that ANet is going to open up the Wizard's Tower any time soon. And if they did, there's no particular reason to think they'd limit it to raids or fractals.

>

> You bring up statements from early 2016 from an employee that it no longer at Anet. I don't think they have much relevancy now. If raids were in a good shape, raid team would be getting bigger and content released faster. Just look at mount skins, good reception, easy money, fast releases. Compared on the scale obviously, cause nobody sane would expect new raid every 2 weeks.

Mike Z said they were happy with where raids are at in April.

I feel like I'm getting too old for raiding. Either this, or raids in GW2 are far more difficult than raids in other games. In WoW, for instance, you could group your players, so that the DDs were relatively safe, healers and tanks could work in unison to keep everyone alive and occasionally the arena would experience a shakeup mechnaic that requires the group to adapt their tactics.

Then there was the occasional beefgate/tank and spank boss. These existed for the dual purpose of gear/rotationcheck and to refocus the group. Tactics were generally far more important that twitch reflexes with a few notable exceptions, but all in all it was workable.

Enter GW2 raiding. It is, in a word, annoying. Where other games were exciting and generally enjoyable, GW2 raids manage to be annoying. They get on my nerves. Groups end up constantly running like a group of circus animals, always getting at most 0.75 seconds to react to a faint red/blue/green/purple circle or special ability popup, that barely registers in the chaotic environment. In extreme cases those instakill you. Maybe it's just me, but I can't keep up with those reaction/movement requirements. This is especially bad in any fight, where you get teleported.

I know, the traditional answer is "git gud, son!", but this game's raids sometimes have too many things going on at once, may have become too complexity creeped. Originally it was ten guys beating a big monster to a pulp, now it feels like:

1. Jump through a burning hoop, that instakills you if you touch the edge.

Grab a candle from a maze with instakilling traps.

Bring the candle to the altar and recite a prayer while adds attack you. You get a 30 second purified buff!

Run to the bonfire before purified runs out to cook a stew by grabbing the right ingredients with 2 seconds time for each ingredient.

Toss the stew into the boss's mouth, while it makes a shockwave attack. Getting hit by the boss causes you to drop the stew. To make the boss vulnerable, you need to feed it five bowls of stew.

You now get 60 seconds to damage the boss, there are adds, epileptic discoballs that instakill you if they touch you and occasionally a purple burning hoop appears and will detonate the entire party in 5 seconds unless a player jumps through.

After the boss recovers he will summon a number of burning hoops. Repeat from step one.

Almost forgot, if the party takes longer than six minutes the boss enrages and will constantly summon purple burning hoops, so two players have to be on constant lookout to prevent a party wipe.